Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

By their fruits, ye shall know them...

All we're getting off Pug now is Ugly Fruits.

Now? Before this it was not so ugly? Or uglier? But more importantly, what are your credentials for your fair judgement?

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now? Before this it was not so ugly? Or uglier? But more importantly, what are your credentials for your fair judgement?

I'm human... and that's all that's needed.

Question is, what are yours?

I will change my statement slightly, to make it more accurate... All we've ever got from you are Ugly Fruits.

1. We are in different time zones, so. . .

At the top of each post is the time of the posting relative to the viewer. So I can tell from that.

2. BTW why don't you pray for yourself?

Because every time I prayed God's answer was always "No", or "No, and here's a shitload of pain and misery for having the temerity to ask." In the end I stoped praying for my own safety. So it seems, despite what the bible says, God does have his favourites.

3. Thanks should go to God - i only try my best to help.[/b]

So be it.

1. We are in different time zones, so. . .

At the top of each post is the time of the posting relative to the viewer. So I can tell from that.

Not quite. Local time now is 16 jan 21:04. But what you have quoted is 09:46PM ... was that your time? you are later than me? Aaah never mind... you got the answer. Glory.

I'm human... and that's all that's needed.

Question is, what are yours?

I will change my statement slightly, to make it more accurate... All we've ever got from you are Ugly Fruits.

Correction - please note above. Somebody got his prayer answered.

My credential? Novice prayer warrior.

Please explain to me how it is "God's will" that an 18 year old girl feel so beat up by life that she can't even bring herself to accept help when it is offered? I'd like to know that Pug - because right now her physical safety and the safety of her baby is in jeopardy. :shrug:
Dear OP, How do you know it is God's will for the young girl to suffer and to refuse to accept help? I will continue my prayers.

Dear Pug,

For what it's worth - I don't think it's LOVE's will that ANYONE should suffer.

For what it's worth - I do think my prayers and the prayers of so many people in two churches will be answered. But they will be answered by love and compassion and wisdom.

For what it's worth - My prayers are already BEING answered. They have been answered as people from two congregations opened their hearts and put together enough money to help this young woman get into her own apartment - it was love that brought that answer. Love and wisdom - wisdom to understand that a young teenager can get caught up in an unhealthy relationship and get pregnant if all she's ever known from men (her own father) was abuse.

For what it's worth - My prayers are already BEING answered. They have been answered as this young girl increasingly turns to my husband and myself for advice. (We've known her for several years, she's a friend of our own children). But the prayers are answered by LOVE and WISDOM Pug - not by some anthropomorphistic "god" out in the far reaches of the universe who decides that he'll favor this suffering young woman over millions of other suffering human beings.

That is the problem I have with your understanding of GOD, that in anyway, shape, or form a supposedly "loving being" that you call God would help some who suffer and ignore others. :shrug:

Please explain to me how it is "God's will" that an 18 year old girl feel so beat up by life that she can't even bring herself to accept help when it is offered? I'd like to know that Pug - because right now her physical safety and the safety of her baby is in jeopardy. :shrug:
Dear OP, How do you know it is God's will for the young girl to suffer and to refuse to accept help? I will continue my prayers.

Dear Pug,

For what it's worth - I do think my prayers and the prayers of so many people in two churches will be answered. But they will be answered by love and compassion and wisdom.

For what it's worth - My prayers are already BEING answered. They have been answered as people from two congregations opened their hearts and put together enough money to help this young woman get into her own apartment - it was love that brought that answer. Love and wisdom - wisdom to understand that a young teenager can get caught up in an unhealthy relationship and get pregnant if all she's ever known from men (her own father) was abuse.

For what it's worth... but aren't these people errr... loving, wise Christians? On the other hand, wise loving Buddhists will also do the same thing. Or Muslims for that matter. Duh... even atheists who are caring will do the same thing. Where are you going with this?

For what it's worth - My prayers are already BEING answered. They have been answered as this young girl increasingly turns to my husband and myself for advice. (We've known her for several years, she's a friend of our own children). But the prayers are answered by LOVE and WISDOM Pug - not by some anthropomorphistic "god" out in the far reaches of the universe who decides that he'll favor this suffering young woman over millions of other suffering human beings.

