Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

Heya Pug,

Ugh, Creation vs. Evolution... no.... no... <buries that dead horse miles deep>

Anyway, back on topic. Yes, precisely - what happened to other people isn't a match to my own situation and wouldn't supply reasons for what's happened (or not happened, I should say), myself getting the short end of the blessing stick doesn't solve any problems, because then we're still left with "why?" in light of the "God is not a respecter of persons" so he shouldn't be playing favorites/un-favorites. I prayed for a long time and had many other devout Christians praying for me, including some expressly requesting for me to have a vision, but no result. And "better plan" would logically NOT consist of me reluctantly concluding the Christian god does not exist, assuming the Christian god is real, as he claims to want EVERYONE to know him and be saved. So I think you can see why me and those close to me who are Christians and know about my situation are utterly puzzled. :scratch:

And perhaps you can get a glimmer of why I felt hurt and betrayed when I had only silence in response to my prayers. "Eli, eli lemma sabachthani" indeed.

I don't totally rule out any possibility of the supernatural/divine, because I can't possibly know everything with perfect certainty, and I am aware of some things that could reasonably be interpreted to support the existence of some spiritual power. But at some point you just have to make a decision with what information and experience you do have, and currently that data leads me to the result of no personal god. Theoretically, I think the case may be a little better for a noninterventionist, immanent pantheistic type of Divine spirit, though that's an inherently slippery concept. Still chewing on that tough nut.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heya Blue S,

But at some point you just have to make a decision with what information and experience you do have, and currently that data leads me to the result of no personal god.

Theoretically, I think the case may be a little better for a noninterventionist, immanent pantheistic type of Divine spirit, though that's an inherently slippery concept. Still chewing on that tough nut.

I'm beginning to think God plays favourites! I think it's equally hard for the blessed and "un-blessed" to re-act. One fellow gets answered and the other SILENCE, sometimes for years. Jump for joy when you do receive blessings and it'll seem like gloating. Plus, how to explain to the sometimes even more deserving un-blessed person.

Hey check out the christmasssy ambience. Have a merry one k?

Dear all, have a happy errr... holiday...

I'm beginning to think God plays favourites!
Then you need to redefine your understanding of God. :)

I'm beginning to think God plays favourites!

That's sure how the Babble depicts it :Wendywhatever:

I'm beginning to think God plays favourites! I think it's equally hard for the blessed and "un-blessed" to re-act. One fellow gets answered and the other SILENCE, sometimes for years. Jump for joy when you do receive blessings and it'll seem like gloating. Plus, how to explain to the sometimes even more deserving un-blessed person.

Hey check out the christmasssy ambience. Have a merry one k?

Dear all, have a happy errr... holiday...

My other post was sarcastic earlier but now I am here to depict this word for word. First of all God does indeed play favorites religous or not. He still plays favorites thats why a billion people are going to hell because of favoritism. Thats why God let 1,000's of people die on September11th am I correct?

Now you can say un blessed however we used to be Christian sinciere believers. I prayed and I did my part. Did God answer my prayers? Not one was ever answered. Also since you are a Christian the game should work because in the Bible forgot what book and stuff but it says "all prayers will be answered." I know a lot people on here prayed and God did nothing, I even gave more chances than he deserved at the end of my Christian beliefs.

I bet in the Holocaust Jews were praying but you know what happend to them. I bet Hurricane Katrina people were praying look what happend to the whole town and people trapped in attics.

If God plays favorites then its not a fair game and God is just, loving, a lovable puppy you make him out to be. Why did I say if look in the Bible favortism is the whole point of Christianity.

If God plays favorites then its not a fair game and God is just, loving, a lovable puppy you make him out to be. Why did I say if look in the Bible favortism is the whole point of Christianity.

Nope. God is not a lovable puppy. :thanks:

He promises to answer prayers yet He doesn't. Or only chooses to answer sometimes or He plays favourites. There are many alternatives to this unfair game. I'm sure you already know them.

Pug is begining to see the light (the other light). You are begining to see God must be a liar. But in your mind everything you have been told of God you are questioning what is the true intention of God? The Domino affect is begining in your mind continue and pursue these questions lurking in your mind. You may soon have the "Ex Christians unite" logo by your name but here is more questions for you.

