Goodbye Jesus

Love

Guest end3

That's funny WR,

Chemistry major, math minor, .....saved all, I repeat, all my English for the last semester of my senior year, and then only Eng. lit. taught by some old lady that laughed to herself because she was the only one who understood what the damn stories were saying.....

Hans,

What is so hard about it? The soul goes when God takes the soul. Good question, I am saying I don't know when the soul departs.

AM,

I have not experienced any demon posession as of yet, with exception to one paint pony when I was younger.

Ruby,

I will look at those Scriptures and answer you hopefully this evening.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ouroboros

• sojourner

• R. S. Martin

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does daFatman "classify" *love*?

Either "Paid For" of "Not".

Sheeze... Pretty frackin' simple.

kFL

Yo end3....

Carlin:

"Sellin's Legal...... Fuckin's Legal.... Why isn't sellin' fuckin' legal?"

Care to comment on free exchange on trading money for orgasms? That's *love* at some point, moreso than the teddy bear huggin', bunny foo-foo bullshit sold in churches.

First is something you can put your hand on.. Second? Well, might be fuzzy but good for little..

kFL

Deva,

I had to call my dad to make sure the word deprecating was the one I wanted and also asked how to spell it. I don't use those type of words often as it physically hurts.

I am the same guy.

I actually have started to like some of your thoughts on other threads Deva, and hope you would participate.

Alice,

I see that you are connecting the function of the brain to love....not the soul, is this correct?

Ruby,

I will look at those Scriptures and answer you hopefully this evening.

Promises, promises. All I get is promises. Christians are good at that. :liar:

Their delivery trucks always break down just before they get here. Something comes up just before they quite deliver the promises. God always intervenes so they don't have to deliver. It's god's will. It's just the way things work. Very convenient. For the Christian.

End3, you have yet to acknowledge HanSolo's Post 133. You have also to explain how the same brain that wrote Post 16 in Illogical Reasons for Faith could possibly compose Post 137 on this thread. In short, you're pulling the noose around your own neck, you end with three brains--I guess you have three necks, too. No wonder you don't get the seriousness of one brain being dead--there's always a reserve! :3some:

I look forward to seeing a delivered promised from a Christian.

You asked what does a soul have to do with it. I think we are given a soul that is as close to perfect as I can imagine, at birth. Love, nothing tainted, in a new birth.

At birth? Didn't you mean at inception? Or like the new thing that the life starts in the egg?

Alice,

I see that you are connecting the function of the brain to love....not the soul, is this correct?

I am saying that we experience 'love' through the working of our brains and central nervous system and this is where we develop the capacity to express love also.

Hans,

What is so hard about it? The soul goes when God takes the soul. Good question, I am saying I don't know when the soul departs.

Hard about it?

Where is the soul located?

In the body as a whole or in one particular part?

Is the brain a major part of the soul or not?

If you take someones brain out. Does the body still contain a soul?

And regarding that you don't know when the soul departs... have you looked in the Bible for the definition of where the soul is located? Maybe you should, because it actually does have an answer for it (or several competing answers if I recall correctly)

--edit--

Besides how do you know when God "takes" the soul? Do you get an email, or a little sparkle over the head, or do you get a psychic reading, or what? When does the soul leave the body? According to you... never. Since it's not in the brain, but in the body without the brain. The body can rot, and the soul is still trapped in it. Just like Antlerman said.

Deva,

I had to call my dad to make sure the word deprecating was the one I wanted and also asked how to spell it. I don't use those type of words often as it physically hurts.

1. Guy's really young. Dependent on Dad.

2. Guy's not with Dad at moment of writing post; had to call.

3. Guy's extremely lazy; would rather call Dad than look up word on internet.

4. Dad does not encourage learning; will answer son's question rather than nudge him to look up own answer.

5. Guy will do anything to appear honest; no amount of "calls to Dad" reconcile that post with Post 16 that I linked. The very thought structure is different. More explanations are due than this three-brained end can think up on the spot. The inconsistencies increase with every post he posts. Every time he opens his mouth another lie tumbles out. Make him talk fast. We'll catch him yet!

That's funny WR,

Chemistry major, math minor, .....saved all, I repeat, all my English for the last semester of my senior year, and then only Eng. lit. taught by some old lady that laughed to herself because she was the only one who understood what the damn stories were saying.....

I see. So you had to take a small number of Arts courses and you got by with the lowest passing grade to get your degree. That could make sense academically. QUESTION: How did you ever get your chemisty and math papers written??? Also with the lowest possible passing grades???

Even if lowest possible denominator got you a bachelor's degree, you were still lying. Just like Hans explained. When your reputation is on the line you don't go cracking jokes to your superiors about your education. Something's not adding up, my boy. Or are you a girl?

Deva,

I forgot something. If you are so young that you had to call your dad, you bring into question your earlier post here about fearing the death of your child.

