Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

I did want to come on here an wrestle with the lions a bit but I have a lot going on; I can't atm. I'm bumping this thread before it expires. It shows that I think about you guys. Hope you dare devils (it's unsafe to be without God wink.png ) are Ok.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/one-dead-after-car-loses-control-crashes-into-side-of-southern-dallas-church-friday-afternoon.html/

If Christianity didn't exist then the driver of this car might still be alive today. :-) lol.

"Hope you dare devils (it's unsafe to be without God wink.png ) are Ok."  Thumbelina

Do you hope we are ok? Against god's wishes?  That's blasphemy!                  bill

"Hope you dare devils (it's unsafe to be without God wink.png ) are Ok."  Thumbelina

Do you hope we are ok? Against god's wishes?  That's blasphemy!                  bill

She hopes devils are ok...omg!!!  haha

• 1 month later...
  • Super Moderator

Thread unlocked at Thumbelina's request. Enjoy!

Time to sharpen claws and get the A1 sauce ready... 

lion-eating1.jpg

Time to sharpen claws and get the A1 sauce ready... 

lion-eating1.jpg

What God did for Daniel He can do for me I guess tongue.png

Daniel wasn't afraid to voice out his religion.  What denomination are you?

A simple question for you to respond to you whenever you return, Thumbelina.

Hebrews 11:1, KJV.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Is there any need for such faith, when the evidence of something is plainly in front of us and easily seen?

Thanks,

BAA.

p.s.

Please note that there's nothing nasty about it.  It won't hurt you to answer it truthfully.  

(Bump!)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 1 anonymous users

Thumby... your cloaking device isn't working, we know you're here zDuivel7.gif

The enthusiasm will fade once everybody else remembers that Thumbelina does not say anything with substance.

• Like 1

She seems to have developed a harder edge during her last absence.

What do you mean, Par? As a Christian we are supposed to self evaluate so feedback from you is welcomed.

What do you mean, Par? As a Christian we are supposed to self evaluate so feedback from you is welcomed.

How far back are you reading, Thumby?  How about some new content to resuscitate this old thread?

• Super Moderator

Thumperina, perhaps you could clear up an argument we've been having in your absence.  None of our resident apologists seem to be able to provide a suitable answer.  However, someone like you, god's beloved child and the chosen servant of the most high, should be able to speak to us from the very mind of god concerning the issue at hand.  The trouble we've been having concerns slavery in the bible.  Not only does your god allow it, he actually makes laws that justify it.  Now, of course, slavery is a detestable idea to us godless heathens; but you christians seem to be perfectly okay with it, even reveling in your justification of it.  Tell us, please, Thumperina, why did your blood-thirsty, genocidal, god command that slaves be taken?  And, if you would be so kind, explain how such a commandment was justifiable.  Again, I am absolutely positive that we will get an answer from you that will satisfy our curiosity, given that you are god's beloved and all.

• Like 3

• Super Moderator

Still waiting on those mud wrestling pics.......

I can't wait to be blessed by Thumbelina's words about slavery.  I need to stock up on popcorn for the ensuing message. 

You're a bit more preachy and a lot less fun. I realize it's a hostile audience but hey, you picked us.

Your chances of winning over any of us is nil, so why not enjoy some real conversation with the natives.

And send Florduh those pictures.

You're a bit more preachy and a lot less fun. I realize it's a hostile audience but hey, you picked us.

Your chances of winning over any of us is nil, so why not enjoy some real conversation with the natives.

And send Florduh those pictures.

What?  Share them here!  Be proud of those sexy pics!  They may win us over!

m'kaaaayyyy!!!!!

Settle down gentlemen.  She's probably going to post pics of her prophet:

egw.jpg

I did want to come on here an wrestle with the lions a bit but I have a lot going on; I can't atm. I'm bumping this thread before it expires. It shows that I think about you guys. Hope you dare devils (it's unsafe to be without God wink.png ) are Ok.

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2014/05/one-dead-after-car-loses-control-crashes-into-side-of-southern-dallas-church-friday-afternoon.html/

If Christianity didn't exist then the driver of this car might still be alive today. :-) lol.

Oh really? If Christianity didn't exist, there still might have been a building there. It could have been a homeless shelter or a soup kitchen instead. The driver may still have crashed their car into that building and died.

And... poof she's gone again.  MM was right, nothing worthwhile to say.  jesus.gif

• Like 1

Number of days since the thread was unlocked without Thumby posting anything of substance:     5

Wendyshrug.gif

• Like 1

This is bogus.  

What was the point of asking for special treatment (i.e. reopening this thread) when you had nothing to say?  

As I mentioned before, you could have started a new thread... but then again, you would have to have a topic, or something to discuss.   

LAME.

• Like 2

xtify,

If you're puzzled and irritated by Thumbelina's behaviour, here's some info about her that'll help you appreciate just how dysfunctional a person we're dealing with here.

1. The Issue of Giving Trust : Part 1.

She's extremely secretive about herself and never answers any questions about herself, her personal life or which church she is affiliated to.  She finds it next to impossible to extend any measure of trust to another person, either in person or online.  Her recent dealings with a 'slandering clique' within her church will probably reinforce that mindset, driving her still deeper into her self-righteous, self-justifying mistrust of others.

