Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

• Super Moderator

I see no redeeming traits in the one known as "Thumbelina." There hasn't been an actual conversation in four years, but we have seen plenty of Bible verses we already know. I have tried, but I have no further interest in this uncommunicative robot. Do as thou wilt.

People need to realize God's motto is unity in diversity while we still abide by His comprehensive moral law. A law which is summed up as love God & love thy neighbor as thyself.

I thought that your god's motto was, "Love me and make me the center of your life or else I'll punish you in some horrific, unimaginable way".

You talk about a moral law that is summed up as, "love God & love thy neighbor as thyself", but you serve and try to sell us a god that uses extortion to get people to do what he wants. So much for love, eh?

• Like 1

"Militant atheist trolls" made me laugh a bit.

I'm trying to visualise what they would look like. zDuivel2.gif

"And today in Kabul, militant atheist trolls seized control of ...." - ok maybe not...Hey, I know,

"And today in Los Angeles, militant atheist trolls seized control of the Christian book aisle at Barnes and Noble, hiding the newest Christian apologetic books in other areas of the store."

• Like 2

God shared his motto(?) with her so she must be fer real. Wonder what his pet peeve is?

God shared his motto(?) with her so she must be fer real. Wonder what his pet peeve is?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say "Lions who tell Thumby to fuck off".

Though I do wish that more Christians would engage, Thumby's interactions here are not worth anybody's time.

• Like 3

Though I do wish that more Christians would engage, Thumby's interactions here are not worth anybody's time.

Well it is everybody who engages in this thread who values his time to this interactions with thumby...really, I wonder why people continue to post here...there must be something to it, something you get from it. Otherwise, why not just leave it?

Well it is everybody who engages in this thread who values his time to this interactions with thumby...really, I wonder why people continue to post here...there must be something to it, something you get from it. Otherwise, why not just leave it?

Just leaving and ignoring Thumbelina (who is a she, btw) would be the ideal solution, Moanareina.

The problem with doing that however, is that there are always newbies joining up who are totally ignorant of her.

Also, there are the lurkers... an unknown number of whom carefully watch what goes on in this forum.  We (those who actively engage with her) have a duty of care to both groups.  

Perhaps it'd help to think about the role of the Patriotic Guard, when they stand between the Westboro nutjobs and the grieving families of our fallen servicemen and women?  The members of the Guard don't have to do this, but because they are people of good conscience who want to protect the vulnerable from the venom of evil-doers, they do something, rather than standing back and doing nothing.

So it is with us and Thumbelina.

We could do nothing.  But because we've seen ample evidence that she's a 3-D religious fanatic (Delusional, Dysfunctional & Dangerous) we choose to do something.  You'll note that both Florduh and Buffetphan have both washed their hands of her in disgust, but their hands are tied by the forum guidelines.  Until and unless she breaches those guidelines, they're powerless to ban her.  Apart from abusing a newbie some years ago, she's done nothing wrong.  She can't be banned for simply being offensive, intolerant, bigoted, obsessive and fanatical and she's smart enough not to earn the ban hammer.

Which leave us with the unpalatable, but necessary task of responding to her posts.

We do so to show the lurkers and the newbies that her behavior is totally un-Christian, intolerant and uncharitable, selfish, domineering and vindictive.  We draw attention to the mismatch between her talk of a loving God and the extremely un-loving behavior she displays here.  If God is love, why don't we see that in the way she behaves towards us?  So we hope that the lurkers and newbies will see her for what she really is - a Law-obsessed Pharisee who uses scripture only to judge, condemn and hurt those who don't fall into line.  We hope they'll see that she should be avoided at all costs and that nothing she writes should be heeded or paid attention to.

Does this help explain why some of us engage with her?

Thanks,

BAA

• Like 3

For me posting in the Lion's Den is about having a chance to address the kind of crap I was fed my whole life.  Sure I can't go back and talk to my original Sunday school teachers but when mindless lemmings show up spouting nearly the same ideas I get to say why it isn't true without being penalized.  It isn't particularly challenging but I shouldn't have been shipped off the Vacation Bible School for brainwashing when I was 11.

• Like 1

Yes BA, I am aware that thumbelina is a she, not sure why you point that out to me.

