Goodbye Jesus

Boring Post Thread

ContraBardus

If you like old commercials you might appreciate this:

Guest Furball

How does moses make coffee?

He brews it. 

What happened to the guy who swallowed food coloring?

He dyed inside.

Why don't crabs give to charity?

Because they are shellfish.

CC, that's sucks about you getting rid your guitars. We've all lost something to the cluster-you-know-what of Christianity. If you have a guitar you always have a friend and a source of frustration. I hope you get yourself another one or eighteen soon and jump back into playing. I play too and I can't imagine not having one around to plunk on.

By the way, I get the jokes in your posts 1597 and 1598 and 1599, but I can't crack the riddle in 1594.  My guess is that after the first time you eat a certain food it mixes with stomach acids and passes through the guts and then turns into poop, so by the time you've eaten it for the tenth time it's lost a bit of it's original flavor.    Am I close to being correct?   

If you like old commercials you might appreciate this:

I'll take your "BIG GAME LIQUID SLAM" and raise you one "STRAFE".

This was a kickstarter campaign, and yes I backed it. Totally worth it just for that video.

Holy shit, that was awesome.

My clock is ticking too loud. I can't sleep. 

I think Ozzy could probably deliver a better vocal on this cover than Laiho did. Kinda sad, really.

Now this cover of "Rebel Yell" isn't too bad....

My dogs have a whole box of toys. Each of their toys has a name and my Jack Russell knows them all:

• Bunny Blue -- A little blue bunny that I found in the parking lot of my former residence.
  • Earl -- A stuffed robin. I found him when I helped my sister move awhile back. Her old kitchen had a 'birdwatchers on acid in the 1970's theme', so they had a ton of weird bird collectibles scattered throughout their kitchen and dining area that they off-loaded when they moved to their new home.
  • Tom Turkey -- A beanie baby called "Tom the Turkey". Tom is also a re-fur-gee from my sister's former kitchen.
  • Puppyton -- A stuffed golden retriever that used to have a plaid vest and a small red collar that I won from a claw machine.
  • Spot -- A stuffed dalmatian with a squeaker in it, purchased at the pet store a few months ago after I decided to retire a similar toy that she had ripped apart.
  • Koala -- A stuffed koala that I got as a prize in a drawing at work years ago.
  • Peanut Butter Ball -- A small orange ball that has a slot for fancy peanut butter treats built into the bottom of it. She can pop the treats out of it and doesn't really play with it much anymore.
  • Catty Pillar -- A beanie baby caterpillar
  • Aflac -- A talking stuffed duck that says "AFLAC!" when you press a button on its back
  • Tennis Ball -- A tennis ball that she found and insisted on dragging home during one of our walks. It's pretty disgusting and I should throw it out...
  • Pingy -- An ancient stuffed penguin that has no eyes, feet, and is missing a wing. I have sewn it back together several times and keep it hidden, only bringing out when she is under the weather. It's her favorite toy. happy.png

'1970s Birdwatchers on Acid Theme Kitchen':

Wallpaper was something like this:

il_570xN.487801081_34aq.jpg

The trim was this awful dark, dark wooden weirdness that someone must have handcarved or something. It had a vine-and-leave motif. 

The cabinets were like this:

jon-and-trixis-1970s-kitchen.jpg

This is the exact stove and fridge that they had. Their new place came with an identical stove...which was kinda odd, I thought.

3420444259_11a0df6cc8.jpg

They had TONS of hideous and weird bird stuff. A lot of beanie babies in the living room. A lot of little figurines and statues in the kitchen, because they had lots of small shelves that weren't all that useful (too small, oddly placed). Examples:

4715368765_7058d8f78d.jpg

A similar clock was on the wall. My BIL was terrified of it and insisted that they box it up and donate it. It was actually a gift from me...dry.png I found it at a thrift shop. It was dusty and needed some TLC, but I got it back to working condition.

mXaRF2u0-ckykvcSjZKkECA.jpg

Angry mallard statue. Not the exact statue, but the one my sister got off the return rack at work was pretty similar.

Would post more, but I'm not finding anything similar enough to my memories. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I saw a man with a service dog. The dog pushed his big soft nose into my leg and took a good sniff. I loved it.

Guest Furball

Yesterday I saw a man with a service dog. The dog pushed his big soft nose into my leg and took a good sniff. I loved it.

What does your leg smell like?

Probably some food I've dropped on it.

Guest Furball

Probably some food I've dropped on it.

Case Closed

This person is either very courageous, or the dumbest person on earth.

afternoon-break-016-03262015.jpg

If you know what you're doing, big sharks aren't that dangerous.

People in shark cages usually get in with feeding sharks or bring food into the water with them and prod them for exciting footage.

That guy is probably pretty safe and of little interest to the shark to be honest.

Most Sea Life has no interest in humans outside of curiosity. We're not in their food chain. The majority of people who are injured or killed by sea life are either screwing with them or making themselves look like food somehow.

That shark looks like it is smiling...

Well duh. It's getting its picture taken

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines.