Goodbye Jesus

Debate challenge

Guest Jesus knows Kung Fu

Sorry guys and gals. It's going to be tommowor before I get around to scalping you further on this issue. I'll let you punks lose some sleep over it! :loser:

Scalping you further??? We are still waiting for you start! :shrug:

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Poonis

• Asimov

• Taphophilia

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

*Raises eyebrow*

You mean it's not political?

My dear Amethyst, don't you know that by exposing our children to psuedoscientific ideas in the guise of science merely ENHANCES thier ability to question established science and form thier own opinions about what they have been brought up to believe?! How in the world could THAT be political?!

I hereby recant my earlier claim to pre-victory, and say instead that I think that I may have some compelling evidence. And that you might be able to shoot it down.....

Don't give up TOO soon JKKF, we kind of enjoy seeing all the reasons we left x-ianity so personified.

I have a bachelors degree in Finance, and am quite educated.

How impressive, that finance degree should come in handy on this site when debating and defending your faith. Bring in another Christian with a marketing degree and maybe another one with a degree in accounting and we won't stand a chance :Wendywhatever:

Seriously though, I am sure Jehova appreciates suckers....er, sheep in the flock with a strong understanding of derivatives, interest rate swaps, mortgage backed securities, etc. that can take the loot....er, the tithes collected each sunday and wisely invest Jehova's money in high yield asset classes. The gods get very angry and will punish us with fire and brimstone when their cash gets stuck into a money market account only making 3% interest :Hmm:

I know most of you have heard of JP holding. Most skeptics shudder at the name. But he has written an article entitled The Impossible Faith, that has silenced even the most hardened skeptics, and left them without a leg to stand on.

I wouldn't say I shudder at J.P Holding. All he does is that he is defending the doctrine of bible inerrancy.

But I am certainly am amused at his various creative explanations. He gives a lot of speculation without backing up with biblical evidence

If you are sure about the inerrancy, please go to the colloseum and resolve the atleast the three threads in there

A Christian's inerrancy challenge

Geneology

a discussion on Jesus as the Messiah

The last christian who tried to resolve the issus ran away and never came back

Arrogant little fuck isn't he?

All I have to say is, you lose sir! YAR YAR! HUMP HUMP!

Well, guess what? You are now on my iggy list. If you aren't going to bother to read our posts, I'm not going to read yours. I suggest other people do the same.

Done and done. This has been one of the stupidest threads I've ever seen here - and after Daniel, that's saying something.

Goodbye, troll! :wave:

for those who say they're Spiritual and Got It Right, they've got the biggest inflated egos of them all

Guest Jesus knows Kung Fu

Good mornging everyone! I hope that at least one of you has found the Lord since we talked last! If just one, just one measley soul comes to the lord because of my labors here on this forum, then I feel satisfied that I have served my God, and that He is smiling down upon me. Will you rejoice with me in heaven on that happy day?

As far as our little "debate" goes, I admit that I might have to backpedal just a little. It seems that I have come across a few things in JP's rebuttal to Richard Carrier that i'm not ready to agree with just yet. In describing honor and shame societies, JP claims that there is no disctinction in the concept of honor held by the elites versus the concept of honor held by the lower classes. After describing the way Iraqi's behave within their honor codes during times of oppression, http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nwjcarr1.html , Jp claims that:

The above makes it clear that in such a society, the values of honor and shame remain intact, and popular support for the governing powers continues, in spite of the oppression --

now if this is not true, then a huge pillar crumbled from underneath his argument. But after we reason through this, I think we'll find that JP is a man of God is above deceptive arguing like that!

Well, in the meantime, I have an ass to wax. And although I may be backpedalling a little, don't think that I won't be backhand slappin' all you as I go!

Good mornging everyone! I hope that at least one of you has found the Lord since we talked last! If just one, just one measley soul comes to the lord because of my labors here on this forum, then I feel satisfied that I have served my God, and that He is smiling down upon me.

If you seek converts, then you must supply evidence that pursuades the conscience of the non-believer to their satisfaction and not yours. But you have a double difficulty; ExC's members are not simply non-believers: we are apostates. We were once christians ourselves, having already chewed up and mulled over, and subsequently rejected that which you are offering again as evidence.

I remain unconvinced.

Good mornging everyone! I hope that at least one of you has found the Lord since we talked last! If just one, just one measley soul comes to the lord because of my labors here on this forum, then I feel satisfied that I have served my God, and that He is smiling down upon me. Will you rejoice with me in heaven on that happy day?

You know this is not an Atheist site but an EX-Christian one? EX, not NEVER, but NO LONGER. It's hard to believe in the Wizard behind the curtain after Toto has exposed his ass to you.

