Goodbye Jesus

The tower of Babel

DarkBishop

6 hours ago, aik said:

I am asking you, coward, what if i prove you my name? what will you do then?

4 hours ago, aik said:

This is the difference between us. My friend. That I have that power to deny lies, and you do not have it. Why? Because Jesus loves in me and gives that power to me, but you are a slave of a lie. But Jesus can help you also, of you turn your heart to him. 

There is that "Christian love" I missed so much about this place. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, midniterider said:

No it isn't. It's called standard procedure to withhold your name on the internet so someone doesn't dox you. Can I only have one name? 

No, it isn't a lie. 

Are people wearing halloween costumes lying about their identity? 

We can agree to disagree...I guess. 

I've just tried to message you privately, midniterider.

But it seems that you cannot receive private messages.

If you allow my message to get through to you, it will explain many things.

Thank you,

Walter.

Well, I should be able to receive IMs. Dont know what's wrong with it.

You should have heard from me by now, midniterider.

I hope so.

The Tower of Babel, one of the most ridiculous stories in the most ridiculous book of of the Old Testament, Genesis. The most ridiculous and book of obvious fantasy in the New Testament is Revelation. 

6 hours ago, walterpthefirst said:

I forgive you for calling me a coward and a liar, aik.

But I am going to stop communicating directly with you for the good of this forum.

This conflict between us does not serve it's interests.

Goodbye.

Walter, I called you coward because you were running away from answering. I think it is a correct word for it. If it means something else in English, then I really apologise for it. But if it means that you were afraid of giving a straight answer, then I meant it. 

I called you liar, because it is not true that I use here another name. I am using here my passport first name. But you are insisting that I changed my name just because everyone does it. If you asked me whether I think we are lying changing our names here to nicknames, I would say that it is not a lie. Though it has some imperfectness of course. But you were saying first that everyone here is lying and you decided to support your claim by this. A false support.

I will tell you what. I myself was a coward in my life. I was a big coward. I was afraid of looking face to face at my state, calling things by their names, and I was afraid of telling people the truth, and I was afraid of their reaction, I was afraid of calling myself a sinner. I really was a coward. Jesus healed me from this. It was not a one second action, but a process of seeing something which will change my attitude to things. I acknowledged that I go to hell if God does not save me. Because cowards will never enter the Heaven if they do not repent. So a Man is he who is able to stand and see who he is, and call things by their names. And if anyone is trying to run away from responsibility and from his evil acts it is not to be a Man. Saying an evil act I do not mean what happens hear, I mean what we do in our lives from time to time, which is called sin by God.

I was a liar, a great liar. My credo in my life was "it doesn't matter what you say, it does matter how you say it". I was taught to live by this principle. When I lied I never changed a colour of my face. I could say and do whatever I wanted. I didn't feel that I was doing something terrible. But when Jesus found me I was crying so much about my lies, which were in every my cell. I hated myself for that lies. And I was going to hell with it. But Jesus saved me. He healed my heart, he changed me so that even if I lose my profit, even if it causes damage to me, I cannot lie. Though I do mistakes. Many mistakes. But if I know that I am going to lie, I cannot not and do not want.

When I was registering here it was a request to type a membership name or something. I just typed my name, not a nickname, not adding a letter or deleting, not initials. But my first name. And I am not afraid of it. Maybe you have reason to cover your names, I don't mind. Otherwise I would not talk to you. But this is what I meant saying a coward and a liar. 

If everyone in the world say that Jesus is not true, and if even my church say that they found out that Jesus was not true, I choose the Jesus who gave me life, who did much to me, who changed everything in my life and He complies with the Bible in every word. I know in whom I believe. Jesus is alive. 

@TABA @DarkBishop @walterpthefirst

20 hours ago, aik said:

The Bible says that if your foundation is Jesus, it will stay forever

But the bible is a book of fables, myths and folklore. I/we have no compelling reason to believe ANYthing the bible says.

I've said this in multiple ways multiple times and it seems you just do not comprehend -or you refuse to acknowledge - that your bible has zero influence over us.

The bible is a collection of stories, fictional stories.