Glory. Then keep up the prayers. Keep up the good work. It matters not which God. However IMO, prayers cannot be answered by love or wisdom. You have wisdom, you love, you give. No need to pray for that! Unless you pray for the Wisdom god or Love goddess? We have lots of them here. God of Wealth. Kitchen god. Goddess of Mercy. God of Gambling. I used to worship the Monkey god.

That is the problem I have with your understanding of GOD, that in anyway, shape, or form a supposedly "loving being" that you call God would help some who suffer and ignore others. :shrug:

It's ok not to understand. By faith, not by sight or explaination.

Correction - please note above. Somebody got his prayer answered.

My credential? Novice prayer warrior.

Really? Would that be the one where the prayer got answered BEFORE you read the post?

Oh, and are you sure you want to be a prayer warrior?

tradingspouses.jpg

Really? Would that be the one where the prayer got answered BEFORE you read the post?

He did say he prayed too - but he says it has always failed. Guess it didn't that time. Or why don't you verify with him the exact time he posted it and the exact time i may have seen it? it's 16 Jan 22:26 now. What's the time posted on this posting? How does it work? for what it's worth - don't believe prayers work, ok?

He did say he prayed too - but he says it has always failed. Guess it didn't that time. Or why don't you verify with him the exact time he posted it and the exact time i may have seen it? it's 16 Jan 22:26 now. What's the time posted on this posting? How does it work? for what it's worth - don't believe prayers work, ok?

First, he didn't say he prayed too...

Second, he posted it at 9:11am GMT on Jan 14th...

Third, you didn't reply until 5:11am GMT on Jan 16th...

Fourth, he got a reply 16 hours before you replied...

Fifth, unless you want to claim that you spotted it, started praying, then left it for nearly a day before replying to say you were praying... well, it don't make any sense, does it? (especially since you were trying to argue about time zone differences)

So, the only one that's been answered is the one that got answered before anyone prayed for it...

What gets me is you'll take things that happen to people all over the world all the time as proof that prayers work, yet the things that are unlikely and prayed for not happening don't make you doubt it... When did you shut down your brain?

For what it's worth... but aren't these people errr... loving, wise Christians? On the other hand, wise loving Buddhists will also do the same thing. Or Muslims for that matter. Duh... even atheists who are caring will do the same thing. Where are you going with this?
Percisely my point, Pug. Love and Wisdom are universal traits. Any human being can access Love and Wisdom and act on it. Had this young woman been born in a different culture and been befriended by Buddhists, Muslims, Atheists or Agnostics who decided to act in the way the community I live in is acting then her prayers would still be answered. Either way - what is responsible for the answered prayer is that which is universal within every human heart - the capacity for LOVE and WISDOM.

The Christian claim to exclusivity is null and void in the face of this one simple reality. People all over the world, from every human culture and religion have their prayers answered all the time. And when one honestly looks at answered prayer it is intimately linked with qualities like LOVE and Wisdom - either through other humans or through ones own heart.

Glory. Then keep up the prayers. Keep up the good work. It matters not which God. However IMO, prayers cannot be answered by love or wisdom. You have wisdom, you love, you give. No need to pray for that! Unless you pray for the Wisdom god or Love goddess? We have lots of them here. God of Wealth. Kitchen god. Goddess of Mercy. God of Gambling. I used to worship the Monkey god.
If sincere prayer - in whatever form - opens the heart to be more loving and compassionate; to be more in tune with the WISDOM needed to love - then prayer serves its purpose.

You see love and wisdom as something that is generated from the human heart - after all (from your perspective) even non-Christians and heretics like myself can feel and give love.

I see love and wisdom as inate qualities of existence - as being part of the very fabric of the universe. To me love and wisdom are something humans (and other living beings) participate in. We have access to it and we can open ourselves up to love and wisdom. This is why prayer makes a difference. Prayer - in this sense - does not require blind faith in a supernatural being out in never-never land. Prayer in this sense simply assists a person (or a community - in the case of the young woman I write about) in opening themselves up to loving, compassionate action in the world. It's really quite simple. :shrug:

Pug, If you’re willing I have a serious prayer request.

I have recently registered with an internet dating site, despite much scepticism on my part, but as a result of intense peer pressure and the positive outcome of one of those peers. I would like a woman I am interested in to respond to an email I had to pay for to send her after she responded positively to one of those free initial contact things.