Why didn't God save everyone in Hurricane Katrina? That Prayed

Why didn't God save the seven kids in a firey car wreck going to church?

Why didn't God heal someone from cancer when I prayer?

Why did God allow the WTC to collaspe on people? I sure bet people were praying?

I know exactly why none of these prayers got answered it is because God does not exsist at all. Here is a task for you , some homework. To prove God does not exsist and prayer is useless. Get a coin and Pray to Allah (since you don't believe in Allah or Islam) pray that it will be heads EVERY TIME. You will see that obviousally did not work. So God, Christ the Lord is all powerful he is the God you believe in. Now pray and ask for the same thing pray to get heads again EVERY TIME. It will fail and it makes no difference who you pray to it does not work.

My final test before ditching Christianity was praying to god to help me with something then praying to a brick. There was no difference between god and the brick except I could see and touch the brick.

My final test before ditching Christianity was praying to god to help me with something then praying to a brick. There was no difference between god and the brick except I could see and touch the brick.

You know... i used to pray to a brick! Well not a brick but a deity made of clay. And nothing happened.

Now i pray to God and sometimes i get help - something actually happens. A bit of difference.

As an experiment, why don't you pray to the brick for all the bad things to happen - if that happens then you'll have a new Brick God. You can see and touch it and it can make things happen. Then, as a final final test, pray to God for all good things to happen. If that happens, then, nahhh... co-incidence.

Okay apologies, stupid idea. Only when you can see and touch, NOT by faith, will you believe that there is a God. Okay carry on.

Yo 'Ramen666' how ya doing?

Since I'm not God, here are my human, speculative answers to:

Why didn't God save everyone in Hurricane Katrina? That Prayed

(1) There are many answers: Depending on how "save" is defined. Plus, it depends on which God they prayed to. They all got their answers. One got re-incarnated to a better life and be reborn into better circumstances. Another got to go and meet 99 virgins. Another got to meet his/her maker. So their God is actually giving them a good break - no need to suffer until their expiry date. Then again, some may have to go to that fiery place. So pray at your own risk, you may just get what you wished for... or not, you'll be answered the opposite!?

Why didn't God save the seven kids in a firey car wreck going to church?

(2) If you define "save" in human terms, ooh bad cruel God. Again, how can anyone know, for sure, they are now even safer? Last week, I heard the testimony of a man who got saved in a car crash. He was 24 then, on his second job, bright future ahead. He was wheel chair bound after the accident. That was 18 years ago. He became a born again Christian after 8 years in the wheel chair. (A pastor brought him to church - how the pastor did that was also another miraculous story.) He now composes songs!! Will you choose this suffering or be stone dead? Or be angry at God? Or be convinced there's no god?

Why didn't God heal someone from cancer when I prayer?

(3) Maybe He knows that the cancer will occur again and that someone will suffer even more? Maybe. Why didn't you pray for god's will to be done instead? Whatever the outcome will then be still good (please take the "good" in a benevolent sense).

Why did God allow the WTC to collaspe on people? I sure bet people were praying?

(4) Refer to answer (1).

I know exactly why none of these prayers got answered it is because God does not exsist at all. Here is a task for you , some homework. To prove God does not exsist and prayer is useless. Get a coin and Pray to Allah (since you don't believe in Allah or Islam) pray that it will be heads EVERY TIME. You will see that obviousally did not work. So God, Christ the Lord is all powerful he is the God you believe in. Now pray and ask for the same thing pray to get heads again EVERY TIME. It will fail and it makes no difference who you pray to it does not work.

Hallo. If you were exactly God, would you answer such a selfless prayer from your non-believing son? But let's say, if you are God, and actually do make it happen for your own sick amusement, what will it prove? Not only will you freak him out - (1) he may start worshiping the coin; (2) ask for better stuff/proof - like winning the lottery; (3) convince others that he is actually god since he can now summon God to do any thing he wishes;

I sincerely believe that, the proof has to happen to you for you to be convinced your prayers do sometimes work. Yes, sometimes. He knows just when to answer your need(s). I can tell you this because I'm a very sceptical person, even more than you. I keep testing Him. So far, and most times I think He ignores me like a spoilt brat that I am... then, wham, He favours me with a spectacular minor miracle and i ... still go ahhhh co-incidence. The "co-incidence" part I learn from here.

