Goodbye Jesus

Get Your Prayers Answered Now!!!

Fweethawt

Eeek we are still on this? Good. Just goes to show that... nah... yeah maybe... :lmao:

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Lycorth

• Open_Minded

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eeek we are still on this? Good. Just goes to show that... nah... yeah maybe... :lmao:

So.... Pug.... had any prayers answered lately.... :wicked:

Parking stalls and traffic signals still coming your way by divine intervention?????

DVD drive still ain't working, either :HaHa:

Pug,

Have you tried praying to the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Since becoming a Pastafarian, I have had EVERY SINGLE prayer answered.

I prayed to FSM to make my day better....AND IT HAPPENED!

I prayed to FSM to make my headache go away...I took some Advil, AND IT HAPPENED!

I prayed to FSM to help you wake up...I think he is working on it.

In his name,

Ramen

I found out that thinking positive has the same effect! Woot!!!

When I hope for a parking space close up...it happens!

When I was struck with RA and I changed my eating habits and used positive thinking with meditation...I healed!

When I'm having a "bad day" and decide in my mind that I'm going to have a good day...it happens

There are many more testimonies I have for the effects of positive thinking but to whom do I give the credit?????? Well, me of course! :-)

duh... i get it... no God, so why pray?

anyhoo... I prayed for your mocking to stop... it didn't happen

parking places... now? just happens... unless when really, really i need one... then a sincere prayer later, it opens up right in front of me... AND i'm not questioning that... that's blessing enough...

when will i ever ever wake up?

don't i realise all these happenings are just mere co-incidences (?!?)

ok seriously, other prayer requests may take longer... (see above prayer request)

anyhoo... I prayed for your mocking to stop... it didn't happen

Jebus said he'd answer all prayers offered in his name. I'm sure you prayed in proper Xian format, therefore. But the mockery continues. So, either Jebus doesn't care that people are mocking him and his "hotline to heaven" and that he promised in the Babble to answer all prayers offered in his name, or else he doesn't exist to hear you in the first place.

parking places... now? just happens... unless when really, really i need one... then a sincere prayer later, it opens up right in front of me... AND i'm not questioning that... that's blessing enough...

And Jubilant reports the ability to gain parking spots just by thinking positively. She's as anti-xianity as they come, so we can be sure she's not praying for parking spots. She's just focusing and directing her will towards a specific goal, just like Xians do when they pray (even though Xians are told they're trying to appease an omnigod instead).

In essense, Jubliant, through positive thinking (ie, focusing and directing her will), and you through fervent and honest prayer (the same thing) are practicing what a LaVeyan Satanist (and most ceremonial magicians, I believe) would call the fundamentals of magic. By such people, magic is though to be basically nothing more than concentrating on a specific goal, summoning up the necessary emotional and adrenal energy, and directing all that towards your heart's desire. An imperfect system, since it relies muchly on skill and ability, but it's a far more logical explanation than Xian prayer, which states you beg an all-loving and all-powerful god for something and hope that he even cares to listen, much less grant your request.

At least that's my theory.

In essense, Jubliant, through positive thinking (ie, focusing and directing her will), and you through fervent and honest prayer (the same thing) are practicing what a LaVeyan Satanist (and most ceremonial magicians, I believe) would call the fundamentals of magic. By such people, magic is though to be basically nothing more than concentrating on a specific goal, summoning up the necessary emotional and adrenal energy, and directing all that towards your heart's desire. An imperfect system, since it relies muchly on skill and ability, but it's a far more logical explanation than Xian prayer, which states you beg an all-loving and all-powerful god for something and hope that he even cares to listen, much less grant your request.

At least that's my theory.

Or maybe its the time of day I go to the store? :grin: LOL Seriously, numerous times when a parking lot is full someone just "happens" to be pulling out of a good space and to be honest, many times they are so close that I purposely pass it by thinking that perhaps another person needs it more.

I have a request. Last month my husband had an accident and had part of his middle finger amputated. He really liked his finger just the way it was. I request that it be restored to it's previous condition. He is unable to work (it still smarts a bit), and the doctor hasn't released him. We need his income to help support our family.

Thanks mate!