If it’s God’s will I’d like her to respond positively before this Wednesday night Australian Eastern Summer Time (about 72 hours after this post) when I intend to send a friendly but potentially very embaressing and wasteful “hey, why no response?” follow up email.

I suppose I’d like some sort of confirmation that I haven’t wasted more money on one of these sites yet again. Plus I’d actually really like to meet this woman. She seems custom made for me, or vice-versa. Of course, I understand you will ask/pray in your own way, and God may answer in a way I don't expect. Nevertheless, I look forward to some kind of answer.

If I can work out how to, I can PM you the website and profile details if you need them.

Thanks in advance.

Praying for your success - and if it is God's will, amen.

Ok let me look at this through a Christians point of view and let me get this straight. You can pray and suffer however much you can but in the end its Gods will? am I correct?

So prayer is useless then if everything is God will because we can not interfear with his plan that is already set but that brings questions now.If that is the case then we were destined to hell right from the begining we opened our hearts and prayed and we recieved nothing ever. God knew what it would take me and many other people to keep their belief in God. I had tears in my eyes when I was prayed for him to reveal himself just answer one prayer. He was silent still....

I suffered for a while and then something happend...I wanted to know something "maybe I was on the wrong side" Then Dr. Dobison did the spongebob is gay scandal. When he did that something inside me snapped like fire. I said to myself "ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!" There is lots of other things I started to notice such as hypocracy and all the hate towards gays. HATE!!!! I went on google and I typed in Church hypocracy and I found a website that changed everything from that day on www.evilbible.com

Now lets say the prayer got answered would I still be a Christian?

We will never know but lets look at this from your point of view. Its Gods will to let us go and burn in hell and suffer all eternity. Why were the prayers unanswered if he knew the outcome.

Does that even bother you one bit?

Another hard fact eh? And how would you describe your good self? Snotless? Just because you have no religion now you are licensed to cast stones at others?

I wouldn't describe myself as "snotless" as I can have my moments, but usually my flaws aren't as bad as I think - at least according to those who love me. I know I have far superior moral fiber than your god is said to have.

My insight into it gives me the right to play the role of Accuser.

Much like you and other Xians have the right to "case stones" because you follow the One True Faith™, unlike us ignorant heathens?

Besides, who said that I have no religion? What proof do you cite for that? Being non-xian doesn't mean one has no religion at all.

I do not expect any thing. I already admitted i do not know why God does not answer prayers. But i do know God is not a wish machine. He may have promised you He'll answer but He did not say how or when or why. To you some of the answers may be cruel but to Him it could be for your own good. Who knows? But why are you bothered anyway?

God is a wish machine, according to Matthew 21:21-22, Matthew 7:7-8, Matthew 18:19-20, Mark 11:24-25, Luke 11:9-13, John 14:13-14, John 15:7, John 15:16, and John 16:23-24. There are no stipulations given or implied, other than Xian belief, to these promises. They clearly indicate an immeidate answer therefore, because if such a promise is made and not clarified, logic dictates that the party who made the promise intends to carry it out as soon as possible. To say that God does it in his own time is just making excuses to explain why the plain text fo the Babble (the text your almighty god allowed it to be recorded and translated into, btw) say something other than what it clearly says.

No god with your god's characteristics would just do something "for my own good" and expect me to figure it out - he'd know that it would confuse me and either do something different or show up to explain what happened. Unlike the handy loopholes inserted into the Babble by its authors, people like me would believe if we saw God appear face-to-face; with the kind of faith I had, all I'd have needed was a visit by Jebus and I'd have been doing happy cartwheels for the rest of my life. But since a supposedly "all-knowing" god doesn't know enough to do this simple thing that a "mere mortal" like myself has thought of, then said god must not exist.

Especially if answered prayers are for the greater glory of God, it makes even less sense to posit that he chooses not to answer some prayers, or else chooses to answer them in a way that he ought to know will confuse people, some of them so much that they will end up leaving Xianity. Answering prayers immediately, according to the promises given in the plain text of the cited verses, would logically only serve to heighten and strengthen people's belief in your god, so the fact that he does not do it suggests he doesn't really exist. Gotta love Occam's Razor.

