Goodbye Jesus

Debate challenge

Guest Jesus knows Kung Fu

.. one must die to what the ego holds dear in order to be born into a new, and higher, consciousness..
..and yet another step up the mountain. :grin:

:thanks:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poonis

• Asimov

• Taphophilia

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Rameus spoof?

* Christ-myth topic

* broad knowledge of existing scholarship with respect to said topic

* JP Holding obsession

* dismissal of Acharya and Kersey Graves

* anthropological reference - 'what sociologist and anthropologists call an "honor/shame" society?'

* do real Christians really talk this way?

'Jesus knows Kung Fu'

'gas cookers work better than grills! '

'Thank you so very much and I greatly appreciate everything that you have ever done for me. I love you moe than anyone on earth and want to be with you forever. I love you.'

Not that it matters to me, but just a wild guess.

Pretty astute, Dio. Fits the formula.

Attacks and discredits Acharya and Graves. But never mentions Price, Doherty, Pagels.

Ram Abram Kung-fu man sounds familiar.

Please don't post anymore. Your ranting has nothing to do with the topic. There seems to be some that have already responded in this thread with at least some sense of civility, and had the cognitive ability to stay on topic. Go rant eslewhere, or join the discussion with some solid referenced facts.

You come here and insult one of us? You have refused to abide by our rules that are clearly posted for all to see. You chose this discussion because of the name, without so much as considering the other discussions, then insult one of our members when they violate nothing.

You JkKF are the one without honor.

Please don't post anymore. Your ranting has nothing to do with the topic. There seems to be some that have already responded in this thread with at least some sense of civility, and had the cognitive ability to stay on topic. Go rant eslewhere, or join the discussion with some solid referenced facts.

Show me your god... and I will show you the manifestation of your imagination.

Until then, fuck you and your imaginary friend.

Crucifixion in the Roman empire shamed the victim in all cases, regardless of the circumstances, and with absolute no exception, period!

Please cite references for this premise.

He didn't last quite as long as the others.

Thus I offer that if you can sincerely change the heart of a single ex-Christian here, whether one of the wily kittens, the numerous hyenas, few ferocious lions, or even one of the noted dragons....

I wonder which one I am.... :scratch:

Now this is purring to my ears! What an astute question, and one that is dead on topic! :woohoo:

Yes, this is what I want to discuss! Now, to start with, you wouldn't happen to have an instance where crucifixion was not viewed as shameful in the roman empire would you?

I think his posts are too simplistic to be a spoof...but that's just me.

Why should I have to present proof of a negative? You would have to go back in time and ask every single person at any crucifixion if they viewed it as shameful.

Secondly, Jesus' death was his ascendancy into martyrdom and is generally what made him. Surely there are a number of his followers who revered him enough to keep the faith alive and didn't view his death as shameful.

Wow! There's been a lot of heat generated here since i've been gone! Listen guys, a few of you, in the midst of much mouthing off and bitchin', have at least offered some substance in your post, unlike the posts from Poonis and Mr Grinch. To these two, I would suggest that you spend a few hours reading the articles in question, along with any supporting articles, as well as counter arguments to those articles. They are all conveniently accessible through Mr. Holdings website. It shouldn't take you but a few hours.

After you have read those articles, come back and offer a little more than your own feelings toward what you perceive to be an attack on you m'kay? I don't mind the bitchin and whining, but at least bitch and whine a well formulated response.

The reason I came to the lions den in the first place was because I knew how skeptics get in the face of factual information, and it could get a little dirty. But I am fine with that. I have Jesus on my side. I didn't want to go to the colleseum simply because of the edicate required there.

Also, there are three people who imply that my argument is some type of spoofed. Is this your way of deflecting the argument? Is it the premise of the argument that tells you that? What? Is it the way I am scalping the skeptics with hard talk? Go and read the Gospels, as well as the acts, and see hoe Jesus and gang put those ancient skeptics in their place. WWJD?

I gots to go eat some dinner. I WILL be back. And please, if your posts are going to be filled with nothing but bitchin', then don't waste your time wearing out your little fingers, cause' I simply skip your posts altogether. You might be "putting me in my place" in the eyes of your fellow non-believers, but since I don't even read them, they may as well be blank! :HappyCry:

I gots to go eat some dinner. I WILL be back. And please, if your posts are going to be filled with nothing but bitchin', then don't waste your time wearing out your little fingers, cause' I simply skip your posts altogether. You might be "putting me in my place" in the eyes of your fellow non-believers, but since I don't even read them, they may as well be blank!

