Goodbye Jesus

Welcome To Ex-christian

Open_Minded

[quote OK... you two.... Hero Quest and, as I mentioned Quest for Glory is the same game series. I don't know why they changed the name. But you can tell how long someone loved the game by the name they refer to it by. I know that Asuryan got to experience more of the series than I did....lucky bastard!

http://www.mobygames.com/game/heros-quest-...ero/screenshots

http://www.mobygames.com/game_group/sheet/gameGroupId,35/

This whole game series deserves to be made compatable with modern operating systems!!! AAAAUGGH!!!

Try emulators, they've helped me playing lots of old and ancient games (Defender of the Crown... Hero Quest... Might and Magic 3, 4 and 5... Eye of the Beholder... and so on) ;) Since you have the original games, it is legal for you to get the roms of those games :)

And many 80's games are now abandonware, thus free for everyone even if you don't have their ROMs. :)

Hero quest can be downloaded here:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=504

About the might and magic series, I don't know. The 3 (Isles of Terra) was probably one of the best ones (1986 should be the year of its release, if I'm correct) AND 3do - new world computing has ceased existing, so, I think, it should be legal to download it somewhere, since no one has the rights to the game presently.

Al-Qadim and Albion are other 2 great games, but I guess one has to buy them :)

Dragon's Breath was a really nice game. Maybe more complicated, though. See at:

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=334

Another beautiful game? Loom. An adventure from Lucasarts, from when they were called Lucasfilm. http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=655

Ok, go, download, play and have fun! :)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Open_Minded

• Antlerman

• Ouroboros

• NotBlinded

I noticed their site is back up. I read the whole thread this time on us by everyone. Interestingly, there was one person in there who actually had a clue how to be a real person. It would be interesting to have that person come here for a respectful, intelligent discussion. I'm bored with the rhetorical bible-quoting, non-thinking people. I'm past that, (except occasionally simply for the sport of it in my less then kind moments :wicked: ).

It would be interesting to have that person come here for a respectful, intelligent discussion. I'm bored with the rhetorical bible-quoting, non-thinking people. I'm past that, (except occasionally simply for the sport of it in my less then kind moments :wicked: ).

Antlerman, you are so right.

This thread is welcoming folks from CF - (or any other Christian). Speaking as a Christian I can promise you that you will find friends here if you come with an willingness to have respectful and intelligient discussion.

But.... please.... if you're going to start some thread informing everyone that they are wrong, that they are destined for hell, that they are whatever negative label you want to put on them, then do yourself a favor and leave - before you start.

Yes, if the people are like you OM or Amanda or Sophie, then at least there's some exchange of ideas, but The Listener that didn't listen and Chris De-Vidal that teaches a false gospel, or Sub_(Standard)_Zer0, they have nothing to give that's new or interesting. Fundamentalism was my life for a very long time, I'm done with it. Liberal Christianity or Gnosticism are completely different and rather interesting to me, not because I think there is a God anymore from it, but I'm just curious by nature and I like people with humble attitude (because I'm in learning).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone... just bumping this thread back to the top because I noticed a new post about Ex-Christians on CF.

Posted 9th February 2006, 12:01 PM on
http://www.christianforums.com/t2551002-ro...sic.html&page=3

One last note... has noone ever heard of Satanic people playing like they are Christians going to Chruch so that they can pull Some of us away from the faith?

What if there are Witches here that are saying they are Christians but they really are planting seeds of poison to tear people away from the faith? i know there are that type of people here because it would be fun for them to do. and because it seems this one dude i talked to who is an ex-christian says he is because( if i remember right) this girl was all nice to him for some time then she said to him alot " you should just kill yourself"...

To any Christian trolling this board

First .... Welcome to Ex-C.

Second... The reason I copied this post into this welcome thread is to answer the question ... here ... on board full of Ex-Christians.

I am not angry that someone posted this question. If you read the whole post at CF, you will see how full of fear this person is. It makes me quite sad, actually. I wish I could sit him/her down and talk to them about the fear they are experiencing. I can't .... so I will say what I'd like to say here.

