Goodbye Jesus

Creation, God, Nothing And Our Universe

mymistake

Actually I have something to say about this. foak WAS listened to, and replied to, in depth and supportively, in the woo forum. Instead of engaging those replies, instead he comes over here and starts a shitstorm. He's not interested in talking with anyone, or he would have pursued his woo forum thread. No, this is not about him needing to be heard, or understood--it's about martyr-trolling.

• Like 4

I am personally comfortable with the perception that we humans know practically nothing about the cosmos and all of our complex theories are based on such limited knowledge of the subject that they amount to little more than guesses.

Bless you sir. I think I can die in peace now. Someone with a brain that functions.

Was that Sarcasm?

I'm not a Theist, so of all the theories that I've examined a creator God speaking everything into existence isn't one that I consider creditable. Something may have come from nothing the theory is plausible. Don't confuse my inability to grasp all the theories being floated by science with a belief that God did it. That train left the station a long time ago. 

Okay let's do it your way.

He said that he can prove there is a God.  The evidence is inside you and all around you.  There, I have told you where the evidence is.  Go and know yourself and you will see God is real.  Anybody who trusts science and doesn't see God is real is a fool.  Anybody who wants to see more evidence is a horrible person.

You want us to look at that and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior.  That is the only response that will show Love for Foak and create the Relationship of Grace that you imagine.

Does that sum it up right?

Well sometimes MM it takes sacrifice to know the other. Let me ask you this, does it really matter all the time that it is defined specifically as WE need it defined? Like he said, there is more to it than what is seemingly needed by many here. You would wish me to disect his comments?

Actually I have something to say about this. foak WAS listened to, and replied to, in depth and supportively, in the woo forum. Instead of engaging those replies, instead he comes over here and starts a shitstorm. He's not interested in talking with anyone, or he would have pursued his woo forum thread. No, this is not about him needing to be heard, or understood--it's about martyr-trolling.

Woo-forum?

Edit: Send him to troll jail. Ban him to death. He's nobody. A martyr.

I am personally comfortable with the perception that we humans know practically nothing about the cosmos and all of our complex theories are based on such limited knowledge of the subject that they amount to little more than guesses.

Bless you sir. I think I can die in peace now. Someone with a brain that functions.

Then neither End nor Geezer seem to be aware (or care much about) the indisputable fact that the most accurately confirmed prediction ever made in any branch of the sciences is found in cosmology.

No.  I'm not going to write any more about this.

Those who take a perverse pride in shutting their eyes, ears and minds to the facts just aren't worth my time.

This includes you, Foak.

I posted a polite and courteous question to you and get called a fool for my trouble.

Please continue in your hypocrisy.

Goodbye.

Oh good God BAA, what prediction would that be. And cite numbers please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

"The CMB spectrum has become the most precisely measured black body spectrum in nature."

And no, I can't cite you the numbers, because...

"The error bars are too small to be seen even in an enlarged image, and it is impossible to distinguish the observed data from the theoretical curve"

The prediction is a perfect description of reality because it's impossible to see any difference between the prediction (made in 1980) and the observations - made by three different satellites.

But I've posted this information many times before in this forum, as others will attest.

If you refuse to open your eyes and your mind to the facts, so be it.

Oh...  and those machines you use in both of your labs work on the same principles of quantum physics as was used to make that prediction.

Same physics, different application.

So every day you are affirming and confirming the science you're so busily denying in this forum.

Hypocrite!

Woo-forum?

Now you're just being a dick.

• Like 1

Oh...  and those machines you use in both of your labs work on the same principles of quantum physics as was used to make that prediction.

Same physics, different application.

So every day you are affirming and confirming the science you're so busily denying in this forum.

Hypocrite!

I use science to make a living. I don't deny science at all. I am advocating NOT solely using science as a tool for communication. Communication seemingly has to be defined by stricktly facts here.....rigid definitions, a perfect definition of the truth or it's invalid and our lives and meaning are ruined. Bullshit. Isn't there some galaxy that is not traveling in the right direction for all the predictions? Can we explain this?

Woo-forum?

Now you're just being a dick.

It could be martyr trolling. You will never know given there was no meaningful relationship established. I guess we could say it was meaningful if death is important.

Okay let's do it your way.

He said that he can prove there is a God.  The evidence is inside you and all around you.  There, I have told you where the evidence is.  Go and know yourself and you will see God is real.  Anybody who trusts science and doesn't see God is real is a fool.  Anybody who wants to see more evidence is a horrible person.

You want us to look at that and accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior.  That is the only response that will show Love for Foak and create the Relationship of Grace that you imagine.

Does that sum it up right?

Well sometimes MM it takes sacrifice to know the other. 

Where do you get off lecturing me about how I need to love and I need to sacrifice for some stranger who doesn't care one bit about me?  Where is my obligation?

Let me ask you this, does it really matter all the time that it is defined specifically as WE need it defined? Like he said, there is more to it than what is seemingly needed by many here. 