Now, when I read thumbelinas posts I can't help myself but hear them in a very dumb Donald Duck kinda voice...so I would say, her ignorance is actually exposed by herself already. Since this is her thread I can't see the point of exposing her. By engaging with her, you give her the attention she is seeking. Especially when it is a thread she started.

And mymistake I understand your need to address the crap you where fed your whole life. But...do mindless lemmings listen and care about what you want to tell them? Lemmings who think they have a message to bring to you instead of wanting to learn something from others?

Now of course I don't really care what you all do :-). It is just when people state that it is a waste of time to engage with someone I think, why then do you engage? Obviously I was not talking about you BA or you mymistake because you have not said so.

Cheers!

Now, when I read thumbelinas posts I can't help myself but hear them in a very dumb Donald Duck kinda voice...

That is a good idea.  I can't unsee.

And mymistake I understand your need to address the crap you where fed your whole life. But...do mindless lemmings listen and care about what you want to tell them? Lemmings who think they have a message to bring to you instead of wanting to learn something from others?

Oh I don't expect the Christians to learn from me.  I say these things just so that I can say them.  Occasionally there are other ex-C readers who find my comments helpful.  That is a wonderful coincidence when it happens but my main reason for posting in the Lion's Den is my own benefit.  I needed to oppose the theology.

Goodness, when I'm terse you guys sure misunderstand me. I had stuff to do yesterday & cuz of you guys I didn't finish yet. What I said in The OP I meant, you guys did help me out in the time I've been here, albeit not in the way you would like. These past months I've been comparing many of you on here with my detractors & I was thinking that atheists (some) can be nicer than some brethren, I was missing sparring with you guys when I came back on here. I was sorta traumatized by some of my brethren but they did not follow biblical protocol. I am busy, therefore I can't spend much time posting like I used to but I do like to pop in from time to time. I did want to write something to you guys (it's been a long time pending) but I don't know how.

…me…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…me…

…I've…

…I've…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…my…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…I…

…I…

Ms. "ME, ME, ME" reappears.

• Like 2

"Saying God doesn't exist is worse than criticizing Him. In essence, I'm

mitigating the offense" wink.png Thumbelina

Is your god an egomaniac? If I don't believe in him after 45+years of good faith effort and if he is a good, forgiving god as you say, 

why doe he not make himself known to me? After all, most of my life I have tried to make myself known to him. How about some reciprocity?  bill

No He is not. Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if

that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a

wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that.

How many times have I heard that faith comes from reading and hearing God!  But that is really wrong because you are saying that by Reading the Bible you can hear God.  Therefore No Bible == No God?  Because If as all Christians say that faith comes from the word of God well then God only exists in the Bible otherwise we would not need the word for us to know a God Exists.

Simply

If God Exists Then

(Everyone Would Know)

Else If Bible Exists AND Is Read Then

(Christians Believe God Exist)

Else If Bible Exists and Is Not Read Then

(God Does not Exist)

End If

• Like 2

You know. themonkeyman, in a sense Thumbelina is right, but certainly not in the way she thought. She uses the bible quote which says: "Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the

Word of God." Despite the poor wording, it is taken to mean that one gets faith through

hearing (or reading) scripture. And hearing and reading and hearing and reading-----. I

agree in the sense that one can brainwash himself by reading and reading

and rereading scripture, believing it's true irrespective of the evidence. That is why

the bible says that. It will work reading whether reading the literature of Islam, Judaism, Catholicism, fundamentalism, Mao's little red book, the principles of the Klu klux

Klan and any other nonsense you can name. And so the question is what's the point? One

proves nothing by citing that formula for brainwashing. bill

I've seen brief glimpses over the years of a real person inside that god-bot. None in Thumby 2.0.

"Saying God doesn't exist is worse than criticizing Him. In essence, I'm

mitigating the offense" wink.png Thumbelina

Is your god an egomaniac? If I don't believe in him after 45+years of good faith effort and if he is a good, forgiving god as you say, 

why doe he not make himself known to me? After all, most of my life I have tried to make myself known to him. How about some reciprocity?  bill

No He is not. Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if

that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a

wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that.

How many times have I heard that faith comes from reading and hearing God!  But that is really wrong because you are saying that by Reading the Bible you can hear God.  Therefore No Bible == No God?  Because If as all Christians say that faith comes from the word of God well then God only exists in the Bible otherwise we would not need the word for us to know a God Exists.

