Goodbye Jesus

Annoying Things Xtians say

Toxic

"it was people responsible for violence under the name of god, not the bible!" i don't recall a group of atheists blowing themselves up along with dozens of innocents to display our belief in atheism..lol.

No, we just kill other people.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• Lycorth

• AgnosticBob AtheistPants

• I Broke Free

Probably the most annoying thing xians say to me is,

"Hey check out my robot arms !"

They don't just come out and say that first...noooo first they say silly things like,

" Hi how are you? then,

" So what do you do for a living?

Then and only then, when you're relaxed THEN they bring out the robot arms thing !

Why can't they just start with robot arms ?

What's the big deal, what are they worried about?

Do they think it will scare me away?

It's all a bit too bloody inconsistant and deceptive for me !

You must know some weirder than normal Christians (is there such a thing?).

Yeah, just like the robots in cheesy '50s sci-fi flicks. Or like zombies from the same period in filmmaking. A hundred Xian zombies with Babbles in their tattered pockets and arms outstretched, coming right for you!

Sooouuuulllllsssss........

"animals have no emotions" is one i've heard repeatedly from christians.

What's worse...My Atheistic Biology teacher claimed the same, because we can't prove it, so scientifically they have none.

I tried to tell him that with that kind of thinking, it's ok to kidnap a baby from a Chinese person, we can't understand them(at least not without a translator), and there's no way to scientifically prove their tears aere linked to the same same feelings as our tears when the same would happen to us.

He didn't want to get pulled in my arguement and continued the lesson.

He also distributed a newspaper article with so called 'holles in Evolution' (Sloppy Creationist science) and I said that only the abiogenesis arguement held ground, but that that didn't have much to do with the Theory of Evolution. He said I shouldn't say that, and that it was Ok if I thought so, but that he didn't agree...

What's the point of him being Atheist then... :scratch:

Guest jeanine

What's worse...My Atheistic Biology teacher claimed the same, because we can't prove it, so scientifically they have none.

I tried to tell him that with that kind of thinking, it's ok to kidnap a baby from a Chinese person, we can't understand them(at least not without a translator), and there's no way to scientifically prove their tears aere linked to the same same feelings as our tears when the same would happen to us.

He didn't want to get pulled in my arguement and continued the lesson.

He also distributed a newspaper article with so called 'holles in Evolution' (Sloppy Creationist science) and I said that only the abiogenesis arguement held ground, but that that didn't have much to do with the Theory of Evolution. He said I shouldn't say that, and that it was Ok if I thought so, but that he didn't agree...

What's the point of him being Atheist then... :scratch:

pointing out that we don't have every last fact of evolution nailed down is fine as long as one doesn't try to insert a myth as the default in its place. i think there is very good evidence for emotions in complex animals. (all animals are complex...i mean in the relative term...a gorilla is more complex neurologically than an anemone)

Some animals probably do have emotions, and some probably don't. Does a minnow or sea urchin have emotions beyond hunger, which is really not an emotion but instinct? However, some monkeys have learned sign language and have expressed emotional states. Dolphins probably do too. And cats and dogs.

OTOH, I'm not sure if my gecko has any emotions beyond feeling hungry, thirsty, tired, or stressed out at times. It's hard to tell with reptiles.

Anyway, I think it's kind of hard to say that "all animals have emotions" or "no animals have emotions." I think it's somewhere in between.

pointing out that we don't have every last fact of evolution nailed down is fine as long as one doesn't try to insert a myth as the default in its place.

Indeed...But pointing out things that are no arguement at all (We've never seen macro evolution) and not giving one proper lesson on evolution at all... :shrug:

i think there is very good evidence for emotions in complex animals. (all animals are complex...i mean in the relative term...a gorilla is more complex neurologically than an anemone)

Absolutely agreed. :grin:

Some animals probably do have emotions, and some probably don't. Does a minnow or sea urchin have emotions beyond hunger, which is really not an emotion but instinct? However, some monkeys have learned sign language and have expressed emotional states. Dolphins probably do too. And cats and dogs.

And a lot of birds certainly have emotions.

It's hard to tell the exact differnce between emotion and instinct...

Guest jeanine

don't forget elephants...in fact...our understanding of their emotions is imperative due to the increased attacks of humans by elephants. they are actually stealthily stalking and killing villagers, destroying villages...not for food either. anyone who has had a relationship with cats, birds, or dogs cannot deny the emotional nature of these creatures.

You must know some weirder than normal Christians (is there such a thing?).

