Faith, Logic, and Freedom

Edgarcito

8 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

Yes I do.  Scripture says so.

Malachi 3 : 6    “I the Lord do not change. So you, the descendants of Jacob, are not destroyed.

Romans 9 : 13    Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

Put those two together and god has always hated Esau.

And before I explain anything further to you, would you please be so good as to explain something to me?

So, why did god hate Esau before he sinned?

Would you please care to explain?

I have softened the tone of my request to make it more polite and courteous.

Hopefully Edgarcito will now respond.

Thank you.

Walter.

• Super Moderator
1 hour ago, walterpthefirst said:

I'm certain he will answer soon.  After all, if he can prove the existence of forest pixies with his above-canine intelligence, then surely he should be able to explain why a supposedly all-loving god would just randomly hate people for no apparent reason.  

1 hour ago, walterpthefirst said:

I have softened the tone of my request to make it more polite and courteous.

Thank you.

Walter.

Softening your tone doesn't change what's behind the curtain.  

13 minutes ago, TheRedneckProfessor said:

I'm certain he will answer soon.  After all, if he can prove the existence of forest pixies with his above-canine intelligence, then surely he should be able to explain why a supposedly all-loving god would just randomly hate people for no apparent reason.  

Guess we will just have to find out post death how it all plays out.  You know where I stand.  One of these days I'll get interested in the Bible again and come back to check the status....but nothing is fruitful here and Dave isn't paying me, so there you are....a rabbit screw as you illustrated.

7 minutes ago, Edgarcito said:

Guess we will just have to find out post death how it all plays out.  You know where I stand.  One of these days I'll get interested in the Bible again and come back to check the status....but nothing is fruitful here and Dave isn't paying me, so there you are....a rabbit screw as you illustrated.

Still wanna talk about generational sin?

4 minutes ago, DarkBishop said:

Still wanna talk about generational sin?

Sure.

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

Softening your tone doesn't change what's behind the curtain.  

Then, using logic, let me show you something that lurks behind the curtain, Edgarcito. 

We can do this by comparing two passages from scripture.  We already know from the books of Malachi and Romans that god hated Esau.  We already know from the same books that god never changes his mind. So, he's always hated Esau.

Now let's look at Galatians 5 : 16 - 25.

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 

17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 

18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 

20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 

21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 

23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 

25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

But wait a minute!  There's something not quite right here.  There's a contradiction.

If god the Father hates Esau then why don't the other two members of the Trinity also hate Esau? 

Hatred is one of those sinful passions and desires of the flesh that have no place in the kingdom of god.  Hatred is contrary to the Holy Spirit.  Hatred is not one of the fruit of the spirit.  And what about Jesus Christ?  Those who belong to him have crucified (put to death) their sinful passions like hatred.  There can't be any hatred in Jesus if he wants those who belong to him to cease hatingHatred cannot be part of Christ's nature.  If it were, to become more Christ-like would mean to carry on hating. Clearly not!

By hating Esau god the Father has divided the Trinity, put himself at odds with his son Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

So, tell me now Edgarcito.  Do you like what lurks behind the curtain?

Walter.

• Super Moderator

“If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.”  Luke 14:26