Goodbye Jesus

Debate challenge

Guest Jesus knows Kung Fu

I figured I could pull an Ad Hominem out of you, but not that quick. Now I know what I'm dealing with.

Or maybe you're just an angry person, Poonis....you should lighten up a bit. :grin:

Asimov, if I seem angry, it is because JKKF reminds me of myself when I was a christian.

I think i need more cowbell ;)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poonis

• Asimov

• Taphophilia

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

how does Jesus dying shamefully on the cross prove anything?

Theirs no proof Jesus exists but the bible that cant prove anything.

I think we need to interrupt this thread of ass-whupping with the interjection of an offensive phrase:

GIGANTIC PENIS!!!!!!!!

Or better yet... detachable penis.

I think we need to interrupt this thread of ass-whupping with the interjection of an offensive phrase:

GIGANTIC PENIS!!!!!!!!

What about a gigantic detachable penis?

and what the heck is "edicate?" (something we here in the south do to teach people maybe?)

I believe this child is trying to say "Etiquette".

Many of us here place a premium on education Mr. Kung Fu. By choosing not to be bothered with correctly spelling the words you choose to express yourself, you look like an idiot to us. Text is the only medium we have to get our ideas across. Spellcheck isn't hard. Not using it makes you look lazy.

But as you made it clear that you came to the lion's den instead of the colliseum because you wanted to dodge the etiquette....you've already proven that you are too lazy to engage in actual debate, and truly prefer the blood slinging and flesh rending to be found here instead.

Enjoy.

GIGANTIC PENIS!!!!!!!!

What about a gigantic detachable penis?

DUDE

:3:

This is not an argument about the historocity of Jesus. This is about a religion that grew in spite of the social stigma of degrading shame associated with it.

Your error is in thinking that the gospels preceded the epistles. (I can't imagine why, since they are deceptively arranged that way in the NT)

Instead, we have the authentic Pauline epistles which were the first of any NT writings. And there, we find such things as:

"but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God" 1 Cor 1:24

"but far be it from me to boast except for in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Gal 6:14

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us - for it is written 'cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree' - so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we might receive the promised Spirit through faith." Gal 3:13

Paul's crucified christ, which he so aptly sold, was not the same christ and passion story as found in the gospels. (which came along many, many years after Paul's writings - and were not even common knowledge by 150 CE)

So, the reason for christianity spreading in spite of the "social stigma" of crucifiction, is because Paul was a convincing snake oil salesman. Not because of the HAND OF GOD.

sorry, dude.

Thanks you Asimov for staying on topic! You are a fine example for every else to follow! I will be back to show you how you are so dead wrong!

JkKF: I'm so going to refute you guys into the dust...after I eat and watch some t.v. and surf the 'net for actual arguments skivved off apologists websites that I can use. ::runs away::

Yeah...I see where this is going.

Guest John Bobbitt

GIGANTIC PENIS!!!!!!!!

Hey now!!!!!!

I resemble that remark!!!

Oh come on Amethyst! Any minute now you are going to start telling me "Intellegent Design" is political, not educational...

*Raises eyebrow*

You mean it's not political?

:HaHa:

Wow....quite the long dinner.

*sound of crickets chirping*

/edit

Oh! He's come back!

I've already put him on ignore. It's one thing to want to propose a debate, but it's another thing to arrogantly proclaim victory before anyone accepts.

Sorry guys and gals. It's going to be tommowor before I get around to scalping you further on this issue. I'll let you punks lose some sleep over it! :loser:

And just because I mispelled the word etiquette (with edicate) says nothing about my education level. As a matter of fact, I have a bachelors degree in Finance, and am quite educated. I knew the word looked a little wierd; I also knew you all weren't so dumb that you wouldn't get what I was talking about.

I think Zach had a good opening question, and we'll resume your beatings tommorow.

Sleep well! :wicked:

Jesus knows Kung Fu - scalping skeptics since 2001!

Doh! I mispelled tommorow in the first sentence! Ah heck, i'm too lazy to fix it. Good night buttheads.

Wow....quite the long dinner.

Maybe he's eating Asian food with chopsticks.

Fortune cookie says:

Avoid Lion's Den or you may get bitten!

Sorry guys and gals. It's going to be tommowor before I get around to scalping you further on this issue. I'll let you punks lose some sleep over it! :loser:

And just because I mispelled the word etiquette (with edicate) says nothing about my education level. As a matter of fact, I have a bachelors degree in Finance, and am quite educated. I knew the word looked a little wierd; I also knew you all weren't so dumb that you wouldn't get what I was talking about.

I think Zach had a good opening question, and we'll resume your beatings tommorow.

Doh! I mispelled tommorow in the first sentence! Ah heck, i'm too lazy to fix it. Good night buttheads.

Ah yes. There goes another fine advocate for Christianity.

Ponder of the moment:

If jesus did not know kung fu, would he still be able to scalp skeptics? If no, then Jesus' power is in kung fu.

Debate challenge, Who would buy a crucified saviour?

Has anyone pondered the possibility of one of the reasons for preaching about a crucified saviour as being just another "theological explanation" for the absence of their God/saviour? :mellow:

So, who would buy it?

Anyone who wishes to believe, or is/has been indoctrinated into believing in a God that doesn't exist.

That's who.

:mellow:

I've already put him on ignore. It's one thing to want to propose a debate, but it's another thing to arrogantly proclaim victory before anyone accepts.

All right, All right, I'll recant before I go to bed.

I hereby recant my earlier claim to pre-victory, and say instead that I think that I may have some compelling evidence. And that you might be able to shoot it down.....

BUT LET'S JUST SAY I HAVE MY DOUBTS! GOOD NIGHT!

Beatings?? All i hear you say is you're kicking our asses, yet you have yet to provide any actual punches.

As a matter of fact, I have a bachelors degree in Finance, and am quite educated.

Be forewarned: I am a carpenter and work with a guy named Jesus.

What? I think this person is way too used to having their ass kissed in their real like. What an arrogant self absorbed Fuckhead!

If he/she doesn't get the response he/she wants he/she throws out insults.

Taph

As a matter of fact, I have a bachelors degree in Finance, and am quite educated.
Be forewarned: I am a carpenter and work with a guy named Jesus.

You better be careful, Poonis! :eek:

He that lives by the sword, shall die by the sword. :Hmm:

He that lives by boards and nails........ :mellow:

:HaHa:

All right, All right, I'll recant before I go to bed.

I hereby recant my earlier claim to pre-victory, and say instead that I think that I may have some compelling evidence. And that you might be able to shoot it down.....

BUT LET'S JUST SAY I HAVE MY DOUBTS! GOOD NIGHT!

This is much better!

Please refrain from the insults though. If you don't like what someone says, maybe, just maybe, you could not respond to their post and answer someone elses you find more to you liking. You sound like a big freaking baby crying "mommy that they don't play fair." You really should act like a grown up here.

hooboy.

We haven't had a fundy come in here and give us such a whoopin since iprayican demolished our 21 bible contradictions with irrefutable proofs.

Shit, I hate walking on sand.

-_- Zzzzzzzz- *snort* Hm? Wha? Oh. It's you.

Ah. A Finance degree. I know plenty of people with degrees. Myself included. My Bachelors is in Psychology. I have learned much to my social disappointment occasionally, that being educated and being intelligent are not the same thing.

How do you "resume" something you haven't even begun? I don't feel beaten. I don't even feel poked. *checks body*

Nope. Not even a paper cut.

Anyone else feel dusted by Mr Kung Fu?