Let me ask you this, Aik: what would it take to convince you that the bible is nothing more than a storybook? My guess is there is absolutely nothing that could convince you the bible may not be what you think it is. If that is the case, and your mind is closed to any possibility of considering another point of view, then there is no point in further discussion.

I'm sorry that you came here hoping to complete a mission for God and that you will leave here feeling defeated. I hope that one day you have the courage to consider other points of view.

In the meantime, I see no reason to continue any further dialogue. Best wishes to you.

40 minutes ago, freshstart said:

But the bible is a book of fables, myths and folklore. I/we have no compelling reason to believe ANYthing the bible says.

I've said this in multiple ways multiple times and it seems you just do not comprehend -or you refuse to acknowledge - that your bible has zero influence over us.

The bible is a collection of stories, fictional stories.

Let me ask you this, Aik: what would it take to convince you that the bible is nothing more than a storybook? My guess is there is absolutely nothing that could convince you the bible may not be what you think it is. If that is the case, and your mind is closed to any possibility of considering another point of view, then there is no point in further discussion.

I'm sorry that you came here hoping to complete a mission for God and that you will leave here feeling defeated. I hope that one day you have the courage to consider other points of view.

In the meantime, I see no reason to continue any further dialogue. Best wishes to you.

Let me ask you this please ma'am.  What do you make of those the have in the past come here and profess disbelief in a very similar manner as you, but then end up returning to Christianity.  What's the appropriate response for that.  I just asking as I've seen maybe a few since my stint began here years ago.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aik said:

Walter, I called you coward because you were running away from answering. I think it is a correct word for it. If it means something else in English, then I really apologise for it. But if it means that you were afraid of giving a straight answer, then I meant it. 

I called you liar, because it is not true that I use here another name. I am using here my passport first name. But you are insisting that I changed my name just because everyone does it. If you asked me whether I think we are lying changing our names here to nicknames, I would say that it is not a lie. Though it has some imperfectness of course. But you were saying first that everyone here is lying and you decided to support your claim by this. A false support.

I will tell you what. I myself was a coward in my life. I was a big coward. I was afraid of looking face to face at my state, calling things by their names, and I was afraid of telling people the truth, and I was afraid of their reaction, I was afraid of calling myself a sinner. I really was a coward. Jesus healed me from this. It was not a one second action, but a process of seeing something which will change my attitude to things. I acknowledged that I go to hell if God does not save me. Because cowards will never enter the Heaven if they do not repent. So a Man is he who is able to stand and see who he is, and call things by their names. And if anyone is trying to run away from responsibility and from his evil acts it is not to be a Man. Saying an evil act I do not mean what happens hear, I mean what we do in our lives from time to time, which is called sin by God.

I was a liar, a great liar. My credo in my life was "it doesn't matter what you say, it does matter how you say it". I was taught to live by this principle. When I lied I never changed a colour of my face. I could say and do whatever I wanted. I didn't feel that I was doing something terrible. But when Jesus found me I was crying so much about my lies, which were in every my cell. I hated myself for that lies. And I was going to hell with it. But Jesus saved me. He healed my heart, he changed me so that even if I lose my profit, even if it causes damage to me, I cannot lie. Though I do mistakes. Many mistakes. But if I know that I am going to lie, I cannot not and do not want.

When I was registering here it was a request to type a membership name or something. I just typed my name, not a nickname, not adding a letter or deleting, not initials. But my first name. And I am not afraid of it. Maybe you have reason to cover your names, I don't mind. Otherwise I would not talk to you. But this is what I meant saying a coward and a liar. 

If everyone in the world say that Jesus is not true, and if even my church say that they found out that Jesus was not true, I choose the Jesus who gave me life, who did much to me, who changed everything in my life and He complies with the Bible in every word. I know in whom I believe. Jesus is alive. 

@TABA @DarkBishop @walterpthefirst

Aik,

We believe that it takes courage to leave the faith. A lot of people are heavily indoctrinated like you are. And even when they see the evidence and accept that the Bible is probably not what they once thought it was. There may still be a lot of fear. Fear of hell, fear of losing friends or family, fear of being an outcast, fear of abandonment. To face all that and still say I do not believe. That takes courage.