Simply

If God Exists Then

(Everyone Would Know)

Else If Bible Exists AND Is Read Then

(Christians Believe God Exist)

Else If Bible Exists and Is Not Read Then

(God Does not Exist)

End If

I like that .Net rendition. :-)

Goodness, when I'm terse you guys sure misunderstand me. I had stuff to do yesterday & cuz of you guys I didn't finish yet. What I said in The OP I meant, you guys did help me out in the time I've been here, albeit not in the way you would like. These past months I've been comparing many of you on here with my detractors & I was thinking that atheists (some) can be nicer than some brethren, I was missing sparring with you guys when I came back on here. I was sorta traumatized by some of my brethren but they did not follow biblical protocol. I am busy, therefore I can't spend much time posting like I used to but I do like to pop in from time to time. I did want to write something to you guys (it's been a long time pending) but I don't know how.

Blame your not finishing your stuff on us.... :-)

Just leaving and ignoring Thumbelina (who is a she, btw) would be the ideal solution, Moanareina.

The problem with doing that however, is that there are always newbies joining up who are totally ignorant of her.

Also, there are the lurkers... an unknown number of whom carefully watch what goes on in this forum.  We (those who actively engage with her) have a duty of care to both groups.  

Perhaps it'd help to think about the role of the Patriotic Guard, when they stand between the Westboro nutjobs and the grieving families of our fallen servicemen and women?  The members of the Guard don't have to do this, but because they are people of good conscience who want to protect the vulnerable from the venom of evil-doers, they do something, rather than standing back and doing nothing.

So it is with us and Thumbelina.

We could do nothing.  But because we've seen ample evidence that she's a 3-D religious fanatic (Delusional, Dysfunctional & Dangerous) we choose to do something.  You'll note that both Florduh and Buffetphan have both washed their hands of her in disgust, but their hands are tied by the forum guidelines.  Until and unless she breaches those guidelines, they're powerless to ban her.  Apart from abusing a newbie some years ago, she's done nothing wrong.  She can't be banned for simply being offensive, intolerant, bigoted, obsessive and fanatical and she's smart enough not to earn the ban hammer.

Which leave us with the unpalatable, but necessary task of responding to her posts.

We do so to show the lurkers and the newbies that her behavior is totally un-Christian, intolerant and uncharitable, selfish, domineering and vindictive.  We draw attention to the mismatch between her talk of a loving God and the extremely un-loving behavior she displays here.  If God is love, why don't we see that in the way she behaves towards us?  So we hope that the lurkers and newbies will see her for what she really is - a Law-obsessed Pharisee who uses scripture only to judge, condemn and hurt those who don't fall into line.  We hope they'll see that she should be avoided at all costs and that nothing she writes should be heeded or paid attention to.

Does this help explain why some of us engage with her?

Thanks,

BAA

No one is making anyone respond to her that is choice. I find that while idiots don't go away if you ignore them they do find someone else to annoy if you are no longer a juicy target.

I think she is funny and cliche. She makes it so much easier to point out to some of the confused here what you can end up looking like if you close your mind like a shriveled grape.

So you'll forgive your erring brethren for hurting you IF they follow Biblical protocol, Thumbelina?

Or perhaps not even then?

Is that what Jesus would have done and what he commanded his followers to do?

Yes, I think this post gives us a very clear view of the true nature of Thumbelina's "Christianity".

Don't... forgive your enemies unless they abide by her take on scriptural protocol.

Do... as the Pharisees did and put scripture above showing compassion to others.

• Like 2

Oh and btw Thumbelina, would you please tell us if you're a Seventh Day Adventist or not?

If she answers today, I'd be very surprised.  It's taboo with conservative adventists (which is what I assume thumby is) being that this is in the middle of the jewish sabbath.

PS:  Yes, it's that way in sda households.  I'm going to work in a few minutes and it's still got that nagging feeling.  Oh well, stopping by Tim's for a ham and cheese sandwich before I go (ham = unclean in SDA).

PS:  Yes, it's that way in sda households.  I'm going to work in a few minutes and it's still got that nagging feeling.  Oh well, stopping by Tim's for a ham and cheese sandwich before I go (ham = unclean in SDA).

How about BACON!