But i still keep up the prayers. BTW, i've been like jobless for 8+ weeks now. All the prayers? Nada. Nothing. NOT the right job yet i guess. The bills still a-coming. Why is God forsaking me? Maybe I should flip the coin to choose another God?

Nice pressent for Christmas huh? God be praised. This is good.

(1) There are many answers: Depending on how "save" is defined. Plus, it depends on which God they prayed to. They all got their answers. One got re-incarnated to a better life and be reborn into better circumstances. Another got to go and meet 99 virgins. Another got to meet his/her maker. So their God is actually giving them a good break - no need to suffer until their expiry date. Then again, some may have to go to that fiery place. So pray at your own risk, you may just get what you wished for... or not, you'll be answered the opposite!?

I think you know what save I mean. Not starve to death and die slowly. However you saying this it depends on what God you are praying to. Really? That was a shot in the foot at your religion and God being the only true God like he claims.

(2) If you define "save" in human terms, ooh bad cruel God. Again, how can anyone know, for sure, they are now even safer? Last week, I heard the testimony of a man who got saved in a car crash. He was 24 then, on his second job, bright future ahead. He was wheel chair bound after the accident. That was 18 years ago. He became a born again Christian after 8 years in the wheel chair. (A pastor brought him to church - how the pastor did that was also another miraculous story.) He now composes songs!! Will you choose this suffering or be stone dead? Or be angry at God? Or be convinced there's no god?

Wow you must not have heard this story. The car crashed under neath a trailer of a truck and caught on fire. The man driving in the truck heard the screams as the 7 kids were burning to death. They were not any other religion they were Christian going to church. I don't care about that other guy who was in a car crash that is not the point. That is the same thing is Hurricane Katrina. " I am God saved ME." Forget everyone else while they are suffering it is selfishness. What about this case? You went off this subject it is a miraclous story but what about the other people? That is not God, that is just dumb luck he surrvived. He did it on his own to do music not God.

(4) Refer to answer (1).

Ok what about the familys that are suffering it is not just the death of these people. It spreads throughout the familys, the kids with no parents.

Hallo. If you were exactly God, would you answer such a selfless prayer from your non-believing son? But let's say, if you are God, and actually do make it happen for your own sick amusement, what will it prove? Not only will you freak him out - (1) he may start worshiping the coin; (2) ask for better stuff/proof - like winning the lottery; (3) convince others that he is actually god since he can now summon God to do any thing he wishes;

I sincerely believe that, the proof has to happen to you for you to be convinced your prayers do sometimes work. Yes, sometimes. He knows just when to answer your need(s). I can tell you this because I'm a very sceptical person, even more than you. I keep testing Him. So far, and most times I think He ignores me like a spoilt brat that I am... then, wham, He favours me with a spectacular minor miracle and i ... still go ahhhh co-incidence. The "co-incidence" part I learn from here.

But i still keep up the prayers. BTW, i've been like jobless for 8+ weeks now. All the prayers? Nada. Nothing. NOT the right job yet i guess. The bills still a-coming. Why is God forsaking me? Maybe I should flip the coin to choose another God?

Selfless prayers? I am just proving a point here. I prayed longer than God had deserved. I gave him more chances the selfless prayers is I am just proving a point that God is not there. The success rate of a prayer is .001%. Since we are the subject of prayer I will give you a link to a couple of sites it explains why prayer sounds convincing. Take a good glimpse over other things you may learn something.

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/god5.htm

Explore this website I have to say it is real interesting. Knowlege never hurt anyone so check this out.

Here the verse that prayer is said to work.

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

There is no prayer to big and to little according to the Bible. So whats wrongI am sorry you are jobless but if you get a job. It is not because of God it because you are trying hard to get one. Allow God to screw you over and let your suffer.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Hey Ramen,

Yes, I'm quite familiar with

http://www.whydoesgodhateamputees.com/god5.htm Interesting!

