Goodbye Jesus

Hi My Name Is Aaron And Im A Christian How Are You Today/nite/morning/afternoon?

Destinyjesus3000

Looks like the Ex C pile-on.

I'm done. Thanks

Don't you owe somebody an apology first? I think you do. Your superior Christian morality is at stake here. You could have at least had the decency to delete the offensive post. And just to spell it out, because I don't think you will get it on your own, you should apologize to Akehia. At this point it wouldn't mean anything because a "morally inferior" atheist like me had to explain it to you. But you should anyway. It would be the moral thing to do.

• Like 2

Yeah, what was all this hollow talk about absolute morality?? Come on.

That's ok Trapped, she can be sure until she's blue in the face if it helps her. Her husband, if she has one, most likely says yes dear, yes dear, whatever you say dear with a trembling gun stuck in his mouth contemplating a better alternative.

Awww.. personal attacks and ghastly imagery. How cute. Why don't you attack my weight, too? Or my looks? Or my sex life? I bet you could really get going on ways to totally discount my opinion and historical expertise without actually having to address the concerns I've raised. You're not doing much to convince me that God isn't a misogynistic bastard, if comments about my relationship with my husband and my womanly attributes are your go-to personal attacks.

But then as they say, the apples don't fall far from the tree. Some morality you have as a spiritual child of the supposedly most-moral-being ever.

@the rest of y'all: I LOVE YOU GUYS. I just made chili and cornbread and you are all invited.

Looks like the Ex C pile-on.

I'm done. Thanks

Yes, yes, that's it. Declare victory and run away quick, before you can really think about anything anybody said to you. Newsflash, End: YOU INSULTED ME. YOU SAID THINGS THAT WERE REALLY BAD. YOU GOT CALLED ON IT. It wasn't a dogpile till you made it one. Again. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good pity-party, any more than you let them get in the way of believing in your made-up Bronze Age storm-god-made-good.

• Like 2

I'm curious on a scale of 1 to 10 how would DestinyJesus rate the moral purity of his fellow believer's words to Akheia, and/or the lack of apology? Wendyshrug.gif All this talk.... talk, talk, talk.... What's that favorite saying End? "Where's the beef?"

I'm curious on a scale of 1 to 10 how would DestinyJesus rate the moral purity of his fellow believer's words to Akheia, and/or the lack of apology? Wendyshrug.gif All this talk.... talk, talk, talk.... What's that favorite saying End? "Where's the beef?"

I wonder too, but he might use a similar excuse I heard from one of our other Christians on this board that DJ is not a True Christian™. Isn't that quite interesting that Christians can doubt the belief of their fellow believers? It's such a nice cop-out. "He wasn't nice, so he wasn't a 'True Christian™'".

How do I contact you, since the new board update or my reinstatement, my personal messenger went away.

Thanks

How do I contact you, since the new board update or my reinstatement, my personal messenger went away.

Thanks

Checking on that....

... Ant ... not in reference to End, but I have a brother EXACTLY like you state. He has a doctorate in Theology ... morals are as HE sees them .... live as I say, not as I do ... apologies are for others ... he has destroyed the relationship with the rest of his christian siblings ... an absolute A .. hole! In fact he was the main reason that I did the "hard yards" which led me to see the truth of christianity! I guess that is something I can thank him for!!

• Like 1

That's ok Trapped, she can be sure until she's blue in the face if it helps her. Her husband, if she has one, most likely says yes dear, yes dear, whatever you say dear with a trembling gun stuck in his mouth contemplating a better alternative.

And the award for Christian Misogynist of the day goes to: end3

• Like 2

Fixed. Try it now.

Yeah, didn't we just have that convo on another thread about people going straight to the c-word when wanting to really strike back at a person who has the unmitigated gall to have both an opinion and a uterus? His insults say more about him than they do about me. All he knows about me is what's in my profile--and it, alas, reveals my gender, so he feels free to strike out at it. I wonder what he would have said had it said I was male. Gone straight for the threats of anal rape in hell like that other True Believer, I guess.

End, I want you to know that you've completely, absolutely obliterated your already-meager arguments. If you even half-believed the bullshit you spout about God being moral and absolute, you would NEVER insult people or act in a non-loving way no matter what the perceived provocation--or you'd risk hell! YOU don't even believe your bullshit. Why should anybody else?

