Goodbye Jesus

Why Vs How

1AcceptingAThiest1

"Why?" is my favourite question…(I have a love for inquiry), but it's a BIG question and I refuse to accept an answer without decent evidence.. or especially logic.

Simple.

I'd like to add here that all this asking "why" is a purely theoretical exercise unless it can be used for something practical in the real world.

It also doesn't help matters when believers such as 1AAT1 want to insert a mythological "answer." A universe from a singularity may not be the best science can do -- Yet -- But it's a darned sight better than "god-like but fractally clueless character from book of ancient Israelite fairy tales dunnit."

• Like 2

There should be no questions. Can God not relax his aloof stance and show us beyond doubt and save us from unbelief and hell? Why is it even when we ask and seek God's truth we are still no more the wiser? In Jesus' day nobody really knew and 2000 years later it isn't any clearer apart from stronger evidence to the contrary. It all points to one thing-randomness over design

The reason God doesn't want to show himself in person is because he wants to have a personal relationship with us. haha.

• Like 2

If the reason why god remains invisible is because he wants a personal relationship with us, then can I call Christians Manti Te'o-ists?

The reason why gods remain invisible is because gods only exist in the imaginations of their believers and in the fictional writing of those believers.  

.......So question is not what not when not HOW but WHY is there something rather than not something?....can we create something with absolutely no resources to use? Can we as have humans create something without any pre existing materials to play with? So WHY is the universe in existence?

It's the same question as asking "Why is there a god?" If God exists, why is there a god rather than no god?

If your answer is "because there is a universe" then you've created a recursion. You have to answer to why god exists without referring to our existence or the existence of this world.

So what is it? Why is there a god?

Is it true athiest dont like the whys? But why? Are you afraid? Not assuming just asking why? Is it because why begs the question? Because it insinuates a built in idea?

And why is it that 5 year olds love to ask "why" for everything? Why is the sky blue? Because the refraction of the light from the sun is in the spectrum of blue. Why? because... They endlessly ask why.

There's no reason to ask "why" to why this world exists because even if there is a god, we don't know why god did it. You can make up some religious belief to explain why your particular "god" did it, but you really don't know... do you?

And in the same way that after the age of 5 I became comfortable with not asking why, for everything, I am comfortable with not knowing why the universe exists now.  I don't believe in a god because I don't need to.  I have grown up.  I now enjoy asking why, when the question is something that it is possible to know.

Your right God doesnt exist, you win. pfft, ha! again i havent made any claims i jsut asked questions better than spouting at the mouth something you dont know right? thats what you dont like. seems like you dont like me asking questions either. ::sighs:: what am i to do with you all? double edge swords are nice to weild though :)

hmph...strawman after strawman i can make noodles with these strawman arguments. You hungry? i will be responding on this forum maybe once or twice a week due to busy schedule and im outnumebred. I love your responses, i cant wait smile.png to respond later this week or next week Good to see you again midniterider and no im not afraid to show who i am, i toldyou how to find me in real life my other thread :) Bible says to test everything, even itself, preachers mom, dad even myself, even GOD. Im not a drone, i think when and how i want. im not be forced or coreced, im sorry if al of you went through that. truly but that didnt happen to me. Different experencies different outcome. If God doesnt exist id have to except that point blank it would be not only logical but for mental stability, id be ashamed, and sorrowful, but truth is truth. BUT....fortuantly thats not where my stance is.

See you guys Friday or Saturday!! its a Date. Dont be Late. Sorry cant respond as much as you would like, but you guys good at math you knoW im outnumbered by 32billions statements. So bear with me.. so before you start saying how im never going to respond back. Give me a chance will ya give me time, i even gave you a time frame is that good enough?

furthermore with my heart condition i cant get stress out or overwhelmed from too many posts, one of the best early tip-offs to progressive heart disease is when you cant get him up, because of the narrowing and hardening of the arteries restricts blood flow to mr guy giving me trouble when it comes to getting or keeping him up. After the doctor evalaution i have to Get a full workup to assess possible causes.

Wow, that is novel.  Using erectile dysfunction as an excuse for not addressing the important questions.  I would rather not have known about that.

• Like 1

Wow, that is novel.  Using erectile dysfunction as an excuse for not addressing the important questions.  I would rather not have known about that.

