Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

11150142_988459077833001_692898760185117

This is ironic, because it's true, just not in the way the author means it.

• Like 1

11127607_10153339810062755_4569434998568

You know, something I learned over the years of crushing on fictional characters is that no real human is going to be as fantastic as any 'perfect' fictional character. >,> Not that high expectations are bad, but expecting them to try to find someone who acts the same as a human embodiment of a GOD is setting the bar a biiiitt high. 

'Flaws' are what make us different and interesting, if not a bit frustrating at times

And you know what, my favourite fictional characters have some blatant character flaws that make me love them even more! 

• Like 1

I always find it interesting how the Christian pulls the whole "every challenge given to us leads to a great reward". They can get away with almost anything, because unless the person is going to hell in their opinion, even death is a reward in of itself, because they get to "go to heaven", as it were.

It's a fascinating coping mechanism.

You know, something I learned over the years of crushing on fictional characters is that no real human is going to be as fantastic as any 'perfect' fictional character. >,> Not that high expectations are bad, but expecting them to try to find someone who acts the same as a human embodiment of a GOD is setting the bar a biiiitt high. 

'Flaws' are what make us different and interesting, if not a bit frustrating at times

And you know what, my favourite fictional characters have some blatant character flaws that make me love them even more! 

people tend to forget something, they are not free from the same standard, how about substitute the daughter name and we'll see if the daughter actually live up with the mother's standard

or even better, let's substitute with mother's name and lewt see if she even live with her standard

• Like 1

people tend to forget something, they are not free from the same standard, how about substitute the daughter name and we'll see if the daughter actually live up with the mother's standard

or even better, let's substitute with mother's name and lewt see if she even live with her standard

That actually came up in the FB comments or in the OP's comment about substituting your own name in there to see how you could become 'more like jesus' 

I always find it interesting how the Christian pulls the whole "every challenge given to us leads to a great reward". They can get away with almost anything, because unless the person is going to hell in their opinion, even death is a reward in of itself, because they get to "go to heaven", as it were.

Sounds psychotic, and creepy to me, to be perfectly honest.

Sounds psychotic, and creepy to me, to be perfectly honest.

Oh, it very much is, but it's still interesting.

11110759_833743210025458_640518528425425

Possibly true. After all, amputation is NOT a disease.

• Like 1

Guest Furball

I agree. What christians call flaws or sin, i see as people just being the individuals that they are. The greatest people i ever met in my time so far on earth are atheists who allow their individuality to shine forth for the rest of us to see and admire. You would think that if there really was a god, it's the creative, smart, and fun loving individuals that he would want in heaven with him, not the robotic, boring christians. I guess god loves robots. (he must be into sci-fi big time.)

• Like 1