Goodbye Jesus

Sunday Morning Heathen Coffee Klatsch

Kelli

You remember my thread from last week about it being 11:05 and not sitting in church?

Well, I'l going to make this a weekly tradition. Every week I am going to post in this thread and tell you all what I did (or am going to do) with my Sunday instead of wasting it in church. All XC's are welcome to join in.

Today, we slept in until 8:00 am and are about to eat a late breakfast of scrambled eggs and garlic toast. We're going to hang out until about 10, then go pick up my daughter who slept over at her friends' house last night. She has a concert at UB today at 2:30, so we will take her over there, pay our $10 to see the concert (geez, even us parents have to pay, LOL) and then we're going to take the kids to the Beaver Island sledding hill and go sledding, provided there's still snow on the hill.

Late breaking news, I was just informed that Susie wants to come home from sledding, send the kids to bed early, and put on some soft celtic music and make mad passionate love until we tire ourselves completely out.

That's my Sunday this week...

Completely beats the shit out of Sundays I had a few years ago...

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Astreja

• trashy

• Kelli

• Amethyst

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to spend the day breaking the Sabbath and cleaning house. Who knows, I might find some other sin to commit while I'm at it. Need anyone coveted or murdered?

Cool JGJ. Happy Sabbath-breaking to you, LOL.

Our concert got cancelled, unfortunately. It's bitter cold outside so the kids are going to sled down the hill out back instead of trekking 15 miles to the big hill and we're going to have a board game and hot cocoa ready for them when they get back in.

I've been playing World of Warcraft. My character is currently a level 11 warlock named Amethystmoon, couldn't tell you the name of my server though.

Breaking the sabbath was perhaps the first violation I dared commit. I was still deep within Christianity. I searched the bible for justification and I found it. Jesus said the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. Paul said not to worry about those people who insist to keep holy days and sabbaths and the like.

Since then, over the years I've broken and mauled the sabbath into such fine mush that it is barely recognizable. I was shocked to read in History of Christianity in the United States and Canada, written by Mark A. Noll, that the strict rules about sabbath were invented by the Puritans several centuries ago. I suspect the Catholics got it much closer to what the early xians did it. What I can't make out is if the early gentile xians even kept a holy day.

This morning I did my normal morning ritual--checked email and exC. Then I deviated and did a batch of long over-due cleaning.

Early in my christian soujourn (many, MANY moons ago), I was concerned about not doing too much on the Sabbath. I'd go to church, lay around in the afternoon watching football or something, then go to church again in the evening. I didn't want to do too much, cause God said it was a day of rest. And I wanted to make God happppppy. And it was obviously important to him, since he made it one of the 10 commandments.

Then I discovered the Sabbath was Saturday. Talk about one of my first significant WTF moments.

Not attending church was one of my first violations of Xianity. It was an easy one.

Me, I almost forgot it was Sunday. I don't even pay it much mind that it's a Xian holy day, or even care.

Slept in with the wifey until 10:30 or so, then got up for a shower and some oatmeal, then nuked some coffee and sat on the puter whilst my wife whipped out her laptop. We're net geeks, I know :)

I don't plan on doing much, save surfing, posting, and indulging in fun edibles. Listening to some Gorgoroth right now, and we've got Bram Stoker's Dracula playing. Maybe some sex later, and some Call of Duty 3 online, then a good night's sleep :)

Well, let's see now. Yesterday was my second saturday morning accounting law class (8:30am-noon). I had my niece's first birthday party to attend. Once that was over I was so tired I didn't make any dinner :o. I was starving in the middle of the night.

Today I woke up at 8:30am (on a Sunday). I was looking for something good to watch on tv, but at that hour it's all infomercials or xtian stuff. So I wound up working on an assignment for my Thursday night cost and management accounting class. In the time that I spent at a brainwashing session in my xtian days I managed to complete the assignment.

This afternoon I ran a few extra errands. I went to the bank, I bought an item from the dollar store, picked up a couple of things at the grocery store, got gas, ran my car through the car wash, and returned books to the library. I even got my lunches prepared for next week.

Tonight I'm going to do some more reading for my classes, practice my speech for Tuesday night, and chill a little.

I know this isn't the most exciting way to spend a Sunday, but it's a much better use of my time than listening to the garbage at church. I find I feel better when I start my weeks now. I feel rested, and like I've had a chance to get caught up with stuff. I just feel more ready to take on a new week.

Today I got out of bed around 10.30am after having some fun with hubby ;) We then had some breakfast and went into town to do some clothes shopping and get everything we needed to make a yummy roast dinner this evening. Got back home and then I played some Battlefield 2142. Then had dinner, put some washing on and watched some telly with a couple of beers. A nice relaxing day. :)

I'm spending today doing as little as possible. I've been exhausted this last week from being sick, work, and dealing with social workers trying to get care for my mother and just dealing with my bratty mother in general.

I went to bed at 10 last night and slept till 11. Then I just lay around in bed till I felt like getting up at noon. Then I fixed some breakfast and baked cookies for the household. Now I'm watching hentai. ;)

Later I'm going to game with a friend online, take a shower, and just relax and hopefully get a good night's sleep before the week starts again tomorrow.

Today was the first sunny day in a long time here in north Texas. After a LOOONG drought during which many area lakes almost completely dried up, mother nature has been attempting to catch up in one 45-day period. So it was soggy but sunny. After attempting to find yet one more thing to justify putting off the long-overdue garage cleaning/reorganization we gave up and just did it. Opened the garage doors, swept, sorted, cleaned, arranged. Taking a quick dinner break then off to Lowe's for some organizational bins and tool-holders/carriers.

I'll be tired tonight but it feels good to have everything in it's place.

Now imagine what my garage would look like if I still spent several hours each Sunday at church.....

Woke up at 3:30 a.m., couldn't sleep. Chatted with my dad from 4:30 a.m. - 6:30 a.m. online (he's an early bird). Hubby woke up and we chatted, kids woke up. I went to the store shortly after 7:30 a.m, got home, had some one-on-one with hubby :wicked: and then made breakfast for everyone. We won't bowling from 9:15 a.m until 11:30 a.m., got home, had a salad and supervised our 8yo dd make chocolate chip cookies. Watched a romantic comedy called Prime with Uma Thurman and Meryl Streep...loved it (except that dd is to short on one end to be in and out of the oven so guess who had to get her ass up every 5 minutes to pull cookies out of the oven for two hours.... :-) . Had a puberty talk with 12yo ds that lasted for a good hour. Hubby and dd were outdoors cleaning our car. They came in and her I and dh drew pictures at the table while ds practiced the electric guitar. In between all that I'd pop on and off line and I'm now settled here, and my mother (who is 59 and just gotten online is IMing me) :-)

It has been a beautiful day!

It has been a beautiful day!

Well, that just doesn't sound sordid, morally-bankrupt, corrupt, degenerate, impure, depraved, tawdry, reprehensible, squalid, vulgar, smutty, wretched, unwholesome, unprincipled, scuzzy, feculent, malicious, OR pitiable.

Are you sure you're an atheist?

:HaHa:

Not unless booty sex is illegal in Florida...LOL... Yep, I allowed him to enter through the exit for the first time ever in our almost 15 year marriage and a matter of fact, he's the only one to ever be granted permission.

Now do I qualify as a an atheist heathen??? :HaHa:

:eek:

HOLY SHIT!

Sodomy??? ON THE SABBATH???

:eek:

There goes my wholesome June Cleaver image of you...

Just went right out the door.

The back door.

:lmao:

Played World of Warcraft, went grocery shopping, am watching Equilibrium now.

Zzzz'd till eleven-ish, swarmed by cats. Breakfast of coffee & muffins at Tim Horton's. Filled out membership application for Japan Karate Association, then headed out to Sunday karate class. Stance practice today... Ouch.

After class we headed over to the mall to grab lunch and shop for CD's.

Over to the parental units' home. I fixed some stipple on a ceiling and helped move a large donation of furniture and clothing to a local thrift store. Took home some surplus dining room chairs to replace my own, which are falling apart.

Hung out in the living room with my partner and my daughter, then came upstairs and wrapped myself in a quilt. We'll probably do a late-night tea break in about half an hour, then it's time for a nice hot bubble bath and then bed.

Got taken to breakfast by the in-laws, then came home and played Call of Duty 2 online with my wife's father, then ate, watched Fox Sunday with my dearly beloved, and am sitting here for a bit with some Irish Coffee before bed.

This morning I snoozed with the pooches while the spouse went to work. I finally got up a bit after noon. I was originally going to tidy up the kitchen, do some dishes, and get laundry going all day, but I discovered I was out of detergent (and didn't manage to rustle up an effective substitute), so decided I wasn't destined to do housework today.

So I spent the day 'net surfing in my PJ's, Hefner-style. Read emails, chatted with some friends, did a whole lot of reading. (Seems I read just a ton, most of it online.) Just generally dinked around and did nothing productive whatsoever.

Ophelia the Incredibly Cute Wiener Dog spent most of the day munching rawhide, napping in the sun, and chewing on her little brother.

Peanut the Incredibly Tiny Wiener Dog spent most of the day shredding things (including a newspaper and a foam clown nose), munching rawhide, and chewing on his sister. (He's curled up on the chair behind my back at the moment, playing "Heating Pad.")

I'll probably go curl up on the couch shortly with the wiener dogs (spouse has gone to bed already, as he has to work early) and read some Sam Harris and/or Simone de Beauvoir. I might also take a hot bath, because yesterday I helped some friends move, and I'm kind of sore.

The week starts again tomorrow. Back to job hunting, chores, and so on...

Reach and I spent the day playing Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams.

Kill those demons! Use the purifying sword! Yay!

Hey all,

Today was extremely cold (-28 degrees celcius with the wind chill). So I've parked myself infront of my computer and have gotten a bunch of stuff done for class. I have a couple of exams coming up and I want to do well on them so I can get a good mark in the courses and earn my exemptions.

I slept in today. Yesterday was a busy day for me. I had class in the morning and a number of errands to run in the afternoon. I was wiped out afterwards. My bed sure is comfy and warm.

Let's see now, tonight I'm going to get myself a good nights sleep and I'm planning on watching another installment of The Apprentice: LA. I'm enjoying this season. Last week Marissa got fired, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this week.

How did the rest of you guys enjoy a day without brainwashing?

:D

Man, i'd kill for -28 with wind chill today!! This morning it was -52 C with wind chill! I am not making this up. Bloody hell.. what moron decided this would be a good place to settle?! Thankfully the wind has calmed down now and it's only -28 (before wind chill, but the wind has calmed to nearly nil). ONLY -28. Sick.

Anyway, I slept in until noon today; it was glorious. I'm currently listening to Emiliana Torrini and observing how pale the sun is when it gets this cold. I work too much, so Sundays have become my 'do as close to nothing as possible' days. i'm enjoying it so far. :)

Need a less heavy thread so I popped in on this one and heck if it still isn't going...

Here is was 62 with a clear blue sky and I have all the windows open and am still in my p.jammies at five in the p.m. I have some meatballs simmering and a pork roast on rice in the slow cooker (which isn't coming out very well, my first try with the slow cooker, it's new). My carrot cake is done and I have already tasted it. The football game is on in my roommate's room and he is hanging around today all day as it's the weekend--boo.

My one 8 month old kitten (I have two brothers) is for some reason crying constantly. Earlier I played with them, giving them dried fish to play with and giving them more when they lose them under the fridge. I think I have to take them in to see if the vet really did neuter them way back when they were one pound because the kittens seem to be acting mighty suspiciously lately--biting each others' necks is a sexual behavior.

Now I'm going to go take a nap--I've always loved sleeping to the sound of a football game--something about the roar of the crowd lulls me right to sleep. Later, more reading in here and from my book.

(shakes some icicles and ice fog out of her hair and passes sarahgrace a hot chocolate) I agree, it's been scary cold out there lately. My car is currently in the garage and plugged in as well.

We ate in this morning rather than worshipping coffee and donuts at St. Timothy's. I've been experimenting with a low-gluten, no-wheat diet and it just didn't make sense to put myself in the same room with those *drool* butter tarts.

Karate as usual, then a leisurely second breakfast of bacon and eggs (but no toast for me) before we headed over to my parents' house to fix stuff up. Only a short session today, fixing a crack in the wall and running unwanted stuff over to the thrift store.

We got home before six tonight, a welcome change from the past few months. Currently I have a pot of sushi rice soaking in the kitchen, to be made into nori rolls sometime in the next few hours. Probably also do some steak-somethingorother to go with it.

In the meantime, I have two lovely cats on my desk: Walter J. Smooch on a blanket on top of my three computers, and RJ-45 standing between me and the monitor.