God is stopping the flow of blood to "mr guy" to save a christian from answering questions. 

furthermore with my heart condition i cant get stress out or overwhelmed from too many posts, one of the best early tip-offs to progressive heart disease is when you cant get him up, because of the narrowing and hardening of the arteries restricts blood flow to mr guy giving me trouble when it comes to getting or keeping him up. After the doctor evalaution i have to Get a full workup to assess possible causes.

blind can see, crippled can walk, deaf can hear, is there anything too difficult for a omnipotent god to clear a couple of simple clogged and hardening arteries? or simply not enough faith or just god working through the doctors?

Lol you guys really think I would post something that personal if it was real? Let alone to strangers. Then again you guys have seen Christians do amazing silly things. You guys amaze me and Ed is rare in athletes. Ttyl

It made an otherwise soporific post a little less boring.

Guest afireinside

Wow, that is novel. Using erectile dysfunction as an excuse for not addressing the important questions. I would rather not have known about that.

That's the second good laugh I've had today! Brilliant!

• Super Moderator

(edited for grammar)

All of that and you still couldn't answer the simple question I asked in post #17 on 06 April 2014 at 3:09PM?  Allow me to reiterate it for you:

Why would god(s) exist?

Lol you guys really think I would post something that personal if it was real? Let alone to strangers. Then again you guys have seen Christians do amazing silly things. You guys amaze me and Ed is rare in athletes. Ttyl

So much for that "personal" relationship with Jeezus.

Can we ban people who are fucking illiterate? It makes my gonads hurt. 

• Like 2

People looking for stawmen will see them everywhere Wendyshrug.gif

others asked questions too you will have to wait no special treatment. :)

others asked questions too you will have to wait no special treatment. smile.png

Well, I'm sure we'll all patiently await our turns. But just so you don't forget, I'm really looking forward to your answers -- with supporting evidence please! -- to the questions I asked at #7:

http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/61748-why-vs-how/#entry937211

• Super Moderator

others asked questions too you will have to wait no special treatment. smile.png

Translation:  I have no way of knowing how to answer some of these questions and absolutely no intention of even giving it a try.

Same old same old,

A Christian arrives thinking they have some pertinent questions without ever considering whether they possess some magical ability to see something that thousands of others haven't, all while not even bothering to listen to make himself aware of the many things he never knew about :(

Bible says to test everything, even itself, preachers mom, dad even myself, even GOD.

(That's a claim, by the way)

But your scripture says, "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah." - Deut 6:16

The bible does indeed say not to test God.

• Like 1

Why do you go to a doctor? Why not let the Great Physician just heal you directly? Just pray about it.

translated means, "I'll be ignoring it.."

Same old same old,

A Christian arrives thinking they have some pertinent questions without ever considering whether they possess some magical ability to see something that thousands of others haven't, all while not even bothering to listen to make himself aware of the many things he never knew about sad.png

His schtick is "I have made no claims!" therefore we Ex-c's are all foolishly creating strawmen. Except he did claim he was a Christian (Msg #19 in the Christians - Hahahahaha thread) , his profile says he believes in God and his profile icon says, "True Christian Believer!"  Uh oh...looks like...Claims!

He calls it strawman arguments, I call it cutting to the chase. The bottom line when you cut through the bullshit of Whys vs Hows is he wants us to believe in Jesus.

Unless I'm wrong and he is interested in deconverting, though most people here who are having trouble deconverting just say that and ask for help from the ex-c's here. The Christian evangelists, on the other hand, play games like Why vs How and the "I have made no claims" game.

Christians dont really have to make any claims for us to know what they are about.

1AAT1, You love Jesus, right? Tell me if I'm wrong.

You are here to spread the gospel, right? Tell me if I'm wrong.

You are trying to get us to question our worldview and become followers of Jesus, right? Tell me if I'm wrong.

(I know, you don't have enough time to answer these questions, so I'll just assume I'm correct.....)

Christians are robots for Christ. And while , yes everyone is different and thinks differently, Christian evangelists all want you to believe in Jesus and of course their particular flavor of it. They all think you are lost if you don't believe in Jesus and they all think you must be saved. 1AAT1, tell me if I am incorrect.