Do you understand empathy? I'm sure you do, but maybe it is something different in your language. Here is a definition.

em·pa·thy

/ˈempəTHē/

noun

the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

This is an ExChristian website. And I would like you to try to understand our feelings. The term I use is putting yourself in someone else's shoes. 

Consider how much you love and cherish Jesus. 

Many of us also loved and cherished Jesus.

Consider how much you love his Bible.

We also loved the bible.

Consider how much you love your church and church family.

We also had church family that we loved, that we saw atleast a couple times per week. We had meals with them. Developed friendships. Ministered to them. Sat beside them at their death beds in some cases. 

Consider your whole Christian  life and how much you love it. 

Now think about us. Here in this forum. 

We had all of that AIK. Yet we lost our faith for a various multitude of different reasons. And we come here after discovering that it was all a lie. Sometimes in an instant our whole lives are turned upside down. Some of us that realize the truth, have tried to keep going to church just so we wouldn't lose those we loved. 

AIK,

I told you how I lost one of my wives. After that, I married the woman I'm with now. But now we aren't married. We had troubles in the past, sure. We were married 12 years. When we got married I had been a preacher in the Baptist church for several years and had just converted to a holiness Christian church, where I was on trial to become a bishop. 

Our lives were built around our faith. When I deconverted our relationship took a heavy toll. She suddenly felt like she was married to a stranger. And in a lot of ways she was. We tried to make it work. But eventually divorced. But even now we are still trying to make it work. And we still love each other. Honestly I don't know if it will work. Our Outlook doesn't always look very good.

There are many such stories here. Sometimes a spouse will come here for advise. They have deconverted but haven't told their husband or wife who is still a believer. 

We know how that feels. We know how hard that is. We can have empathy toward them. And that is what I'm asking you to do right now. Think about your beautiful Christian life and suddenly that is gone. You no longer have a Holy father to pray to or a saviour brother named Jesus Christ. All of that is gone now. 

How would you feel if you knew you had lost Jesus. And don't say. "I can never lose Jesus". Believe me at one time i felt the same way. I'm just asking you to imagine how you would feel if you did lose Jesus. 

So for us to have our whole lives built around faith. And then openly deconvert is a very courageous thing. Walking in our shoes is not for the cowardly. We are risking everything we love and hold dear just to live our truth. This isn't something any of us took lightly. I've told you my story. I tried to find answers through my elders. I did what the Bible said to do. And the answers weren't there. I eventually had to accept that I had been wrong and the bible was too. 

So please, have a little bit of empathy when you are talking to us and don't tell us we are cowards for not bowing down to pray and ask forgiveness from something that doesn't even exist. We are no longer in bondage to sin and are no longer slaves to your God. 

Thanks,

Dark Bishop

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Edgarcito said:

What do you make of those the have in the past come here and profess disbelief in a very similar manner as you, but then end up returning to Christianity.  What's the appropriate response for that.  I just asking as I've seen maybe a few since my stint began here years ago.  Thanks.

I don't know that it would be fair to speculate about that any more than it is appropriate for Christians to speculate about how/why ex-Christians no longer believe. The epiphanies happen for different reasons with everybody, no matter what side of the fence you're on.

• Like 4

• Super Moderator
6 hours ago, Edgarcito said:

Let me ask you this please ma'am.  What do you make of those the have in the past come here and profess disbelief in a very similar manner as you, but then end up returning to Christianity.  What's the appropriate response for that.  I just asking as I've seen maybe a few since my stint began here years ago.  Thanks.

I would be highly interested to hear why they returned.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

Do you understand what you arw doing here AIK?

Basically you praise God for all the knowledge that mankind has accumulated over the past 500 or so years that have advanced the human species to where we are today. And you accept all of those findings to be true and profitable to the human race, and even claim that God gave us that knowledge. Unless it contradicts what you believe.

Think about all the different things we've shown you since you've been here. Many many different things contradict what the Bible says. 

It isn't that you just turn a blind eye to the dating scientist use. 

You've turned a blind eye to contradictions within the Bible

You've turned a blind eye to the physical impossiblity of a tower to heaven. 

You have turned a blind eye to the fact that they already know how languages developed over time separately from one another. There is no evidence that languages changed in an instant. They were developed over time. 

You've turned a blind eye to a flat earth creation with alleged water above our atmosphere. Which we know does not exist. And we know that our earth, along with all other planets are spherical. 

You've turned a blind eye to Gods neglect toward his children Adam and eve. Allowing them to be deceived by the serpent. 

You've turned a blind eye to much much more. To much for me to list.

It is easy to turn a blind eye to one or two things. But you have decided not to accept anything that doesn't align with your faith. And we have only just begun to show you the many many ways that the Bible fails. 

It isn't a problem with science AIK. They aren't trying to attack your faith. They are trying to discover the truth about the earths history. And your faith has one thing in common with all other faiths. They do not reflect the evidence that has been discovered. Your Bible is no more accurate than Muhammad's Quran, Greek mythology, or Norse mythology. It is all myth written by ancient people who had no way to understand the earth or how life started and survived on earth. They had no knowledge of volcanic activity or why swarms of locusts sometimes destroyed crops. It was all attributed to the actions of one God or another. 

But don't worry AIK. We will keep discussing these things. Maybe one day your eyes will be opened and you can see the truth. 

DB

Dear Bishop, I want to answer your post here, and the previous one also, but I need to be sure in one issue.

Do you believe in spirit or that there is material and spiritual? Or you don't believe in it anymore.

29 minutes ago, aik said:

Dear Bishop, I want to answer your post here, and the previous one also, but I need to be sure in one issue.

Do you believe in spirit or that there is material and spiritual? Or you don't believe in it anymore.

This question for me, doesn't come with a very straight forward answer. 

I think most people would consider me agnostic. I consider myself non-theist. Which Means to me, that I don't believe in any theology or religion in existence. 

I believe that if there is a God that it is a completely different God than what is depicted in the bible. And mostly doesn't interfere with human affairs. 

But I have had experiences that have caused me to question whether or not there is something spiritual. I'm leaning toward thinking those experiences were mostly in my head. Just as all the emotions/feelings I experienced as a Christian. But like everything else. Until something happens or I see something that proves beyond a doubt that there is something spiritual, then I'm not going to put any faith into it. 

Out of all the theories of the afterlife. If there is one that I could chose. I would hope for reincarnation. Not the Hindu reincarnation but the Wiccan reincarnation. 

Does that make sense? 

DB

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aik said:

I don't think any of us believe in the holy spirit as depicted in the bible.   And "Spirit" is one of those nebulous words.

14 hours ago, DarkBishop said:

This question for me, doesn't come with a very straight forward answer. 

I think most people would consider me agnostic. I consider myself non-theist. Which Means to me, that I don't believe in any theology or religion in existence. 

I believe that if there is a God that it is a completely different God than what is depicted in the bible. And mostly doesn't interfere with human affairs. 

But I have had experiences that have caused me to question whether or not there is something spiritual. I'm leaning toward thinking those experiences were mostly in my head. Just as all the emotions/feelings I experienced as a Christian. But like everything else. Until something happens or I see something that proves beyond a doubt that there is something spiritual, then I'm not going to put any faith into it. 

Out of all the theories of the afterlife. If there is one that I could chose. I would hope for reincarnation. Not the Hindu reincarnation but the Wiccan reincarnation. 

Does that make sense? 

DB

Honesty and sincereness do make sense, my friend. That is what I hope for here in conversation. Thank you for that.

On 11/30/2022 at 8:57 PM, DarkBishop said:

No at the time it wasn't a burden. I felt like I was doing the right thing and that I was close to Jesus because of it. 

The reason it matters is that the Holy Ghost was in you before you heard that sermon or read that scripture. Before that you had no idea you were doing anything wrong and had no guilt in your conscience about what you were doing. If the Holy Ghost is what leads you to these changes then you should have known without even reading or hearing it preached. These are changes through indoctrination. Not changes through the spirit. 

And this can get very oppressive in some churches. As long as a preacher can use the scripture to justify a teaching in a sermon. Then most if not all the members of the church will believe that what he said was true. And this will lead them to changing their life because of it. Here is an example from my life as a Christian.

After I had my "salvation experience" the pastor at my church taught that only hymnals and Southern Godpel music was godly. He taught that contemporary Christian and Christian rock were of Satan. For years I only listened to Southern gospel.

(which is probably exclusive to the United states, specifically the South Eastern United States.)

Then I met Ex Mrs. Bishop who did listen to other forms of Christian music. At first I told her it wasn't Godly like I had been taught. Then I listened to it and felt like Gods spirit was moving through me while listening to it. This lead me to believe my pastor was wrong. But up until that point I felt that the Holy spirit had told me that other forms of Christian music were of Satan. It wasn't the Holy spirit. It was my pastor and his personal beliefs that he was pushing onto the congregation. 

This happens over and over in churches and can be very, very, dangerous if the wrong person starts using the Bible. Thats how cults are formed. 

Here is one of the worse instances of this type of religious abuse. 

https://www.britannica.com/event/Jonestown

I had already seen scriptures that were confusing to me. Some we have already discussed but there were some personal instances in my life that joined with those questions to lead me to where I am today. 

Now I know that it wasn't Jesus who disappointed me but the Bible as a whole. One of the first instances was after a divorce where my wife had cheated on me. I felt that the Holy spirit had lead me to be with her. I saw the signs and I prayed, and prayed, and prayed that God would soften her heart toward me and that if she was having an affair that she would stop. In the bible Jesus says that he would do anything we asked of him to glorify his father in heaven. I felt that this was a small task for someone so powerful that loved me so much he would die for me. 

The other man's wife came to my house after my wife left me a good bye letter. She told me what had been going on. By this time my wife had already let her car go into default on the payments. A week after she left it was repossessed by the bank. I lost a house and had to file for bankruptcy which ruined my credit for years. I was a child of God and he did not keep his promise in my mind. And for this I was very angry for a long time.

After this I began to noticed far more unanswered prayers than those that were answered. And those that were answered were very loose "miracles ". Nothing that couldn't be explained by modern science. 

In essence my mind was beginning to open. 

Then I saw the moon through a telescope and I knew the earth was at the very least not young. And all those craters were physical evidence that could possibly mean the big bang was true. This lead me to start searching for more answers. This is when I made some of my best apologetic answers to keep my faith going. Like your cosmic rays. 

But eventually I found that the evidence against the bible outweighs the evidence for the bible. I had to face the facts. I had been inadvertently deceived by other indoctrinated people who believe. Just as you have been deceived. 

Dark Bishop

@DarkBishop Finally i found it. I'd like to pay attention to this post also. Just need a time.

As well I want to ask you to answer to my post which was a reply to archeologists' article. 

3 hours ago, Weezer said:

I don't think any of us believe in the holy spirit as depicted in the bible.   And "Spirit" is one of those nebulous words.

Sure it is for those who do not know what the spirit is. It does not matter the years spent in churches. Not only you here do not believe in the Holy Spirit as it is depicted in the Bible. But also a huge part of christians do not believe in the Holy Spirit as it is depicted in Bible. That is why they stay blind and without knowledge. And many of them just have to leave churches just because they had no knowledge. Not information, but knowledge of who is God. Job said: I heard about God with my ear but now I see Him. So as we christians are in the world, just hear about God for years and years. But our spiritual eyes stay closed. 

On 12/3/2022 at 1:57 AM, Rev R said:

There is that "Christian love" I missed so much about this place. 

If there was no love I would spit on all these people here and this website and leave it at the very first second. I would put my ear to Weezer's advise to leave this place and go. Though I respect him for his age, but I did not pay attention to his advise because it was not from God. But God has told me that He has souls here in the Satan's house. And I am here to crush the power of lies before the sight of some people who will be freed. Most of you will choose to stat here, but some will be enlightened by the Holy Spirit. And the Holy spirit is already doing His work here. He is already working here. Praised be the name of Jesus Christ.

When a doctor says that his patient has a 4 stage cancer he loves his patient. But if he keeps silent then he lets him to die. 

If someone thinks that love of Christians is just to nodding heads to lies just to not hurt someone's conciense the bible calls it hypocricy. 

Love Jesus died for our sins, my friend. 

6 hours ago, aik said:

@DarkBishop Finally i found it. I'd like to pay attention to this post also. Just need a time.

As well I want to ask you to answer to my post which was a reply to archeologists' article. 

I thought I replied to all your posts. Can you quote yourself and tag me in it again?