Thanks for wishing me luck. Every little bit will help. It's working already - I'm currently working on a freelance video presentation (ok it's one-off but still paying work).

Re: the kiddy christians - errr, ummm... only can say there are a lot of these "why God let them suffer..." stories. To comment is to shoot my foot, no both feet. So me zip up. On the other hand, there are also many "God's miracle" stories. So... if your heart has not grown too hard... why not give it another shot? Yr "enough" chances to God may just not be enough (I guess?).

[bTW who are you say what is enough? Ha Ha kidding]

Merry Christmas (His birthday is supposed to be in September, 5-6 BC? i think) Anyway have a merry time!

"...all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours."

That verse is so neat it can, at first, convince/convert any body. That's the beauty of this verse, ask and you shall receive. IMO, the "fine print" to it is: it does not state when!! And how your prayer will be answered! It may already be in front of yr nose and you'll think it was a curse!! You may even get exactly what you prayed for - but for a lot of ppl it will only be brushed off as co-incidence. Or, dang it I want to grow back my right arm, not make my left one perform twice as well, hey you promised.

Count your blessings. :wicked:

"...all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours."

That verse is so neat it can, at first, convince/convert any body. That's the beauty of this verse, ask and you shall receive. IMO, the "fine print" to it is: it does not state when!! And how your prayer will be answered!

No, it does imply that one will have an immediate answer, and will receive precisely what one prayed for. Otherwise, an all-loving and all-knowing god would have certainly included clear language to state otherwise. As the verse reads, True Believers™ will get whatever they ask for in prayer - period.

Word mean things, and the words in that verse have an obvious meaning. Otherwise, if your god actually wanted that verse to say what it clearly does, he's not all-loving or all-knowing.

It's one of many reasons why I do not believe. Promises are offered which believers, like me, have tried to cash in on, and yet nothing. If your god existed and was as all-powerful and all-good as you claim, I'd have had my brother and sister, not a grave to go to and wonder why.

Good luck with the job hunt - I'm going for an interview today. But it won't be Da Lard who gets it for you or I - that's between us and our potential employers.

John 14:

12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

According to this, as well as the verses quoted previously, you can ask for anything (including an immediate answer) and he will do it for you. No fine print. No qualifiers.

Dan

John 14:

12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

According to this, as well as the verses quoted previously, you can ask for anything (including an immediate answer) and he will do it for you. No fine print. No qualifiers.

Dan

Yo, Dan. Yes, ask for anything.

Some minor QUALIFIERS:

> It does not include/guarantee an immediate answer.

> Yes, anything, if it shall bring glory to God (unlike asking for heads everytime in a coin flip).

> Will only be given, if you have faith in Him (do you?)*

My bottom line is this: how, in heaven's name, do you know you have not been answered? To you, it's not answered, because it is not exactly what you want. Your answer could even be after a period of trials and tribulations.

*if you do not have faith, don't be too concerned. i had to wait 49 years for Him to find me - yep i'm an ancient human being.

> Yes, anything, if it shall bring glory to God (unlike asking for heads everytime in a coin flip).

I'll let Dan address all of your points, Pug ... after all you responded to him. But... I can't resist... this one little point ....

SO.... does praying for parking spaces "bring Glory to God"???? :wicked:

Some minor QUALIFIERS:

> It does not include/guarantee an immediate answer.

> Will only be given, if you have faith in Him (do you?)*

Many christians of great faith are suffering horribly right now. And praying for relief. An unmistakably supernatural remedy would bring glory to YHWH (jesus). It could even make believers out of skeptics!

Gotta go. Benny Hinn's on....

PS-Good one O_M!

hehe...only if they get out of the car with a fistfull of chick tracks. :)

hehe...only if they get out of the car with a fistfull of chick tracks. :)
:lmao:

ILWYT ;)

Many christians of great faith are suffering horribly right now. And praying for relief. An unmistakably supernatural remedy would bring glory to YHWH (jesus). It could even make believers out of skeptics!

Gotta go. Benny Hinn's on....

PS-Good one O_M!

That is EXACTLY what I mean. If God cannot even help Christians of great faith why would he help someone loosing faith that he KNOWS will burn in hell for all eternity if he would respond they would believe. But he LETS THEM LOOSE FAITH and will the BURN IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY.

