Goodbye Jesus

Evidence Types

Edgarcito

18 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

have been busy at making a living. 

Isn't that the pits? But when you retire you'll have even less time. Trust me on this.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:02 PM, older said:

Isn't that the pits? But when you retire you'll have even less time. Trust me on this.

Has it's moment for sure.  I shall take that advice.  Had an old man watch me head to work one Saturday morning and told me I just needed to go back and spend the time with my children because the time would go so quickly.  I didn't listen and he was right.  I expect your advice to be equally correct.

Back to the discussion....I'm thinking communion was possibly given that we may still be tied to something physical.... the body and life of Jesus/God.  I gather there are many ideas about communion.  Outside of arguing about what science does or doesn't understand....

And a thought that has gone through my mind.....is there an actual mechanism that ties our beliefs to our actions.  Do we believe because we do, essentially.

Just abstract thinking.....thanks.

Edit:  Or that we share in that which "is".  Perhaps we believe because we experience....whether it is has validity or not. 

• Super Moderator

Are you secretly End3?

9 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

Are you secretly End3?

Took you long enough...lol

So here's the point....shouldn't our experiences guide us to belief.....shouldn't math describe a infinite positive and an infinite negative, and shouldn't we acknowledge that we are capable of residing in both...."good" and "evil".  Perhaps there are mechanisms that move us to the positive and negative...I.e. that we commune in those directions.....  giving, sacrifice, intimacy, understanding moves us in a certain direction, while drugs, stealing, rape, violence move us in a different direction.  We are though capable of the entirety.  We seem to wax and wane out of who we are, sometime hovering around our experiences from our youth, and moving in a direction based on our securities or insecurities.    Travel comes to mind as broadening our experience and thus broadening our beliefs can capabilities.

How you doing sir.  Delete me if you must, but Dave was the one that allowed me to rejoin.  Missed you guys..

And isn't there a verse that basically says that belief should be almost self-evident just by looking around? 

Then the question becomes.....why do we resonate in one state.... 

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Endgarcito . :)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, midniterider said:

Endgarcito . :)

Hey brother! Lol

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

And isn't there a verse that basically says that belief should be almost self-evident just by looking around? 

Everywhere I look I see the Flying Spaghetti Monster's hand ... err...noodley appendages at work.

2 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

So here's the point....shouldn't our experiences guide us to belief.....shouldn't math describe a infinite positive and an infinite negative, and shouldn't we acknowledge that we are capable of residing in both...."good" and "evil". 

Someone is going to say our experiences guide us to belief in Jesus. Someone else will say our experiences guide us to atheism. 

I am capable of residing in both spirituality and science, logic, common sense, together. I just choose to be in charge of my own beliefs. Letting a pastor, parishioner, book, or imaginary friend who is really myself dont resonate well with me. 

I may have just thought up a better response to the vehicle sticker "He>i" . How about "He=I." 

4 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

And a thought that has gone through my mind.....is there an actual mechanism that ties our beliefs to our actions.  Do we believe because we do, essentially.

The mechanism could be our imagination, and/or our brain.

3 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Bloody hell I have an inception feeling.

Welcome back... or did you never truly leave us? Hmmm

Why didn't you just resurrect your old account?

21 minutes ago, LogicalFallacy said:

Bloody hell I have an inception feeling.

Welcome back... or did you never truly leave us? Hmmm

Why didn't you just resurrect your old account?

Lol, thank you, D said it was gone, couldn't be "reborn"...lol

12 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Lol, thank you, D said it was gone, couldn't be "reborn"...lol

Ahhh so it was wiped from existance.

End3 is dead... long live Edgarcito!

So what made you come back? Miss us? ;) :D 

• Super Moderator
5 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

I had my suspicions early on; but then I got side-tracked with the ten-year-old sex slave thing... which you still haven't addressed, by the way.

6 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Hmmm... 

Having read through a great many of BAA's threads, I've seen where he interacted with End3.

But, if I had interacted with End3, watched him depart and then interacted in good faith with someone calling themselves Edgarcito, this revelation would leave a nasty taste in my mouth.

😠

• Super Moderator

The "Ed" thing made me wonder and suspect a little, but Edgarcito seemed so much dumber.

35 minutes ago, florduh said:

The "Ed" thing made me wonder and suspect a little, but Edgarcito seemed so much dumber.

That's funny, I'm essentially using your arguments and I'm still wrong....????

• Haha 1

Let's say that eternal life is + infinity on the number line and death is - infinity.  And then lets compare our lives to this line..... It's obvious that we are subject to both sides of zero in that we can see progressions/intervals each way,   And we would surmise that we may practice behaviors that move us each way.....whether it is our practice or someone else's practice that we are/were subject to.....

Our experiences, our interactions, move us and sway us towards belief. 

Was just contemplating whether communion was a physical practice that moved us in a positive direction. 

And Walter, you are just in being disappointed......I think ExC has rules against coming back as another.  Thought Dave would have told the mods...but he didn't apparently.  Not sure what to do with that.  I assume I could get nixed from membership...their call.   

Carry on.

• Super Moderator
44 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

That's funny, I'm essentially using your arguments and I'm still wrong....????

I just said Edgarcito was dumber, not wrong. Of course he's wrong, too. 😂

Welcome back!

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, florduh said:

Edgarcito seemed so much dumber.

That's what initially kept me from voicing my suspicions.  Edgarcito just seems so much more shallow and immature than End3.  

16 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

And Walter, you are just in being disappointed......I think ExC has rules against coming back as another.  Thought Dave would have told the mods...but he didn't apparently.  Not sure what to do with that.  I assume I could get nixed from membership...their call.   

End3 / Edgarcito,

I'm neither disappointed nor left with a nasty taste, because I never interacted with you as End3. 

But why didn't you do the honest thing from get go and say who you really were?

That way, if you were nixed by the Mods, then at least you'd have done right by the other members.

This way, you were insincere and waited until the Redneck Prof called you out.

Insincerity being the antonym of honesty.

• Super Moderator

I thought it was a good stunt. What's the harm?

34 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

That's what initially kept me from voicing my suspicions.  Edgarcito just seems so much more shallow and immature than End3.  

Credit to him - his MO was significantly different that I didn't think of any correlation.

Now that his cover is blown we might see more of the classic End3 posts?