1. You lie about your education.

2. You lie about your age.

3. You haven't a clue what you believe in your religion. That's the downside of having three brains, you know. Next time you sign up for a forum be sure which of your brains is going to present.

I think we are given a soul that is as close to perfect as I can imagine, at birth.

1. I see. We're born perfect so original sin is out. So we don't need a saviour and religion is out the window.

2. If the soul is given only at birth, abortion is fine. It's murder only when the body contains a soul. Animals don't have a soul so it's not murder when we kill them. Likewise, killing a soul-less fetus is not murder and abortion is okay.

Hmmm. This kid is turning out to be okay. Or maybe just so muddled up because of his three brains. Whatever, he doesn't know which side is up.

But he's here to convert us. :lmao:

Sure. And it's okay for Christians to twist and spin truth, since Jesus will forgive them. Lying is allowed for a Christian. He just lie, then say "oops, sorry Jesus". And it's okay because if you can lie to a non-Christian and make him a Christian, then Jesus will dance around in his underwear for a millenia. Lying is only bad when a non-Christian does it, and then it's the reason to torture them in Hell for eternity.

Deva,

I am the same guy.

And I am the Queen of England. I also have some swamp land over here in Florida to sell you if you are interested.

Skip,

Yea verily, brother.

Gay?

Sure. And it's okay for Christians to twist and spin truth, since Jesus will forgive them. Lying is allowed for a Christian. He just lie, then say "oops, sorry Jesus". And it's okay because if you can lie to a non-Christian and make him a Christian, then Jesus will dance around in his underwear for a millenia. Lying is only bad when a non-Christian does it, and then it's the reason to torture them in Hell for eternity.

Oh yeah. That's right. Jesus will forgive him. Even for being gay.

I just noticed that he hasn't talked to anyone since he responded to Skip.

Did you also notice that I logged out after talking to Skip, Ruby?

I am going back to look up the Scriptures you referenced Ruby.

Hans, I said let's skip the discussion about when life starts so we won't have to argue that as well. But there ya'll go anyhow.....Gay, lying, multipersonality guy/girl. Wow, I feel special.

We are quite literally our own creators by creating our creator. We are God creating himself in our own image.
Personally, I prefer Carl Sagan's view on this:

"We are a way for the Universe to know itself." - Carl Sagan, From the Cosmos documentary

I looked at Gen 3. What questions do you have for me.
About Genesis 3...

Verses 1, 4 and 5 has a serpent talking. :mellow:Hellooooooo! :Doh:

IN verse 3, Eve quotes God saying, "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die."

IN verses 4 and 5, the serpent (Hellooooooo! :Doh:)says, "Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

In verses 6-21 we read where God flat-out-cold-busts Adam and Eve for eating from the tree. You know -- the very same tree that he said would make them die if they ate from it or even touched it. (Hellooooooo! :Doh:) Umm... They didn't die. :mellow:

They DID, however, "come to know good and evil" (big 'G' says so in verse 22) just exactly the way the serpent said they would back in verse 5.

So my questions are these:

1. Why did God lie to Adam and Eve about the effects eating the fruit?

2. Why do the churches teach that the serpent lied to Eve in the garden when he clearly told the truth?

3. And why, especially since they (Adam and Eve) were supposed to die when they ate or touched the fruit, did God have to keep them away from the tree of life (verses 22-24) since they should have been dead anyway?

There ya go, end3. Three questions. Three simple questions.

We are quite literally our own creators by creating our creator. We are God creating himself in our own image.
Personally, I prefer Carl Sagan's view on this:

"We are a way for the Universe to know itself." - Carl Sagan, From the Cosmos documentary

Isn't that what Antlerman is saying.

Umm... No. Not at all.

And the only way that you could understand why it is that I disagree with your comparison would be if you were well-read in Carl Sagan's writings and work.

What Antlerman is saying, is that we (humanity for the most part) have created (as in, become who and what we are) ourselves by defining ourselves as being created by a creator. More or less -- we've manipulated ourselves (mentally) into thinking we are what we are. This is not what Carl Sagan means.

Mike,

You said why don't we fearlessly jump up and run out of fox holes.

Let me ask you a question. Why do the movies that seem to be the best are the ones where the underdog wins in the end. Because it was the guy that jumps up out of the foxhole and defeats the bad guy. Think about it.

WTF does this have to do with christians in a foxhole? You think the hero in those movies are christian by defaut or something?

What Antlerman is saying, is that we (humanity for the most part) have created (as in, become who and what we are) ourselves by defining ourselves as being created by a creator. More or less -- we've manipulated ourselves (mentally) into thinking we are what we are. This is not what Carl Sagan means.

Yes pretty much, except by mentally I would mean the wiring of our brains biologically. We changed our biology to sport pretty red feathers because of the success it gave us in mating rites. We evolved ourselves into those who are more "like" the values the myth in culture supported. Those who could dance the dance well enough, got to mate. Those who didn't went off into the forest and died. We rose out of the fields and became born in the image of God, so to speak.

You think I can make any money with this? :grin: