Goodbye Jesus

God's Critics Helped Me Out

Thumbelina

I'm re-reading through this thread and I see that Ellen's not at all shy about telling people what she believes and that they just got it wrong.  But a simple "what is your denomination" question just makes her run and hide?  

Hmmm...  

What I can't get is why is Thumby afraid to answer this question.  Does she think she will go to hell if she denies SDA?  Does she identify mostly with SDA but disagree on a major point?  Is she afraid that telling us will result in some kind of penalty?  If it turns out she is non-denominational that leans towards SDA I can't imagine why she avoids saying so.  And if she is SDA why not admit that?

Maybe she isn't and never was a cultist at all and she's a Poe who's come to screw with people's heads. If she were to confess that she's an SDA, she might say something wrong afterwards that would lead us to conclude that she was, indeed, trolling and the game would be over.

What I can't get is why is Thumby afraid to answer this question.  Does she think she will go to hell if she denies SDA?  Does she identify mostly with SDA but disagree on a major point?  Is she afraid that telling us will result in some kind of penalty?  If it turns out she is non-denominational that leans towards SDA I can't imagine why she avoids saying so.  And if she is SDA why not admit that?

Maybe she isn't and never was a cultist at all and she's a Poe who's come to screw with people's heads. If she were to confess that she's an SDA, she might say something wrong afterwards that would lead us to conclude that she was, indeed, trolling and the game would be over.

I doubt that.  Something is driving her to avoid the question.  I think faith based fear is more likely.

Thumby, stop stalling while looking up verses. Just address, with your own brain, some of the questions you've been asked over your long history here. Can you not form and express an opinion or answer a simple yes/no question?

It's an issue of TRUST, Florduh.  As I've explained to xtify.

Thumby wants us to trust her, but she won't commit anything about herself to us... in trust.

She has major issues with her trusting other real people of flesh and blood - but has no trouble with trusting an invisible, intangible person from the Bible.  She want us to get right with God, but she won't commit herself one inch to getting right with us.  Her starting point with us is that God and the Bible are always in the right and we are always wrong and mistaken - so we have to get right with God and the Bible ...thru her.

Her dysfunctionality centers on her eagerness to trust a fictional person over real people.

She can't and won't trust ordinary, flawed and real people, but she can and will trust a perfect, flawless and wonderful man she read about in an ancient book.

Trust is the issue, Florduh.

Try asking her about it.

Try getting her to put her trust in you.  See how far you get.

Thanks and good luck with that!

BAA

• Super Moderator

I trust you are correct.

I don't post here very often, and just read because most of y'all are much more knowledgeable than I. I do see biblical cherry picking here, almost as we should have a bible called "bible by Thumbelina" or The Universe as created by Thumbelina"

I'm against religions that do not believe in freedom of speech.

Could you please list of few religions that do not "believe in freedom of speech"?

Conversely, could you please list of few religions that do "believe in freedom of speech"?

I thought atheists were all about freedom of speech?

You thought wrong.  Atheists withhold belief in gods and related sky fairies and supernatural claims.  Although most atheists, I would suspect, support freedom of speech, there is no requirement that an atheist do so.  Certainly, atheists are not "all about" freedom of speech, just like atheists are not "all about" most things.

• Like 3

If Thumbelina wanted to reconvert me to xtianity it might follow this thought process.

step 1. Okay Thumbelina now which church should i attend?

Why the one that teaches exactly what i think

step 2. But what about all the other 40,000 denominations not to mention Islam?

Well, we here at the Church of Thumbelina we have all the answers and they do not because we alone hold the truth.

step 3. Do you mean all those peoples soul will be annihilated, because they do not have the truth?

Well, yes because we are the true believers.

step 4. Are you telling me that the best bible god can do is take one tiny sect of Christianity (your brand of course) to Heaven, and this is a great plan concocted by the most superior mind in the universe?

You are just resisting god

step 5. I better go back and read the bible to be sure i am not wrong.

(no response)

step 6. read the bible

step 7. IT STILL MAKES NO SENSE

Done

• Like 2

"she uses a broadly-smiling icon when writing how their slander backfired on them.  There's that self-righteous, self-justifying mistrust of others again!  With added smugness too."

BAA, I noticed that too.  I haven't been here very long, so I don't know what she was like before, but I did notice the vengefulness and paranoia of that post.  

Yes.  There's that planet-sized blind spot in her psyche.  She wants us to enjoy the same personal relationship she has with God, but her personal relationships with people are a joke.  

"Her negativity even extends to a mild disgust of God's current, sin-tainted heaven.

"Our sins are recorded in heaven and sin (the transgression of God's Law) did begin there, so pristine heaven was tainted so God permitted freedom of choice."  (Which is why God will create a New Heaven for his children, btw.)"

And she knows this how?

Revelation 21: 1 - 4

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

"She did so...tentatively ...to par4dcourse, asking him about this 'harder edge' he said she'd developed.

(See post # 211, this thread)  She trusted him to give her some serious feedback, but once again her trust was met with resistance, crudity and scoffing.  And she'll have none of that!"

Seems to me like a bit of a cyber-crush there with Par.  Maybe the lard put it on her heart to target him specifically.

Can't be that.  Par4's a real person and Thumby can't relate to other real people.  The only 'person' she's happy with exists in a book.

"Interestingly enough, she desperately wants us to take her seriously, yet she reserves the right to taunt and tease uswhen it suits her.  Yet another example of her asymmetric and dysfunctional understanding of 'trusting' relationships.  She just can't see that it's not ok for her to tease us and still expect us to listen to her respectfully and trustingly.  The level playing field of equal relationships amongst equals, seems to escape her."

If she had something to say it would be easier to take her seriously.  However, even if she did, how can she expect that an ex-christian website would be a place for a believer to receive validation?  Maybe she should join christianmingle already and be done with it.

No.  She has issues with trusting other people, remember?

Why would she want to get involved with another flawed and sinful human being when she can have her quasi-romantic 'love' for this perfect God-man who'll never hurt her, never misjudge her, never make a mistake and who's always there for her?  C'mon xtify, it's a no -brainer!   She can trust Jesus but she can't trust another flesh-and blood person.  Why Christianmingle?

"She was wronged by that slanderous clique.  Will she forgive them?  Will she reach out to them in trust?  Will she make the first move to re-establish a proper relationship?  I wonder."

Well, she has to if she doesn't want JC to reject her at the pearly gates.  And she better repent of her sanctimonious vengefullness, because god hates people like the Pharisees.  Or, she could scrap the whole religious thing and learn what freedom actually means.

It's too late for any of that..  She's in too deep to do anything else except go deeper.

I trust you are correct.

Well, you can trust me if you like Florduh.  Or you can look at the evidence.

Isn't that what we normally do to assess if someone is trustworthy or not?

We judge their trustworthiness on the basis of the evidence. In our everyday lives we totally trust some people and accept what they say, because we have the evidence that they are trustworthy.  Others we trust up to a point and some we'll never trust.  We compare their words to their actions, their promises to their deeds and we weigh up if they are trustworthy or not.  We do this every day of our lives, often without giving much conscious thought to the process.  Now, seeing as I'm making the case that Thumbelina has a major issue with trusting others, don't just trust me about this - look at the evidence.

You can look at the evidence of her willingness to empathize with our grievances against God.

Or her readiness to listen to our thoughts and feelings without passing judgment on us.  Her ability to see past doctrine and dogma and relate to us as real people, giving us value for who and what we are.  Her warmth and kindness and eagerness to bear with and overlook our all-too-human flaws.  Her gentle capacity to get alongside us, to make us feel special and to listen to whatever we have to say - without finding fault or feeling the need to reprove or reproach us.

How she never corrects us, never talks down to us and never lectures or hectors us.

How she never berates us over our understanding of scripture.  How she's always happy to let a point go, instead of going on and on and on about it.  How she never comes across as knowing all the answers and how she's always ready to admit that we could be right.  How she doesn't seem at all obsessed and obsessive about the Bible and Jesus.

Florduh, I'm just writing this to prod your memory of how Thumbelina behaves..

Don't pay any heed to any of what I've said if it doesn't match up with your experiences of her. But if you can relate to my words, then there's your evidence.  You don't have to trust me - just remember how she behaves and there's your evidence and your answer.  

She can't and won't trust us, just as she can't and won't trust any other real human being.

This explains why she has such a wonderfully rich relationship with Jesus and why her dealings with other people fail before they even start.  Jesus isn't real - but people are.  Jesus doesn't scare or threaten her - people do.   Jesus fulfills all of her emotional needs, leaving her unable to connect emotionally with real people.  And this is why she cannot trust you or anyone else here with any information about herself.  She's scared of being hurt.  Terrified, even.

So you won't be getting any kind of real answers from her about herself.

The lectures, the put downs and the teasing will continue.  

But ...answers?  No way!

