Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

foak you act just like the True Christians we get in here. Why is that?

Foak You Casserole:

1 oz hubris

2 oz holier-than-thou

2 oz passive-aggressive essence

1 oz persecution complex

6 oz claims of special knowledge

9 oz ignorance

3 oz secret definitions for common words

4 oz irrational thinking

5 oz insecurity

1 lb woo woo

Mix well.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.  Serves one.

FOAK: Fuck off and kneel before my awesome truth! 

If all you see is God, then we are God. Let's all have a big hug.

lol
there is nothing but the same old rhetoric here.
the evidence that God exists is inside of you and outside of you.
if you are not able to understand that then there is nothing else i could possibly say to help you understand.
sorry
no need to come here and have an argument over a misunderstanding.

Until you're willing to lay out a reasoned argument this isn't going anywhere. All you do is tell us we don't understand. So why not explain it to us? Otherwise why are you even posting?

I think they post in a misdirected attempt to show they are superior to those who see their woo as the POO it is.

It reminds me of Eastern philosophy/religion where a sage says, "Grasshopper, there is no practice that can bring enlightenment...you are enlightenment itself. The seeker is the sought."

Well fuck it then. :-) If the truth is in me, or the truth is me then I don't need to search for it. I'm It! I'm That! Poof, I'm a Zen Master, bitches. :-)

• Like 1

lol

if you are not able to understand that then there is nothing else i could possibly say to help you understand.

sorry

Until you're willing to lay out a reasoned argument this isn't going anywhere. All you do is tell us we don't understand. So why not explain it to us? Otherwise why are you even posting?

I think they post in a misdirected attempt to show they are superior to those who see their woo as the POO it is.

It reminds me of Eastern philosophy/religion where a sage says, "Grasshopper, there is no practice that can bring enlightenment...you are enlightenment itself. The seeker is the sought."

Well fuck it then. :-) Poof, I'm a Zen master!

lol

that's correct you don't get it.

you people get to make fun of the things i say but when i get angry about it i'm being hostile

your so smart

lol

Are you trying to make fun of my spelling and grammar?  You won't be able to offend me because I accept my deficiency.  Anyway if you want to talk about the thread topic you know where to find me.  If you had said "The cosmos is all around you" then nobody would have disagreed with you.  It's not our fault if we can't understand you when you won't let us understand you.  This doesn't have to be a hostile place and we are completely cool with your pantheism as long as you don't make claims that you can't back up and then turn it into a fight when we ask the standard questions.

. . .  but when i get angry about it i'm being hostile

That is what the word means.

my actions are not the best agreed. nor are the actions of those i'm speaking with.

I sound like a christian because that what you want from me.

I told you i'm not a christian and you insist i am.

I get upset when people say things about me or pick on the things i say like they are a joke, it is true, but that does not make me a christian.

It makes me bad at dealing with hostility

my actions are not the best agreed. nor are the actions of those i'm speaking with.

No one ever said they wanted you to act like a Christian. You are being ridiculous.

Quote it where someone insisted you were.

You are just avoiding the topic that you yourself raised. Define your terms, explain your position, show your evidence. Why do you refuse?

I get upset when people say things about me or pick on the things i say like they are a joke, it is true, but that does not make me a christian.

You mean the trite, Depak Chopra one liners/put-downs you spout? It's because they are ridiculous in this context.

• Like 1

you are the one who is acting ridiculous.

You think cause i don't give you the evidence you want, then there isn't any evidence.

that is ridiculous.

I have explained myself several times but not to the liking of people who think that there is nothing to life than what they can see

I just don't understand why you would want to hide that evidence from us? What purpose does that serve?

I just don't understand why you would want to hide that evidence from us? What purpose does that serve?

how is it that i am hiding everything that exists?

You can't be serious?

You are not demonstrating how everything that exists backs up your position, or even explaining what your position is!

It lets him feel smug and superior.

You can't be serious?

Existence is not proof of a supernatural "God".

You can't be serious?

Everything that exists is evidence of everything existing, that's it.  The "evidence" that is inside of us is evidence of how biology and evolution work.  The "evidence" in the cosmos is evidence of how physics works.

