Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

• Super Moderator

See what I mean, folks?

All of you are wrong and Thumbelina is right. 

Well, I had the holy spirit guiding me for thirty years.  If I'm wrong and thumperina is right, then that means the holy spirit led me astray and therefore god is not omniscient.  I'm okay with thumperina being right, so long as she is willing to admit that god was wrong when he instructed me.

Besides, I don't need to be right in order for thumperina to be wrong.

Btw Jesus did have female disciples

Which one of his 12 disciples here are female then?

simon
James
John 
Andrew
Philip
Nathanael
Thomas
Matthew
James 
Jude 
Simon
Judas

Thumbelina, whats the point of you being here, stopping by if you are not here to have a discussion. I mean, there is always something to learn, even with people who disagree with you. As I said, I don't mind someone disagreeing with me, but to me it looks like you just want to be fluffy bunny sunny happy whatever Thumbelina distributing sunshine and Jesus etc. not realizing how hollow you sound. If you would get this, you would appear more mature and there would be no need of you to go into insensitive mode because no one would tell you something that might be offending. We are no mean people, just real people.

So I am out of this and any discussion you participate or start if you keep this attitude of I am so happy and love the whole world yabbadabbadoo...not because I am jealous but because I have seen enough of those people. It is shallow and fake. I actually tried as well...oh yeah, with Jesus and he is the one who does it, can't be earned etc. Giving up finally has been quite liberating. I am rather real. Rather cold, then trying to be hot and end up being lukewarm...that's in the bible too...

Have a good live.

Cheers.

No He is not. Faith comes by hearing & hearing by the Word of God. In my debates with unbelievers I

observed that they have a wrong concept of God. They were taught that God is basically a tyrant; if

that was the type of God presented to me I won't believe in Him either. When I read the bible I see a

wonderful, merciful savior who loves us tremendously. Sorry you did not see or experience that.

STOP TELLING MEN WHAT TO DO!

God said you must be quiet and listen to what we as men have to say. Why won't you listen to god? He's very clear in his instruction to you.

"A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet" - 1 Timothy

Are you wearing a veil? Why not? Why won't you listen to god?

For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil. For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man.  - 1 Corinthians 11

Jesus didn't even want a women to touch him. (John 20:17) 

"Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father,"

(A few verses on Jesus is ok with Thomas touching him though. Now that I think about it Jesus also never mentioned homosexuality ever and never showed any interest in women. Makes you wonder.)

There were no female disciples and there are no books in the bible written by women. It seems like god doesn't like your gender very much.

Time to look at the facts. You're making baby Jesus cry by acting like a man and believe me, he is not someone you should piss off. He'll hand you over to that other guy, his nemesis if you don't start acting like a godly women ought to act.

-

edit just to say if my fundie wife sees this she's going to kick my ass. She also refuses to listen to god's instruction.

Heh Heh, why did you start off your post by yelling? I'm not intruding on you. Your texts are taken out of context & I'm not going there; I did it too many times already & it was of no avail. Btw Jesus did have female disciples & one of them sat at His feet while her sister complained but enough of that; I don't want any wearisome contention.

AH, the classic out of context. Nice easy way to not have to deal with this pieces of scripture. I would ask what the context then is, but you clearly said you're not going there. Nice.

My apologist dad says that because women used to sit in the back of the church and men in the front that women couldn't hear in the back. Apparently that's why Jesus said that if the women can just stop talking in the back then they will be able to hear. I used to agree, but reading this post deconversion I no longer agree.

If you're not going to debate then what the hell are you doing here?

I think that she doesn't want to go there because the out of context argument is completely irrelevent here.

The types of people that frequent the Den usually have a very good understanding of the bible.  One would assume that Thumbalina does as well, at least I'm sure she would assume that she does.  What does this tell us?  We already know the context of these passages and if someone reading them doesn't, it is very easy to go do a very small abount of research.  We don't need to include 20 verses before and after the passage that we are referencing, we already know what is there.

She's a drive-by troll. She stirs up shit then disappears for weeks/months. She seems to have developed a harder edge during her last absence. God must have told her no more mud wrestling for jesus.

She's a drive-by troll. She stirs up shit then disappears for weeks/months. She seems to have developed a harder edge during her last absence. God must have told her no more mud wrestling for jesus.

Thumbelina is like the Aileen Wuornos of Internet Trolls.

• Super Moderator

I'm glad we could help her out. She doesn't realize how she helps us as well. Her posts help to remind all who see them why they should leave Christianity, if they haven't already. People who have been brainwashed into thinking they have the corner on Truth make it obvious to others that they don't.

I'm glad we could help her out. She doesn't realize how she helps us as well. Her posts help to remind all who see them why they should leave Christianity, if they haven't already. People who have been brainwashed into thinking they have the corner on Truth make it obvious to others that they don't.

It's all so subjective. If I have truth cornered, then it won't be long before truth corners me into submission. The idea being that the thing that survives the battle is life, to whatever standard we hold that.

-Jack Hamby

It's all so subjective. If I have truth cornered, then it won't be long before truth corners me into submission. The idea being that the thing that survives the battle is life, to whatever standard we hold that.