As far as our little "debate" goes, I admit that I might have to backpedal just a little. It seems that I have

Doesn't look like you answered other's posts, you just keep going with more of your own. NNUTS

hooboy.

We haven't had a fundy

and I thought they called them Fundy because they were the ones paying 10% LOL

:lmao:

Well, in the meantime, I have an ass to wax. And although I may be backpedalling a little, don't think that I won't be backhand slappin' all you as I go!

Anyone else starting to think that JKKF is another rehash of an old annoying member since removed?

Anyone else starting to think that JKKF is another rehash of an old annoying member since removed?

Yes. Some spoofer of some sort. Not even Daniel was THIS bad of a representative of Christ.

Shut up Penis...I mean Poonis...lest I tie you naked to the bed and make you sing Jesus Love Me.

You are about as non-christian as they come. Welcome to the club.

I'm going to throw this out for fellow ExC'ers:

After reading J.P. Holdings filth found on tektonics.org and comparing style to JKKF, I am inclined to say that JKKF is none other than J.P. Holding himself.

Or, if we dig deeper, J.P. Holdings is the pseudonym of one Robert Turkel.

If just one measly soul turns away from Christianity because of my debates, I will jump up and do the happy dance. Im tha king of smartass silliness want to play with me. Oh wont you exchristians rejoice with me when a Christian says im leaving Christianity you have proved it is bullshit.

if I can just free one soul from that destructive cult I will say halle-screw ya Christianity!!!!!!!!

As far as our little "debate" goes, I admit that I might have to backpedal just a little. It seems that I have come across a few things in JP's rebuttal to Richard Carrier that i'm not ready to agree with just yet. In describing honor and shame societies, JP claims that there is no disctinction in the concept of honor held by the elites versus the concept of honor held by the lower classes. After describing the way Iraqi's behave within their honor codes during times of oppression, http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nwjcarr1.html , Jp claims that:

The above makes it clear that in such a society, the values of honor and shame remain intact, and popular support for the governing powers continues, in spite of the oppression --

now if this is not true, then a huge pillar crumbled from underneath his argument. But after we reason through this, I think we'll find that JP is a man of God is above deceptive arguing like that!

C'mon you guys... this guy can't be for real! :nono:

He's trying to be too inciteful!

He's doing his best to push buttons...

...and I'm rather amazed that he has gotten so much cooperation! :o

I say we know this person by another name...

and they're at the monitor laughing all the way through this thread.

The question is, is he friend or foe? :scratch:

Good mornging everyone! I hope that at least one of you has found the Lord since we talked last!

Hey! I found the Lord hiding under my bed last night! He smelled like Chee-Tos.

Okay.....you told us when you had to do chores.....you told us when you had to go eat dinner......you told us when you were going to bed.

NOW you are telling us about your butt waxing. If this is not a fellow ex-cer goofing around, then I think you are a desperately lonely soul who needs more real live people around them.

But then again....the entertainment value is there.

Please let us know when you plan to shower. I want to know if you lather rinse and repeat. :HaHa:

The only thing that you have done here is convince us that you are an arrogant self absorbed ass.

I read through the little ditty that you first posted.

The word shame is interpreted as dishonor, when it should be interpreted as humiliation. The ancient world was very much a caste system. Honor being Family honor that Jesus didn't have to begin with, and individual honor.

The crucifixion was designed to humiliate/shame since it was considered a condemned slaves death, but remember it was a caste system. You do not go up or down on the social ladder.

Jesus would have attained individual honor in the ancient world considering the dignity in which he faced his death.

hmm...I would be inclined to agree with you. I doubt that any real person could be that cocky and self absorbed. He seems to be way over the top, like a Landover Parody.

Whoever kung-fu man is, the Mythraic Book of Wisdom hereby delares him to be:

A Fucking Idiot.

Kung-fu this :moon: Putz

As far as our little "debate" goes, I admit that I might have to backpedal just a little.

Does this mean that you can't backup the assertion of your first premise? And if not, can you please do that ASAP?

I will be back to show you how you are so dead wrong!

Do you really think this show of ego is what the message of Jesus intended?

Hi Amanda :grin:

I agree. I tested his sincerity by asking some questions to get to why he was doing this. He failed to respond. You can see my posts in this thread. Anyone who was interested in sharing what they sincerely believed was true would want to try to communicate with those who asked them sincere questions. He did not, and I refused to engage in his line of reasoning with him.

This is something I'm trying to do from now on rather than just enabling and encouraging TROLLS. I don't want to waste my time with someone who refuses to dialog. If I did, I'd still be in a fundamentalist church.