Goodbye Jesus

My 2 cents

Bibler

But if Jesus did exist he was just a cultist like we have all seen in modern history with a few parlor tricks up his sleeve.

• Like 2

So you believe that Jesus was the son of God, did everything that was reported of him that lead to him having a huge following some 100's of years after his death?

Hindis still believe in Shiva - by your logic Shiva must have been real or else the worship of Shiva would have fizzed out long ago.

I get what you are saying Whitehorse, and in part agree with what you are getting at, but the logic you use to get to your conclusions is IMHO flawed.

I think you are severely underestimating the human propensity to believe what is not evidently true.

No my friend I don't believe in Jesus truth claims, just some stuff he said works. But anyone could arrive as such conclusions about life.

I say Jesus was a real person, because it takes a real person to create a belief system to fuck shit up. Collateral damage is a big chunk of evidence for me to know someone was Jesus to start this whole thing that's set our world adrift into madness.

it takes a real person to create a belief system to fuck shit up.

Mythicists would agree with that. Nobody's arguing that the belief system wasn't created by real people. It just doesn't follow that it had to be Jesus who was a real person. It's possible, but definitely not necessary.

• Like 2

Mythicists would agree with that. Nobody's arguing that the belief system wasn't created by real people. It just doesn't follow that it had to be Jesus who was a real person. It's possible, but definitely not necessary.

Yeah, who knows who that guy actually was. Christians are sure who, but the new testament doesn't really paint a coherent picture. No wonder there's so many different faiths within their religion.

As the unknown Jesus said

"A house divided against itself, will not stand"

But I think we know that already, we didn't need someone to tell us.

Yeah, who knows who that guy actually was. Christians are sure who, but the new testament doesn't really paint a coherent picture. No wonder there's so many different faiths within their religion.

As the unknown Jesus said

"A house divided against itself, will not stand"

But I think we know that already, we didn't need someone to tell us.

Christianity does not have a copyright, trademark or patent on morality or reality.

Every statement attributed to Jesus has an earlier source.

It is not the person that counts.  It is the idea.

• Like 3

Christianity does not have a copyright, trademark or patent on morality or reality.

Every statement attributed to Jesus has an earlier source.

It is not the person that counts.  It is the idea.

I was so dopey once to believe Jesus words were all original.

• Like 1

perhaps ask for somebody to sum up all questions that you'd like me to answer, in one post?

Well if jesus wants anyone back in the fold he made a mistake in sending this one here with his lack of commitment! :o

I was so dopey once to believe Jesus words were all original.

It's not your fault. You were lied to by the church, just like the rest of us.

It's not your fault. You were lied to by the church, just like the rest of us.

Yeah, but it's over now.

... you better prepare your demons to be annihilated by the might of The Lord.

Hey everybody, I see you guys have turned your back on Christ, so I felt like the Holy Spirit has moved me to try and win some of you back into His Kingdom. I've noticed some Christians have tried to do the same but most of them seem to back off fairly quickly and I'm pretty disappointed with that. I'm here to stay and fight your demons, and with The Lord's help maybe save a soul or two. So bring it on!

Now, my only appeal is that since you're a bunch of people and I'm just one dude, if you have questions, please try to focus on one at a time so we may be able to discuss it properly, instead of throwing dozens of 'em left and right.

I'm glad to not be part of the shaming and guilt (I see you guys have turned your back on Christ. Shame on you!) of Christianity anymore.

I'm glad to not suffer irrational fears (Demons? I have demons in me?) from Christianity anymore.

• Like 2

Well if jesus wants anyone back in the fold he made a mistake in sending this one here with his lack of commitment! :o

1q4fd5.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Like 2

Guest end3

Ok Dark Bishop....cause I said I would.  My off the cuff comment to the Exodus discussion is.....and please accept I am wonderfully ignorant in this regard, is I'm thinking that a good bit of their provisions would have been organic.....not something we would find thousands of years later.  That's a shallow guess at best, but kind of backed up by the plane crash a couple years back where our best technology still hasn't located that airliner that went down. 

From a different perspective, I guess I was reading where they have difficulty pinning down when and where the exodus took place....some writings matching up locationally speaking, but I think the end result what archeology has only taken us "so far" on this matter.

