Goodbye Jesus

What Is The Most Annoying Type Of 'christian'?

ContraBardus

Ok, this just made my rage meter explode. http://thenewcivilri...012/05/01/38837

Not only do the stupid strict gender roles touted by these moldy old men insult EVERY thinking human, not just those in the LGBTQ community (next group would be women, really, this shit is used to abuse women so often), but the suggestion that you "crack that wrist when it starts to go limp", that you should hit a small child into the proper way of being that gender, and by default, straight...hell, that you hit any child for behaving in a "not normal" way, makes me want to hunt him down, cut his head off, and bathe in this blood.

Child abuse is NEVER FUCKING OK, and pastors that urge parents to "beat them straight" deserve to have a bat to the face. This is some of the worst behavior humans display far too often, and it makes me ill to see some fucktard try to justify it.

All I can say is that there are many churches out there that people should stay away from !!!

Ok, this just made my rage meter explode. http://thenewcivilri...012/05/01/38837

Not only do the stupid strict gender roles touted by these moldy old men insult EVERY thinking human, not just those in the LGBTQ community (next group would be women, really, this shit is used to abuse women so often), but the suggestion that you "crack that wrist when it starts to go limp", that you should hit a small child into the proper way of being that gender, and by default, straight...hell, that you hit any child for behaving in a "not normal" way, makes me want to hunt him down, cut his head off, and bathe in this blood.

Child abuse is NEVER FUCKING OK, and pastors that urge parents to "beat them straight" deserve to have a bat to the face. This is some of the worst behavior humans display far too often, and it makes me ill to see some fucktard try to justify it.

All I can say is that there are many churches out there that people should stay away from !!!

Glad to see you agree. The world needs more Christians like you and less like the pastor in that article and video.

Glad to see you agree. The world needs more Christians like you and less like the pastor in that article and video.

In searching for God and in checking out churches, people should use a lot of common sense. Religion is an insidious way to control and abuse other people. That is why there are always cults out there. I would suggest that some Fundamentalist Baptist churches have cult like aspects. I would also classify Islam as a cult. It is a HUGE cult to be exact ( 1 billion plus ) but any religion that kills apostates should be classified as a cult.

IMHO, freedom of religion is THE cornerstone to democracy.

In searching for God and in checking out churches, people should use a lot of common sense. Religion is an insidious way to control and abuse other people. That is why there are always cults out there. I would suggest that some Fundamentalist Baptist churches have cult like aspects. I would also classify Islam as a cult. It is a HUGE cult to be exact ( 1 billion plus ) but any religion that kills apostates should be classified as a cult.

A cult is a small faith group whose survival hinges upon the personal magnetism of a single individual. A worldwide religion doesn't qualify as a cult no matter how much you dislike it or disagree with it. You don't like Islam because it kills apostates, but your own religion's Old Testament says to do the exact same things, and your God in the New Testament had no trouble designing a cosmology that kills unbelievers for eternity. And I certainly thought Christianity was abusive while I was a member of several of its denominations, with its threats of hellfire and its bizarre bipolar god--even Catholicism can be terribly damaging.

So let me fix that statement for you:

In searching for God and in checking out churches, people should avoid Judeo-Christian faiths like the plagues that they are. Judeo-Christian faiths are an insidious way to control and abuse other people. That is why there are always Judeo-Christian churches/temples/mosques out there. I would suggest that Judeo-Christian faiths have cult like aspects.

There ya go, Jay.

A cult is a small faith group whose survival hinges upon the personal magnetism of a single individual. A worldwide religion doesn't qualify as a cult no matter how much you dislike it or disagree with it. You don't like Islam because it kills apostates, but your own religion's Old Testament says to do the exact same things, and your God in the New Testament had no trouble designing a cosmology that kills unbelievers for eternity. And I certainly thought Christianity was abusive while I was a member of several of its denominations, with its threats of hellfire and its bizarre bipolar god--even Catholicism can be terribly damaging.

Cult has nothing to do with size. You can have a big cult as well, whose rules are enforced widely by more fanatical followers.

To me a religion that tells its followers to KILL or engage in acts of violence is no longer a religion. Islam teaches its followers to 'terrorize and kill unbelievers'. THAT is no longer a religion. Cult is a better description. Islam does not deserve religious protection. It should be treated as a cult or as a political movement.

You say, NT scares people by teaching eternal punishment. Well, whooppee doo. If you don't believe it they can do nothing to you. Islam is different. Muslims will not leave you alone if you don't submit to their faith. You are an infidel. You are already marked for abuse or even killing - in this life. Take a look at what happens to non muslims living under majority Islamic societies. Their lives are NOT pleasant.

Ah, the old "change the definition" gambit. You're still wrong, cupcake. A cult relies upon one charismatic leader and falls apart if that leader dies. It is also marked by mind-control, the use of coercive conversion techniques, difficulty leaving, and excessive control over members. The term usually gets used with regard to a newer religion that is not well-established and which practices one or more fringe ideas. Heaven's Gate is/was a cult. Christianity is a religion. See what I mean?

I don't like Islam either, but the fact remains that it is not a cult any more than Christianity is a cult. Some folks say that the difference between a cult and a religion is how old the faith is and how big it is, and there might be some truth to that, but you don't get to call a religion a cult just because you don't like it. And if you don't think Christians never hurt non-members and live in peace and harmony with them, you don't watch much non-Fox news.

The faux "open minded" ones are starting to get under my skin. They are sort of like the intellectual ones only less pretentious and less hateful and more woo woo. As an example, they'll talk about how "wonderful and mysterious" the book of job is and will try to squeeze out a meaning of it. I can respect trying to find a meaning in what seems pointless, but these type of people who see value in senseless suffering (like Job), come across as so two faced.

It's another example of Christian sugary mallice. They come across as nice and sweet, but they're coming from a system which is anything but.

• Like 1

Take a look at what happens to non muslims living under majority Islamic societies. Their lives are NOT pleasant.

Take a look at what happens to non believers in America, especially the bible belt. Maybe not as extreme as death, but people subscribed to your religion are trying to control this country.

I just finished watching the Passion of Christ.

I LOVE JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 2 annoying types who pending on the day are equally infuriating. 1.) The uber crazy evangelical fundies who "fall out in the spirit", get "possessed", cry during the service and all that loony hoo-ha. 2.) The preppy teenaged ones who party, drink, smoke, fornicate, bully, etc. but the moment you question the bible or their christianity you just opened up a floodgate of butthurt and hatred.

I despise SEVERAL kinds of christards:

1. Say HECK when their brain is thinking HELL, (re: "The traffic was HECK! Sorry I'm late.")

2. The ones that have to pray over the smallest decisions, make them badly and insist its GAWD'S WILL!

3. Paste all those fucking FISH on the back of their gimp-assed minivans that haul all the "ARROWS" in their quiver.

4. All "quivering" mega families that refuse to save any oxygen for the rest of us, and look down on those of us who DON'T treat our uteri like a fucking CLOWN CAR!

The ones who see demonic forces everywhere, i.e. my in-laws. Wendybanghead.gif

Ha! I know what you mean, Peace. In high school there was a weird kid who, it was rumored, had a vial of human blood in his backpack and a copy of the (hushed voice now) Necronomicon. He was a little greasy, rather overweight in an age when obese kids were a distinct oddity, and socially awkward. The rumors went that he was (gasp) casting curses on folks! I didn't even know about these rumors till some girls in the library talked about it. I was fundie at the time and they were all Southern Baptist, so I chirped, "So what? He can't hurt anybody washed in the blood of the Lamb. Let him cast all the spells he wants on people. Jesus is more powerful than Satan."

My shitting on their parade with cold "facts" did not go over well. It's hilarious how Christians give Satan so much credit. Either Jesus is more powerful or he's not. If he's not, why not go with the winning team?

My shitting on their parade with cold "facts" did not go over well. It's hilarious how Christians give Satan so much credit. Either Jesus is more powerful or he's not. If he's not, why not go with the winning team?

Everyone wants to be the underdog that gets pushed around but win in the end.

Guest end3

I despise SEVERAL kinds of christards that bother me.

1. Say "heck" when their head says, "HELL". (re: The traffic was HECK! Sorry I'm late.)

2. The ones that have to pray over the smallest decisions, make them badly and insist its GAWD'S WILL!

3. Paste all those fucking FISH on the back of their gimp-assed minivans that haul all the "ARROWS" in their quiver.

4. All "quivering" mega families that refuse to save any oxygen for the rest of us, and look down on those of us who DON'T treat our uteri like a fucking CLOWN CAR!

I agree with you Paine. I like to say hell and a myriad of other words. And I'm not too much on the fish...nor the praying by the cross cowboy figures. Don't know if you have seen those, but it's a bit much.....or more than a bit.

Edit: The fish are more like a status symbol in our part of the world rather than some good thing towards Christ. They are often tacked to Suburbans or Tahoes or Escalades......."I am a good Christian wife with all the ammenities.......3.5 kids, the house, the minivan and a good Christian husband/business man". "We are SOOOOOOO Happy that we put a f'n fish on our car so that you will know"........"you unworthy, unhappy nothing". "Luv ya".

You see where I stand on this I hope.

I've got to say, the more Christian-acting a wife is, especially if she's middle-class or better, the more I wonder how happy her marriage really is. It's like she's protesting way too much.

I seriously knew only one couple in the UPC church I was in who were blissfully happy with married life, and that's largely because they were both dramatically poor and amazingly religious. They didn't make a big deal about it or put the stick-figures on a huge mommy-SUV or anything--not that they could afford anything like that anyway.

...or put the stick-figures on a huge mommy-SUV or anything...

Those stickers make me throw up in my mouth a little. I'm not against motherhood, or having kids, but, seriously, is that the ONLY thing going for these people? If so, that's sad.

And I don't give a flying lubricated kinky fuck how many kids random hairspray mom has in her minivan. I doubt anyone else does either, and if they do, they need a fucking life.

There's a pickup truck driving around town with stick figures of mom, dad, a dog, and a cat. I actually thought that was presh. Beats the praying Calvins and stick figure families everybody seems to have. Speaking of which, I'm not thrilled with people who rip off copyrights and pervert an artist's property just to feel more sanctified.

The literalist fundie Christians who think they're right, everyone else is wrong, and argue in circles with you for an hour refusing to listen to you but would rather throw obscure bible verses at you instead to try to condemn you into believing their way. Once you start to get ahead in the argument they immediately end the debate with some cockeyed statement like "Well I'll pray for your soul", or "I'm sorry society has turned you so far against the truth, I hope Jesus sets you right before you go to hell on Judgement Day".

To thee I say, "NI!"

There's a pickup truck driving around town with stick figures of mom, dad, a dog, and a cat. I actually thought that was presh. Beats the praying Calvins and stick figure families everybody seems to have. Speaking of which, I'm not thrilled with people who rip off copyrights and pervert an artist's property just to feel more sanctified.

Can people purchase a stick-figure kneeling Tebow to put on their pickup truck or SUV?

I'm not going to look. You can, but I won't. Some things cannot be unseen.

OMG THE PRAYING CALVINS MAKE ME WANT TO RAM THE CARS!!!

Seriously, that's messing with my childhood, and I want to slash their fucking tires for it.

It's all copyright infringement, too. Every single one. The artist of the comic strip has never licensed his characters to anybody, so when you see those, you know someone stole that design to make their cutesy-poo praying Calvin, and then that a Christian bought that stolen design and proudly put it on his truck to show everybody how sanctimonious he is. Wow, what a bunch of very moral people, huh?

I had to add another one

The xtians who boycott EVERYTHING.

I had to add another one

The xtians who boycott EVERYTHING.

starbucks.jpg