Either that or I've mistakenly shoved a Sardine in my ear.

Guest celsusthepagan

I've heard and been slightly annoyed by all of the above, but the one that really gets me is "The Bible is God's love letter to mankind." I use this as an indicator of how much the person has actually READ the Bible - the more agreement with the quote, the less a person must have read the thing. Can you imagine a love letter like the Bible?

Dear Humanity,

I wanted the best for you, but somehow I messed up making you and now you have to be tossed from paradise. Oh, and yeah, sorry I had to kill most of you off by drowning - things just weren't going well, you know.

Sweetheart, I've decided to give you arcane laws governing almost all aspects of your life, laws about all sorts of silly and trivial things. I hope you can keep them, because I'll get really ticked off if you don't. By the way, I really don't like it when you mix the milk and the meat - you'll have to get new dishes for that.

Honey, I've decided to choose some of you and not others for my special blessings. Furthermore, I've decided to deploy the chosen ones to kill many of you who are not chosen. Nothing personal. . .you'll understand better someday. It helps if you think more about the chosen people and less about the "not so chosen" ones.

Lovey, I thought it would be nice if I "popped in" on you. What, you weren't expecting me to show up as a peasant from some podunk town called Nazareth? Umm. . .well. . .I left little clues in the rest of my letters that if you really bend and twist, point almost sorta kinda in the direction of what I did. What, you missed all those references? Well, sorry about that. Maybe you should have been reading harder. Anyway, I was pretty ticked about what I saw here and just thought I should tell you that if you don't shape up I'll have no choice but to torture you for all eternity. Again, nothing personal. I just can't stand to see people who don't take me seriously.

Sugar, I decided that I'd pick out a guy with a real chip on his shoulder to "set the world right" on what my visit really meant. Yeah, I know, his take on it does seem very different than what I talked about when I was here, and he seems to disagree a lot with the people that actually followed me around - you all will just have to sort that out among yourselves. Remember that it is very important to get the details right, so don't tolerate anyone who disagrees with you on them.

Dear, I will make a second visit to you very soon. Be ready, and hinge your life on the idea that you don't need to prepare for any kind of future. I'm soon gonna sweep you off your feet and take you away on a permanent vacation to paradise.

Umm. . .unless something comes up and I'm running late. . .remember that my concept of "soon" is a little different than yours. . .

Love, God

Yeah, that is really sappy and annoying.

I also hate it when Christians tell me stories to try and convince me of things. Like, a friend of a friend of a cousin's brother's sister's roommate said his 6-year-old kid saw an angel, so it MUST be true. There is a reason hearsay isn't allowed in courts, and that's because it's simply not proof.

How could I forget this one...

"Marriage is an institution of Gawd!"

WTF? Marriage has existed in virtually all human cultures for thousands of years before Xianity. A marriage is an oath of love and fidelity, usually exclusive in nature, sworn by a couple and usually before witnesses, the whole deal presided over by a significant local figure of some kind. The couple do the marrying, not the local figure (be it priest or justice or sea captain) and certainly not any god. It is an exclusively human institution, made by and for human beings, to serve human needs and interests. No god of any sort figures into it.

I despise when Xians say that their god is responsible for it, as if their god wants people marrying and having sex and not worshipping him. It's another sick attempt to steal something exclusively of human invention and subvert it to the control of their cult.

Probably the most annoying thing xians say to me is,

"Hey check out my robot arms !"

They don't just come out and say that first...noooo first they say silly things like,

" Hi how are you? then,

" So what do you do for a living?

Then and only then, when you're relaxed THEN they bring out the robot arms thing !

Why can't they just start with robot arms ?

What's the big deal, what are they worried about?

Do they think it will scare me away?

It's all a bit too bloody inconsistant and deceptive for me !

OMG LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is freakin hilarious, I almost spewed coke all over the monitor.

OMG LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is freakin hilarious, I almost spewed coke all over the monitor.

Sometimes I feel like the most clueless person on the Earth. I have been reading this thread for days. What the heck is this ”Robot Arms” thing, and why is it so funny? :shrug:

IBF

A statement by Kent Hovind in his Creationism vs Evolution debate:

“The atheist can’t find god for the same reason a thief can’t find a policeman.”

:banghead:

Ignorant, arrogant, self-serving slop.

