Goodbye Jesus

Double A7 Christian Question Avoidance

1AcceptingAThiest1

noooooooO!! : (

The answer to your personal question:

Believing for someone else's sake is not true belief. It does not matter if my partner believing I'm going to hell is worse than me cheating. It still doesn't make the Christian belief system true. Them believing I'm going to hell is their problem, not mine. What's more, your question is invalid because it assumes belief is a simple choice like cheating. It is not. One does not simply
Choose their beliefs. They are the product of education, whether truthful or not. I was a Christian for over 20 years. I was in love with Jesus, passionate about my faith, shared my faith, studied that bible and apologetics in depth. I am fully confident you can say nothing I have not heard or at one time believed in one way or another.

Answer to your general question:

No rational person, myself included, is looking for a reason to like Christianity better. So, it does not matter how friendly or nice Christians or their doctrines are. I care about whether or not it is actually true. For me to even begin to consider it, the existence of a god would first need to be established. So, your qualifier disqualifies your question for me. Evidence is the only rational basis for belief. All else is wishful thinking (faith). Comforting though it maybe, no evidence means it is almost certainly false. All the evidence there is very strongly indicates that Christianity is the result of millennia of man made theology and mythology.

• Like 1

Hypothetical

If I found out breathing under water without any gear will kill you based on irrefutable evidence, would it be proper for me to conform my actions and belief based on this information if i formerly believe that breathing under water will NOT kill you, would i or would i NOT choose to change everything i believed beforehand?

Translation

IF you found out the Jesus/Bible/God/christianity is True and real based on irrefutable evidence that God was GOOD in all possible aspects, would it proper for you to Love God and trust that all the supposed bad things and contradictions were not as you thought it was because true and real would mean that he actually is loving and deserving of worship based on what is said about his character?

Conclusion

Many Atheist i know would change their mind if evidence for God was presented that he was real....but name one Atheist that would love and worship him?....If the answer is none, then what is the point of evidence then?.If the bible is true that would mean instead of saying i wouldnt worship a vengeful, hateful, evil God, That means you never truly believed the irrefutable evidence that God was GOOD in all possible aspects. I hear Atheist say they will change their mind and believe he exist but they convenitly leave it there, the question would be would you love and worship him IF he was proven to be GOOD in all possible aspects and all the bad things was not what you thought it was?

Hypothetical

If I found out breathing under water without any gear will kill you based on irrefutable evidence, would it be proper for me to conform my actions and belief based on this information if i formerly believe that breathing under water will NOT kill you, would i or would i NOT choose to change everything i believed beforehand?

Translation

IF you found out the Jesus/Bible/God/christianity is True and real based on irrefutable evidence that God was GOOD in all possible aspects, would it proper for you to Love God and trust that all the supposed bad things and contradictions were not as you thought it was because true and real would mean that he actually is loving and deserving of worship based on what is said about his character?

Conclusion

Many Atheist i know would change their mind if evidence for God was presented that he was real....but name one Atheist that would love and worship him?....If the answer is none, then what is the point of evidence then?.If the bible is true that would mean instead of saying i wouldnt worship a vengeful, hateful, evil God, That means you never truly believed the irrefutable evidence that God was GOOD in all possible aspects. I hear Atheist say they will change their mind and believe he exist but they convenitly leave it there, the question would be would you love and worship him IF he was proven to be GOOD in all possible aspects and all the bad things was not what you thought it was?

Dude, if anyone could show real evidence, atheists would change their minds. But there is no evidence.

If God is good in all possible aspects. Let me know why you think he wants to be worshipped? Why should a being that is good in all possible aspects expect you to love and worship? I imagine a truly good being not to be dependent on peoples love nor their worship. You only worship what you can not and don't want to have a relationship with. For example: Tons of teens worship Justin Bieber (for incomprehensible reasons...). Do they think Justin Bieber is truly good? Well, maybe...Do they have a relationship with Justin Bieber? Not really. Would Justin Bieber want to have a relationship with those teens? I think not...because how can you ever be friends with someone who puts you on a pedestal? This person will always look up to you and never be real with you. Worship is a man made concept and even if a truly good God exists I think he actually is happier with people not worshipping him and trying to live a good live instead...

• Like 1

Hypothetical

Translation

Conclusion

You make shit up in your own head about what WE are about and spew it here like some sort of authoritative voice. Please. STOP speaking for us.. STOP making assertions you can't back up… (also called, "quit lying").

You have NO idea what any non-believer would do… in ANY circumstance. WE ARE EX-CHRISTIANS, not 'never christians'… we did worship and love 'god', and all the other lovely things that go with that - from almost every denomination - we are representative of the large majority of christian beliefs. Your baseless and prejudiced assertions and projections are based on nothing in reality. If you 'know' atheists outside of this forum I am surprised they put up with you.. or haven't socked you in the nose. Your biases show through everything you post….ugh.

You have 'beliefs' about atheists (and completely ignore the fact that there are also many 'spiritual' or other religious people amongst us) are indoctrinated falsehoods, and/or comfortable lies you tell yourself to avoid the REALITY that we once had faith and now we don't... at least not in Yahweh or Jeebus. Your portrayal of non-believers is juvenile at best, and a self-righteous exercise in building yourself up at others expense.

Stop insulting our individual and collective intelligence and integrity. 