Well, guess what? You are now on my iggy list. If you aren't going to bother to read our posts, I'm not going to read yours. I suggest other people do the same.

:ugh:

Why should I have to present proof of a negative? You would have to go back in time and ask every single person at any crucifixion if they viewed it as shameful.

Secondly, Jesus' death was his ascendancy into martyrdom and is generally what made him. Surely there are a number of his followers who revered him enough to keep the faith alive and didn't view his death as shameful

Thanks you Asimov for staying on topic! You are a fine example for every else to follow! I will be back to show you how you are so dead wrong!

...a few of you, in the midst of much mouthing off and bitchin', have at least offered some substance in your post, unlike the posts from Poonis and Mr Grinch.

SHOW ME YOUR MOTHER-FUCKING GOD.

I gots to go eat some dinner. I WILL be back. And please, if your posts are going to be filled with nothing but bitchin', then don't waste your time wearing out your little fingers, cause' I simply skip your posts altogether. You might be "putting me in my place" in the eyes of your fellow non-believers, but since I don't even read them, they may as well be blank!

Well, guess what? You are now on my iggy list. If you aren't going to bother to read our posts, I'm not going to read yours. I suggest other people do the same.

:ugh:

If the post has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand, why should I waste my time reading it? So go ahead and put me on your little "iggy" list, if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.

Kung Fu-

Please address my question about your first premise. You don't get to make assertions like that free of charge.

The reason I came to the lions den in the first place was because I knew how skeptics get in the face of factual information, and it could get a little dirty. But I am fine with that. I have Jesus on my side. I didn't want to go to the colleseum simply because of the edicate required there.

That's quite amusing that you would say that considering that it's usually the Christians who are too afraid to face the facts.

Kung Fu-

Please address my question about your first premise. You don't get to make assertions like that free of charge.

Are you guys gonna let me eat dinner? :shrug:

OK, I'll address that as soon as I get back.

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Yeah... I went there. :)

...a few of you, in the midst of much mouthing off and bitchin', have at least offered some substance in your post, unlike the posts from Poonis and Mr Grinch.

GRRRRRRRRR WAIL GNASH MU%#@R F#$^@! I AM SOOOOO ANGRY!!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN ANGRY SINCE I WAS TWO!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRR

I am confident that I have a position that is irrefutable.

(Emphasis mine). Getting back to having a closed mind, not being open to possibilities..... Still waiting to hear a response to my question about the entire basis for this "moot" exercise, or are you more interested in proving to yourself your arguments are "irrefutable"? FYI, in my opinion anyone who says "irrefutable" is ignorant and arrogant. Humility is the beginning of wisdom. The very best you could ever hope to say, or anyone could say, is they have complelling arguments. To say what you do says a lot about what you really have to offer here. At this point I'm not interested in your "irrefutable" anythings.

*sigh*

I've seen mr. fu ignore many good refutations to his arguements... Kryten gave a good example of another crucified god. Maybe when he gets back from dinner he can enlighten us...

I've yet to see much of any factual information, merely a bunch of premesis that you pick and choose what you address when someone comes up with "factual information" or just a reasonable argument to dispute it with.

I think you might do well to listen to Ssel; a christian most of us around here have a good deal of respect for.

and what the heck is "edicate?" (something we here in the south do to teach people maybe?)

and what the heck is "edicate?" (something we here in the south do to teach people maybe?)

Maybe it's a reference to the current education system, which eradicates a heckuva lot of brain cells while getting kids to be conformists.

I think we need to interrupt this thread of ass-whupping with the interjection of an offensive phrase:

GIGANTIC PENIS!!!!!!!!

GRRRRRRRRR WAIL GNASH MU%#@R F#$^@! I AM SOOOOO ANGRY!!!!!!!

I'VE BEEN ANGRY SINCE I WAS TWO!!!!!!GRRRRRRRRRR

I figured I could pull an Ad Hominem out of you, but not that quick. Now I know what I'm dealing with. But then again, your ad hominem reply is no substitution for showing me your god.

I figured I could pull an Ad Hominem out of you, but not that quick. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

Or maybe you're just an angry person, Poonis....you should lighten up a bit. :grin:

Maybe it's a reference to the current education system, which eradicates a heckuva lot of brain cells while getting kids to be conformists.

Oh come on Amethyst! Any minute now you are going to start telling me "Intellegent Design" is political, not educational... :lmao:

Dinner is for pussies.

You got that right Assimov!

Gotta run for a while, "Smallville" is almost on...