I would certainly appreciate an apology, because what you said really was out of line and I'm not content to let you wiggle out of that like you've wiggled out of every other thing levelled at you, and then we can get back to the fun of nailing your jello feet to the floor to get you to answer straight questions. Until then, adieu. I think I've made my points thoroughly enough that your faith is nothing but a subjective, experiential warm fuzzy just like every other faith in the whole wide world, and therefore entitled to absolutely no more credence than any other religion--less, actually, due to its disproven claims. Adieu.

• Like 1

The God of the Old Testament was amoral. He wasn't looking for moral people. He was looking for obedient people who would worship Him. This amoral God could have softened Pharaoh's heart so that the people would go and then when they wander out in the uninhabited desert God could have turned that uninhabitable desert into a lush paradise. There would be no need to kill any women or babies who already live there if God turned an empty land into paradise. But instead God hardened Pharoah's heart because God's plan was to kill the first born of everybody in Egypt and to commit wholesale genocide in Canaan. Good thing the whole story is fiction. The Hebrews never left Egypt and never wandered in the desert. They made up the story.

No, the story starts out in paradise, remember? And obedience is typically the first step in a process of "understanding".

Understanding can occur without obedience and without fear and without threats.

No, the story starts out in paradise, remember? And obedience is typically the first step in a process of "understanding".

Understanding can occur without obedience and without fear and without threats.

Not for a Christian.

So when is Thumby going to get here to tell us that End3 behaved with high morals and is a beacon of pure Godly goodness only we couldn't see it because without God's Spirit we can't understand spiritual things? She seems to have missed her cue.

• Like 1

Man.... I FEEL LIKE PUTTING A GUN TO MY HEAD....reading end3's posts.

I'd swear he was just a troll if I hadn't had the same discussion, getting the same usual run-around of bullshit after bullshit after bullshit after 'let's make a not really funny/relevent pun here' after bullshit after bullshit line of "reasoning" from those high as fucking FUCK on faithamphetamine.

end3 you should be ashamed of wasting the time of some of these very insightful and intelligent posters. You know in your thick skull already that no one elses experience *backed up by evidence and a genuine, clear, non-fluffy approach* is going to get your head out of your ass.

The crap you spill out for Christianity can be done for any other religion. You also keep saying "it is written" refering to only the bible.... This is how we see you are in a cult mindset; just you're your own leader. That's what all cults do. Make supernatural claims that can't be proven, then pretend they are the humble followers.

And please, for everyone's sake, stop saying we are denying your experience. We know you feel deep and fuzzy wuzzy feelings about your particular god. We know you think you saw him. Or communicate with him somehow. We know you chalk any mystery up to god. They (not me anyway) have known what it's like to actually live believing it was real.

The difference is they all got off the faithamphetamine. end3, you are still tweaking high as balls. They all see exactly what's going through your head.

If all accounts should be considered as attached to the real, what of all the highly spiritual accounts of schizophrenics and others deemed mentally ill? Why don't we listed to them. They truly believe what they say too.

You need to actually learn something about biopsychology. And....well just about everything else you know really nothing about but choose to wash over with your faith wand. Your whole approach is one of ignorance and laziness. Everything comes down to "oh we can't prove this, so that gives me room to claim that" and that's the end of it.... Very intellectually dishonest.

I also made a post on page 5. Reply to that....

yes I realized I just wasted 10 minutes of my life...but whatever I'm about to get hammered anyway

• Like 5

Yeah, didn't we just have that convo on another thread about people going straight to the c-word when wanting to really strike back at a person who has the unmitigated gall to have both an opinion and a uterus? His insults say more about him than they do about me. All he knows about me is what's in my profile--and it, alas, reveals my gender, so he feels free to strike out at it. I wonder what he would have said had it said I was male. Gone straight for the threats of anal rape in hell like that other True Believer, I guess.

End, I want you to know that you've completely, absolutely obliterated your already-meager arguments. If you even half-believed the bullshit you spout about God being moral and absolute, you would NEVER insult people or act in a non-loving way no matter what the perceived provocation--or you'd risk hell! YOU don't even believe your bullshit. Why should anybody else?

