Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

One thing is certainly true. When an Xtian is talking Xtianspeak, we get no clue as to who he/she really is. it is as if a robot is speaking. bill

Keeping this site online isn't free, so we need your support! Make a one-time donation or choose one of the recurrent patron options by clicking here.

Thumbelina wrote...

"Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I
observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if
that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a
wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that."

What we see and experience in your posts Thumbelina is that you are NOT a loving and merciful person, like the God you claim to believe in.

We can't get to know God personally by being taught about him by you.  We need come to know God personally by experiencing his love for us, expressed thru your love and compassion for us.  

But you come across as an unloving, merciless tyrant.

Therefore, the God we see at work in your life and expressed in your actions must also be an unloving, merciless tyrant.  How strange that you wouldn't believe in such a God - when that's exactly the way you act towards us!  In the four years or so you've been among us we haven't seen nor experienced such a loving God working thru you.  You haven't shown him to us in your actions or your attitudes. 

So what are we to do?

Until we see some evidence of this wonderful God working thru you, no amount of teaching, lecturing, correcting, scolding, taunting and teasing by you will ever work.

In fact, the more you persist and insist that we must be taught by you, the more you push us away from God.

• Like 2

One thing is certainly true. When an Xtian is talking Xtianspeak, we get no clue as to who he/she really is. it is as if a robot is speaking. bill

Because she herself does not know who she is...her personality is all covered up in religion.

If I had found this forum some ten years ago, I might have sounded pretty much like her. It would not have been possible otherwise. And I would not have seen what people here see when she posts. Religion makes you blind for everything real. Sad but true.

That is, why it hurts so much, leaving this crap behind. Because you realize you have no clue who you are and have to reclaim yourself in every single area of life.

• Like 1

Thumbelina wrote...

"Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if
that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a
wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that."

Please take careful note Thumbelina.

You are convinced that unbelievers like us have the wrong concept of God.

You say that this error is a result of us being taught wrongly about God.

You are sorry for us that we don't see God as you do.

Therefore, you plan to teach us the right concept of God, so that we will see God as you do?

Sorry!  But that's not going to happen!  PageofCupsNono.gif

Years ago it was pointed out to you that the purpose of this forum was to act as a resource for those leaving Christianity. Therefore, any teaching about Christ, Christianity and the Christian God directly contradicts and undermines that purpose.  So, let me refresh your memory on the subject of teaching.

You can debate and evangelize in the Den, but... you are absolutely forbidden to teach!  PageofCupsNono.gif 

You are our equal here, not our teacher.  Nor are we your students.  

You will treat us with the common respect you should give your equals and you will not talk down to us, scold us, chide us, taunt and tease us.  In future, if we detect even the slightest sign that you are teaching or that you are showing insufficient respect to anyone else, we won't hesitate to lodge a formal complaint about you with the Moderators.

You have already been confined to the Den by them because they consider you a threat to others.  Your stubborn refusal to comply with even the least of their polite requests hasn't exactly endeared you to them and their patience with you is no doubt wearing very thin.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AND WE ARE WATCHING YOUR EVERY MOVE...!

"Because she herself does not know who she is...her personality is all covered up in religion." moanareina

Yeah, in other words she is speaking for another person(god) who she pretends she knows. "Deny yourself" and "pick up your cross and follow me." That's actually a pretty good description of what has happened, except the "me" she follows is not real. She has denied herself and gotten nothing real in return.  bill

• Like 1

Because she herself does not know who she is...her personality is all covered up in religion.

If I had found this forum some ten years ago, I might have sounded pretty much like her. It would not have been possible otherwise. And I would not have seen what people here see when she posts. Religion makes you blind for everything real. Sad but true.

That is, why it hurts so much, leaving this crap behind. Because you realize you have no clue who you are and have to reclaim yourself in every single area of life.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if, in ten years, Thumbelina deconverts from her brand of Christianity (whatever that may be) and returns to us, confused and feeling hurt after the house of cards that is her religion comes down around her. At the moment, I can't imagine that happening and it's difficult to imagine what Thumbelina would become afterwards. Maybe she would finally be able to understand why we acted the way we did in response to the things she posted pre-deconversion.

What I can imagine is how we would react if that were to happen. At first, we'd be surprised that Thumbelina was no longer a believer, but we'd be more understanding of her situation and more welcoming than the people in any Christian forum would be.

• Like 1

It must become tiresome to continually have to pump yourself up with Jesus talk. Year after year after year. And get zero in return.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see what would happen if, in ten years, Thumbelina deconverts from her brand of Christianity (whatever that may be) and returns to us, confused and feeling hurt after the house of cards that is her religion comes down around her. At the moment, I can't imagine that happening and it's difficult to imagine what Thumbelina would become afterwards. Maybe she would finally be able to understand why we acted the way we did in response to the things she posted pre-deconversion.

What I can imagine is how we would react if that were to happen. At first, we'd be surprised that Thumbelina was no longer a believer, but we'd be more understanding of her situation and more welcoming than the people in any Christian forum would be.

This would only happen, if she was real. If her seeking God was real and honest. If it is, there might follow a few years of weird believes going from one concept to another but eventually she would see how empty it all is and how God is still as distant as he ever was, that she had not really found and gotten to know him...that all she has is knowledge ABOUT him (or so called knowledge she collected through the bible, theology and psychological experiences through praying and worship etc.) that she was confusing with knowing him. No one knows if that will happen but if it is there sure will be open arms here for her...because we all know how difficult it is to go through it all. And I do wish for her that this happens but that is up to her. If it happens it must happen on her schedule, no one forcing anything...no convincing no teaching nothing. Just her, realizing that her aims where pointed nowhere. And till then...Whatever. It is her life.

• Like 1