First of all... no ex-christian that I know of is going to go to a church and try to pull some of you "away from faith". Every ex-christian I know hates deception - because they've experienced it so much within the church. So.... generally speaking they do not practice deception themselves.

Every ex-Christian that I know hates being proselytized to ... so I can't imagine that they'd have the least interest in going into churches and ex-proselytizing to Christians.

Stick around this board .. ask honest questions to people about why they have made the decisions they've made. You might be surprised that they are people just like you are. And you might be surprised that they can help you get rid of that awful fear that you are feeling.

The only thing they will ask of you is to put down your Bible, be honest - and NOT to proselytize.

:58::beer:

Open_Minded, are you SURE you're not one of us "heathens"? :wicked::grin:

Good post, my friend.

It makes me quite sad, actually. I wish I could sit him/her down and talk to them about the fear they are experiencing. I can't .... so I will say what I'd like to say here.

It makes me sad too. And angry. Angry at a religion that teaches - as in Ephesians 6:12 - "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I hate religion.

It dehumanizes people. No one is just a human being. Everyone is being influenced by heavenly or demonic forces. Everyone is either a friend or an enemy. Approved by God or condemned by God.

Save that shit for playing video games. It's not real.

When will people learn that we are all basically the same. Human. All of us have unanswered questions. Struggles. Frailties. Successes. Failures.

When will we learn that we are all members of the same club? Club Life.

Not in my lifetime, I'm afraid.

Good post, my friend.

Hey thanks Mr. Grinch...

Yes... I can't help it. I'm the daughter of two people who left the church when I was 12-13 years old. My mother considers herself a Diest. My father is liberal Christian now, but during my teen years and early 20s he considered himself agnostic. They taught me well.

:beer:

Cheers to you as well. ;)

Good post, my friend.

Hey thanks Mr. Grinch...

Yes... I can't help it. I'm the daughter of two people who left the church when I was 12-13 years old. My mother considers herself a Diest. My father is liberal Christian now, but during my teen years and early 20s he considered himself agnostic. They taught me well.

You're a female O_M? I apologize for all the times I said he!

Good post, my friend.

Hey thanks Mr. Grinch...

Don't worry - I could have said something as well. It's taken me awhile to get comfortable here - in addition I always worried a fundy would come in here and recognize me - but the longer I'm here the more I realize that the possibility is quite slim. Even if they do come in and read about the work I do in my community and put 2+2 together, I'm just going to have to deal with it. ;)

Don't worry - I could have said something as well. It's taken me awhile to get comfortable here - in addition I always worried a fundy would come in here and recognize me - but the longer I'm here the more I realize that the possibility is quite slim. Even if they do come in and read about the work I do in my community and put 2+2 together, I'm just going to have to deal with it. ;)

It makes no difference to me other than having to revamp my mental imagery! :10:

Yeah sure!!! Apologize for assuming she was a male! I get it.... "I'm sorry I thought you were just a man" Yeah, I get it, I get it.... :lmao::lmao:

Yeah sure!!! Apologize for assuming she was a male! I get it.... "I'm sorry I thought you were just a man" Yeah, I get it, I get it.... :lmao::lmao:

Well...I....ummm...well, I just assumed because the English language does not have non-gender specific pronouns....yeah, that's it! :twitch: What is an English speaking person supposed to do?

But, it does point to a basic problem with our upbringing doesn't it? We have to assume one way or the other and I was just noticing the other day that when we don't know if someone or some animal is male of female, most of us will say he or him. I guess we could use the non-gender specific, plural pronoun of they, but that does nothing for the images my mind creates.

Did I BS my way out of that yet? If not, let me know and I will try some more! :grin:

Its good that you now understand why many of us left the faith.

We just wanna sin, have promiscuous sexual encounters, and worship/get decived by Satan. Thats all.

If one reads through the webmaster's many postings on the main page of this site, it would seem as if none of the activites listed above are prohibited practices among Christians, especially within the esteemed clergy. Religion might be alot better off if it could just shake off the rantings of all the ministers and mullahs, IMO. :vent:

O_M's a she :o .... blimey :D

But, it does point to a basic problem with our upbringing doesn't it? We have to assume one way or the other and I was just noticing the other day that when we don't know if someone or some animal is male of female, most of us will say he or him. I guess we could use the non-gender specific, plural pronoun of they, but that does nothing for the images my mind creates.

Did I BS my way out of that yet? If not, let me know and I will try some more! :grin:

This is a point I have been aware of and it's always interesting to see it at play within myself and others. When someone assumes someone is one gender, or race, or culture they bring along all sorts of assumptions about that person that affects how they perceive or respond to that individual. Sometimes this is actually helpful, but I would say in most cases it's not and actually interferes. It is intriguing how much each of us are products of culture.

BTW, you need to squirm a little more for me. I really enjoyed that! Thanks. :grin:

Wow. I didn't know either.

No WONDER O_M is so witty and intelligent! She's one of us!

If one reads through the webmaster's many postings on the main page of this site, it would seem as if none of the activites listed above are prohibited practices among Christians, especially within the esteemed clergy. Religion might be alot better off if it could just shake off the rantings of all the ministers and mullahs, IMO. :vent:

Religion would be a lot better off if it could just shake off the rantings, the molestations, the hypocrasy, the double-talk, the misdirections, the fear mongering, the fiscal aspect, the trying to uphold myth as reality, the ignorance, the arrogance, and the close-mindedness.

I forgot something...

I know I forgot something.

Probably a couple things.

Just get rid of the religion & religion will be good.

See!! See!!! So if I was to tell you I am really Antlerwoman, you would view me as something better all of sudden? That's it, isn't it?? I know how this goes... :lmao:

See!! See!!! So if I was to tell you I am really Antlerwoman, you would view me as something better all of sudden? That's it, isn't it?? I know how this goes... :lmao:

Ha! :lmao:

Somehow Antlerwoman doesn't have the same ring to it.

It's just better to see you with female intelligence!

Just joking!

Really!

It was just a joke!

:lmao:

We love you even though you're a guy! :wicked:

Wow ... one little revelation and all this fuss. :)

Thanks, all of you .... especially for "No WONDER O_M is so witty and intelligent"... that's high praise indeed. I'm touched. :wub:

And - Antlerman & NotBlinded ;) you seem to be having some fun with this. :lmao:

Wow ... one little revelation and all this fuss. :)

Thanks, all of you .... especially for "No WONDER O_M is so witty and intelligent"... that's high praise indeed. I'm touched. :wub:

And - Antlerman & NotBlinded ;) you seem to be having some fun with this. :lmao:

Well, I wasn't fooled. I always knew you were female. I'm just that intelligent and intuitive.

:twitch:

I also believe in Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior. :wicked::fdevil::rotfl:

I also believe in Jesus Christ as my personal lord and savior. :wicked::fdevil::rotfl:

:lmao::funny:

You do make me laugh, Mr. Grinch, from the very first you've made me laugh .... :funny:

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... time for another bump up. Another visit to CF and another comment from a poster on that board that is worth putting out here for comments and answers.

All members of this forum will be happy to know there is a reason ex-christian.net exists .... see the following. (shaking head)

A Christian can walk away from god because God is a gentleman and allows free choice. Walk far enough away and Satan can certainly pick you off. Hence exchristian forums and its like.

Link: http://www.christianforums.com/showpost.ph...72&postcount=30

I don't even know how to respond to this post ... reading the whole post it is quite clear to me that the poster believes s/he has all the answers. :shrug:

So .... there isn't much one can say - but since we get regular visits from evangelical Christians - it's important to bump this thread up occasionally and let members of Ex-C respond to presumptions made by members in their discussions at CF.

A Christian can walk away from god because God is a gentleman and allows free choice. Walk far enough away and Satan can certainly pick you off. Hence exchristian forums and its like.

Funny. I don't remember asking His permission.

And I didn't walk away. I escaped. :woohoo:

I don't think I could spend five minutes on CF.