I submit that "answered prayers" are really just a result of magic, and I define magic as the ritualized concentration and projection of one's will towards a specific goal. You can claim you have had prayers answered, but so can Orthodox Jews, Mooselims, Hindus, Wiccans, Asatruar, Native American Pagans, Yorubists, Satanists, and so on. Every religion that has a form of ritual geared towards the fulfillment of one's desires or needs (be it prayer or magic or what have you) has had many, many followers claim that they've gotten their desires and needs answered in ways that are otherwise inexplicable. But, especially given the nature of some gods and religions (ie, those which forbid the existence of other religions and whose gods surely wouldn't answer the petitions of those who follow outlawed religions), it makes more sense to conclude that, possibly, the one doing the praying or working the magic is the one bringing about the end result. Be it prayer or magic, it all revolves around the ritualized concentration and projection of the human will in a way that works best for the individual. This also would allow for why some prayers/spells/whatever are answered and some are not, since if magic is possible and does work this way, then clearly it depends as much on human skill as much as any other complicated skill, like archery or flying an airplane, and mistakes and faulty practice or follow-through can and do occur.

But that's still just a theory, and it may indeed be simpler to say that wishing for something, be it in prayer or magic, ain't going to get you nothin' but nothin'.

And I am so "bothered" because it highlights a flaw in Xianity. As a critic of Xianity, I seek out the weaknesses in its armor, and this is one of them. It also represents a false promise that leads many people to get their hopes up that your god will answer a prayer in a needed hour, but when it doesn't come to pass, their lives are all the more shattered than if they had accepted the hard truth that there is no God to pray to to begin with.

Real happiness doesn't come from believing in false promises and making excuses for them when they fail in order to perpetuate belief in the face of the truth, but from accepting the truth flat-out. Xianity is not the truth.

Prayer is superstition. Plain and simple.

You want proof? View this brief video.

That's a good video. Provided much insight during my unsure days :)

Answered prayers is just chance. If you didn't pray the same outcome would come of it. You just think back in your mind that the prayer was answered. However what if you didn't pray would the same outcome come of it. The answer to that is yes. Now since you live in place of people of other religions ask them did their prayers get answered to their Gods? They will say yes. You will not believe them because they are other religions but you take the credibilty of your God and say he is the one above everyone else but you totally don't believe in the prayers answred of other religons and Gods. You think it is silly.

Now what is the outcome

Religion A prays to God A

-Prayer either gets answered or doesn't

Example: " God A please let little Billy get better from his cold."

However he gets better because A. He was given medicine and slept and did all that and got well. God did not answer that prayer or even healed him for that matter the medicine did. The Christian says God heals him. That is not the case

The medicine and sleep cured him it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Another Example

Religion B Prays to God B

Prayer- God B Please let me get a parking spot

Conclusion- You know you will eventually get a parking spot. You get one and thank God B.

Now the moral of this Relgion B does not believe in God A. They think its foolish and absurb and Religion A is wrong and believing in a false God. Religon A thinks the same of God B and Religion B. In the end both religions are pointing fingers at each other.

So why would God B of religion B grant prayers perhaps chance is all it is for both religions. You obviousally don't beleive in other religions and think of them as cults. But they pray to whatever a rock, a sheep and their prayers get answered.

Here is the conclusion:

NO PRAYERS ARE GETTING ANSWERED on both sides. If they did that means God is not the only ONE and true God. Because to you the Bible is 100% fact and nothing else. So it can't be wrong to you.

First, he didn't say he prayed too...

Second, he posted it at 9:11am GMT on Jan 14th...

Third, you didn't reply until 5:11am GMT on Jan 16th...

Fourth, he got a reply 16 hours before you replied...

Fifth, unless you want to claim that you spotted it, started praying, then left it for nearly a day before replying to say you were praying... well, it don't make any sense, does it? (especially since you were trying to argue about time zone differences)

So, the only one that's been answered is the one that got answered before anyone prayed for it...

What gets me is you'll take things that happen to people all over the world all the time as proof that prayers work, yet the things that are unlikely and prayed for not happening don't make you doubt it... When did you shut down your brain?

Thanks for doing the math. I do not wish to claim any thing. If you believe prayers (including mine) don't work then it doesn't. Anyway at least he's happy - nobody prayed for it and he got a favourable answer.

I see love and wisdom as inate qualities of existence - as being part of the very fabric of the universe. To me love and wisdom are something humans (and other living beings) participate in. We have access to it and we can open ourselves up to love and wisdom. This is why prayer makes a difference. Prayer - in this sense - does not require blind faith in a supernatural being out in never-never land. Prayer in this sense simply assists a person (or a community - in the case of the young woman I write about) in opening themselves up to loving, compassionate action in the world. It's really quite simple. :shrug:

From your explaination, am i to understand that you pray to... to... yourself? To the love and wisdom within yourself? Please elaborate if i'm mistaken.

