Goodbye Jesus

Chick-Fil-A, Gays And My Mother

Citsonga

does anyone really believe there will be an avalanche of people marrying their next of kin, or their cat, or their pumpkin pie?

does anyone really believe there will be an avalanche of people marrying their next of kin, or their cat, or their pumpkin pie?

I love lamp.

• Like 1

I love lamp.

The lamp from nigahiga?

I read this thread and was motivated to create an account just to come back here to say this:

If your mom is convinced that God will punish America if we do the wrong thing regarding marriage equality, you might encourage her to take note of the sudden, unexpected death of the Chick-fil-A PR director. That seems like a pretty clear surgical strike to me. How much more specific does God's smiting have to be before people get his message?

It will harm us in the long run because God will destroy America with a giant fireball if we allow those homos to marry. Because he loves us, and we deserve it or something.

He loves us. That's why he cursed us to burn in hell. It's logic like this that fucks up a fundy's brain.

One question......should they allow a father and adult daughter to marry?

You've lost me, B.O. I need a little context. Who is "they"? This seems a bit irrelevant to Chik-Fil-A unless I've missed something.

OK...I will rephrase.....Should a father and adult daughter be allowed to marry?

No.

And I will laugh at any attempt to conflate discrimination against homosexuals and discrimination against would-be incestuous couples. If it makes you happy, I will be glad to oppose father-son marriages as well. GONZ9729CustomImage1539775.gif

As usual you are looking at a sniping opportunity. What I am getting at is.....Why should ANY form of marriage be recognized by government? Why not have ALL marriages be made legal with a binding private contract? Marriage licenses were not even issued in any states until 1855. Since then it has been a bone of contention since. Plural marriages in Morman Utah, interracial in other parts, now gay marriage....WHAT NEXT?

People are just uncomfortable with change. If hetero marriage had been illegal since 1855 the fundies would be saying that it "just aint right that men and women cohabitate." Someone would post on FB, "When I see a man and a woman kissing it just makes me wanna puke! If men and women are allowed to marry, WHAT'S NEXT? " :-)

Oddly, I do know what happens after gays are allowed to marry. Gay-vorce. HA! I made a funny.

He loves us. That's why he cursed us to burn in hell.

But wait - god doesn't curse us to burn in hell! We choose to go to hell ourselves by rejecting Jesus' love!!

Also, I might point out that God created hell because he DOES love us! If he didn't love us, then he would have created us as robots without the free will to choose to send ourselves to hell, which would mean God's ultimate gift of love of sacrificing Jesus on the cross wouldn't be required! How could he then prove his love to us? He couldn't!!111!!one!!!one111!!

Wendycrazy.gif

I read this thread and was motivated to create an account just to come back here to say this:

If your mom is convinced that God will punish America if we do the wrong thing regarding marriage equality, you might encourage her to take note of the sudden, unexpected death of the Chick-fil-A PR director. That seems like a pretty clear surgical strike to me. How much more specific does God's smiting have to be before people get his message?

I hadn't heard about that, so thanks for bringing it up. For anyone interested, I found this article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/donald-a-perry-dead-chick-fil-a-vice-president-public-relations_n_1711438.html

While it's not funny that the guy died, it is indeed a bit ironic due to the typical "punishment from God" rationalizing that Christians tend to do. Of course, you can't win with irrational religionists on points like that. When it's convenient for them, someone's death is the wrath of God, but when it's inconvenient for them, well, everyone has to die sometime. A death can mean anything they want it to when they don't have to be consistent.

Although it's sad that he died, especially during this shit storm at work, my first thought was "How often did he eat there during that 29 years?" Did the food kill him? Did the stress? Both?

Guest Valk0010

He loves us. That's why he cursed us to burn in hell.

But wait - god doesn't curse us to burn in hell! We choose to go to hell ourselves by rejecting Jesus' love!!

Also, I might point out that God created hell because he DOES love us! If he didn't love us, then he would have created us as robots without the free will to choose to send ourselves to hell, which would mean God's ultimate gift of love of sacrificing Jesus on the cross wouldn't be required! How could he then prove his love to us? He couldn't!!111!!one!!!one111!!

Wendycrazy.gif

My new response to that, and I hope to get to use it one day is if i get told the jesus love you thing.

If jesus actually loved us he would have aborted us.

Although it's sad that he died, especially during this shit storm at work, my first thought was "How often did he eat there during that 29 years?" Did the food kill him? Did the stress? Both?

I actually thought the same thing. ;)

I actually thought the same thing. wink.png

:lmao: Perhaps the best way to stop these people from spreading hate is to force them to eat every meal at chik tract-fil-a.

It will harm us in the long run because God will destroy America with a giant fireball if we allow those homos to marry. Because he loves us, and we deserve it or something.

He loves us. That's why he cursed us to burn in hell. It's logic like this that fucks up a fundy's brain.

It's abuse, actually. Not logic. It's just a spiritual version of "I hit you because I love you."

And like abuse victims, Christians all believe the abuser's logic with all of their heart.