However in reality he lets children burn to death and suffer in car crashes, lets priests have buttsecs with little boys. Men like Teg Haggard are out preaching it just makes me laugh.Also priests who are suppose to be teaching about God. But those little boys how many will loose their faith. :scratch: because of those incidents

GOD CANNOT DO SHIT that is the point I making because he is in your mind. It is not real as the tooth fairy, santa, the giant magical unicorn.

SO.... does praying for parking spaces "bring Glory to God"?

Hi OM, Of course it doesn't. Praying for parking spaces is a totally selfish act. That... it is granted is, err... depends on what you wish to have faith in. It can only be: 1.Co-incidence 2.A testimony that God can do shit when He feels like it.

Every good christian should pray for world peace. Or for some lost sheep to return to His flock. Or for faith. Or pray for other fellow creatures' well being. Or for some such selfless stuff. Please do not pray for stuff that will fulfill your immediate/future need(s).

Duh... once, I even prayed for the rain to stop cos I had to... oh never mind. Thanks to you selfless lot, I have learned to... ummm... oh never mind have a merry, merry Christmas y'all.

I prayed desperatly for god to give me my faith and show me truth when I was falling away. Well, I dont belive in gods any more. Did your god answer my prayer by giving me disbelief?

SO.... does praying for parking spaces "bring Glory to God"?
Hi OM, Of course it doesn't. Praying for parking spaces is a totally selfish act. That... it is granted is, err... depends on what you wish to have faith in. It can only be: 1.Co-incidence 2.A testimony that God can do shit when He feels like it.
Hello Pug :)

Where to start ... "a testimony that God can do shit when He feels like it". I don't know if you're serious or not. If you are - that's the dumbest thing I ever heard. :shrug:

I mean seriously - let's recall all the "good Christians" who pray and never get answers to things like the hurricanes and Tsunamis killing off hundreds of thousands of people. And God chooses to open a parking space because He can "do shit when He feels like it". And this is an omnipotent, all-loving God????

If you're serious, Pug - I feel sorry for you. Believing in the kind of God who would let thousands die and then open a parking space because "He feels like it". What a horrid tyrant of a god. :(

Every good christian should pray for world peace. Or for some lost sheep to return to His flock. Or for faith. Or pray for other fellow creatures' well being. Or for some such selfless stuff. Please do not pray for stuff that will fulfill your immediate/future need(s).
For what it's worth - Pug - I don't pray for stuff that will fulfill selfish whims. For what it's worth - back in this thread quite a ways - we all ready discussed the way I pray:

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?s=&a...st&p=121865

Actually the date I wrote the following was Dec 21 2005, 09:26 AM - a year ago.....

3rdly - I'd suggest looking at your current understanding of prayer in more depth. Try looking at prayer as a process of inner change within you, your soul. A process of opening you up to the God that is always present in and through and beyond all of reality. Prayer does not change God, Pug. God just is. Prayer changes you. Einstein said once, "God does not play dice with the universe". God doesn't play favorites, either Pug. God just is, the way the universe just is, or the way atomic matter just is, or the way love just is. Love changes you, but you cannot change love - it simply is.....

And now - after a long absence you're back - I'm hoping you grew up a little bit - the following tells me you have....

Duh... once, I even prayed for the rain to stop cos I had to... oh never mind. Thanks to you selfless lot, I have learned to... ummm... oh never mind have a merry, merry Christmas y'all.

You're probably not praying for parking spaces or the rain to stop anymore..... But something tells me that you still think you're personal pleading is going to change a super sky Daddy's mind and that He will point his finger at you to help you - regardless of all the other well deserving solicitors that he rejects.... because "God can do shit when He feels like it". :shrug:

As I said - if you're serious - I do feel sorry for you. What a horrid understanding of God, capricious and a tyrant - anything but all-loving. :(

Every good christian should pray for world peace.

No. What every good christain should pray for is "Thy will be done". Anything else is the equivalent of asking god to change his perfect, preordained, plan for the universe. Shame on you Pug for trying to corrupt the good word...

:Wendywhatever: