Goodbye Jesus

Why Do We Base Reality On Our Five Senses?

willybilly30

Concepts of God are a product of the evolution of ideas. No some secret knowledge lost in the ancient world. That's a romantic notion but bears little credibility in the real world.

:grin: Hello Antlerman!

Would you agree that these evolution of ideas attributed as being the character of 'God'... seems to be our own evolution of determining and refining what we hold in great esteem, as being deserving of special valued respect... to be ultimately discerning what is inviolable to us?

Hi Amanda...

Of course. God is the image of us, what we hold to be sacred. We place these ideals of ouselves in a transcendent plane to be removed from the mudane and to give them a sense of higher power and significance. God is our higher sense of self.

Are you pitching me softballs here?

But the point is that because God was created and evolved in human history, it doesn't mean God exists logically outside ourselves. He is real, but only because we make him real. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just more reasonable.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• willybilly30

• Amanda

• RedPillAddict

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hans, it didn't make any sense whatsoever. Could you explain the "big consciousness".

I get what he is saying. All of the humans consciousness on earth creates God.

Every single person on the planet = God

I do kind of believe in that.

Maybe in the end, we are the gods, and we are connected together with the universe in a big consciousness, but we haven't been able to tap into it yet. Who knows..

Huh?

Some scientist believe that we are creating our own universe/reality. In some ways, as we develop concepts in which to define it, we are creating it. What we believe it to be is our reality.

It is said that when we see an electron, it changes by us looking at it! It may seem to be this little speck that rotates around the nucleus on it's own specal covalence, but now they think it is really everywhere all at once! That would certainly lend itself to the idea of interconnectedness.

Einstien claimed that all this is an illusion, but a very persistent one. Could we in essence be gods, creating the universe as we determine it to be by defining it? :shrug:

Hans, it didn't make any sense whatsoever. Could you explain the "big consciousness".

The idea that the universe is being a huge conscious thing. The energy and quantum particles part of a huge "brain" that we're a part of. The Life force, or the will to live, penetrating every planet, star and molecule and everyone is connected to it. ;) (Don't take me too seriously - it is afterall just a fabulous idea that I like, but not necessarely mean has to be real.)

Maybe in the end, we are the gods, and we are connected together with the universe in a big consciousness, but we haven't been able to tap into it yet. Who knows..

Huh?

Some scientist believe that we are creating our own universe/reality. In some ways, as we develop concepts in which to define it, we are creating it. What we believe it to be is our reality.

It is said that when we see an electron, it changes by us looking at it! It may seem to be this little speck that rotates around the nucleus on it's own specal covalence, but now they think it is really everywhere all at once! That would certainly lend itself to the idea of interconnectedness.

Einstien claimed that all this is an illusion, but a very persistent one. Could we in essence be gods, creating the universe as we determine it to be by defining it? :shrug:

Exactly. If we all decided that there are going to be worm-hole that can zip us off into other galaxies...I mean if everyyone in the world agreed that this was the way it was going to be...then, in that theory, worm holes would appear.

And there are more of those scientists today.

SFS and Amanda, you added to the idea in a good ways. Thanks.

Talking about wormholes. They are seriously looking into hyperdrive propulsion now. To go to Mars in one day. To the Moon in a few hours.

I thought that was just sci-fi (and it might still be), but it's a serious idea now, not StarTrek anymore.

what would they gain by lying to me. these people i know to be sane and honest

Sane and honest people believe many things or interpret many things that can be ill-founded or misguided. They are not lying. They may honestly believe what they're telling you, but that doesn't make it accurate. "Why do they believe it?", should be the real question. To which there are long lists of much simpler answers, than trying to explain the existence of supernatural beings.

Of course. God is the image of us, what we hold to be sacred. We place these ideals of ouselves in a transcendent plane to be removed from the mudane and to give them a sense of higher power and significance. God is our higher sense of self.

---------------------------------

But the point is that because God was created and evolved in human history, it doesn't mean God exists logically outside ourselves. He is real, but only because we make him real. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just more reasonable.

Ahhhhhhh.... I totally agree with you here. :)

I also wish I could say it like you too. How do you do that so easily? :scratch:

Oh, and to add a tad to your comment SFS, "When the apprentice is ready, the teacher will appear."

The idea that the universe is being a huge conscious thing.

Are you suggesting that the universe is aware of everything such as planets, stars, etc.?

The idea that the universe is being a huge conscious thing.

Are you suggesting that the universe is aware of everything such as planets, stars, etc.?

I'm not suggesting that it is so, only that the possibility is there just as much as a god, multi-dimensional-beings, or spirits. There's a difference between me saying "I do think this is so..." and "this is a cool idea, and who knows, maybe it could be true..."

**edit**

Sorry, if I sounded harsh in the above statement, it was not intentional.

Anyway, let's say they find out that super-strings exists, and that all super-strings interacts beyond our current dimensions. (This can observed with the quantum entanglement). And that there are forms of "predictions" in the behavior (the dualism of light), that depending on what experiment and wanted results things will act differently. Almost that the world knows what we want to see instead of a fixed pattern.

(I'm probably completely out on thin ice now! :HaHa: )

Talking about wormholes. They are seriously looking into hyperdrive propulsion now. To go to Mars in one day. To the Moon in a few hours.

I thought that was just sci-fi (and it might still be), but it's a serious idea now, not StarTrek anymore.

I'm glad that we have some harmony in that scientific area, yet I also agree with Willybilly in some regards too.

PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE BIBLE AND HOW PEOPLE CAME TO BELIEVE IN IT, this has NOTHING to do with that. No one is trying to sucker someone into believing in that... like there's a chance in the world of that happening anyway. :nono:

Now... It seems there is an agreement in these ideas of wormholes and such... but they are only theories really... and couldn't have come to fruition had we still accepted Newtonian physics. So why can't some of these scientist, on sites listed below, in their specialized areas get some credence to their theory? Maybe their theory deserves no more credibility than Newton's theory of gravity? Who knows where it will lead? :Hmm:

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/377..._telepathy.html

http://www.zak.co.il/deaf-info/old/telepathy.html

http://www.crviewer.com/

http://skepdic.com/morphicres.html

should i quit using the word god? i have had to say what youve said here so many times. im starting to think when i say god people think i mean the christian one.

PLEASE FORGET ABOUT THE BIBLE AND HOW PEOPLE CAME TO BELIEVE IN IT, this has NOTHING to do with that. No one is trying to sucker someone into believing in that... like there's a chance in the world of that happening anyway. :nono:

should i quit using the word god? i have had to say what youve said here so many times. im starting to think when i say god people think i mean the christian one.

Very true. The word "God" means so much and so many different things, that not two people in the world have the same idea what this "God" is supposed to be.

i just find it impossible to believe all we are is a wrinkly spongie muscle in a bodie come on we got to be more than this. if thats all we are were no better than a computer. our brains a tower and our bodies a monitor and if the towers destroyed were gone. are we that weak and fragile? do you know how weak that idea makes us look?

:) Hi Willybilly! No, it has nothing to do with you! :grin:

It's just that when I suggest an insight into a possible validity to these areas you also think may exist... it seemed to me that some post also interjected associations with the God or the Christian mentality. I was not suggesting such and just wanted everyone to know it is not my intention to do so.. to get that aspect out of the way. That's all.

Hope I didn't come across as yelling! :twitch:

its ok its just that on alot of threads and topics i make some think thats what im talking about. i was just asking if i should use a diffrent word.

:) Hi Willybilly! No, it has nothing to do with you! :grin:

It's just that when I suggest an insight into a possible validity to these areas you also think may exist... it seemed to me that some post also interjected associations with the God or the Christian mentality. I was not suggesting such and just wanted everyone to know it is not my intention to do so.. to get that aspect out of the way. That's all.

Hope I didn't come across as yelling! :twitch:

Anyway, let's say they find out that super-strings exists, and that all super-strings interacts beyond our current dimensions. (This can observed with the quantum entanglement). And that there are forms of "predictions" in the behavior (the dualism of light), that depending on what experiment and wanted results things will act differently. Almost that the world knows what we want to see instead of a fixed pattern.

(I'm probably completely out on thin ice now! :HaHa: )

:)HanSolo, let's say that there is this pervasive consciousness... and suppose it is separated by something, perhaps our ego, IDK. If we would just consider that there may be a part of us, that has an ability to begin penetrating through this separating force and tap into this 'consciousness'... wouldn't that usher in a new era? Think of what we could begin accomplishing! Doesn't this concept deserve a second glance? :wicked:

:)Hi HanSolo! Forget about God... for the moment. There are some other concepts here I'd like to ask for your's and anyone else's opinion.

Let's think about the concept of evolution, before there was a distinct reasoning capability. As evolution came about, there eventually evolved a capability to see, right? Well, probably not all these 'first seeing' animals developed the ability to see at once, right? Some mutated with an ability that enabled them to enter into this sense, probably very dimly and obscured initially. This probably caused its ability to survive to be enhanced in some way. As this ability to 'see' became more beneficial, and it's preference in this area caused it's evolution to be enhanced, till an animal finally formed... which consistently became known to have a developed organ able to 'see'.

Now suppose some people claim to have intuition or abilities that allow them to do something like remote viewing or communicate with animals or talk to people on the other side (Jonathan Edwards) or whatever... and because the rest of us can't validate it... does it really mean it doesn't exist? Do you think there MAY be in some of us now, the ability to develop other senses, dimly and obscure at first... but maybe in the milleniums to come, it will be part of every person? :shrug:

Hi, Amanda. Like Han Solo, I don't know if I can prove that what we call ESP and such cannot be a capability present in a few, to become more widespread in eons to come. Claims about these things come down to particular cases, though. Often isn't intuition part of anyone's brain capability of making assessments very quickly from data ultimately relying on the senses? I also read Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi and was totally into the whole thing decades ago. I suspect many of the events he describes there would have naturalistic explanations or else turn out to be based on hearsay or just false. I'm not at the place in my life to mount an investigation now, though! Maybe it's some sort of super-string thing such as you were discussing with Han above.

I've appreciated how you've stuck around on this site and contributed your views, Amanda.

i just find it impossible to believe all we are is a wrinkly spongie muscle in a bodie come on we got to be more than this. if thats all we are were no better than a computer. our brains a tower and our bodies a monitor and if the towers destroyed were gone. are we that weak and fragile? do you know how weak that idea makes us look?

That's ego speaking.

Personally, I don't get how some celestial being existing is going to make us "more" in the long run. Maybe we can be the whims of some creature, a god's plaything, an hour's amusement, a madman's dream, some spilt chemicals in a science experiment gone wrong, whatever.

No scenario you could come up with is going to make humans "more" then human.

*sigh* I bet you throw around the word "mere" like it's going out of style too.

:)Hi Cerise!

Yes, how true!

Yet, could we come up with a scenario that could let us know that being human is more than what we think it is right now?

How exactly would the existence of a creator, or the supernatural, or psychic friends serve to make humanity into "more"?

I could just as quickly make arguments as to why these things would make humanity into less.

It all depends on your perspective.

you may like the idea of being nothing but a rotting corpse in the grave and not existing and thinking people you know who died dont exist anymore but not me. i never used the word mere in my life

That's ego speaking.

Personally, I don't get how some celestial being existing is going to make us "more" in the long run. Maybe we can be the whims of some creature, a god's plaything, an hour's amusement, a madman's dream, some spilt chemicals in a science experiment gone wrong, whatever.

*sigh* I bet you throw around the word "mere" like it's going out of style too.

You may not use the word, but you certainly use the concept.

nothing but a rotting corpse in the grave

That's a "mere" statement if I ever heard one.

I, however, believe that people aren't "mere" or "nothing but" anything at any stage of life (or death). People who have died aren't "mere" corpses. They are treasured memories of those left behind. They are effects felt on the earth long after their removal. But if you insist on painting them in such ugly pictures, no wonder you are terrified of death.

It's the same deal with people who can't imagine evolution occuring because then humans would be decendent from "mere" monkeys. The view is automatically negative, as if the idea of evolving from another creature isn't amazing, beautiful, or wonderful at all. As if such a thing could debase humanity.

People I know who died are not coming back. I'm never going to see them again. We'll never frolick in fluffy clouds or what have you. That doesn't reduce them to "mere" rotting corpses, though. I remember them and they had an effect on me. Others remember them and were affected by them. That's a purpose no pie-in-the-sky creator is able to top.

this is the part that bothers me. the body dont concern me i mean some people i knew who were dying probally wouldnt want that body again. i want to see them again thats the problem. i want to believe their somewere else as spirits and i will one day see them. its hard to deal with. jan 3rd one year ago was when my grandma died, 8 months ago my uncle died i loved them very much and i dont like thinking ill never see them again and they dont exist

People I know who died are not cmoing back. I'm never going to see them again. We'll never frolick in fluffy clouds or what have you. That doesn't reduce them to "mere" rotting corpses, though. I remember them and they had an effect on me. Others remember them and were affected by them. That's a purpose no pie-in-the-sky creator is able to top.