We will never know but lets look at this from your point of view. Its Gods will to let us go and burn in hell and suffer all eternity. Why were the prayers unanswered if he knew the outcome.

Does that even bother you one bit?

Are you going to die any time soon? No, right? So you still have hope.

I really don't know where u r coming from. U seem to know God's will even before it's over!

Where does the "does it bother me one bit" fit into all this? I'm confused.

Thanks for doing the math. I do not wish to claim any thing. If you believe prayers (including mine) don't work then it doesn't. Anyway at least he's happy - nobody prayed for it and he got a favourable answer.

You don't want to claim anything? You were damned eager to claim that prayer had been answered, weren't you... up to the point you were trying to argue the time difference meant you HAD prayed for it before he got an answer.

Meh... believe what you want. Believe that God keeps giving you parking spaces while letting people suffer and die. Believe that God will do the easy stuff but refuses to do the hard, good stuff. Keep making excuses for why God looks out for your car...

Believe me, you're not doing him any favours...

Believe you? Riiighhht. Not doing him any favours? And you know for sure because...?

Believe you? Riiighhht. Not doing him any favours? And you know for sure because...?

You're making God look like someone who's only concerned with doing the easy stuff that doesn't really do any good at all, while ignoring the stuff that can really make a difference. (and someone who's making bad stuff happen on purpose...)

Keep it up Pug... you're doing more to deconvert people that you realise.

You're making God look like someone who's only concerned with doing the easy stuff that doesn't really do any good at all,

Excuse me? Are you saying there's a God? Are you saying He can do stuff... eventhough it's easy?

while ignoring the stuff that can really make a difference. (and someone who's making bad stuff happen on purpose...)

Not only is this a moot point, all the stuff that He has done that has made a difference - will you ever know? If He saved one of the youths (which He did) knocked down by a van, would you know? Or believe?

Keep it up Pug... you're doing more to deconvert people that you realise.

Excuse me? Aren't all the people here all de-converted and not into the so-called Christian cult? Please re-start your brain.

From your explaination, am i to understand that you pray to... to... yourself? To the love and wisdom within yourself? Please elaborate if i'm mistaken.

To simplify - for me (and many other Christians):

• Love and Wisdom are inate qualities of existence.
  • Love and Wisdom are within the very fabric of LIVING and SELF-AWARE UNIVERSE.
  • Since these qualities are part of the very fabric of existence - all humans have access to these things (just as we have access to the air we breath - even more so - for I can go underneath water - or into space and rob myself of the amount of oxygen I need to live. But LOVE and WISDOM are universally present within all, through all and beyond/before/first cause of all.
  • When I pray - and other Christians like myself - I am not praying to myself. "Myself" is merely part of existence. I am NOT praying to some capricious, anthropomorphistic being unaccesseable in the far reaches of the universe - that being does not exist. I am NOT praying TO any THING, BEING separate from myself. I AM simply acknowledging the presence of a SACRED and SELF-AWARE LOVE and WISDOM within ALL, through ALL, beyond/before/first cause of ALL.
  • I can't pray TO this Divine presence because the would imply separatedness from myself and God. There is NO separatedness between ANYTHING and GOD (including little old me). So praying "TO" God would be putting up a wall between myself and God.
  • As I have said before, prayer (for me) opens one up to "God as God IS". NOT as we define or "create" or "image" God - but simply allows the heart and mind and soul to be present in infinite LOVE and WISDOM.

Excuse me? Are you saying there's a God? Are you saying He can do stuff... eventhough it's easy?
Not heard of a assuming something for the sake of a debate, have you?
Not only is this a moot point, all the stuff that He has done that has made a difference - will you ever know? If He saved one of the youths (which He did) knocked down by a van, would you know? Or believe?
Only if you believe he exists... and going by your claims, the only stuff he does is find you a parking space. Yeah, that really makes a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things...
Excuse me? Aren't all the people here all de-converted and not into the so-called Christian cult? Please re-start your brain.

Are you deconverted? No?

Then it's pretty obvious that it's not a moot point and exactly who should be restarting their brain...