Communication doesn't work without meaning.  Meaning doesn't work without definitions.  You get all pissed off about your inability but communication fails when people like you or Foak pretend English is your own private language.

Are you going to take what I just offered you and place no restrictions on what you will accept?  Will you try to hear what was said?  

You would wish me to disect his comments?

I would welcome a genuine effort.  If you are just going to repeat your standard "relationship of grace" stuff don't bother.  

It could be martyr trolling. You will never know given there was no meaningful relationship established. I guess we could say it was meaningful if death is important.

Well why didn't you establish a meaningful relationship, Mr. Critic?  We are godless heathens trapped in our sin nature while you have the creator of the universe dwelling inside you blessing your life with the fruit of the spirit.  How come you don't get better results?

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

But no, same ole put your facts on the table and let us pick them apart with our intellect.

Isn't that the very purpose of The Lion's Den?

• Like 6

If 'facts' can be picked apart by intellect/logic - they weren't facts to begin with.

Full Definition of FACT

:  a thing done: as

a obsolete :  feat

b :  crime <accessory after the fact>

c archaic :  action
archaic :  performancedoing
:  the quality of being actual :  actuality <a question of facthinges on evidence>
a :  something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact>

b :  an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
:  a piece of information presented as having objective reality
— in fact
:  in truth

Foak is speaking gobbledegook…. I've heard the same lines many times in many different ways before. Not just xtian, but many other beliefs as well. It's garbage… word salad that has no real meaning except to the one speaking it.

Waste of time if you can't explain yourself, your 'knowledge' is useless to others… at least Chopra knows enough and is eloquent enough to sound convincing to the semi-educated.

• Like 5

at least Chopra knows enough and is eloquent enough to sound convincing to the semi-educated.

Ready thyself for wisdom!

Random Chopra Generator

"Infinity is at the heart of deep chaos" 

• Like 5

Well why didn't you establish a meaningful relationship, Mr. Critic?  We are godless heathens trapped in our sin nature while you have the creator of the universe dwelling inside you blessing your life with the fruit of the spirit.  How come you don't get better results?

I did. He and I exhanged friendly conversation in an off topic thread. ??

So you changed your mind about "no meaningful relationship established"?

That was fast.

If 'facts' can be picked apart by intellect/logic - they weren't facts to begin with.

Full Definition of FACT

:  a thing done: as

obsolete :  feat

:  crime <accessory after the fact>

archaic :  action

archaic :  performancedoing

:  the quality of being actual :  actuality <a question of facthinges on evidence>

:  something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact>

:  an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>

:  a piece of information presented as having objective reality

— in fact

:  in truth[/size]

Foak is speaking gobbledegook…. I've heard the same lines many times in many different ways before. Not just xtian, but many other beliefs as well. It's garbage… word salad that has no real meaning except to the one speaking it.

Waste of time if you can't explain yourself, your 'knowledge' is useless to others… at least Chopra knows enough and is eloquent enough to sound convincing to the semi-educated.

Just saying there is more to hearing that holding to rigid definitions. Mind you, it helps the conversation as it puts people on the same ground mostly. But in no way does it totally address communication. Just humble submission would be acceptable to me here.

So you changed your mind about "no meaningful relationship established"?

That was fast.

I didn't ever endeavor to have a conversation with him. But I bet I could\

But no, same ole put your facts on the table and let us pick them apart with our intellect.

If you wish to be a lion that kills for the rest of your life...go for it.

End3 pollutes yet another thread.  Fancy that.

• Like 5

Asking believers questions that they do not want to answer is not killing them.  Is telling children that Santa isn't real killing them too?  God, you are so melodramatic.  Every time you proclaim your gospel you are telling people of other faiths that their faith is wrong.  Do you kill them all?  

Nobody made Foak brag about how he could prove God is real.  He did that on his own.  We are not monsters for saying "Okay, show us" or "I don't see it".

• Like 3

Asking believers questions that they do not want to answer is not killing them.  Is telling children that Santa isn't real killing them too?  God, you are so melodramatic.  Every time you proclaim your gospel you are telling people of other faiths that their faith is wrong.  Do you kill them all?  

Nobody made Foak brag about how he could prove God is real.  He did that on his own.  We are not monsters for saying "Okay, show us" or "I don't see it".

It's figurative MM. When someone comes here in need of support and then is ridiculed, it's like death in that there are things that build people's life and things that destroy. Y'all are plenty life giving when it comes to non-believers, but have no problem dealing death to believers. What's the difference? Relative hypocrisy for everyone!

It's figurative MM. When someone comes here in need of support and then is ridiculed, it's like death in that there are things that build people's life and things that destroy. Y'all are plenty life giving when it comes to non-believers, but have no problem dealing death to believers. What's the difference? Relative hypocrisy for everyone!

You are making shit up again.

You are not even good at it.