I can't stand those hoity-toity God Speaks billboards. "Feeling lost? My book is your map... -God"

What pretentious prick took it upon him- or herself to spew the "word of God" on to all who drive by a billboard? If I took out space that said "My favorite fiction book is the Bible... -Joe Atheist" or "Think for yourself instead of reciting a book... -Mr. Reason" the billboard would be torn down in a day. Arrgghh!!!!

Argh! Driving into beautiful St. Louis (well, actually approaching via the road where the oil refineries are), there's this freakishly tall billboard that just says one word: '"JESUS". Nothing about souls or God or anything, just, "JESUS". What the hell is that supposed to mean? I guess they're just betting on the chance that one day I'll be driving down to downtown for another sweeeeeet Stones concert and suddenly be struck with the notion that my life has no meaning, and ask myself, "What's the answer to all this mess?" and just happen at that moment to glance up that that billboard and say, "Jesus! That's it!"

If anyone - anyone - says that to me, especially about my dogs, I will force that person out of my presence at gunpoint. There is absolutely no reason humans are some special animal that earned a soul while my dogs, with their unconditional love and undying loyalty and totally forgiving nature, wouldn't. I'm sorry, but if you really want your ass kicked, trying using it as an excuse to kill, torture, shoot at, or wear the skins/furs of innocent animals (the latter of which usually includes all the former). If anything, animals have bigger, more admirable souls than we do.

Sometimes I feel like the most clueless person on the Earth. I have been reading this thread for days. What the heck is this ”Robot Arms” thing, and why is it so funny? :shrug:

IBF

Hehe, you're not clueless I Broke Free.

It's just me doing what I believe is the only thing I'm really good at, speaking absolute illogical rubbish that makes people laugh. All credit going to the crazy english folk, especially Monty Python.

A few days after I wrote it I was at work thinking the very same thing, why the fuck is it so funny.

And the only answer I can come up with is this.

The connection being when a pastor tells everyone to raise their arms in adoration to gawd, they of course all raise their arms- hence robot arms.

What lurks in the deeper recesses of the human mind, one can only speculate.

Robot Arms?

Thanks Knowmad; that is funny!

I do the "Robot Arms" thing every time I surf past a xtain channel. :woohoo::lmao:

arm_man.jpg

atheist.jpg

:lmao:

I'm SOOOO sad!!!

I wanted to add this about animals not having emotions.

My dog smiles when she is happy. She shows all of her teeth in a smile, wags her tail violently, is a wiggly little thing prancing around the living room.

I looked on line for the cause of smiling dogs since I've never seen a dog do this before (It's actually pretty common). Everything I read said it's a mimic of human facial expressions. However, it's not possible for my dog to be able to mimic facial expressions. She has been blind since birth.

Taph

atheist.jpg

:lmao:

I'm SOOOO sad!!!

:ugh: Such a stupid stereotype. And what about agnostics? Why are we always "seeking" something? I'm not seeking anything in particular because I know I won't find it anywhere -- at least, not in religious cults.

True peace comes from within yourself, not outside, and the mistake cults make is to try and convince people that you need to join the cult to know peace. Given our quick fix society, is it any wonder that so many people think they can only get peace from going to church?

:ugh: Such a stupid stereotype. And what about agnostics? Why are we always "seeking" something? I'm not seeking anything in particular because I know I won't find it anywhere -- at least, not in religious cults.

True peace comes from within yourself, not outside, and the mistake cults make is to try and convince people that you need to join the cult to know peace. Given our quick fix society, is it any wonder that so many people think they can only get peace from going to church?

Which of course is related to how many cats one runs over whilst going to church.

Surely someone, especially in America, has started a Running Over Cats Church.

You spend your whole week going places, running over as many cats as possible,

then come once a week you go to the ROCC to pay homage to the likes of Henry Ford etc

and to the person who invented cats and of course to whoever invented the dunny.

I strongly suggest that every religion should pay tribute to the inventor of the dunny.

LOL re robot arms. If those silly Jovees ever visit my door again I'm going to ask all sorts of questions about their robot arms.

Then I'm going to accuse them of being aliens because they refuse to sit down when we chat.

I wanted to add this about animals not having emotions.

My dog smiles when she is happy. She shows all of her teeth in a smile, wags her tail violently, is a wiggly little thing prancing around the living room.

I looked on line for the cause of smiling dogs since I've never seen a dog do this before (It's actually pretty common). Everything I read said it's a mimic of human facial expressions. However, it's not possible for my dog to be able to mimic facial expressions. She has been blind since birth.

Taph

I saw something recently that now they think when a dog pants, it's laughing...