Goodbye Jesus

Showing Interest

CDFree

Guest Valk0010

I know you looked, Valk. The goal of the bible is to bring you closer to God, did that happen? I don't understand what you meant by what I highlighted in red.

Its something that I feel like I see you do. You start with the conclusion, that Christianity is true, been proven etc. And then look for confirmation of that. As it relates to the other thread I see the same thing. Your view on the Paul quotes I had, read exactly to me, like someone, starting with there conclusion and working backwards.

Yeah I see where you're coming from but it would seem that you are quoting the scriptures you were indoctrinated with instead of letting the bible expound itself.

I actually found about Paul views on the end of the world more specifically after deconverting. I wasn't aware of the implications of what Paul said till, after I deconverted. I hadn't really looked at Paul's understanding of the end times while I was a christian. I was more interested in what I needed to know at that point. It was how to be a good christian.

Understanding the bible gospel helps ones faith to grow so if you did not understand it I can understand you leaving. Even as a skeptic you are still misunderstanding it and I am not insulting you, OK? I am just saying when one does understand it one can see its harmony.

Nothing much changed about my cognitive abilities, except learning more about what actually counts for logic, reason, evidence and history.

Yes the bible appeals to reason but there is a spiritual aspect to it. There are a lot of mysteries that people can't figure out here on earth and yet they want to figure out everything about God. God left evidences but people choose to listen to the philosophical jargon of finite men instead of God.

Fuck emotions, give me facts, logic and evidence. Arguments from ignorance, don't mean squat. I may not know alot about the universe, but I wanna know. And just because we don't know everything about god, doesn't mean mystery is the correct answer. Again arguement from ignorance. If reason comes from god, it applies to him as well.
  • Like 1

Guest Valk0010

You weren't stupid, just unstable and you did not persist...

Oh, give me a fucking break. Enough of the "If you don't understand, it's because you did x/didn't do y" bullshit. The Bible makes no sense because it makes no sense. Period. Just about everyone here tried to make sense of the Bible, some of us for many years. It doesn't make sense because it's a bunch of Hebrew fairy tales taped together, not because we haven't "persisted" long enough to be given the holy gift of understanding nonsense.

Hello lion. I am sorry for the troubles you got with the bible but from a Christian pov, it ain't over till the fat lady sings (no there's no lady fat enough yet, OK). The bible truly is beautiful.

Oddily enough I enjoy reading Salman Rushdie more then I ever did reading the bible.

Hello lion. I am sorry for the troubles you got with the bible but from a Christian pov, it ain't over till the fat lady sings (no there's no lady fat enough yet, OK). The bible truly is beautiful.

These words don't even make sense in the order that they have been placed. Are you some sort of chatbot, or something?

I was saying don't be discouraged.

Fuck emotions, give me facts, logic and evidence. Arguments from ignorance, don't mean squat. I may not know alot about the universe, but I wanna know. And just because we don't know everything about god, doesn't mean mystery is the correct answer. Again arguement from ignorance. If reason comes from god, it applies to him as well.

I already told you, you have to spend time in the Word with a prayerful heart and that may include taking a sabbatical from scoffing websites for awhile. All scoffers do is say no, no, no to everything. If a supernatural being comes along and gored them in the butt they still will say they don't see it.

Oddily enough I enjoy reading Salman Rushdie more then I ever did reading the bible.

...and there it is. That's why it will seem foolish to you, the hunger for it is not there.

Guest Valk0010

I already told you, you have to spend time in the Word with a prayerful heart and that may include taking a sabbatical from scoffing websites for awhile. All scoffers do is say no, no, no to everthing. If a supernatural being comes along and gored them in the butt they still will say they don't see it.

Prayerful heart otherwise meant as assuming the conclusion is true. You might as well be honest and say that, because that is really what you mean.

Guest Valk0010

...and there it is. That's why it will seem foolish to you, the hunger for it is not there.

my favorite bible verse is proverbs 25:2

t is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
That became my favorite after deconverting.

Again nice job on the ad homs, god will bless you.

Guest Valk0010

I already told you, you have to spend time in the Word with a prayerful heart and that may include taking a sabbatical from scoffing websites for awhile. All scoffers do is say no, no, no to everything. If a supernatural being comes along and gored them in the butt they still will say they don't see it.