-Jack Hamby

If truth is so subjective then feel free to ignore gravity and float away.

• Like 1

Jesus is portrayed as seeking out the members of the Twelve. Then he sends his disciples out into the cities and countryside to "compel them to come in..." He strikes up a conversation with the woman at the well in John. I can't think of more.

Just so, Ficino.

The twelve disciples. 

The ones who first accepted Jesus' authority.  They were true disciples because they welcomed, accepted and submitted to his authority.  They accepted being disciplined, rebuked, corrected and taught by him. If they hadn't recognized and submitted to his authority, then he couldn't have disciplined them.

(Sorry Ficino, but Jesus' disciples weren't told to compel anyone to come in.  You're thinking of the Parable of the Great Banquet, which is Luke 14:15 - 24. )

Anyway, having disciplined, rebuked, corrected and taught the twelve like this, Jesus then sent them out with his authority.  But if that authority was not accepted, his instructions were very precise. 

Matthew 10:14

If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet.

Luke 9:5

If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.

Mark 6:11

And if any place will not receive you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them.

When Jesus sent out the seventy-two in his authority, his instructions were the same.

Luke 10: 10 & 11

But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust of your town we wipe from our feet as a warning to you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God has come near.

See where I'm going with this?

Does Thumbelina ever correct, rebuke or teach us?

Has she ever corrected, rebuked or taught you, Ficino?

Do you accept her authority to do so?

The bottom line is this.

Unless we give her permission (by accepting her authority over us) she has no Biblical mandate to teach, correct, rebuke or disicpline us.  I certainly don't recognize her God-given authority over me!  But that's ok... she doesn't reply to me. (Mostly.)

How about you, Ficino?

Do you recognize her authority over you? 

See what I mean, folks?

ALL of you. The RedNeckProf, MyMistake, Mudhoney, Sdelsolray, Faceahem, xtify, Thereisnoperfect, Ficino, Bill, Par4, Midnite, Adam5, Duderonomy, CrazyGuy, Florduh, Buffetphan, Bhim, Fransesco, Thackerie and anyone else who isn't Thumbelina. (Including me.) 

You were all taught wrong.  But Thumbelina will teach you the right way. 

(No! No! No! It's no good saying that you were taught in the right way.  That fact that you don't agree with Thumbelina, just proves that you were taught in the wrong way.  If you were taught in the right way, you'd still believe and be true Christians - just like Thumbelina.  Case closed.)

You all read the Bible wrong. 

But, Thumbelina will tell you how to do it the right way.  You all misunderstand - but Thumbelina will tell you what to understand and this will be right.  All your thinking about God is wrong - but Thumbelina will tell you what to think and that will be right.  Your beliefs about Jesus and the Bible are all wrong - but Thumbelina will tell you what to believe and that will be right. Whatever you see scripture say, is all wrong - but Thumbelina will tell you what it really says and that will be right.   Whatever you think scripture means, is all wrong - but Thumbelina will tell you what it really means and that will be right.  No matter how long it takes and no matter how long this thread runs and runs and runs, Thumbelina will keep on teaching, correcting, instructing and telling you off until you accept that she's right.

But she isn't forcing herself upon us!

Telling us what to believe, what to think, what to understand and how to read the bible... isn't ...forcing herself on us. 

This is love.

when  a christian says that no humans understand god's mind, is it only applies to everyone except me? Wendybanghead.gif

Based on prior appearances of poster Thumbelina, I determined she is narcissistic and disingenuous.  Based on her conduct in this thread, I am going to add another character trait - cowardly.

For future reference, Thumbelina's character traits are (in no particular order):

1.  Narcissistic;

2.  Disingenuous; and

3.  Cowardly.

Guest afireinside

Why bother with antagonisers who have no point but look for attention by stirring- probably things aren't well in the faith life or something and trying to wind up those who are inclined to give their time is an easy distraction.

There's a saying in my country for people like that- FULL OF KAKA(shit)

Based on prior appearances of poster Thumbelina, I determined she is narcissistic and disingenuous.  Based on her conduct in this thread, I am going to add another character trait - cowardly.

For future reference, Thumbelina's character traits are (in no particular order):

1.  Narcissistic;

2.  Disingenuous; and

3.  Cowardly.

Someone ought to just drop the banhammer on this Thumbelina character.

I don't think I've officially ever stated this.  But from my previous posts here, I think people can tell that unless a Christian writes two paragraphs minimum of original thought, I generally will not take them seriously.  This really helps to weed out Internet troll.  The thing about trolling, especially hit and run trolling, is that you have to do it quickly.  If it takes you several minutes to write out an intelligently written post just to troll...well, then you're the one who's really lost, since you'll never get that time back.  Thumbelina's words to me in post #66 are on that border where I'm not sure they can be taken seriously or not.  Which means I've already wasted too much time on this.

1.  Narcissistic;

2.  Disingenuous; and

3.  Cowardly.

Someone ought to just drop the banhammer on this Thumbelina character.