I would certainly appreciate an apology, because what you said really was out of line and I'm not content to let you wiggle out of that like you've wiggled out of every other thing levelled at you, and then we can get back to the fun of nailing your jello feet to the floor to get you to answer straight questions. Until then, adieu. I think I've made my points thoroughly enough that your faith is nothing but a subjective, experiential warm fuzzy just like every other faith in the whole wide world, and therefore entitled to absolutely no more credence than any other religion--less, actually, due to its disproven claims. Adieu.

Truthfully, it's been a long time since I have seen a woman as stuck on women abuse as you. We had a lawyer come to our place of employment and discuss employment law, harassment, etc to the supervisors in our workplace. She too was a woman with the sole objective of I am woman, hear me roar.

I've read your posts and near every one, if not all of them have the m word. What's up. Why the hell are you so angry at men? And sincerely, what the hell, other that the OT verses makes you think I dislike women. The thing I dislike is your continued arrogance......NOT because you are a woman, but simply because you are arrogant and wonderfully rude on top of that. I tried to break the ice with you and back my attitude down, but you won't go there. If you would like, we can. If you chose no, no biggie. I'm not going to apologize for your rudeness. And hell, I haven't EVEN RESPONDED to your post, but you swear I am a misogynic bastard before you have even heard my reasoning. Amazing.

end3 you should be ashamed of wasting the time of some of these very insightful and intelligent posters. You know in your thick skull already that no one elses experience *backed up by evidence and a genuine, clear, non-fluffy approach* is going to get your head out of your ass.

The crap you spill out for Christianity can be done for any other religion. You also keep saying "it is written" refering to only the bible.... This is how we see you are in a cult mindset; just you're your own leader. That's what all cults do. Make supernatural claims that can't be proven, then pretend they are the humble followers.

And please, for everyone's sake, stop saying we are denying your experience. We know you feel deep and fuzzy wuzzy feelings about your particular god. We know you think you saw him. Or communicate with him somehow. We know you chalk any mystery up to god. They (not me anyway) have known what it's like to actually live believing it was real.

The difference is they all got off the faithamphetamine. end3, you are still tweaking high as balls. They all see exactly what's going through your head.

If all accounts should be considered as attached to the real, what of all the highly spiritual accounts of schizophrenics and others deemed mentally ill? Why don't we listed to them. They truly believe what they say too.

You need to actually learn something about biopsychology. And....well just about everything else you know really nothing about but choose to wash over with your faith wand. Your whole approach is one of ignorance and laziness. Everything comes down to "oh we can't prove this, so that gives me room to claim that" and that's the end of it.... Very intellectually dishonest.

I also made a post on page 5. Reply to that....

yes I realized I just wasted 10 minutes of my life...but whatever I'm about to get hammered anyway

The problem T......is for the extremism I potentially show, there is equal that if not more in the "intellect and logic is the only truth" department. The predictable backlash to a bad spiritual reality. Oh yeah, none of y'all believe in that.....I forget.

Fixed. Try it now.

Thank you.

Come on End,

Please stop wasting thread space and answer Akheia.

You have a chance to shine here.

Dazzle us with brilliance!

End: More wiggling out of direct questions. I called the Bible's god a misogynist. Not you. But now that you mention it, I'm not sure what else one could call a person whose first thought of hurting a woman's feelings involves lashing out at her qualities as a mate and making free-range speculations about her family.

So not only do you refuse to apologize, but then spend an entire post trying to make me feel insecure about my own perceptions of your abuse. Real smooth. And very Christian. I mean that sincerely. Too bad I learned what spiritual negging looks like years ago.

PS: in case you didn't notice, I'm far from the only person who called you out on what you said.

PPS: so I take it that bullshit in the Bible about turning the other cheek and "70 times 7" is the part you don't think is literal?

• Like 2

End: More wiggling out of direct questions. I called the Bible's god a misogynist. Not you. But now that you mention it, I'm not sure what else one could call a person whose first thought of hurting a woman's feelings involves lashing out at her qualities as a mate and making free-range speculations about her family.

So not only do you refuse to apologize, but then spend an entire post trying to make me feel insecure about my own perceptions of your abuse. Real smooth. And very Christian. I mean that sincerely. Too bad I learned what spiritual negging looks like years ago.

PS: in case you didn't notice, I'm far from the only person who called you out on what you said.

