Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

• Super Moderator

foak, what exactly is your purpose here?  Or is that impolite to ask?

Cosmology is a subject that is simply too big for me to get my head around anything but the dummies version. Theoretically, there are an infinite number of universes and they are all expanding. There are also various numbers of theoretical dimensions within those universes and a theory that our universe is a hologram is also in the mix. There are black holes, dark energy and dark matter and theoretically multiple realties may also exist. We have discovered that our absolute laws of science and physics aren't absolute after all. In theory something came from nothing and the theories of how life began and evolved is way beyond my ability to even understand the dummies version.

I can see why it's just easier for a lot of people to throw up their hands and say God did it. I'm certain, God, as commonly defined today, doesn't exist and our lives are not predestined by some cosmic force, and neither eternal punishment nor eternal bliss await any of us. I am personally comfortable with the perception that we humans know practically nothing about the cosmos and all of our complex theories are based on such limited knowledge of the subject that they amount to little more than guesses.

• Super Moderator

see post 134

Obviously he didn't come here to find people to talk to; his behavior clearly demonstrates that. 

So let's let him answer for himself.

see post 134

Obviously he didn't come here to find people to talk to; his behavior clearly demonstrates that. 

No, there could be a myriad of reasons for his behavior which doesn't necessarily mean he does not wish to visit. Again, maybe there is an impasse due to the demands you make on how it should progress.

I am personally comfortable with the perception that we humans know practically nothing about the cosmos and all of our complex theories are based on such limited knowledge of the subject that they amount to little more than guesses.

Bless you sir. I think I can die in peace now. Someone with a brain that functions.

• Super Moderator

see post 134

No, there could be a myriad of reasons for his behavior which doesn't necessarily mean he does not wish to visit. Again, maybe there is an impasse due to the demands you make on how it should progress.

I have made no demands on how anything should progress. 

Now, can we let him answer for himself?

• Like 1

see post 134

I have made no demands on how anything should progress. 

Now, can we let him answer for himself?

Sure, good luck.

see post 134

The only demand is that he define his terms (to avoid confusion), present his position (so we can tell what he wants to talk about), and provide evidence for his assertions (the minimum for a reasoned discussion). What a meanie I am!

• Like 3

I am personally comfortable with the perception that we humans know practically nothing about the cosmos and all of our complex theories are based on such limited knowledge of the subject that they amount to little more than guesses.

Bless you sir. I think I can die in peace now. Someone with a brain that functions.

Then neither End nor Geezer seem to be aware (or care much about) the indisputable fact that the most accurately confirmed prediction ever made in any branch of the sciences is found in cosmology.

No.  I'm not going to write any more about this.

Those who take a perverse pride in shutting their eyes, ears and minds to the facts just aren't worth my time.

This includes you, Foak.

I posted a polite and courteous question to you and get called a fool for my trouble.

Please continue in your hypocrisy.

Goodbye.

• Like 6

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun

1. the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.
    synonyms: dissimulation, false virtue, cant, posturing, affectation, speciousness,empty talk, insincerity, falseness, deceitdishonestymendacitypretense,duplicityMore

Every one of you denialists reaps the benefits of science, but you deny it's value and refuse to give it credit.

THAT is hypocrisy.

see post 134

Post 134 is a lie.  He can talk to anybody.  Maybe what he really means is that he wants to find people who already agree with him about pantheism being the truth and also pantheism not being a religion.  I don't know but this place is full of people he can talk to.

see post 134

The only demand is that he define his terms (to avoid confusion), present his position (so we can tell what he wants to talk about), and provide evidence for his assertions (the minimum for a reasoned discussion). What a meanie I am!

I carefully read your post. I saw where you gave him the option for terms. Excellent, excellent.

Yeah, yeah.  People who believe in God are the good guys no matter how rude they behave.  People who do not believe in God are monsters who crucify believers no matter how polite the infidels behave.

We know your routine, End.

• Like 1

see post 134

Post 134 is a lie.  He can talk to anybody.  Maybe what he really means is that he wants to find people who already agree with him about pantheism being the truth and also pantheism not being a religion.  I don't know but this place is full of people he can talk to.

