Goodbye Jesus

Annoying Things Xtians say

Toxic

"The Bible is Kosher!" (?) - This is what a fundy acquantence said to me when I told them my girlfriend was jewish. :twitch:

Goodbye Jesus
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amethyst

• Lycorth

• AgnosticBob AtheistPants

• I Broke Free

"Did you ask jesus into your heart"

This was actually asked of me by a 40 something year old, 16 month christian, on fire for da lawd, considering ministry.

Background- I still attend for my wife but have been apostate for almost two years. This happened about a year ago.

Luckily, we were both diverted in different directions, otherwise I might have replied

"Yes I did asshole, ya think while he's there he can check for blockage due to cholesterol???

Dan

:ugh: Such a stupid stereotype. And what about agnostics? Why are we always "seeking" something? I'm not seeking anything in particular because I know I won't find it anywhere -- at least, not in religious cults.

True peace comes from within yourself, not outside, and the mistake cults make is to try and convince people that you need to join the cult to know peace. Given our quick fix society, is it any wonder that so many people think they can only get peace from going to church?

Xians like to focus on the worst representatives of free-thinking religious philosophies, like grumpy athiests or confused agnostic, because it reinforces their point, that without selling your soul to Jesus, you have no peace or happiness.

When I was Xian, I did the same. I focused like a laser beam on the examples that best proved how wicked being non-xian is. It's because I believed so strongly I let my emotions overwhelm my reason; I did the same also when I was a White Supremacist, and used to emphasize bad examples of non-whites, like black gangsters or Mexican border-jumpers who turn to lives of crime in the US. While these examples were true, there were also many examples of blacks and Mexicans who asipre to honesty, behave well, and live decent lives. It was examples like those that helped me finally drop the swastika for good, just like the many examples of happy and well-balanced religious freethinkers helped me to see why I should drop the cross as well.

I have never felt so free, but that's beside the point. People who let their causes or holy wars overwhelm their emotions will always make stupid remarks like this, and will counteract the peace they supposedly seek so badly. Be it religious reasons, racial reasons, enviromental reasons, political reasons, or whatever, the moment we let our own good sense be overridden by propaganda and emotionalizing, the ignorance of human society will just continue to thrive.

:ugh: Such a stupid stereotype. And what about agnostics? Why are we always "seeking" something? I'm not seeking anything in particular because I know I won't find it anywhere -- at least, not in religious cults.

True peace comes from within yourself, not outside, and the mistake cults make is to try and convince people that you need to join the cult to know peace. Given our quick fix society, is it any wonder that so many people think they can only get peace from going to church?

Xians like to focus on the worst representatives of free-thinking religious philosophies, like grumpy athiests or confused agnostic, because it reinforces their point, that without selling your soul to Jesus, you have no peace or happiness.

When I was Xian, I did the same. I focused like a laser beam on the examples that best proved how wicked being non-xian is. It's because I believed so strongly I let my emotions overwhelm my reason; I did the same also when I was a White Supremacist, and used to emphasize bad examples of non-whites, like black gangsters or Mexican border-jumpers who turn to lives of crime in the US. While these examples were true, there were also many examples of blacks and Mexicans who asipre to honesty, behave well, and live decent lives. It was examples like those that helped me finally drop the swastika for good, just like the many examples of happy and well-balanced religious freethinkers helped me to see why I should drop the cross as well.

I have never felt so free, but that's beside the point. People who let their causes or holy wars overwhelm their emotions will always make stupid remarks like this, and will counteract the peace they supposedly seek so badly. Be it religious reasons, racial reasons, enviromental reasons, political reasons, or whatever, the moment we let our own good sense be overridden by propaganda and emotionalizing, the ignorance of human society will just continue to thrive.

Fascinating! (First post, hey all...)

So you did the same thing in both Christian in WS circles? That's quite interesting... I'm always trying to find out why people believe(d) what they believe(d), and I have to say thats the first time I've seen a direct comparison in the way of thinking of Christians (fundies anyways) and White Supremacists. Kudos to you on letting reason rule. :woohoo:

Fascinating! (First post, hey all...)

So you did the same thing in both Christian in WS circles? That's quite interesting... I'm always trying to find out why people believe(d) what they believe(d), and I have to say thats the first time I've seen a direct comparison in the way of thinking of Christians (fundies anyways) and White Supremacists. Kudos to you on letting reason rule. :woohoo:

Hi, Ember - and welcome :)

One thing WSs and fundy Xians have in common is that they are ideologically-driven. Their beliefs are what they are; without the things they hold dear, they are nothing. Life is not simply to be lived, it is to be lived a certain way at all times, or else dire consequences are right around the corner - and there are no shortage of enemies waiting to befoul you simply because you are on the "right side".

I used to be very ideologically-driven. Nowadays, I relax more and while there are of course basic tenents I hold to, I do not do so with nearly the same rigidity and blinded passion I used to display. I've gotten over my need to define myself apart from society by a whole system of beliefs which I defend to the death; I am content to live, and perhaps do a bit of good here and there, and that's enough for me. And it's a great feeling; it's nice to finally be able to live my life and not feel as if I'm not making the most of every second because I'm not praying or trying to influence people, etc.

Thanks for the kudos, and welcome again!

Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven.

Translation

How dare you question me! Can’t you see I’m not through judging you yet?

*sings in a high pitched voice* Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so

Annoying things christians* say...? Just about anything...

*Note: By christians, I mean the "in your face, I'm right even when I'm wrong, how dare you question God (them :shrug: ), shut up and listen to me" kind of christians.

Another thing that xians say that annoys the crap out of me is,

" Excuse me or hi or um, how much for that electronic keyboard?"

Why do they insist on asking such stupid questions?

Now I admit that they rarely ask this of me, and to be more precise they only ask me this when I have a stall at the sunday markets and I'm actually selling an electronic keyboard.

Bit it still annoys the fuck outa me !

Why can't they all just fuck off and leave me alone.

Come to think of it even further, I'm not even sure if they were christians, even so it's a stupid question and yes they should just fuck off.

I mean how many times must I say to people, "No, that's not for sale"

To which they ask, "Then why is it on the table?"

Where I reply with, "OMG How should I know stop bothering me I'm busy !"

Man I hate the markets, they're so confusing.

The one time I had someone witness to me, using the technique I was well versed in, started with, "Let me kick it down to you." And not just at the begining, but throughout the whole damn thing, probably like 5 or 6 times. WTF? Granted, we were both high school age, but that just makes you sound like a dumbass. I hate it when people try to make witnessing "cool." It doesn't work, don't even try.

I've also known them to try to make witnessing funny, saying things like "how odd of God to choose the Jews!" - like this is supposed to be amusing. I split my sides.

For some reason this reminded me of my Xtian days about sixteen years ago, when I worked in the warehouse of a major life insurance company; I worked with a guy who was a pure heathen, and the company courier, who dropped things off to us every day, was a raving charismatic. Well one day charismatic asks heathen a mundane question about Christmas, gets a mundane answer, and uses it as a springboard to launch into a 'true meaning of Christmas' sermon that started with Genesis 1:1 - 45 minutes later he had gotten as far as Noah and the flood, the whole time heathen stealing 'can't you stop him?' glances at me, getting more and more embarassed until, when the guy finally stopped for breath, my heathen friend excused himself to use the bathroom. That was the strangest witnessing scenario I have ever seen, even as a fundie it seemed very off the deep end.

bdp