Goodbye Jesus

Things Fundies Say On Facebook

Brother Jeff

I don't want to post the direct quote so I will paraphrase.

When I started my diet I was reading a lot about nutritional labels and healthy foods, what I should and shouldn't eat. Then one day I was shocked to realize that I had been reading about dieting more than I had been reading my Bible lately! Christians will say we mustn't worship idols, but if you're spending more time worrying about your diet than God then it's like a form of idolatry. Remember these bodies are only temporary vessels for our immortal souls. Try to be healthy, but remember not to sacrifice your spiritual health for bodily health.

I remember back when I was Xtian, there were a few moments here and there where people said something that just stopped me in my tracks and I had to work through how it could be possible....was this religion crazy or was I that awful of a person? I read something really similar to this once. It was about exercising and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. It didn't leave any room for prayer, and thus was wrong and false idolatry. Even then, there was logic inside my brain trying to fight it's way out. It's so awful to think how incredibly brainwashed you have to be to believe nonsense like this so completely. It's depressing.

10308909_10152641169746735_7271133282746

James Dobson, telling xian parents how to behave as morally as the rest of us for 40 years.

Amen. Pun intended.

• Like 1

I don't want to post the direct quote so I will paraphrase.

When I started my diet I was reading a lot about nutritional labels and healthy foods, what I should and shouldn't eat. Then one day I was shocked to realize that I had been reading about dieting more than I had been reading my Bible lately! Christians will say we mustn't worship idols, but if you're spending more time worrying about your diet than God then it's like a form of idolatry. Remember these bodies are only temporary vessels for our immortal souls. Try to be healthy, but remember not to sacrifice your spiritual health for bodily health.

I remember back when I was Xtian, there were a few moments here and there where people said something that just stopped me in my tracks and I had to work through how it could be possible....was this religion crazy or was I that awful of a person? I read something really similar to this once. It was about exercising and trying to live a healthy lifestyle. It didn't leave any room for prayer, and thus was wrong and false idolatry. Even then, there was logic inside my brain trying to fight it's way out. It's so awful to think how incredibly brainwashed you have to be to believe nonsense like this so completely. It's depressing.

Things like this remind me of why it matters what you believe. When people pose Pascal's wager as a good reason to believe in Christianity, I remember how much your priorities can get screwed up when you believe there is a god and that god wants your full devotion. This lady is trying to get healthy but having difficulty with the idea that focusing on her health is taking away time from focusing on what is essentially imaginary nonsense. The priority should be to take care of this temporary earthly body since it's the only one she'll ever have. But instead she's dismissing it because she's going to get a new immortal one in the future if she devotes her studies to the Bible. In her worldview, her worry makes sense.

553380_10150859201052198_2109159036_n.jp

Shared among my FB friends with comments:

"Amen."
"So true!"
and
"Preach it sister!"

"Amen."

"So true!"

and

"Preach it sister!"

Founding fathers and earlier patriots (e.g., Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine) would be turning over in their graves ... were such things not impossible.

• Like 2

Church is home. Church is people. Church is friends. Church is family. You need them. They need you.

If you read this in a slow, creepy voice, and pretend you hear horror movie music behind it, it's awesome!

• Like 2

"Just give it up. Surrender…to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more than what you will ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."

This is from a Mormon, just to give the last line some context.

"Amen."

"So true!"

and

"Preach it sister!"

Founding fathers and earlier patriots (e.g., Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine) would be turning over in their graves ... were such things not impossible.

"Under God" wasn't even added into the Pledge of Allegiance until the 1954. http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2002/06/the_pledge_of_allegiance.html

Mentions how at the United States should align itself with "God" against the atheists leading the Soviet Union.

I actually found this mildly entertaining, if ignorant and misguided.

Well.... at least at the very end those Lutheran Celtic twins fully admited that buybull god is both mean and a jerk.

"Just give it up. Surrender…to Him. Unconditionally. Withhold nothing. Turn it all over to Him; all of your desires, wishes, dreams and hopes. Be true and faithful in your head and in your heart, not just in your behavior. Trust in Him. Trust Him who knows all things. Trust Him who has all power. Trust Him whose love for you is perfect. Trust Him, who alone suffered, paid and atoned for your sins, and for your weaknesses as well. Trust Him that He will make of you, immeasurably more than what you will ever, in all eternity, make of yourself. He will create of you a masterpiece. You will create of you only a smudge. You will create an ordinary man. He will create a God."

This is from a Mormon, just to give the last line some context.

This is exactly why I was depressed and filled with self-hatred as an xtian...because I could never do this and furthermore I didn't WANT to.

22413_10153128935601832_6283869602843457

It's kind of like pretending you understand something in class then when it comes to being tested on it you end up really disappointed. I think a lot of xians would be very disappointed with the amount of hypocrisy, contradictions, violence, hatred and misogyny that their God has committed if they actually read their fucking Bible.

10628618_10153760406274622_3273886450412

That sounds a lot like giving up, doesn't it?

The real Richard Dawkins could handle the arguments of these two, although Carl Sagan would probably do a better job—if he could rise from the dead. (But if he could rise from the dead, that would undercut the whole argument...)

11150311_10153364887407384_8435449534660

glare.gif no.

11168023_10153368015792384_6769393431203

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it - John 14:13

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you - John 15:7

According to these two quotes above, Jesus will grant ANYTHING you want without a thought. But 1 John 5:14 says he does listen to our request prayers, but he will only tune in and grant it if it pleases him? Meaning he doesn't give ANYTHING or WHATEVER you want.

10628618_10153760406274622_3273886450412

...between my legs--Jesus H. Christ bj.gif  

yelrotflmao.gif 

10384592_925396224177638_834802008685691

But mother told me to always be myself so.. but then again I always hear xians saying they want to be more like Jesus.

207ed0aea363a7c4383386bf0075d302.jpg

Really? I beg to differ..

There will be haters, there will be doubters, there will be non-believers, and then there will be you, proving them wrong.

Bless her heart, but she has no idea how gravely she has just insulted me.

207ed0aea363a7c4383386bf0075d302.jpg

Really? I beg to differ..

Sure, if you're talking about detail in the dirt immediately below them...assuming they pray with their eyes open.

• Like 1

tumblr_ng1ogq30DG1qhts2vo1_500.jpg

LMAO THAT'S SO CREEPY

tumblr_ng1ogq30DG1qhts2vo1_500.jpg

LMAO THAT'S SO CREEPY

Isn't this how most horror movies start nowadays?

10379904_2229428730428077_72154231120430

"Type Amen now to claim this prayer!"

If that had ever actually worked I would still believe in him...

• Like 3

"He truly loves us unconditionally and is always hoping for our return to Him...no matter how imperfect we are."

1510653_10206569000373435_36738132129186

This makes me sick now.  I cannot believe I never realized how much this resembles an abusive relationship.  It scares me to see female family members posts these memes; I wonder what they might be putting up with behind closed doors thinking it is love.