Sometimes MM you are a complete something. How do you know what he has been through. How do you know that he doesn't use a wall as a trust check. Of course he's looking for agreement on some level. How dare you say he is lying. Jesus dude, catch a clue.

Yeah, yeah.  People who believe in God are the good guys no matter how rude they behave.  People who do not believe in God are monsters who crucify believers no matter how polite the infidels behave.

Go get some help MM.

Then neither End nor Geezer seem to be aware (or care much about) the indisputable fact that the most accurately confirmed prediction ever made in any branch of the sciences is found in cosmology.

No.  I'm not going to write any more about this.

Those who take a perverse pride in shutting their eyes, ears and minds to the facts just aren't worth my time.

This includes you, Foak.

I posted a polite and courteous question to you and get called a fool for my trouble.

Please continue in your hypocrisy.

Goodbye.

Oh good God BAA, what prediction would that be. And cite numbers please.

• Super Moderator

Calm down, End3.  You're going to get all worked up into the angry End if you're not careful.

see post 134

Sometimes MM you are a complete something. How do you know what he has been through. How do you know that he doesn't use a wall as a trust check. Of course he's looking for agreement on some level. How dare you say he is lying. Jesus dude, catch a clue.

Because the dictionary defines what the word "lying" means.  I never said I know what Foak has been through.  You know I didn't so don't imply that I did.  

He showed up with a chip on his shoulder and has gone out of his way to act like a jerk.  He made a bunch of claims that were not true and he wants to blame it on everyone here.  That is looking for somebody to talk to?

I will guarantee you this: if Foak had showed up in the Christian life section and told us what is really bothering him he would have received an outpouring of support from us.  And if he had kept his boasting to the spirituality section all of the science-minded people would have overlooked it.  You know that is true.  There have been many times when you acted like a jerk to ex-C members but we still supported you when you needed us.  

So what is the deal with theists craping all over non-believers yet non-believers are still the bad guys anyway?

Eh, not to worry. I just can't believe sometimes for such a group of fact-oriented folks there can be no room for more connecting the dots. Three zillion dots and not a connection one. You all can communicate with each other because you talk data to each other....and law. Carry on with your data mining. AND SCREW THE "OUTLIARS".

see post 134

Because the dictionary defines what the word "lying" means.  I never said I know what Foak has been through.  You know I didn't so don't imply that I did.  

He showed up with a chip on his shoulder and has gone out of his way to act like a jerk.  He made a bunch of claims that were not true and he wants to blame it on everyone here.  That is looking for somebody to talk to?

I will guarantee you this: if Foak had showed up in the Christian life section and told us what is really bothering him he would have received an outpouring of support from us.  And if he had kept his boasting to the spirituality section all of the science-minded people would have overlooked it.  You know that is true.  There have been many times when you acted like a jerk to ex-C members but we still supported you when you needed us.  

So what is the deal with theists craping all over non-believers yet non-believers are still the bad guys anyway?

If and if and if, if he had of. Again, please take what he offered and place no restrictions on what you will accept and try to hear what he said. Obviously it makes complete sense to him. If you really want to communicate....REALLY, i.e. LOVE, you will find common ground. But no, same ole put your facts on the table and let us pick them apart with our intellect.

Again, please take what he offered and place no restrictions on what you will accept and try to hear what he said. 

You first.  Have you ever made a more hypocritical statement than this in your life?

• Like 1

Again, please take what he offered and place no restrictions on what you will accept and try to hear what he said.

You first.  Have you ever made a more hypocritical statement than this in your life?

Been here seven years listening and taking abuse...you need more?

Okay let's do it your way.

He said that he can prove there is a God.  The evidence is inside you and all around you.  There, I have told you where the evidence is.  Go and know yourself and you will see God is real.  Anybody who trusts science and doesn't see God is real is a fool.  Anybody who wants to see more evidence is a horrible person.

You want us to look at that and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior.  That is the only response that will show Love for Foak and create the Relationship of Grace that you imagine.

Does that sum it up right?

• Like 2