Goodbye Jesus

My 2 cents

Bibler

@bornagainathiest, thank you for sharing this painting. Isn't God's creation just beautiful?

Also, it was certainly not my intention to come off as special, but I find it difficult to get the quoting right, especially when I have to switch pages, and that alone eats up a lot of my time. It would be really easier if I could quote just one post and get back to work on my post. Anyhow, I'll do it either way this weekend, so you better prepare your demons to be annihilated by the might of The Lord.

Yawn.

yawn-lion.jpg

So you want all of our questions summed up so that you might avoid having to answer something? Hmm...

I have no doubt that you may have a boatload of other things to do. But you can see how it seems highly convenient to us.

Guest end3

Yeah he even went off to remote places to get away from his followers. Makes you wonder.

No, I expect he went away to understand the relationship between he and the Father.

No, I expect he went away to understand the relationship between he and the Father.

I thought he already understood it. Or was that imposed on him later in history by people with theological agendas?

Guest end3

I thought he already understood it. Or was that imposed on him later in history by people with theological agendas?

Good question...have no idea whether he was given the entire understanding at birth or if it was communicated over time.  Could be the agenda thing too...but I have faith in my first answer...lol.

Edit:  Maybe Jesus was sent just as a demonstration for humanity.

Hi, I've been very busy these days and I've got loads of stuff left to do as well. I'm probably going to have some free time this weekend, so could I perhaps ask for somebody to sum up all questions that you'd like me to answer, in one post?

Also, it was certainly not my intention to come off as special, but I find it difficult to get the quoting right, especially when I have to switch pages, and that alone eats up a lot of my time. It would be really easier if I could quote just one post and get back to work on my post. Anyhow, I'll do it either way this weekend, so you better prepare your demons to be annihilated by the might of The Lord.

So, you want someone else here to take the time to do something that you don't want to take the time to do? Sorry, but not only is that not likely to happen, but it's also not a good idea. If someone listed all the questions in one post and you simply quote that post, then the people who originally posted the questions wouldn't get the notifications that they were replied to. That's why it would be better for you to quote the original posts you're replying to.

Also, nobody has asked that you include all the quotes from multiple pages in a single post, so I don't see why you're concerned about quoting from multiple pages. You can respond to a single post at a time, a handful at a time, or a whole page at a time. Just do whatever works best for you.

By the way, don't worry about trying to annihilate things that don't exist, such as demons. It really is a waste of time. Also, don't be surprised if you fail to convince any of us. We used to be believers ourselves, and most of us didn't leave on a whim. For many of us it took insurmountable evidence to get us to let go of a worldview that we desperately wanted to hold onto. We did not change our views haphazardly, so if you really want to convince us to go back to something that we've learned is not true, then your task is quite daunting.

• Like 1

Edit:  Maybe Jesus was sent just as a demonstration for humanity.

So many assumptions in such a short line.

Maybe Jesus never existed?

Maybe Jesus was simply a radical teacher?

• Like 1

Yes, I have my answer, but I don't have Bibler's, which is what I'm looking for.

Oh I C. So no Christian has told you how they know the will of God.

@bornagainathiest, thank you for sharing this painting. Isn't God's creation just beautiful?

@Bibler

I'm choking on laughter.

"Might of the Lord"....??

Is this the same Lord that couldn't handle iron chariots, and now apparently needs help summarising questions on a forum?

Seriously, you gota stop making your god look weak.

PS: Please remember to answer my questions - I've posted them twice in fairly condensed format on pages 4 and 6. Shouldn't be hard to spot for the might of the lord.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1

How, he is the father.

@Bibler

I'm choking on laughter.

"Might of the Lord"....??

Is this the same Lord that couldn't handle iron chariots, and now apparently needs help summarising questions on a forum?

Seriously, you gota stop making your god look weak.

PS: Please remember to answer my questions - I've posted them twice in fairly condensed format on pages 4 and 6. Shouldn't be hard to spot for the might of the lord.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

@Bibler I see you decided to ignore me and still take the high ground with us. How are you going to minister to us if you're so prideful? You have made exactly zero effort so far and as I see you don't really want to spend any. 