Thanks,

BAA

• Super Moderator

I'm not expecting any answers after all this time. I've almost given up on the mud wrestling pics, too.

Nor am I, Florduh.

But here's a pic of some mud...

Mud_closeup.jpg

And here's a pic of some wrasslin'.

wrestling.jpg

Will these suffice?

wink.png

• Super Moderator

Uh, no. But thanks!

"Militant atheist trolls" made me laugh a bit.

I'm trying to visualise what they would look like. zDuivel2.gif

I'm not expecting any answers after all this time. I've almost given up on the mud wrestling pics, too.

Eh, Pops, mud is good for your skin & it takes out impurities. A nice mud bath in a spa will do you fine. I'm trying to find a way to explain the good news of salvation without too many bible quotes. It's kinda hard for me to do that. God's critics are always questioning Him but when one uses the bible it is automatically dismissed.

Hey, this is y'all "church". I have other things to do ya know smile.png I can't wrestle all the time, as Solomon says, there's a time for everything you know.

militant-atheist.jpg

• Like 3

militant-atheist.jpg

All these people are wrong & are perpetuating hate. Someone on this thread wanted to know about folks that actually do that & that picture saved a thousand words.

Thanks for the pic, lady with the devil kitty!!! People need to realize God's motto is unity in diversity while we still abide by His comprehensive moral law. A law which is summed up as love God & love thy neighbor as thyself.

Eh, Pops, mud is good for your skin & it takes out impurities. A nice mud bath in a spa will do you fine. I'm trying to find a way to explain the good news of salvation without too many bible quotes. It's kinda hard for me to do that. God's critics are always questioning Him but when one uses the bible it is automatically dismissed.

We aren't questioning God, Thumbelina - we're questioning you.  We simply want you to tell us if you're a Seventh Day Adventist or not.

Today we don't want to hear the good news of salvation.  You've been telling us that for years.  Today just answer our questions about yourself, not God.

Are you a Seventh Day Adventist?  Y / N ?

Hey, this is y'all "church". I have other things to do ya know smile.png I can't wrestle all the time, as Solomon says, there's a time for everything you know.

Please tell us something about yourself Thumbelina.

Are you married?  Do you have any brothers or sisters?  How are your mom and dad?

Since I can't ask you to do something I won't do, I'll share a little bit about myself... to show you how it's done.  Then it's your turn.

I'm a divorced man of 55, now happily living with my partner Maureen in a small rural community in the US.

She works in a legal company and I'm a gardener.

My mom, dad and elder brother have all died, leaving just me.

Since there were no kids from my marriage (my ex couldn't successfully carry to full term) I'm the very last of my line.

My family hails originally from France and Maureen and I are looking to go over there in a few years time to try and re-connect with my ancestors.

There!

Now it's your turn.  smile.png

Thanks,

BAA

• Super Moderator

Thumbelina, since you can't form an independent thought or opinion, and since you refuse to answer the simplest yes/no question, I shall no longer respond to you and I would suggest others stop wasting their time as well.

militant-atheist.jpg

Thanks for the pic, lady with the devil kitty!!! People need to realize God's motto is unity in diversity while we still abide by His comprehensive moral law. A law which is summed up as love God & love thy neighbor as thyself.

And that's what she got from that image??? Serious disconnect with reality.

• Like 1

Thumbelina, since you can't form an independent thought or opinion, and since you refuse to answer the simplest yes/no question, I shall no longer respond to you and I would suggest others stop wasting their time as well.

That is your subjective opinion, Pops but just like I believe in your right to follow the dictates of your conscience I think I should be able to do so too, am I right?

Thumbelina wrote...

"That is your subjective opinion, Pops but just like I believe in your right to follow the dictates of your conscience I think I should be able to do so too, am I right?"

Thumbelina, does your conscience really dictate that you cannot trust us at all?

Does your conscience really dictate that you musn't show God's love to us by reaching out to us in trust?

Does you conscience also dictate that you can never change from how you are to become a more trusting and loving person?

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

That is your subjective opinion, Pops but just like I believe in your right to follow the dictates of your conscience I think I should be able to do so too, am I right?

Thumpy,

The moral thing for you to do would be to stop mooching off webmdave's website.  Start your own site where you can blather on about anything you want.  I bet if we took a poll, +90% of us "lemmings you are scared for" find you offensive and would love to see you disappear from here.  

This will be my last comment to you.  Other than this:  fuck off!

Is that blunt enough for you?  Goodbye.