Goodbye Jesus

Why Vs How

1AcceptingAThiest1

Guest afireinside

Eh...I disagree but what ur saying is understandable I knew a Christian who said they love everyone here and he posed as an athiest to get information then proceeded to put on an act of being changed to a Christian mid discussion saying "It all makes sense now" This is deceptive and only tarnishes the Christian name even more. With being said it sad and manipulative stories like this I can understand your stance of a Christian claiming to love. I really do care but for your sake I can avoid such phrase if necessary. Welp gtg work ttyl

Please define the term "love". Rational discourse requires an understanding of what words mean, particularly when the word is the center of the discussion. Here, the word "love" is central to this recent discussion. Yet, it appears that your definition of the word may be different than that used or understood by others.

Perhaps a love scale from 1-5. 5 being the love of a mother to her daughter- 1 being the love I have for Dane Cook because he makes me laugh.

I love(1) you guys is a defined statement

• Like 2

I dont love yall anymore. Jk lol I notice you guy's take one word and run Like jackie Robinson or wait that was jesse owens. I think ;/

Eh...I disagree but what ur saying is understandable I knew a Christian who said they love everyone here and he posed as an athiest to get information then proceeded to put on an act of being changed to a Christian mid discussion saying "It all makes sense now" This is deceptive and only tarnishes the Christian name even more. With being said it sad and manipulative stories like this I can understand your stance of a Christian claiming to love. I really do care but for your sake I can avoid such phrase if necessary. Welp gtg work ttyl

You could not tarnish the xian name any more than my own experience of xianity for 45 years did.  It is quite narcissistic of you to assume that you could have any impact on my view of xianity one way or the other. 

I dont love yall anymore. Jk lol I notice you guy's take one word and run Like jackie Robinson or wait that was jesse owens. I think ;/

Nevertheless, rational discussion requires that the participants understand and agree what the words being used mean.  Here, the word "love" has no agreed definition.

Please provide your definition of the term "love".

Nevertheless, rational discussion requires that the participants understand and agree what the words being used mean.  Here, the word "love" has no agreed definition.

Please provide your definition of the term "love".

I think that's your problem right there.

Guest afireinside

I work with a guy who is so stupid he thinks he can mock you and you are too stupid to realise, he thinks because you don't react you are unaware he's being offensive but because he isn't intelligent he can't grasp the fact that people know what he's meaning but they just think he's an idiot and laugh at him thinking he's smart when the consensus is he's an idiot.

I get the feeling 1AA1 is a lot sharper than he lets on and is quite deliberate in what he says and how imperfectly he says it. Like my workmate he thinks he is laughing at us but we know he doesn't know that we know he's taking the piss and trying to come off as slightly naive or unthreatening so we will get drawn into mindless discussions about things that aren't even properly defined.

1AA1 get to the point and stop playing stupid games, if you have a question or an opinion think about it, word it in a way we can grasp what the hell you mean and let us discuss it!. All these tributaries of nonsense you take us into by saying things you know we'll be drawn into debating is mind numbing.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels like, I dunno but these threads go nowhere.

• Like 2

Afireinside you're not the only one.  I think these threads go nowhere because the idea proposed in the first post has nowhere to go.

Guest afireinside

It's like if someone comes to your door and says "have I got the product for you!" you ask "what is it?" and he says "a useful product" you say "but you said you have a product to sell, what is it!?" the salesman gets sarcastic and says "do you like products or not?" You say "depends on the product" he pushes you a bit further and says "if I have a product you like will you promise to buy it regardless?" you say "you haven't even showed me the fucking product, I'm not making any promises!" He then says "I will be back tomorrow night with the product" you say "what kind of salesman doesn't reveal his product?" He says "I'm not actually a salesman I'm a Jehovas Witness, you think I'd sell you products on a Saturday?- no way! here take a pamphlet!"

You then let pit bull off leash

• Like 4

It's like if someone comes to your door and says "have I got the product for you!" you ask "what is it?" and he says "a useful product" you say "but you said you have a product to sell, what is it!?" the salesman gets sarcastic and says "do you like products or not?" You say "depends on the product" he pushes you a bit further and says "if I have a product you like will you promise to buy it regardless?" you say "you haven't even showed me the fucking product, I'm not making any promises!" He then says "I will be back tomorrow night with the product" you say "what kind of salesman doesn't reveal his product?" He says "I'm not actually a salesman I'm a Jehovas Witness, you think I'd sell you products on a Saturday?- no way! here take a pamphlet!"

You then let pit bull off leash

That almost sounds like a Monty Python skit!

ex Pastor Dan Barker

“Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being.”

I don't know who Jackie Robinson or Jessie Owens are and I really don't care. Are you actually going to start discussing anything of value any time soon? You know something to do with your delusion so that we can start showing the lurkers your true colours?

• Super Moderator

Again I propose the question:

Why would god(s) exist?