I believed for years, I had ocd over god. God never helped me. I prayed for years over it. If it were to gore me in the but, it would first have to explain that meaningless suffering.

I already told you, you have to spend time in the Word with a prayerful heart and that may include taking a sabbatical from scoffing websites for awhile. All scoffers do is say no, no, no to everthing. If a supernatural being comes along and gored them in the butt they still will say they don't see it.

Prayerful heart otherwise meant as assuming the conclusion is true. You might as well be honest and say that, because that is really what you mean.

I have had my own experiences and I did not know God was drawing me to Him but in hindsight I see God's providence in my life. My aversion to secular living was me resisting the devil and that caused God to draw near to me. Apparently I did have a prayerful heart at the time. Even though I was snooty at that time, God worked with me.

Guest Valk0010

I have had my own experiences and I did not know God was drawing me to Him but in hindsight I see God's providence in my life. My aversion to secular living was me resisting the devil and that caused God to draw near to me. Apparently I did have a prayerful heart at the time. Even though I was snooty at that time, God worked with me.

Good for you, but I doubt that.

my favorite bible verse is proverbs 25:2

t is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
That became my favorite after deconverting.

Again nice job on the ad homs, god will bless you.

Did you actually study what Proverbs 25:2 meant? I think you may have interpreted it using 21st century English. It is rather ironic that you say that is your favorite verse and you are not a believer smile.png

It's not ad homs, I'm telling you why God does not manifest Himself.

There's a lady who wanted a kidney transplant and there is a # of people on a waiting list for kidneys. The lady refuses to stop smoking, she's just not WILLING to stop, is it fair that she gets a kidney when there are others who would cherish their new kidney? God manifests to those who obey.

Guest Valk0010

I never studied in depth, I just always like the idea, that it means seeking out god is a valuable thing to do.

Your basically saying you got to believe already to experience god. That is the epitome of circular reasoning. I know you don't like the idea of logic, but still at least you got to admit that.

I believed for years, I had ocd over god. God never helped me. I prayed for years over it. If it were to gore me in the but, it would first have to explain that meaningless suffering.

God's perfect love casts out fear so your ocd was from a wrong concept of God or you not letting go and letting God lead or it can be purely chemicals in your body acting up. God may seem to not answer and I am sorry for your pain, I don't understand about your personal struggles but God does answer eventually. I can't picture you being gored in the butt, maybe very few of these other lions (it's a joke, this is the den) but not you and not the lionesses either, OK. The bible does talk about suffering but skeptics refuse to believe it.

I never studied in depth, I just always like the idea, that it means seeking out god is a valuable thing to do.

Your basically saying you got to believe already to experience god. That is the epitome of circular reasoning. I know you don't like the idea of logic, but still at least you got to admit that.

The texts say that the things you need to know about God that will draw you to Him has been provided but some things are a mystery and you should not be trying to figure those out.

I am saying that God put a yearning for Him in each of us and it is up to us to choose to respond or not. It happened for me and it happens for many other people.

Many people like adventure, romance, comedy and action but you like drama, you wanted a dramatic answer from me in the ToT section. You no longer like drama?

Sassin' is comedy, not drama.

A couple that is friends with a family member of mine just lost their 5 year old son last week. His parents are strong Christians, his mother was asking WHY?!!!! What hope does atheism offer them?

Atheists should examine their motives for belief and whatever evidence there is, while being honest with themselves. It takes courage to face life's difficulties. The believer doesn't face life head on. They throw themselves upon false hope with their own magical thinking.

The bible cannot be read like a secular text book, hon'. The texts are not twisted, it's unlearned atheists that do not understand them. I like this ws but in my time looking at atheism out there (I've been to other websites and boy oh boy ... ) I find some of the atheists to be some of the most close-minded people ever, they actually helped me to fully understand the mindset of the pharisees. However the # 1 reason I see for the attitudes is that they're fed up and they misunderstand God and they don't know how to study the bible and well, they're not meek enough to learn.

This would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious! Of course, there's no such thing as an Ex-Christian! You need to grow up lil' girl!

Guest Valk0010

God's perfect love casts out fear so your ocd was from a wrong concept of God or you not letting go and letting God lead or it can be purely chemicals in your body acting up. God may seem to not answer and I am sorry for your pain, I don't understand about your personal struggles but God does answer eventually. I can't picture you being gored in the butt, maybe very few of these other lions (it's a joke, this is the den) but not you and not the lionesses either, OK. The bible does talk about suffering but skeptics refuse to believe it.