Her entertainment value is too high for that.  Also, by behaving in the way she does, and making the claims she does, she actually provides a great example to lurkers and members alike of how pathetic, illogical, shallow and empty she and her claims are.  The fact that she is a narcissist, a coward, full of infantile hubris, quite disingenuousness and a amateur bitch on top of all of that is pure entertainment.  Enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Does Thumbelina ever correct, rebuke or teach us?

Has she ever corrected, rebuked or taught you, Ficino?

Do you accept her authority to do so?

yelrotflmao.gif

"All I can think of, BAA, is the verse in Revelations that says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock."  But that was more metaphorical, I thought."  RNP

Maybe Jesus has been knocking at the wrong door for all these centuries, perhaps in another universe. He sure as hell never knocked at my door.   bill

See what I mean, folks?

ALL of you. The RedNeckProf, MyMistake, Mudhoney, Sdelsolray, Faceahem, xtify, Thereisnoperfect, Ficino, Bill, Par4, Midnite, Adam5, Duderonomy, CrazyGuy, Florduh, Buffetphan, Bhim, Fransesco, Thackerie and anyone else who isn't Thumbelina. (Including me.)

I might not agree with everyone named in this list all of the time, but I feel pretty damned good seeing my handle included in it. I hope I don't seem strange for saying so.

Thumbelina does sound empty (what's the word, vacuous?) and I shudder to think that I once thought a lot like her.

(Edited because I don't know how to quote only part of a post)

I believe Thumbelina is the one in the black shirt.

I don't get the mud wrestling reference. I've heard of it, but what's the deal?

Folks,

The argument I'm making here rests on the principle of equality, which is enshrined in the rules of the Den and the Terms of Service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians.

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance.

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all equals here and nobody has any authority over anyone else.

But if a Christian posts here, acting on the belief that the Bible gives them the authority to teach, instruct, correct and rebuke us, then they are not conducting themselves as an equal.   Isn't this exactly how Thumbelina behaves here?  As an authority figure?

So imho, when she returns we should remind her that under the rules, she can express her personal opinions, make arguments, deliver sermons and even aggressively evangelize.  But what she cannot do is teach, instruct, correct or rebuke us.  Only someone with authority over us can do these things and she doesn't have any authority over us.  We are equals.

Also, there's the purpose Ex-Christian.net was founded for.

"To encourage former Christians and those leaving Christianity."  How can a Christian teaching and instructing us about... Christianity ...be helping to encourage former Christians and those leaving Christianity?  That's working directly against the purpose of this whole site.

That needs to be stopped.

Thumbelina needs to told that she cannot teach, instruct, correct or rebuke us.  She must also be told that she has no authority over us.  So, if you find Thumbelina acting like this, remind her that she's out of line!

Thanks,

BAA.

• Like 1

I don't get the mud wrestling reference. I've heard of it, but what's the deal?

Florduh used to tell her that she would get more attention if she was a mud wrestler for jeebus, complete with pictures.

Guest afireinside

Ohhhhh I thought by SDA you meant Seventh Day Adventist.

What you really meant was SHAKE DAT ASS!!!

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Folks,

The argument I'm making here rests on the principle of equality, which is enshrined in the rules of the Den and the Terms of Service.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lion's Den Rules Attention "True Christians™" and former Christians.

This is the section of the board where Christian opinions, arguments, sermons and so on will be more-or-less tolerated. Aggressive evangelism is permitted in this section, but aggressive evangelists should be ready to be met by equally aggressive resistance.

An occasionally heated response is allowed and sometimes even encouraged. However, all posters to the Lion's Den are still expected to adhere the general rules of decorum as delineated in the Forum Guidelines. In other words, conversations in the Lion's Den are intended to be permissively unrestrained without devolving into repetitious verbal abuse. Those who are identified as repeatedly abusive -- in this section or any section of this website -- may be suspended or banned from posting without notice.

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are all equals here and nobody has any authority over anyone else.

But if a Christian posts here, acting on the belief that the Bible gives them the authority to teach, instruct, correct and rebuke us, then they are not conducting themselves as an equal.   Isn't this exactly how Thumbelina behaves here?  As an authority figure?

So imho, when she returns we should remind her that under the rules, she can express her personal opinions, make arguments, deliver sermons and even aggressively evangelize.  But what she cannot do is teach, instruct, correct or rebuke us.  Only someone with authority over us can do these things and she doesn't have any authority over us.  We are equals.

"To encourage former Christians and those leaving Christianity."  How can a Christian teaching and instructing us about... Christianity ...be helping to encourage former Christians and those leaving Christianity?  That's working directly against the purpose of this whole site.

That needs to be stopped.

Thumbelina needs to told that she cannot teach, instruct, correct or rebuke us.  She must also be told that she has no authority over us.  So, if you find Thumbelina acting like this, remind her that she's out of line!

Thanks,

BAA.

I completely agree with you, BAA, based on this part right here:

This is very much like saying to a recovering alcoholic, "Let me buy you a beer."  No one with a modicum of empathy or compassion would ever dream of doing so; yet she comes onto this website, spews her religion, and then has the audacity to claim she is doing it out of love.  I've had enough of self-righteousness for one lifetime, possibly two.  

I think, if/when she does come back, we need to seriously start taking her to task over her behavior and get it shored-up.

• Like 2