Everyone in my initial prayer request is still fucked up. :shrug:

Also, recently, it has been brought to my attention that I have a problem with my liver that the doctor doesn't recognize. :Hmm:

Keep goin', Pug. I need some fuckin' results here, okay? :shrug:

I'd like to see everyone else on my list get taken care of first though... If that's not too big of a problem, of course. :Hmm:

Yeah...except it's no blessing to the handicapped person you just stole the place from. :grin:

:Doh:

IF you have been a christian before, please re-aquaint yourself with the reasons why your prayers have not been answered here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-dml/dml-y002.html

And here are 2,840,000 more:

http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&...wered&meta=

:Doh: BTW, I do NOT park in handicapped-reserved space(s)... dohh, if i do i'm sure no more will co-incidentally open up for me in future LOL; that's my "theory" anyway.

I respectfully suggest you sincerely pray (or think positive or whatever floats your boat) for yourself. If you wish to have answered prayers, you'll have to, you know, believe in Him. You see if i take your prayer requests and you do not believe, well, what is in it for Him, jealous God and all He is?

So please, just carry on with whatever you think will work for you. Prayer requests for selected members only k?

:thanks:

Pug, I'm intimately familiar with the list of reasons given on the christiananswers.com website - I spent 2 years trying to make sure each and every one wasn't getting in the way of receiving positive responses to the prayers I desperately needed answered. Most of those prayers were for wisdom and faith - y'know, the stuff that God promises he will ALWAYS grant. I pleaded with Him to remember His promises to save those who called to Him, to grant wisdom, to fulfill the Beatitudes ("Blessed are the poor in spirit..." etc.) for someone who felt terror at the prospect of the death of faith. My last prayer was 5 months ago - it was for truth and wisdom.

Now I'm here.

Make of that what you will, Pug. :shrug:

Holy crap I can't believe this thread is still alive. Btw that tree is still there, I see it every day on campus. I got nothing against it really, a good carbon dioxide fighting tree... so maybe god could do like the burning bush and flame it without burning it? Anyhow he doesn' t seem very interested in dropping by to say 'Hey I'm there!' but if he is and cares he know where to find me. :shrug:

I'm familiar with all the standard Xian excuses also.

But they contradict the Word of Gawd, which plainly says that any prayers offered by Xians in the name of Jebus will be answered. Period.

Excuses, excuses :loser::HaHa:

• 2 weeks later...

My last prayer was 5 months ago - it was for truth and wisdom.

Now I'm here.

Make of that what you will, Pug. :shrug:

sorry your prayer for truth and wisdom has not been answered yet...

here are some more solid proofs why it won't be answered in a hurry...

http://godisimaginary.com/video.htm

...are you convinced? will u continue praying?

Pug...Pug...Pug

I pray God will get shot down by the United States airforce.

I want you to pray and ask God how hard did he fuck Mary.

I want you to pray and know how big his dick is , it obviousally isn't a 10 incher.

sorry your prayer for truth and wisdom has not been answered yet...

here are some more solid proofs why it won't be answered in a hurry...

http://godisimaginary.com/video.htm

...are you convinced? will u continue praying?

I took a few minutes after reading your post before responding to it, Pug, to make sure I understood exactly your tone and underlying point - my initial perception was that you were mocking me. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt however and assume that we're merely struggling with the difficulties inherent in speaking through mute text.

I'm familiar with the godisimaginary.com site, though the videos are new. So I watched the one you linked to. He makes some fairly good points and does it with less acid than some. However, things like his website and videos aren't earth-shattering ironclad proofs (or dis-proofs?) of course. My own testing and experience have matched up with the assertion that prayer is ineffective, against all my wishes - any bias would have been in FAVOR of viewing a prayer as answered. But they couldn't be. When a god fails to respond to pleas for communication and help (in a way that a finite being like me could understand - a speaker must always communicate in a way the target audience can comprehend, or else his/her efforts are futile), what am I supposed to do, Pug? How long am I supposed to hang in the lurch, begging for even simple comfort from a god that explicitly promises aid?

I've waited over 2 years.

Even Job wasn't asked to do more than that.

So, no, Pug, I won't keep praying. If the thousands of prayers I've already made aren't enough, then there's nothing more this mere mortal can do.

Incidentally, you may want to pick a different video next time, one that doesn't reference cancer or protecting soldiers. I just found out in these past few weeks that my elderly grandfather is undergoing chemotherapy for cancer, and that my brother (an infantryman in the Army) was told he's going back to Iraq for a second tour of duty starting this spring at the latest.

