Goodbye Jesus

Blotted Out Of Book Of Life

jasonwhatever

Hi everyone, It's been years since our last exchange. I'm still alive and am doing a lot better most of the time. Every once in a while, I go through those periods of anxiety and despair, but they go away much faster and aren't as severe. Hope everyone is still around and doing well :)

I never met you, but I am glad things are going better for you now than they apparently were in the past.

This forum has many people on it who recanted their faith many years ago. Many Rosh Hashana's have passed. They're still here.

Yes, but it is true that not all who profess were truly ever saved. Most on here don't believe that God is real. This seems unfathomable to me, if they were ever truly saved in the first place.

Above, someone asked what exactly did I do to have this happen? During last summer, I wandered away from The Lord in my heart and it culminated one day when I said "Oh my God!" I truly feel that at that point, The Lord left me and I was blotted out of The Book of Life.

I'm terrified and hopeless. No psychologist can fix my problem.

If you were born in the middle east or India you would not be worried about the xtian god. You would be worried about the respective gods in the middle east or India. Therefore, on what basis is your xtian god the for-sure thing? Everyone claims their god is the real thing so who is right? Stop ruining your life because of some ancient's zeal to control people and take their money.

Hi everyone, It's been years since our last exchange. I'm still alive and am doing a lot better most of the time. Every once in a while, I go through those periods of anxiety and despair, but they go away much faster and aren't as severe. Hope everyone is still around and doing well :)

Jason,

I read all about your fears from several years ago, and since you're several rosh hoshannas past your previous deadline, I'm wondering where you stand on all those issues?

Are you still a believer? Did the fact that you weren't killed change the way you thought about the bible or god? Are you still a part of the church?

Hope you're doing well and staying happy.

ok, me just joined this website this year, and just read the whole stuff.

looks like jason is obsessed with the tyrant god, hell and the unforgiveable sin for whatever reasons. It's gonna take time to remove these toxic thoughts from the system that had built up over the years, taking a step at a time.

Also did you (jason) just hopped back to ex-C after 4 years hiatus or has been lurking around?

hope the fear of god/hell/sin has somehow diminished,,,,,,

cheers and live to see another year

Well, if I could change my profile off of "Christian," I would. I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but can't find an option to change it.

Someone asked how I feel these days. Honestly, most of the time I don't really even think about religion. Every once in a while, something triggers that fear and dread again. Most of the time, when I do think about it, I basically feel like I'm biding my time on earth before I die and burn in hell. Lovely feeling, going through life never with a full sense of peace. Thanks Jesus, wonderful gentle shepherd. lol. Yesterday I went to a viewing for someone who died, and it just stirred up the thoughts again.

That said, I think Genesis is a bunch of bs. The most compelling evidences to me that the Bible is not infallible are the fact that, unlike the clear claim by the Bible that humanity is 6,000 years old, there is abundant evidence that mankind has been on the earth MUCH longer than that. Cave paintings, tools in ancient villages, etc. Yet, if you follow the Bible's lineage claims from Adam to Jesus, taking into account the ages it says the patriarchs lived, all that, it comes out to about 4000 years, plus 2000 or so from Christ to now. The global flood never happened- and to think it did is absurd. The notion that patriarchs lived hundreds of years is silly. People are living longer now than they did thousands of years ago.

Another thing is that the notion behind the bible is that before the fall, the world was pristine, in a perfect state. And death supposedly only entered into the world because of the sin of Adam-- both Paul's letters and the OT suggest this. The NT makes it quite clear. And yet dinosaurs and other creatures have been dying on the earth for millions of years.

Then the whole way that the Gospel writers obviously were plucking OT passages and then saying that Jesus was the fulfillment of those in order to affirm his divinity. And yet on closer inspection, it's obvious that those scriptures either had nothing to do with pointing towards Jesus, or worse.

I esp like the way that the verse in the OT that supposedly is used to say it was foretold Jesus would be born of a virgin does not even mean "virgin" in the original language. And if Jesus were born of a virgin, then why is Paul basically silent on this? The books of the NT seem like a hodge-podge, and politics played a role in what was written.

How about the passages that say when Jesus was resurrected, many saints were seen walking about Jerusalem? That would be quite a sight, yet there is no historical records of that at all. And, if Jesus really performed all these miracles and signs and wonders through the Holy Spirit, then why no historical record? You would think that Josephus and others would take about the miracles. It's also strange how that all these people walking around Jerusalem in their spirit bodies is not even mentioned, or hardly mentioned, again anywhere in the Bible.

How about Jesus' claims that there "be some standing here who shall not taste of death til they see the son of man coming..." didn't happen. I'm pretty sure they are all dead and gone. lol.

I think that when you are brainwashed into Christianity at a young age as I was, it becomes so strongly inculcated into you to the point of even being like it becomes a part of the physiology of your brain. It is extremely difficult to completely shake. But it gives me peace to know that if I'm damned, then god is a hypocrite. Peter denied Jesus three times with cussing and swearing, yet it not only forgiven but according to the Bible, high in the K. of God. All I did was angrily say "OMG," leading to my psychosis. Somehow my sin is greater? Or the example of Solomon, who was visited by God twice, and saw god in his dreams, had special grace, all that. Yet, he ended up turning cold toward god because of his 700 wives and 300 part-time whores, and then later worshipped abominable gods, burning incense to them, all that. Yet, for "david's sake" undoubtedly according to the Bible, Solomon is in heaven now.

Speaking of which, anyone else notice the hypocrisy of bible god's judgements? What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Solomon sacrificed to all those idols, yet it's okay basically, even thought Solomon had special grace and prosperity by God. Few are ever granted a vision from God, yet Solomon was according to the OT- twice. "To him that much is given much shall be required." God did not punish him--- God instead punished Israel, and that only AFTER Solomon was dead. But God left a house in Israel "for David's sake." David, the murderer, pervert with his hundreds of wives, coveter of another man's wife, and who killed hundreds of men. When David sinned, God punished David's babies by slaying them. Another time David sins, and god slays thousands of Israelites-- all because David numbered Israel. Very arbitrary and random judgements.

Anyway, just random thoughts. :)

• Like 1

• Super Moderator

Well, if I could change my profile off of "Christian," I would. I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but can't find an option to change it.

Betcha if you PM one of the mods, they'll be delighted to change your "Christian" title! FrogsToadBigGrin.gif

The cruelty and hypocrisy of buybull god -- good reasons to stay away from christinsanity! Of course, the best reason is that god is a man-made concoction. Glad you made your way out!

<snip>

Speaking of which, anyone else notice the hypocrisy of bible god's judgements? What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander. Solomon sacrificed to all those idols, yet it's okay basically, even thought Solomon had special grace and prosperity by God. Few are ever granted a vision from God, yet Solomon was according to the OT- twice. "To him that much is given much shall be required." God did not punish him--- God instead punished Israel, and that only AFTER Solomon was dead. But God left a house in Israel "for David's sake." David, the murderer, pervert with his hundreds of wives, coveter of another man's wife, and who killed hundreds of men. When David sinned, God punished David's babies by slaying them. Another time David sins, and god slays thousands of Israelites-- all because David numbered Israel. Very arbitrary and random judgements.

Anyway, just random thoughts. :)

Jason, welcome--again. I assume you were welcomed back in 2006. Your "random thoughts" sound a great deal like the thoughts and questions posted regularly here. You write well and think well.

As for getting that label off your avatar, I am not sure if there is an option members can access. All members are automatically put into a "group" and I don't know how this works. If you want it removed, I suggest you contact one of the supermoderators--Ouroborous or Nivek--and discuss it with them.

Christians are not allowed to post in ex-c life.

That's right.

We added that rule since last time Jason was here.

I will change it right now.

That said, I think Genesis is a bunch of bs. The most compelling evidences to me that the Bible is not infallible are the fact that, unlike the clear claim by the Bible that humanity is 6,000 years old, there is abundant evidence that mankind has been on the earth MUCH longer than that. Cave paintings, tools in ancient villages, etc. Yet, if you follow the Bible's lineage claims from Adam to Jesus, taking into account the ages it says the patriarchs lived, all that, it comes out to about 4000 years, plus 2000 or so from Christ to now. The global flood never happened- and to think it did is absurd. The notion that patriarchs lived hundreds of years is silly. People are living longer now than they did thousands of years ago.

I like you more already... :HaHa:

Hehe. I found a nice little gem from the church father Clement:

"Let us consider that wonderful sign [of the resurrection] which takes place in eastern lands, that is, in Arabia and the countries round about. There is a certain bird which is called a phoenix. This is the only one of its kind, and lives five hundred years. And when the time of its dissolution draws near that it must die, it builds itself a nest of frankincense, and myrrh, and other spices, into which, when the time is fulfilled, it enters and dies. But as the flesh decays a certain kind of worm is produced, which, being nourished by the juices of the deed bird, brings forth feathers. Then, when it has acquired strength, it takes up that nest in which are the bones of its parent, and bearing these it passes from the land of Arabia into Egypt, to the city called Heliopolis. And, in open day, flying in the sight of all men, it places them on the altar of the sun, and having done this, hastens back to its former abode. The priests then inspect the registers of the dates, and find that it has returned exactly as the five hundredth year was completed. (1 Clement 25)"

Wow. They actually had records of the returning phoenix? :woohoo: Yet another proof that Harry Potter is a true story! ;)

Jason, Looks like surviving September 2006 was the irrefutable method of debunking your fear. Happy post-5th Rosh Hashanah. I'm glad you're mostly over the mind-fuck. That's what it is/was, you know, and it's a terrible thing to have to live through torment over something that simply is not true like that.