5 hours ago, aik said:

If there was no love I would spit on all these people here and this website and leave it at the very first second. I would put my ear to Weezer's advise to leave this place and go. Though I respect him for his age, but I did not pay attention to his advise because it was not from God. But God has told me that He has souls here in the Satan's house. And I am here to crush the power of lies before the sight of some people who will be freed. Most of you will choose to stat here, but some will be enlightened by the Holy Spirit. And the Holy spirit is already doing His work here. He is already working here. Praised be the name of Jesus Christ.

When a doctor says that his patient has a 4 stage cancer he loves his patient. But if he keeps silent then he lets him to die. 

If someone thinks that love of Christians is just to nodding heads to lies just to not hurt someone's conciense the bible calls it hypocricy. 

Love Jesus died for our sins, my friend. 

Even this explanation reveals what you truly think of folks and their experiences. I'd be willing to bet that most every ex-c you've interacted with here had a far stronger faith than you, yet you call it lies. Folks have gone through a lot of struggle, a lot of pain, to get where they are today, yet you consider it cancer. Love for the evangelist is a smokescreen to cover self-serving intent and always accompanied by a lot of talk of grandiose purpose, but very little listening. Love for the evangelist is the greatest hypocrisy of them all since the only soul you are trying to raise up is your own. 

From where I sit, it seems that you are the one searching for truth. Why has your god forsaken you, aik? Why does the resistance continue though you were chosen for this task? Why hasn't your god granted you the power to sway hearts, to say the words that would reignite the flames of faith? Why has no angel appeared to close the mouths of the lions?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/2/2022 at 6:04 AM, aik said:

Dear Bishop,

First of all thank you for a very interesting matierial here. Look what I have noticed.

image.png.bfe0c2b4744aed09634483fe03048e92.png

We see here that dating made by archeologists is always approximate and it gives only a rande of time, 

image.png.a3c528e08cec11b6cc56fee869ba6a80.png

Scientists acknowledge that there are difficulties in dating of ancient things. The further text shows that archeologists cannot say for 100% place, time or whatever it was there happening. 

Then we go for an absolute dating. What kind of problems does it have in it? 

image.png.576838d82c929c3752a50cd58e0fe419.png

absolute is just a name. Actually it is as relative as others, but with a use of instruments.

Chemists have approximately determined the rate of the radioactive decay of C-14 atoms and can measure this to arrive at an estimate of how old a site is based on when the organic material stopped absorbing C-14 when it was alive. This is “approximately” determined because calibrations are always needed, such as for solar radiation hitting Earth and atmospheric factors that have not always been constant and thus skew dates, but that’s an in-depth lesson that trained chemists could speak to more

Now I push to an underlined word, it is a link to another website.

The first carbon test at the dig site was inconclusive, but a second test dated the soil to 28,000 years old. This date seemed too recent because the mammoth herd was much deeper in the soil to be only 28,000 years old. Scientists also dated pollen samples but that test gave a date of only 18,000 years, which was also too recent.

They got a dat according to their method which was called an absolute, BUT!!! it is not appropriate or it is not a proper date or it does not fit to what they expected.!!! I want to point on an unobjectiveness here. Sure they have a reason to think that the date should be older. And what is that reason? Because they found a bone in deeper places which they think that if a place is deeper than a bone should be older. But it is disputable very easy. 

They think maybe "We don't want thousands of years, we want millions and billions" because we are planning to sell many books about a new sensation.

Scientists then tried a new test called optically stimulated luminescence (OSL). Dr. Steve Foreman, former professor University of Illinois, Chicago and current Baylor University professor, is an expert at this newer method. OSL tests the last time quartz within soil saw sunlight. This test dated sediment samples from around, above, and below the mammoth bones. The test determined the soil, and therefore the bones, had last seen sunlight between 58,000 to 73,000 years ago. Based on both of these tests, scientists believe the mammoth herd died in an event between 65,000 and 72,000 years ago. This is the current date range presented at the site.

I am asking Why is it preferable method of dating? Iam searching goolgle.

The difference between radiocarbon dating and OSL is that the former is used to date organic materials, while the latter is used to date minerals. Events that can be dated using OSL are, for example, the mineral's last exposure to sunlight; Mungo Man, Australia's oldest human find, was dated in this manner.[2] It is also used for dating the deposition of geological sediments after they have been transported by air (aeolian sediments) or rivers (fluvial sediments). In archaeology, OSL dating is applied to ceramics: The dated event is the time of their last heating to a high temperature (in excess of 400 °C).

This method is able to date only minerals. It means what? For example if i walk around and fall and die near an archeological site where there are some exposed minerals which are older millions of years than me, and passed a thousand more years, one archeologist finds my bones there, he will say that my bones are millions years old because minerals near my bones were tested by OSL and they are millions of years old. What do you think about it?

The test determined the soil, and therefore the bones, had last seen sunlight between 58,000 to 73,000 years ago

Because the soil is old therefore bones are old also. This is in what you believe. So many allowances so many presumptions. Why because a group of scientists cannot cease to believe in evolution or darwinism. 

We are going on the firs text we had in the begiining.

including optically stimulated luminescence (OSL), potassium-argon dating, thermoluminescence, amino acid dating, and many, many others. Not sounding like household words? That’s ok! A lot of these are highly specialized and difficult to understand even for experienced archeologists.

Pay attention please.

Radiocarbon dating is effective for samples up to 50,000 years old,but provides a margin of error in ± years. Archeologists understand deep time in terms of longer periods of cultural and environmental patterns and trends, so the ± swing is less vital for really old sites than if an archeologist is trying to interpret a site from the more recent past. If an archeologist wants to date a site 500 years old or younger, a margin of error of ± even a hundred years is not useful, so different dating methods must be used.

And then is says about a relative dating. They call a relative dating this one: 

relative dating is estimating the date range of a site using information from artifacts and features found in situ

If it means that information taken from artefacts found in the site give more relative dating than those methods above, then I am not sure it is so. Because if you found a coin and there on the coin it is written any date, and there maybe some picture of a king let us say, isn't it an accurate information to take into account rather than C-14 which can show that this coin was of thousands of years older? 

I think this method is more correct though it is also very relative. One can throw a coin in a place with old bones for example. 

But when it comes to our study books in schools, we see that they talk about strict dates, not ranges of thousands. 

See what you believe in, my friends. 

If your talking about this post. I did reply. Here is my reply from page 10.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, DarkBishop said:

Do you understand what you are doing here AIK?

Basically you praise God for all the knowledge that mankind has accumulated over the past 500 or so years that have advanced the human species to where we are today. And you accept all of those findings to be true and profitable to the human race, and even claim that God gave us that knowledge. Unless it contradicts what you believe.

Think about all the different things we've shown you since you've been here. Many many different things contradict what the Bible says. 

It isn't that you just turn a blind eye to the dating scientist use. 

You've turned a blind eye to contradictions within the Bible

You've turned a blind eye to the physical impossiblity of a tower to heaven. 

You have turned a blind eye to the fact that they already know how languages developed over time separately from one another. There is no evidence that languages changed in an instant. They were developed over time. 

You've turned a blind eye to a flat earth creation with alleged water above our atmosphere. Which we know does not exist. And we know that our earth, along with all other planets are spherical. 

You've turned a blind eye to Gods neglect toward his children Adam and eve. Allowing them to be deceived by the serpent. 

You've turned a blind eye to much much more. To much for me to list.

It is easy to turn a blind eye to one or two things. But you have decided not to accept anything that doesn't align with your faith. And we have only just begun to show you the many many ways that the Bible fails. 

It isn't a problem with science AIK. They aren't trying to attack your faith. They are trying to discover the truth about the earths history. And your faith has one thing in common with all other faiths. They do not reflect the evidence that has been discovered. Your Bible is no more accurate than Muhammad's Quran, Greek mythology, or Norse mythology. It is all myth written by ancient people who had no way to understand the earth or how life started and survived on earth. They had no knowledge of volcanic activity or why swarms of locusts sometimes destroyed crops. It was all attributed to the actions of one God or another. 

But don't worry AIK. We will keep discussing these things. Maybe one day your eyes will be opened and you can see the truth. 

DB

On 12/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, DarkBishop said:

@aik do you understand what I mean by turning a blind eye toward something? I don't know if that is a Russian expression like it is where I live. It means that you don't want to see it. So instead of looking at it with your eyes that can see. You'll look at it with eyes that are blind.

DB

1 hour ago, Rev R said:

Even this explanation reveals what you truly think of folks and their experiences. I'd be willing to bet that most every ex-c you've interacted with here had a far stronger faith than you, yet you call it lies. Folks have gone through a lot of struggle, a lot of pain, to get where they are today, yet you consider it cancer. Love for the evangelist is a smokescreen to cover self-serving intent and always accompanied by a lot of talk of grandiose purpose, but very little listening. Love for the evangelist is the greatest hypocrisy of them all since the only soul you are trying to raise up is your own. 

From where I sit, it seems that you are the one searching for truth. Why has your god forsaken you, aik? Why does the resistance continue though you were chosen for this task? Why hasn't your god granted you the power to sway hearts, to say the words that would reignite the flames of faith? Why has no angel appeared to close the mouths of the lions?

You don't worry about the lions. I am not touched by them. 

Also do not worry about my knowledge of pains of some people here. I read testimonies sometimes. 

I know what I am saying. The truth has find me. If you are insulted about the Satan's house, so do not be. It does not mean that you are a satan. It only means that you and your friends are in a wrong place my friend. 

Saying about a doctor I showd how love sometimes can be expressed. Not only holding and saying nice words, but saying a painful true situation. The opposite is keeping silence. In this case a man will die without knowledge of his situation. Which is the love here?

11 hours ago, aik said:

Sure it is for those who do not know what the spirit is. It does not matter the years spent in churches. Not only you here do not believe in the Holy Spirit as it is depicted in the Bible. But also a huge part of christians do not believe in the Holy Spirit as it is depicted in Bible. That is why they stay blind and without knowledge. And many of them just have to leave churches just because they had no knowledge. Not information, but knowledge of who is God. Job said: I heard about God with my ear but now I see Him. So as we christians are in the world, just hear about God for years and years. But our spiritual eyes stay closed. 

Aik, The way I see it, you are the one who is without knowledge.  You don't know how much you don't know.  I was born into christianity and invited the holy spirit into my life and it never came.  I have studied the bible since 10 years of age, and discovered how inconsistant it is.  When that no longer made sense I looked into other religions and saw they are all the same.  They are myths. I am also a retired mental health professional and believe you are delusional.  If you don't know what that means, look it up.  In your delusion you think you have the truth because you have a deep down feeling.  It is a very complicated process, and unless you have studied the dynamics, you do not understand it.  I am agnostic because I have studied religions, including Jesus (yes, belief in Jesus is religion) extensively, and decided the circumstantial evidence does not add up.  There may be a "god" somewhere, but if there is, I don't believe it is the one you read about in the bible.  So I believe my years of prayer and study is more valid than your feeling, and choose not to continue this discussion.    Best wishes!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, aik said:

You don't worry about the lions. I am not touched by them. 

Also do not worry about my knowledge of pains of some people here. I read testimonies sometimes. 

I know what I am saying. The truth has find me. If you are insulted about the Satan's house, so do not be. It does not mean that you are a satan. It only means that you and your friends are in a wrong place my friend. 

Saying about a doctor I showd how love sometimes can be expressed. Not only holding and saying nice words, but saying a painful true situation. The opposite is keeping silence. In this case a man will die without knowledge of his situation. Which is the love here?

1. You do not have the privilege of addressing me as "friend". Please refrain.
2. Reading is not understanding. Reading is not empathizing. As demonstrated by "you and your friends are in a wrong place my friend". That any of us are in a "wrong" place is an assumption on your part, that once again belittles and disregards experience. I thought that was important to you. Only if it results in conversion, it seems.
3. More grandiose claims.

4. Doctors do not barge into people's homes, diagnose them, and then attempt to convince them that they need treatment. Yours is not the approach of a doctor, it is the approach of a colonizer. 

5. The only painful situation here is, to be perfectly frank, that you have allowed yourself no other choice than to think little of folks around here. Had you been acting out of love, you wouldn't want to spit in our faces. Had you been acting out of love, you would realize how insulting and disrespectful it is to continue using the same playbook. We've seen all your tricks many, many times before. Try something new.

• Like 2