Actually it was fear of blaspheming the holy ghost, and it was strange, someone would explain to me, and I will be okay, then it would come back. Since deconverting I have had way less problems with OCD. Maybe a lack of belief has been actually helpful to me........

LOL You're funny. Why you gotta exaggerate, huh? I publicly slandered? Did I give a name, address, telephone #?

The lack of name, address and telephone number is irrelevant. You did give sufficient details to clearly identify the woman to anyone in your congregation who knows her. I think it would be absolutely delightful for one of those people to stumble upon your post and "out" you to your church buddies.

However, the primary reason I'm so furious with you is this: Your little anecdote about that woman shows that you are a condescending bitch who pretends at humbleness. Rather than seize the opportunity to deal with your own shyness, you passive-aggressively vent your jealousy and insecurity by making snide remarks to other people about seeing "Chopin" on the bus.

Thumbelina, you're the Pharisee in Luke 18:11, loudly singing his own praises in the temple. How's that working out for you?

Oh, I tend to joke, my personality neccesitates I laugh otherwise I'll be a grump grump like some of y'all

You *do* know that I write, read, watch and critique humour, Thumbelina? I do happen to know what's funny and what is not.

You are not funny.

Your so-called "jokes" are insulting, condescending and verbally abusive. You refuse to treat us as adults and insist on playing God's Appointed Scolding Mommy rather than holding a genuine dialogue with us. We've told you repeatedly to cut out that infantile crap. Please explain, in 20 words or less, why you refuse to do so.

• Like 2

Guest Valk0010

Your so-called "jokes" are insulting, condescending and verbally abusive. You refuse to treat us as adults and insist on playing God's Appointed Scolding Mommy rather than holding a genuine dialogue with us. We've told you repeatedly to cut out that infantile crap. Please explain, in 20 words or less, why you refuse to do so.

That is how I feel. So ditto

Thumbelina could easily pass for someone with down syndrome. Maybe you should enter the special Olympics thumbnuts. You can run down the track screaming GAWWWWWWWWWDUH, right before you fall on your face.

Thumbelina,

If God's perfect love casts out fear, why do you fear to tell us if you are a Seventh Day Adventist or not?

If God's perfect love casts out fear, why do you fear to discuss the science of human evolution?

If God's perfect love casts out fear, why do you fear to discuss your Creationism with us?

Why do you fear to step outside of the Bible?

Why do you fear to face up to Big Bang Cosmology?

Why do you fear to compare the Bible's claims about Creation with what science tells us about it?

Hmmm.... ?

BAA.

That is how I feel. So ditto

That sums up how I feel about Thumby as well.

Thumbelina's replies to my questions were all to predictable and depressing...

Basically, we suffer because of "hidden sins." God does not promise us an easy ride? This is such a blinding contradiction that this is one of the main reasons I lost my faith. The fact that God or Jesus promises in the Bible to help in time of trouble lead me to start to question if God existed or if he did, his revelation in the Bible is false.

The Bible is true because it says so, it says so, so it is true. I have seen this before on this site from Christians, using the same text to verify the truth of the text being questioned. Saying that it is the word of the lord and that I just have to believe it is no use to me anymore.

Our intellectual striving for the truth is "demonic"

European train timetables are full of deadly viruses.

You say that you have to examine what is preached etc, etc, but then when people do, you instantly accuse us of having a hardness of heart, being deceived by satan blah, blah, blah-didi-blah.

Jacques Derrida was an Algerian born of French descent who was one of the leading philosophers of the last century. He is reckoned to be one of the fathers of post-modernism, but you will probably say that he was "deceived by Satan" as well.

• Like 1

The examples on the first couple of pages happened to me. I began discussing Christianity with a "born again" girl on youtube and became fb friends. She was friendly and cute looking lol Almost had be convinced that getting 'saved' was the thing to do. After a month i asked a question in a respectful manner about contemporary evidence for the existence of Jesus outside the bible. She ignored my question and didnt contact me for almost a month. I finally asked what's her beef and she said she was doesn't get online as much. Now I'm pretty much back to where I started off smile.png