• Like 2

If an evil and capricious god turned out to be real, would I worship him? I hope not, but I probably would not be strong enough to resist I ashamed to say. bill

Of course its hypothetical I may have bad grammer but im sure you can read very well when that was the very first thing that i said.

So you admit it then? you would NOT change your mind if evidence was presented in both points 1 that he exists and 2 that he is good in all possible aspects?  Atheists would be contradictory if they didnt believe if irrefutable evidence was presented

Are you saying you would NOT change your mind despite evidence? that soudns like something Atheists accuse christians of doing

I go only by what is presented to me i could copy and paste thousands of responses from other forums where Atheists said they would change their mind if evidence presented itself. WHy wouldnt you?

Of course this is all hypothetical but i see only confirmations of whats been posted not what i made up

i have not assumed anything, i asked questions and I go by the resposnes given to me

A1 Sauce, you're ranting and I have no idea what you're on about, Yes, atheists respond to evidence. Take a pill,

1AA1 Learn to use quotes or direct your posts to the people who you want to address...because right now I have no idea who you are talking to and what the hell you are talking about either...

So then why do you guys ask for evidence if you will not change? If it was proven that the bible was true and the bible says he deserves love, then based on that information why would you not change and love him in the event it was true? WHy ask for evidence when nothing will change.

I am confused.

Keep in mind evidence that he exists is different from evidence that he deserves love.

You all admit that you would change if evidence is presented that he EXISTED that is easy ebcause evidence that is the fiber of your being things that a true based on true evidence.

but evidence that proves he deserves love, even if that ws presented you wouldnt do it?

So then why do you guys ask for evidence if you will not change? If it was proven that the bible was true and the bible says he deserves love, then based on that information why would you not change and love him in the event it was true? WHy ask for evidence when nothing will change.

I am confused.

Keep in mind evidence that he exists is different from evidence that he deserves love.

You all admit that you would change if evidence is presented that he EXISTED that is easy ebcause evidence that is the fiber of your being things that a true based on true evidence.

but evidence that proves he deserves love, even if that ws presented you wouldnt do it?

If God is real and God deserves love that means the Bible is a pack of lies.  That is the point.  The God described in the Bible is an evil monster.  It is not possible for that God to deserve love and for those stories to be true.

Let's say for the sake of argument that there is a God, this God created our universe, and this God is mostly good, and after we die this God gives everybody an afterlife that is much more wonderful than this life.  That would be a God that might have earned some respect, gratitude and affection.  100 years into the afterlife if it is so wonderful that we forgot all the suffering we experience down here that might be cool.

However under that scenario the Bible is a pack of lies.  It would be wrong on several fundamental points and the Bible caused needless suffering.  The scenario still works if God lacked the power to stop it or God didn't realize the suffering would happen.  But such things fly in the face of claims made in the Bible.

• Like 2

I am confused.

I said twice that evidence would change things. Are you high? You don't seem to respond to stimuli.

Orbit agrees lets see if everyone else does people keep saying im assuming, well test it

Here i will break it down...step by step

Everyone here believes Evidence is important and doesnt think faith is better than peer reviewed hardcore evidence....Yes or no?....

Are you now going to pull some bullshit "evidence" out of your hat?

Orbit agrees lets see if everyone else does people keep saying im assuming, well test it

Here i will break it down...step by step

Everyone here believes Evidence is important and doesnt think faith is better than peer reviewed hardcore evidence....Yes or no?....

Define "evidence".  And, what is the difference, if any, between "evidence" and "peer reviewed hardcore evidence"?  

Define "faith".

Define "important".

you dont know what important means? realllyyy??

sure i will play thsi game

copy and pasted definitons from dictionaries

important

of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, survival, or well-being.

evidence

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Hardcore

diehard, dedicated, committed, steadfast long-standing; More

Peer review evidence

Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people of similar competence to the producers of the work (peers). It constitutes a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field.

difference between regular evidence and peer reviewed is I can present something and say that it is evidence based on confirmation bias but a peer reviewed evidence is widley accepted by the scientific community and not bias

Faith 2 definitions

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

If god showed up today and was the all-loving god of your wishful thinking, then he/she wouldn't be the god described in the Bible.

It's very simple.

Sure you give hypotheticals and i give hypotheticals nothing wrong with that. Just waiting for someone to say They would love and worship God with all their being if evidence was proved that was was needed. Because evidence is highly respected right?

you dont know what important means? realllyyy??

sure i will play thsi game

copy and pasted definitons from dictionaries

important

of great significance or value; likely to have a profound effect on success, survival, or well-being.

evidence

the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

Hardcore

diehard, dedicated, committed, steadfastlong-standing; More

Peer review evidence

Peer review is the evaluation of work by one or more people of similar competence to the producers of the work (peers). It constitutes a form of self-regulation by qualified members of a profession within the relevant field.

difference between regular evidence and peer reviewed is I can present something and say that it is evidence based on confirmation bias but a peer reviewed evidence is widley accepted by the scientific community and not bias

Faith 2 definitions

1. complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
"this restores one's faith in politicians"

2. strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

The depth of your understanding is stunning, and expected.  

I now remember why previously chose to avoid your posts and their (usually) incoherent content.  Thanks for reminding me.

makes me wonder i wonder if people would believe ANYTHING as long as irrefutable evidence was presented

sdelsolray

i used dictionary definitons not mine

you do trust in the dictionary dont you?