:Doh:

IF you have been a christian before, please re-aquaint yourself with the reasons why your prayers have not been answered here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-dml/dml-y002.html

And here are 2,840,000 more:

http://www.google.com.my/search?hl=en&...wered&meta=

:Doh: BTW, I do NOT park in handicapped-reserved space(s)... dohh, if i do i'm sure no more will co-incidentally open up for me in future LOL; that's my "theory" anyway.

I respectfully suggest you sincerely pray (or think positive or whatever floats your boat) for yourself. If you wish to have answered prayers, you'll have to, you know, believe in Him. You see if i take your prayer requests and you do not believe, well, what is in it for Him, jealous God and all He is?

So please, just carry on with whatever you think will work for you. Prayer requests for selected members only k?

:thanks:

OMG. I thought my anger had gone away for the most part. Guess not. You have GOT to kidding me. IF you have been a christian before, please re-aquaint yourself with the reasons why your prayers have not been answered here: ??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Um yeah. Okay.

This is something I have definitely noticed since deconverting - there is no difference. Prayer or not, no difference! NONE! I mean, as a Christian, you pray and God either answers a prayer "Yes" or "No". And you don't see a problem with this?! LOL! And if I pray to my cat, whatever I'm praying for will also either happen or not happen.

ARGH!!!!

Or maybe if I prayed to my own pug...she is wise. And cute, with the smushy little face and all. :D

• 2 weeks later...

:woohoo:

you may just get some other answers from what you prayed for...

princess,

:grin:

Have faith...

pugster..

In desperate need of a need kidney, or these I have to somehow, medically never happens, start working, even at a minimal level.

I'll toss a few pre-64 quarters into the Cosmic Jukebox, and I'd love to hear the heavenly hosts singing "daFatman is gonna git fixed, do dah, do dah!"....

Barring that love to hear the nephrologist tell me that this fucking cather in my chest can come out as I won't be needing it anymore..

Hell buds, I won't even bug your diety to heal the amputated right front foot...

kFL

Hey Pug, no response for me? :poke:

Hey BlueScreen,

5 months wait huh? IF I reply that it is not that long a time to wait I will suffer your wrath... of being unkind, unsympathetic.

IF I say you already have been answered, just look closer, listen carefully, you may scream, "How the frack would I know?"

So... the answers: Yes. No. Not time yet. Yes, you'll receive more than you prayed for.

Be patient. Have faith.

Hey Pug, no response for me? :poke:

Hey BlueScreen,

5 months wait huh? IF I reply that it is not that long a time to wait I will suffer your wrath... of being unkind, unsympathetic.

IF I say you already have been answered, just look closer, listen carefully, you may scream, "How the frack would I know?"

So... the answers: Yes. No. Not time yet. Yes, you'll receive more than you prayed for.

Be patient. Have faith.

Hello again Pug. Ah, but you're glossing over the prior 2 years of begging for comfort, wisdom, and faith that I mentioned in my posts... that final one was merely the culmination of the whole quest. No, I wouldn't bite your head off about 5 months not being a tremendously long period of time, because in the grand scheme of things, 5 months is nothing, BUT you must remember the previous multiple years worth of praying. Totality of the circumstances!

Besides, the whole seek and ye will find/knock and the door will be opened bit seems to imply a result happening when the asking person needs it.

Although I'm afraid I would scream if you'd typed out the second... Besides, as I'd said before, the response needed to be something I could understand - gotta speak your audience's language if you want to be understood! (Or does God not want to be understood?) I'm not in the market for reading tea leaves to divine celestial messages...

And I didn't give you a "D. All of the above" option for your answer(s)! :tongue: Sounds a lot like a Magic Eight Ball.

Hmm... have faith? How can I have it if that's what I prayed for and it wasn't given to me? We have a chicken vs. egg problem!

yep BlueScreen,

Indeed we have a chicken vs. egg problem! But please don't go there or we'll sink into the Creationist vs Evolutionist debate.

What we have is... "why, when are you gonna answer damnit" thingy. Ask your fellow Christians and they'll testify to you in many different ways. Hmmm...but that only applied to them. Are they more blessed? And that does not solve any thing does it? Hmmm. Keep praying? Ask others to pray with/for you? Hmmm. Maybe He has a better plan for you? Hmmm.