PPS: so I take it that bullshit in the Bible about turning the other cheek and "70 times 7" is the part you don't think is literal?

Crap, just untwist thy underwear and let's talk. I am no historicity of Jesus scholar unlike your claim to have expertise in this field, but from what I garner, it appears that even the Jesus skeptics believed he was real. Is this accurate, why or why not? Thanks.

Truthfully, it's been a long time since I have seen a woman as stuck on women abuse as you. We had a lawyer come to our place of employment and discuss employment law, harassment, etc to the supervisors in our workplace. She too was a woman with the sole objective of I am woman, hear me roar.

I've read your posts and near every one, if not all of them have the m word. What's up. Why the hell are you so angry at men? And sincerely, what the hell, other that the OT verses makes you think I dislike women. The thing I dislike is your continued arrogance......NOT because you are a woman, but simply because you are arrogant and wonderfully rude on top of that. I tried to break the ice with you and back my attitude down, but you won't go there. If you would like, we can. If you chose no, no biggie. I'm not going to apologize for your rudeness. And hell, I haven't EVEN RESPONDED to your post, but you swear I am a misogynic bastard before you have even heard my reasoning. Amazing.

Akheia is upset because you made a "joke" about her marriage and personal life in very poor taste. She has every reason to be offended, and commence a slinging match with you... yet has chosen the higher ground of accepting an apology from you and a recommencement of the discussion at hand. Yet you insist on calling her rude and refuse to apologise to her.

The comment you made about her marriage would have been just as offensive had it come from a woman. This has nothing to do with YOUR gender; however, your attack on aspects of her own gender and personal life, which you could not possibly have any knowledge of, was completely unmitigated.

• Like 2

You have a problem with Akheia because she challenges you, and your faulty reasoning. Then we call you out on your personal misogynistic attack against her marital status & you defend youself by making misogynistic comments about a lawyer that gave you a lesson on sexual harassment, which seems to have gone over your head. All you did was prove our point. Stop trolling this thread you have nothing of value to offer us.

• Like 4

What is one's religion worth if it is simply used for supporting ones own social and cultural ignorance? That's not a worship of God, but of self. What's up with this End? Has your momentary insight grown so distant and dim you've replaced it with a idol of yourself? I suggest you go back and find that inside yourself again and let it open you to your own self, so that through it you can see others again.

You know the problem End? You have made the mistake of putting it outside yourself, externalizing God, and as a result you have failed to look inside which is where that really is. You've never listened to me because you place your beliefs as your security blanket, rather than finding yourself as was opened to you in that brief moment. Apparently looking outside you isn't the right place to look.

Crap, just untwist thy underwear and let's talk. I am no historicity of Jesus scholar unlike your claim to have expertise in this field, but from what I garner, it appears that even the Jesus skeptics believed he was real. Is this accurate, why or why not? Thanks.

There's a perfectly good reason why "Jesus skeptics" allow for his possible existence (notice that isn't the same as "he was real," but that distinction's likely lost on you).

But I see no reason to waste wisdom upon someone who can't even understand that he's a misogynistic creep. I bug you, don't I? I'm not submitting to your penis AUTHORITAI and I actually keep to the course of a debate and have solid facts beneath me, unlike you, who misdirect, redirect, fluff, and waffle like you're terrified of facing any question whatsoever. When you post, it's to parrot the same tired contorted arguments and logical fallacies we've heard a thousand times. You wiggle out of questions, refuse to answer, and then make some genuinely creepy comments about my qualities as a woman and a wife. Then you not only refuse to apologize but make MORE creepy misogynistic comments and try to make me doubt myself just like any other abusive, controlling, manipulative misogynist. Then you refuse to apologize AGAIN and make even MORE creepy misogynistic comments ("untwist my underwear"? What the fuck is wrong with you?). I'm not being rude--not even arrogant, but face facts: I have way more knowledge about this subject than you do--but all I've done is try to keep you on track. You meanwhile have been the one displaying the stereotypically female behavior in being constitutionally incapable of logic and reason.

Apologize, and I'm happy to enlighten you and we can continue. You are a broken, flailing, defeated little man, End. I see no reason to bother with you if you can't play like an adult. I insist you retract your comments and apologize. ETA: If you're not big enough to apologize, then you can just go read my previous posts. I actually addressed the question of Jesus' historicity already.

• Like 5