• Like 1

Oh I C. So no Christian has told you how they know the will of God.

That's correct.

That's correct.

Yeah, that's a hard one. Maybe they themselves don't know objectively.

Guest end3

So many assumptions in such a short line.

Maybe Jesus never existed?

Maybe Jesus was simply a radical teacher?

If he were a radical teacher, sure seems like he hit the target a good bit.

Please see response #155.  Thx.

So God had to tell himself what he already knew.

Actually Jesus was no radical teacher, he only drew his wisdom from observing what any person can know. In fact without his so called powers he was a very lousy person. 

Ah goody ? @end3 I don't believe we've met before. Glad to finally meet you. Maybe you can be so kind as to pick up where bibler left off. Could you look at the question I asked him in post 47. To which he replied and said it was an allegory in post 53. And my return arguement in post 64? Maybe you could give me your take on the issue.

Best regards,

DB

• Like 1

Actually Jesus was no radical teacher, he only drew his wisdom from observing what any person can know. In fact without his so called powers he was a very lousy person. 

I'm going to have a go at both of you here:

@end3 Target? What target? There are radical teachers today, their followers would say they hit the 'target'. It's easy to hit a target when you draw circles around the bullet marks!

@Whitehorse You are making a number of assertions there about Jesus. Care to back those assertions up? Remember one of our options regarding the existence of Jesus is that he didn't exist making anyone's assertions about Jesus null and void.

• Like 2

Guest end3

So God had to tell himself what he already knew.

Did you not read 155?  Did he get the full knowledge at birth, or later?  Did the manifestation as a human restrict him somehow, different "properties"?  Did he choose to restrict himself?  Again, did he do it as a demonstration for our benefit? 

I'm going to have a go at both of you here:

@end3 Target? What target? There are radical teachers today, their followers would say they hit the 'target'. It's easy to hit a target when you draw circles around the bullet marks!

@Whitehorse You are making a number of assertions there about Jesus. Care to back those assertions up? Remember one of our options regarding the existence of Jesus is that he didn't exist making anyone's assertions about Jesus null and void.

Jesus is a real dude or was, otherwise Christianity would have fizzed out long ago with all our elephant Gods. Just because Jesus was real doesn't make him special, and his special knowledge is just common sense.

It's not like any of us can't over come his mighty truth.

Guest end3

Ah goody ? End3 I don't believe we've met before. Glad to finally meet you. Maybe you can be so kind as to pick up where bibler left off. Could you look at the question I asked him in post 47. To which he replied and said it was an allegory in post 53. And my return arguement in post 64? Maybe you could give me your take on the issue.

Best regards,

DB

Thanks, good to meet you as well.  No promises DB, but I will make an attempt.  I am currently at work and have time for the short responses, but if you will please let me take a bit, I will make an effort.  Very much appreciated.

Jesus is a real dude or was, otherwise Christianity would have fizzed out long ago with all our elephant Gods. Just because Jesus was real doesn't make him special, and his special knowledge is just common sense.

So you believe that Jesus was the son of God, did everything that was reported of him that lead to him having a huge following some 100's of years after his death?

Hindis still believe in Shiva - by your logic Shiva must have been real or else the worship of Shiva would have fizzed out long ago.

I get what you are saying Whitehorse, and in part agree with what you are getting at, but the logic you use to get to your conclusions is IMHO flawed.

I think you are severely underestimating the human propensity to believe what is not evidently true.

• Like 1

Actually there are some pretty good arguements that it was all made up. This is @Geezer favorite subject I think. So he could give you more info on the Jesus myth and how it came to be. All of the gospels were written after his death. It could have all been made up by whoever claimed to be Paul. Also I have found out since I've been here that there are only 6 or 7 pauline epistles that are written by the same person. The rest are forgeries and there is a lot of evidence to back that up. Believe me I thought the same thing about Jesus right after my deconversion as you. Now I'm rethinking that stance. I need to study that out but there is so much to learn about biblical history and facts after you deconvert. I have to take small chunks at a time and let it sink in. Know what I mean?

DB

• Like 1