If you take a look at what she said about this episode (see post # 18 of 'How God's Revelation Works In A Relationship) she writes that trust builds relationships.  The very next sentence is about trusting God.  But she's completely missed the point and failed to learn from this experience!  If trust builds relationships, the relationship she needs to re-build is the one she ought to have with the people in that clique the very one's who slandered her.

The next moves is hers.

She needs to forgive them and re-build a trusting relationship with them.  It's not up to them to begin building this bridge - it's up to her.  But look at her reaction to these events.  She partook of Christ's suffering (so she got closer to God, not the people who wronged her) and she uses a broadly-smiling icon when writing how their slander backfired on them.  There's that self-righteous, self-justifying mistrust of others again!  With added smugness too.

2. Her Loathing of This World and This Life.

She's on record as declaring that she hates this world. 

If you've read enough of her posts (and I have), you'd see how this negativity colors her views on every aspect of human life. She thinks that a newborn babe's first cry is a wail of spiritual pain and anguish.  Why?  Because it (spiritually) recognizes that it's been born into a sin-filled world of suffering.   Sad, isn't it?  Thumbelina's loathing of this world taints even her view of childbirth - something that you, me and almost everyone else finds wonderful, beautiful and precious.

Her negativity even extends to a mild disgust of God's current, sin-tainted heaven.

"Our sins are recorded in heaven and sin (the transgression of God's Law) did begin there, so pristine heaven was tainted so God permitted freedom of choice."  (Which is why God will create a New Heaven for his children, btw.)  

3. The Issue of Giving Trust : Part 2.

Not long after she joined Ex-C she let slip that she's a very, shy and introverted person who finds it difficult to relate to people outside of a church environment, on a face-to-face basis.  Her recent post shows us that over the years, nothing has really changed.  Her natural self is cautious and introverted.  She says that she's weary of people, but the word she meant to type was, 'wary'. This wariness prevents her from reaching out to other human beings in trust.

She did so...tentatively ...to par4dcourse, asking him about this 'harder edge' he said she'd developed.

(See post # 211, this thread)  She trusted him to give her some serious feedback, but once again her trust was met with resistance, crudity and scoffing.  And she'll have none of that!

Interestingly enough, she desperately wants us to take her seriously, yet she reserves the right to taunt and tease us when it suits her.  Yet another example of her asymmetric and dysfunctional understanding of 'trusting' relationships.  She just can't see that it's not ok for her to tease us and still expect us to listen to her respectfully and trustingly.  The level playing field of equal relationships amongst equals, seems to escape her.

4. Why Is Thumbelina Confined to the Lion's Den?

She wronged and abused a newbie by breaching the confidentiality of the Testimony section.

She lifted confidential and private information out of that section and used it elsewhere in a misguided attempt to evangelize to that newbie.  To be fair, she didn't know that doing this was wrong, but when her misdeed was pointed out - her reaction was most informative.

At first she just couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

Then she couldn't see how her actions could be construed as wrongdoing.  Then, having been made aware of exactly how she hurt others, she had to be pressed to apologize to them.  There was no move on her part to build bridges or reach out in trust to the injured parties. 

And recently we've seen a reverse situation in her own church.

She was wronged by that slanderous clique.  Will she forgive them?  Will she reach out to them in trust?  Will she make the first move to re-establish a proper relationship?  I wonder.

What do you think, xtify?

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 2

"she uses a broadly-smiling icon when writing how their slander backfired on them.  There's that self-righteous, self-justifying mistrust of others again!  With added smugness too."

BAA, I noticed that too.  I haven't been here very long, so I don't know what she was like before, but I did notice the vengefulness and paranoia of that post.  

"Her negativity even extends to a mild disgust of God's current, sin-tainted heaven.

"Our sins are recorded in heaven and sin (the transgression of God's Law) did begin there, so pristine heaven was tainted so God permitted freedom of choice."  (Which is why God will create a New Heaven for his children, btw.)"

And she knows this how?

"She did so...tentatively ...to par4dcourse, asking him about this 'harder edge' he said she'd developed.

(See post # 211, this thread)  She trusted him to give her some serious feedback, but once again her trust was met with resistance, crudity and scoffing.  And she'll have none of that!"

Seems to me like a bit of a cyber-crush there with Par.  Maybe the lard put it on her heart to target him specifically.

"Interestingly enough, she desperately wants us to take her seriously, yet she reserves the right to taunt and tease uswhen it suits her.  Yet another example of her asymmetric and dysfunctional understanding of 'trusting' relationships.  She just can't see that it's not ok for her to tease us and still expect us to listen to her respectfully and trustingly.  The level playing field of equal relationships amongst equals, seems to escape her."

If she had something to say it would be easier to take her seriously.  However, even if she did, how can she expect that an ex-christian website would be a place for a believer to receive validation?  Maybe she should join christianmingle already and be done with it.

"She was wronged by that slanderous clique.  Will she forgive them?  Will she reach out to them in trust?  Will she make the first move to re-establish a proper relationship?  I wonder."

Well, she has to if she doesn't want JC to reject her at the pearly gates.  And she better repent of her sanctimonious vengefullness, because god hates people like the Pharisees.  Or, she could scrap the whole religious thing and learn what freedom actually means.