Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

So...if you are saying that God is all there is then...God is the universe and everything in it? How is this different from pantheism?

i don't know anything about pantheism

Please aee this thread for an excellent discussion of pantheism and panentheism. http://www.ex-christian.net/topic/60888-natural-panentheism/#.VDqzeUtFFBU

because the term has come to mean all inclusive.

God is all there is.

It is the source of all there is would be better.

See?  All of this is caused by confusion.  You are using words as if they have a private meaning that you wish they had.  The word "God" doesn't mean all or cosmos.  You have used many words incorrectly and it leave many people wondering.  Know doesn't mean believe.  Evidence doesn't mean faith.

Clearly you do have a religion.  You have your own personal religion.  When you claim to be a none that just confused the people who really do not have religion.

We would all get along better if you didn't try to hijack the meaning of words.  The purpose of communication is to share ideas from one person to the next.  In order to do that we must use the word meaning that is commonly agreed upon.  Instead you create these conflicts because you want to remake English.

• Like 2

Pantheism - identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God

Edit: That might be a somewhat simplistic definition, I admit that my knowledge of pantheism is minimal and I should read more about it! I'll be sure to read the thread you linked below, Orbit!

i don't want to know nor do i need to know anything about pantheism

Pantheism - identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God

Edit: That might be a somewhat simplistic definition, I admit that my knowledge of pantheism is minimal and I should read more about it! I'll be sure to read the thread you linked below, Orbit!

Pantheism is the name for your religion, you've just never heard of it before--at least you have espoused a pantheistic definition of God. Why are you so hostile about everything?

I didn't say you did, I was merely trying to demonstrate how your belief appears to be similar to it.

Now that is funny!

Pantheism is the name for your religion, you've just never heard of it before--at least you have espoused a pantheistic definition of God. Why are you so hostile about everything?

lol

i am in a hostile environment

lol

flee to the woo forum...

You make it that way.  Every environment where you create hostility will have that hostility.

• Like 1

lol

flee to the woo forum...

i don't think so.

If i flee it will be away from here completeIy.

i did not start this hostility

You make it that way.  Every environment where you create hostility will have that hostility.

i did not start it but im not backing down from it either

if you want to know the truth margee then get to know yourself.

The truth is inside of you

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you people are horrible

But we are all One. :-)

lol

there is nothing but the same old rhetoric here.

the evidence that God exists is inside of you and outside of you.

if you are not able to understand that then there is nothing else i could possibly say to help you understand.

sorry

no need to come here and have an argument over a misunderstanding.

Until you're willing to lay out a reasoned argument this isn't going anywhere. All you do is tell us we don't understand. So why not explain it to us? Otherwise why are you even posting?

I think they post in a misdirected attempt to show they are superior to those who see their woo as the POO it is.

• Like 1

Yes you did start it and you are perpetuating it.  You came into Henry's thread with a chip on your shoulder.  You were proclaiming that a bunch of people were wrong and you could prove it with evidence.  In response several people politely asked you to show them the evidence.  Somehow you took that to be a insinuation that you were insane and you got all offended.  Then you began to be rude and it snowballed from there.  V doesn't take crap from anybody so he has been giving it back to you but you are the one who started it.

Even now, even after this was moved to the den I am trying to be polite and respectful to you still.  But I'm not getting anywhere.  You could ignore those like V who are returning your hostility.  Instead you act like disagreement is hostility when it is not.

• Like 2

I explained this to you in a PM foak, but I'll try again here. This board has certain areas for certain discussions. If you want to discuss your version of "God" with the likeminded, you do it in the woo forum. You don't go on some weird crusade hijacking other people's threads while simultaneously calling them stupid because they don't understand your own personal language about "God". That's creating hostility.

Now if you want to convince people that there is a God, you go to the Lion's Den, as I told you, and here we are. If you indeed want to prove your "God" exists, this is the place to do it--but expect strong resistance, as I also told you.

Beyond that, you don't really seem to be putting forth any reasoned arguments, so I don't see the point. We are perfectly willing to engage in dialog, but you have to do more than throw out sarcastic one-liners and fractured metaphysical haiku.

• Like 2

Yes you did start it and you are perpetuating it.  You came into Henry's thread with a chip on your shoulder.  You were proclaiming that a bunch of people were wrong and you could prove it with evidence.  In response several people politely asked you to show them the evidence.  Somehow you took that to be a insinuation that you were insane and you got all offended.  Then you began to be rude and it snowballed from there.  V doesn't take crap from anybody so he has been giving it back to you but you are the one who started it.

Even now, even after this was moved to the den I am trying to be polite and respectful to you still.  But I'm not getting anywhere.  You could ignore those like V who are returning your hostility.  Instead you act like disagreement is hostility when it is not.

i think you should stop saying things you obviously know nothing about.

Hows that better?

Then I am God? I just didn't realize it? woohoo.gif  All my narcissistic needs are fully met now!!! yellow.gif

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you people are horrible

Oh dear! He sure gets ticked off easily. Not the smooth reaction one would expect of someone who has found the Truth.

• Like 2

I explained this to you in a PM foak, but I'll try again here. This board has certain areas for certain discussions. If you want to discuss your version of "God" with the likeminded, you do it in the woo forum. You don't go on some weird crusade hijacking other people's threads while simultaneously calling them stupid because they don't understand your own personal language about "God". That's creating hostility.

Now if you want to convince people that there is a God, you go to the Lion's Den, as I told you, and here we are. If you indeed want to prove your "God" exists, this is the place to do it--but expect strong resistance, as I also told you.

Beyond that, you don't really seem to be putting forth any reasoned arguments, so I don't see the point. We are perfectly willing to engage in dialog, but you have to do more than throw out sarcastic one-liners and fractured metaphysical haiku.

what if the problem is that i am correct and you simply don't understand ?

You've already landed yourself in the Den you don't need it to go downhill from here....you're being passive aggressive instead of explaining yourself.

I don't think he's the only reason that the thread got moved into the Den. If everyone had remained civil instead of just trying to provoke him, we'd still be in the Colosseum. 

Certainly glad it got moved, then. It's much more entertaining in here.

First you need to tell us exactly what you think you are correct about. We're not mind readers. Define your terms, state your position, give your evidence.

Foak You Casserole:

1 oz hubris

2 oz holier-than-thou

2 oz passive-aggressive essence

1 oz persecution complex

6 oz claims of special knowledge

9 oz ignorance

3 oz secret definitions for common words

4 oz irrational thinking

5 oz insecurity

1 lb woo woo

Mix well.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Serves one.

• Like 7

that is what i expected

i'm done with this

you people are horrible

Oh dear! He sure gets ticked off easily. Not the smooth reaction one would expect of someone who has found the Truth.

not what you expected?

serial killers have the truth inside of them.

You are so clueless to what it means to know the truth that you don't even know that it is inside all of us.

That does not mean bad things don't happen.

Or that i am a saint.

Hows that better?

I can start quoting you if that would help.

Pro Tip:

Anger comes from holding false beliefs and then seeing those false beliefs get refuted by reality.

Basically what happened is that you have some form of pantheism but you tell yourself that it isn't a religion.  You thought you could share your wisdom with us but that only demonstrated that you have a religion.

What if the problem is that you are simply full of nonsense?

• Like 4

Hows that better?

I can start quoting you it that would help.

Pro Tip:

Anger comes from holding false beliefs and then seeing those false beliefs get refuted by reality.

Basically what happened is that you have some form of pantheism but you tell yourself that it isn't a religion.  You thought you could share your wisdom with us but that only demonstrated that you have a religion.

your so smart

lol