I apologize, but didn't have time to read the responses to his allegory, end of story attempt.  I feel your pain on that one.  Take care.

• Super Moderator

please accept I am wonderfully ignorant

We do that for all the christians, here, End3.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

I'm thinking that a good bit of their provisions would have been organic.....not something we would find thousands of years later. 

Unlike the organic dinosaur bones, which we find millions of years later.

• Like 2

• Super Moderator

Key word, provisions....

Right, because bones aren't provisions in the traditional sense of "providing", given that they don't provide structural support, strength, or even immunological cells.  Lousy fucking bones.

• Super Moderator

Of course, we never find any "provisions" from the Egyptian culture which thrived at the same time this "exodus" allegedly took place.  Nor any "provisions" from the empire of Hammurabi, which preceded it.  As a result of not finding "provisions" of said cultures, it is reasonably safe to assume that they are completely mythological.

...Except for those giant-ass pyramids.

Guest end3

Right, because bones aren't provisions in the traditional sense of "providing", given that they don't provide structural support, strength, or even immunological cells.  Lousy fucking bones.

You're had to reach for that one.....but once again, your superior intellect saved the day.  I doubt the ego will win the war....js. 

• Super Moderator

You're had to reach for that one.....but once again, your superior intellect saved the day.  I doubt the ego will win the war....js. 

Okay, what about the "provisions" the dinosaurs did have, such as trees for food.  Are they not preserved in the fossil record?  This isn't about intellect, so much as it is about intellectual honesty.  You're a chemist; you know the proper definition of "organic".

• Like 1

Ok Dark Bishop....cause I said I would.  My off the cuff comment to the Exodus discussion is.....and please accept I am wonderfully ignorant in this regard, is I'm thinking that a good bit of their provisions would have been organic.....not something we would find thousands of years later.  That's a shallow guess at best, but kind of backed up by the plane crash a couple years back where our best technology still hasn't located that airliner that went down. 

From a different perspective, I guess I was reading where they have difficulty pinning down when and where the exodus took place....some writings matching up locationally speaking, but I think the end result what archeology has only taken us "so far" on this matter.

I apologize, but didn't have time to read the responses to his allegory, end of story attempt.  I feel your pain on that one.  Take care.

Yes, much would have been organic and would have dissipated.  But not all organic things dissipate quickly...bones, teeth, charcoal (from fires), leather, among other things.  In addition, discarded, broken or lost technological artifacts, such as pottery, forged metal items and clothing would easily survive thousands of years in the dry environment at issue.

That being said, it is not correct to say, "The Exodus did not happen because no evidence of the journey has been found in the Sinai desert."  Not all parts or square meters of the Sinai have been searched.  Shifting sands covers things, sometimes deeply.

The fancifulness of the Exodus story is based on more than just the lack of archeological evidence of millions of people being in a desert for 40 years.

Guest end3

Okay, what about the "provisions" the dinosaurs did have, such as trees for food.  Are they not preserved in the fossil record?  This isn't about intellect, so much as it is about intellectual honesty.  You're a chemist; you know the proper definition of "organic".

Quit being a douchebag.  I have no clue what constituted the "provisions" of that time period....hence my comment, "off the cuff".  I can imagine wood, fabrics maybe.  I have no clue without studying the subject.  I was being honest.  I gave two answers...you see to want the one that belittles the person rather than the intellectual discussion. 

• Super Moderator

Quit being a douchebag.  I have no clue what constituted the "provisions" of that time period....hence my comment, "off the cuff".  I can imagine wood, fabrics maybe.  I have no clue without studying the subject.  I was being honest.  I gave two answers...you see to want the one that belittles the person rather than the intellectual discussion. 

I didn't aim to offend you, End3.  And you know I value your honesty.  In contrast to most christians, you really do wrestle with this stuff; and I respect you for it.  My apologies.

• Like 1

Guest end3

I didn't aim to offend you, End3.  And you know I value your honesty.  In contrast to most christians, you really do wrestle with this stuff; and I respect you for it.  My apologies.

Not a problem...thx.

• Super Moderator

Not a problem...thx.

Good man.  Would you like to have a conversation concerning the alleged exodus?  I will admit up front, I have no expertise on the subject.