• Like 1

Guest afireinside

It used to make sense to me the whole "something can't come from nothing" reasoning, but, if there is a god then what is happening up on the higher tier of reality? The same logic we proposed as Christians for our existence being brought about by God for his purpose also poses the same question Peter Griffin asked Bill Gates on Family Guy-then who made God?.

If we had to be created-by God-for a reason, why can God exist in his tier of reality with no creator of his own? Did God come from nothing? Yes? Why then does our existence have to be attached to the notion that we HAVE to have been made. Can a Christian envision his god YAHWEH being subservient to another god or one of many in a series of Gods each more powerful than the next, each seeking their own lesser gods to honour and give praise to the ones who created them?

Can't we just accept that our lives can have come into being without divine initiation?

I am probably not making much sense but I suppose this whole thread makes no sense.

You make sense afireinside logical questions and thoughtful. I respect your concerns.

To everyone else There is 45 plus questions im only on 21. Almost there though :) patience......is one of loves characteristics so if all of you have love then im sure your better than most people.

Im not answering the questions to sway convince coerce manipulate decieve scare etc. Its been centuries of debate nothing I say probably wont be different than what you already know or heard so why would I be any different im just a normal person with a C.I.A. badge Christian inquisitive Attitude.

Im.not the magic Christian im just responding to questions because I said I would. Again I understand this is the lions den an exchristian website you guys have the right to say what you want and dont have to respect me or value what I say but only to those who have shown respect have mine as well and I will answer their questions.

Im.not the magic Christian im just responding to questions because I said I would. Again I understand this is the lions den an exchristian website you guys have the right to say what you want and dont have to respect me or value what I say but only to those who have shown respect have mine as well and I will answer their questions.

We all have the right to say what we want, you included.  Personally I value what a person says when it is rational and logical, its not based on what their beliefs are or are not.  If you're that concerned about being respected and valued then try to make logical sense, that would be a good start IMO.

As for saying you will only answer questions from people who you perceive as having treated you with respect, I think that is just a monumental copout to excuse the fact that most of these questions have you completely stumped.

Questions always stump me. I will still answer best I can. Again i dont I don't know it all....but outside of the questions um referring to negative commentary and remarks that about me or who I am warrants no answer. I can tell difference between joking thats.fine I can also tell difference between someone just speaking to me with passion thats fine and firmness as opposed to deliberate disrespect

Perhaps you could quit making posts that tell us you eventually will answer some questions and just post to answer one--any one.

• Like 1

You have no idea how bad I want to. But that would be special treatment out of 45plus questions who should I choose. Furthermore it would start an explosive feedback then I would fall behind responding to that one and then I would have never got to the ones In trying not to neglect better to respond to all at once

Guest afireinside

You have no idea how bad I want to. But that would be special treatment out of 45plus questions who should I choose. Furthermore it would start an explosive feedback then I would fall behind responding to that one and then I would have never got to the ones In trying not to neglect better to respond to all at once

Why not just start again?. As ex-Christians we are generally wary of the motives of believers who make statements alluding to some belief that they want to put across. We are not paranoid, we just understand the motives of believers as we used to think the same way and knew all the same arguments and twisted logic. Nobody wants to hate on you or any other believer, we just value transparency and genuine thought not regurgitated apologetic arguments. If you want to contribute in a way that's sincere and not condescending go for it but don't be surprised when you get called out for masking opinions/questions with false naïveté. Just let your pre-conceived ideas go for a second if you want to engage or else we will not respect what you have to say. We all want to think for ourselves not accept some blanket philosophy derived from a questionable source ie: the Bible. Been there done that!

• Like 1

To everyone else There is 45 plus questions im only on 21. Almost there though smile.png patience......is one of loves characteristics so if all of you have love then im sure your better than most people.

Ok, see now I'm confused again. Where are these 21 answers you gave? On another thread?

ps. Dude, I don't love you. Enough with the love already.

False.

People pick one question out of threads to respond to all the time. It's not a big deal, here on anywhere else on the internet. If you're compiling some master list of all the questions and all your answers, that's not going to be that helpful--it will lead to a flood of responses going in 20 different directions.

1AAT1, you wouldn't walk into a bar (or coffee shop), ask people questions and then walk away for 5 minutes before returning and saying you're sorry you don't have time to listen to them and respond to their responses, so why do that here?

You either intend to be a part of the community or not, and if you do you have to make a decision on whether you truly intend to invest the time to do so.

If you do not have the time then perhaps this is just not the place for you.

• Like 3

So what is next then? You could post Winnie the Pooh quotes like Ironhose does. Or scripture. That's always fun.

Know what I love? Reese's Peanut Butter cups. Those things are freaking yummy.

I was at a client's house today and she had DARK CHOCOLATE peanut butter cups!  Wowza!!!!  

Seriously IN LOVE with those!  And with my client for having them!  

Guest afireinside

I was at a client's house today and she had DARK CHOCOLATE peanut butter cups! Wowza!!!!

Seriously IN LOVE with those! And with my client for having them!

Do you have Scorched Almonds in the US? I would walk barefoot over hot coals to get to a box of them! Love is not a strong enough word in this case.