Many of us are quite well versed in these topics.  Statements like yours are completely hollow unless there is a way that you can show us that natural explanations are not enough.  There needs to be some way to show that a god of some sort is required to work in conjunction with these natural phenomena.  If you can do that, we will start to listen.  You claim to have this evidence, and when asked, you are not providing it and simply acting superior to everyone that is asking.  It is like a kid taunting others by saying, "I know something you don't know".  And then you wonder why people are being hostile or why they are ridiculing you.  Maybe, maybe their reactions aren't completely justified, but you can hardly blame them.

Can we have a real discussion?  That is really all anyone wants.

• Like 2

lol

sorry

Well fuck it then. :-) Poof, I'm a Zen master!

lol

that's correct you don't get it.

you people get to make fun of the things i say but when i get angry about it i'm being hostile

Well , angry and hostile sorta mean the same thing, right? I tend to get angry on this board, especially when someone doesnt agree with me. :-) But getting angry on internet forums is a waste of time. And insisting someone agree with me is quite childish. Everyone is different and has a different take on life. Why should you care if any of us agree with your view of truth?

I do have a fondness for Advaita/Pantheism/Zen/Eastern Philosophy but enlightenment could be a farce just as much as Christianity is a farce. There is no evidence for enlightenment other than someone claiming to be enlightened. It cannot be demonstrated to other people. No living sages are doing any miracles or wonders. But I like the idea of it. I may even one day find this enlightenment. But nobody here at Ex-c in the Lion's Den is going to care because it cannot be demonstrated. And until then, I'm just some dope that drinks coffee and bangs away on the computer keys. This non-duality thing may be real or not. Not going to claim it is the One True Way or even real. It could just be a way too hoodwink fools into buying Zen books. :-)

There are a lot of people on this site and in this Lion's Den subforum in particular who demand physical proof or physical evidence of supernatural beings or supernatural ideas before any discussion of these beings/ideas continues. Maybe you would find more enjoyment in some sort of forum where the people are more open to whatever it is you like... maybe some Eastern Philosophy forum?

• Like 1

I have explained myself several times....

No, you have not.  You have merely made unsupported assertions.  Apparently, you are unable to distinguish a "mere assertion" from a "reasoned explanation based on relevant evidence".

...but not to the liking of people who think that there is nothing to life than what they can see

That's because you are dealing with rational thinkers, who require evidence and reasoned argument from those that make mere assertions.

• Like 1

i seem to be having some trouble getting myself across to people here.

The evidence for the existence of God will never be found by doing a science experiment.

Just because Christianity does not have any answers, doesn't mean that there are none other than the crap that we are handed by science.

Most everything i have tried to explain has been ridiculed.

I am not whining about it, i'm saying there is little left for me to say.

I will return to the "woo" forum now.

If you are interested you can read what i write there.

See you on the other side...but we expect you to make sense, even in to woo forum.

i seem to be having some trouble getting myself across to people here.

The evidence for the existence of God will never be found by doing a science experiment.

Just because Christianity does not have any answers, doesn't mean that there are none other than the crap that we are handed by science.

Most everything i have tried to explain has been ridiculed.

I am not whining about it, i'm saying there is little left for me to say.

I will return to the "woo" forum now.

If you are interested you can read what i write there.

science is crap. Why anyone tries to reason with you after that is the real mystery.

BTW, you've promised to leave multiple times now. Is your word only as good as you reasoning skills?

The den now?? Excellent! *rubs palms together*

Foak, the mysterious philosopher who speaks in vague generalities is a long dead trend. Now all that Chopraspeak does is piss people off. You're damn right it's a hostile crowd, and you ain't seen nothin' yet. We listened to bullshit presented as truth 'til were sick of it.

If you have some earth shattering news about God and can BACK IT UP with proof, by all means speak up. If, as I suspect, you're just another crusader trying to make God-brownie points amongst the heathens, remember we've seen and heard it all before.

• Like 6

What you're really bad about is explaining what you mean. We tell you we don't understand and ask for a better explanation.

And then you get mad.

Is this truth thing you keep mentioning something that cannot be expressed in words that can be commonly understood?

We already know this stuff. We have academics aplenty on this board, and they educate us. You might want to read some other threads before you start posting.

EDIT: The post I was responding to was edited out. It was about the holographic universe.