Goodbye Jesus

Genuine Love

Guest end3

Definitely agreed with MM. Galien, if you didn't go to American high school, didn't send a kid there, and have not done some kind of research on our education system or at least read a book on the subject, you really have no basis for what you're saying. Based on what other posters are saying about you I gather you have a proclivity for making antagonistic, ideological comments and then moving on without defending them, so I hesitate to get into a discussion with you. But if you can refrain from this behavior (assuming my assessment of you is correct, which it may not be), I'm curious as to what you base your opinion of our high schools on. Are Australia's any better?

You don't know what I have researched, and neither does MM. There is no point trying to defend anything against americans, who don't listen and think they are always right. All I wanted was a discussion about genuine love, but seeing neither yourself nor MM nor end have any real interest in discussing that, there is no point me continuing in this thread.I hope for the day when discussing something is not just another occasion for dick waving.

Sorry Gallien but I have to agree with MM you are spouting off very ill-informed rhetoric here. It is like you have been listening to the Jerry Falwell of anti-America. He asked where  was your evidence and you respond by insulting him?!?!?!?!

Also the title post Genuine love is very misleading end was talking about sacrifice in regard to God's genuine love which aside from the personal attacks has been discussed ad nasuem.

Sorry Gallien but I have to agree with MM you are spouting off very ill-informed rhetoric here. It is like you have been listening to the Jerry Falwell of anti-America. He asked where  was your evidence and you respond by insulting him?!?!?!?!

MM and I have a long history of this kind of crap. He is an idiot and I am not interested in anything further he has to say.

Also the title post Genuine love is very misleading end was talking about sacrifice in regard to God's genuine love which aside from the personal attacks has been discussed ad nasuem.

Yeah I was hoping to discuss it from the point of view of humans having genuine love outside of the god thing. Disappointed again :(

You really do have a brain the size of a pea, and the capacity for conformity the size of an elephant. Just another brick in the wall mate. I'm tired of arguing with your stupidity. 

• Like 1

You don't know what I have rearched, and neither does MM.

Well, that's why I asked. Instead you're responding by flying off the handle. I'll ask again: what's the basis for your opinion? Specifics, please. I'm showing interest in your point of view, try not to repay that by yelling at me.

There is no point trying to defend anything against americans, who don't listen and think they are always right. All I wanted was a discussion about genuine love, but seeing neither yourself nor MM nor end have any real interest in discussing that, there is no point me continuing in this thread.I hope for the day when discussing something is not just another occasion for dick waving.

End wanted to make us believe in Jesus. I think this was clear from the beginning, wouldn't you say?

Well, that's why I asked. Instead you're responding by flying off the handle. I'll ask again: what's the basis for your opinion? Specifics, please. I'm showing interest in your point of view, try not to repay that by yelling at me.

There is no point trying to defend anything against americans, who don't listen and think they are always right. All I wanted was a discussion about genuine love, but seeing neither yourself nor MM nor end have any real interest in discussing that, there is no point me continuing in this thread.I hope for the day when discussing something is not just another occasion for dick waving.

End wanted to make us believe in Jesus. I think this was clear from the beginning, wouldn't you say?

Well End had no fucking hope of that now did he? I don't believe end really believes in jesus either to be honest.

I am both fascinated and disgusted by human behaviour in equal measure. Leaving christianity has opened me up to experience humans in a  way I was never able to before. Being exposed to human nature has given me a lovely dose of PTSD so I apologise for flying off the handle. I see the world very differently to most and I am easily frustrated by the fact people cannot see what is plain viewing to me.

I'm up for a discussion about genuine love, if anybody is interested.  

I'm not sure where End3 fits into all of this.  I don't think he is trying to lead anybody to Christ.  He is not ready to deconvert but perhaps this community supports him better than any Christian community.  When I first came here I was put off by End's rude streak.  Bhim has found that so we can see what I am talking about.  However End isn't always rude.  He has a kinder side too.  I guess we are all kind of like that.  If we get off on the wrong foot we can be rude or vise versa.  I'm quite sure that End is not wanting to make people believe in Jesus.  It's just from time to time End will post these abstract ideas that leave most of us scratching our heads.  I guess he is trying to work stuff out.  It's not all that different from how I behaved ten years ago.  I can relate.

I'll just drop the genuine part it either is or it isn't.

I consider love to be a deep emotional connection between an individual(s)*

this is displayed through actions over time. It can be both elusive and lasting. *We can be capable of loving just ourselves or many and that all depends on the individuals involved. Love propels us to do things for others we might not even do for ourselves. Love is a commitment. Love hurts,brings joy, and most of all love brings us together even if its just for moments in an elusive wave of time. Love is integral to our lives it motivates us when we are weak and tempers us when we are to strong.

That is love.