Goodbye Jesus

death challenge for ex-christians

pug

God is NOT on my side. He does what He likes with me. His grace is good enough for me. Sometimes the yoke is light, most times it's not.

You are the lucky one.

So... you're willing to be a horrible person & just continue with that just because you have grace?

It that's not what you're saying then you need to work on your sentence structure because that's what it says to me.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Nicole Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dudes, seriously. Pug's just a troll. At this point I don't believe he'll say anything honest. I doubt he was a buddhist, I doubt he's a xtian, I think he's just an antisocial jerk who likes to go around to different boards and fuck with people.

All he'll ever do is respond in some smart-ass way that he knows will piss people off.

Just FYI.

Dudes, seriously. Pug's just a troll. At this point I don't believe he'll say anything honest. I doubt he was a buddhist, I doubt he's a xtian, I think he's just an antisocial jerk who likes to go around to different boards and fuck with people.

All he'll ever do is respond in some smart-ass way that he knows will piss people off.

Just FYI.

Agree. Because he's currently playing the game of "repentance" and "reconnection". He wants to get on our good side again, so he later can strike with some nasty comments again. Hooks and reels.

Just FYI.

This is the same conclusion that I've come to also.

He's a troll.

He's clever!

But he's still a troll.

Must have been those damn apples...
Yeah. :mellow:

It must have been. :Hmm:

This is the same conclusion that I've come to also.

He's a troll.

He's clever!

But he's still a troll.

I give him credit. He's pretty good.

He's the only one that turn to the meek and nice attitude so fast and gets everyone on their good side again, and then, *wham* he comes out with a derogatory statement.

I respect and accept most people, and with me, you kind of start on the same level, but a few people earn my disrespect, and he's one of them.

Seriously, if I do not say any thing honest, I know I have to answer to Him one day. So, please do not let it bother your fine analytical brain.

If you wish to refer to me as a troll, then so be it.

If you can doubt and assume so many things just from my poorly worded, insignificant posts in a virtual world, you surely are a genius.

And how can I be antisocial when I'm reacting with you fine folks? Oh, you mean in real life? You possess the uncanny ability to do that too?

Ah, and it's not exactly fun. But this takes the cake: Why in the world would I want to mess with you lot? Is there a prize? :shrug:

I give him credit. He's pretty good.

He's the only one that turn to the meek and nice attitude so fast and gets everyone on their good side again, and then, *wham* he comes out with a derogatory statement.

I respect and accept most people, and with me, you kind of start on the same level, but a few people earn my disrespect, and he's one of them.

And why do I need to get on your good side? Is there a prize?

Meek and nice? That's the only way, I've lately found, to address most of you.

Some kind souls pm me and tell me off gently (well sometimes, not so gently) where I've stepped on some delicate toes. And I try to make amends.

I read in one of your other threads that you are so nice to each other. But errrr... not so, nastiness happens here too (but i've dleted that pm already and I do not wish to start any thing).

So in the end we are just normal humans.

And yeah, I'm still a troll.

:shrug:

• Admin
So, please do not let it bother your fine analytical brain.

...you surely are a genius.

And how can I be antisocial when I'm reacting with you fine folks?

He's not that good. Apologetic sounding insults abound in every sentence.

Let me know when you're tired of him.

Galileo tried to convince the church that a flat earth was a literary methaphor, too.  It got his ass thrown in jail.

Not quite. The church didn't have a problem with a spherical earth, but they wanted everything else in the heavens, including the sun, to revolve around it. Galileo observed that Saturn had moons revolving around it, and his observations back up Copernicus's hypothesis that the earth and planets revolved around the sun. So it was repent or die! for Galileo. He only got house arrest because he recanted; if he'd stuck to his guns they were going to kill him.

It is all pretty simple: we are animals, and our survival instincts trump our logic

Strange thing that's the same thing Hitler and Stalin believed and they pursued it Survival of the fittest

Strange thing that's the same thing Hitler and Stalin believed and they pursued it Survival of the fittest

Right...

Well, if that were true (and it's certainly debatable), "survival of the fittest" doesn't mean "might makes right". It's referring to the ability of a population to best "fit" the conditions of the time to optimize the survival of the species. It is also a biological process and applying it to politics is a gross misuse of the theory. "Social" Darwinism is a tragedy, one most people have thankfully rejected for the fallacy it is.

By the way, what was it that was written on the belt buckles of Nazi soldiers?

post-350-1128535707_thumb.jpg

By the way, what was it that was written on the belt buckles of Nazi soldiers?

Let me help Croesus on that one.

Edited to add this:

The picture is taken from Time Traveler - WW2 German Belt Buckles

It means "God is with us".

Funny... the only thing they believed in was that they were so much better than everyone else.

Oh, and brutally murdering anyone who opposed them... kinda like the early Christian religion.

Both Nazi Germany and Soviet were firm believers of the Lamarck's evolution process, and not Mendel's. There's a big difference. And it's one of the reasons why they failed in many sciences and as well as food production.

Lamarck's theory was not so much about the survival of the fittest, but of evolution through forced social and environmental milleu, and inheritance of skills and learned functions. Lamarck thought that if you cut of a tail of a mouse and then breed it, you'll get tail-less offspring. Adoption through social force. Guided evolution in a sense.

Actually Lamarck's theory is more compatible with Intelligent Design than Mendel's theory of mutation and selection.

Thanks Tom and Vix, I knew someone would pick up on it.

Han's right as well. It was this "learned" evolution espoused by Lamarck that made them think eugenics was a good idea. The problem is biological change doesn't work that way (if it did Maria Shriver would have ALOT of problems having Arnie's babies!). And even if it did, nobody could have enough data to predict what it actually advantages in the long run, there's simply too many variables. Such practices would lead to a type of biological specialization that would be deterimental to the species as a whole should any change occur in our environment.

You know why we shouldn't gather up all the mentally/physically handicapped, homeless and/or crimial people and euthenize [sic] them? Absolute morality forbids it? While that may work for some, there really are more practical considerations.

First of all, Albert Einstein was considered to be retarded as a child, so it's probably safer not to destroy potential boons to our species. The other is that many great people have either had some or more of these disadvantages or else one of the their ancestors did. There's no way to know, so the safest bet for the species is to help them as best we can. See, no "might makes right" or "god" required...

:thanks:

I recently read a book about sciences gone wrong, and it was extremely interesting to see how screwed up Hitler and Stalin was when it came to science. They were not open minded, and furthermore both of them stopped most of the peer-review, and it caused havoc. Most mistakes they did was caused by their completely false ideas about science, nature and sociology.

Strange thing is, these folks believed in creationism....

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Dungeon/4712/torture.html

Enough stuff for a museum even.....

http://www.michiganatheists.org/events/caro/caro.html

And don't forget all the fun they had depicted in the bible!!! Especially if you insist the bible is recorded fact!

http://www.angelfire.com/pa/greywlf/biblegod.html

So here is hundreds of people over the ages torturing, and murdering in the name of the christian god......compared to your two people who believed in the "survival of the fittest"

hundreds......versus two guys........ :scratch:

lemme think.......which has impacted the course of human history more???

:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Oh! I think I know the answer!!!

:crucified:

He's not that good. Apologetic sounding insults abound in every sentence.

I'm tired of him. He brings nothing to the board except half-assed, pseudo-xtian insults. He's boringly predictable.

^ Seconded.

I'm tired of him. He brings nothing to the board except half-assed, pseudo-xtian insults. He's boringly predictable.

I've had him on Ignore for a couple of days.

*Yawns*

Methinks it's time to hit the iggy button. He sounds almost like my cube mate. Why is it that fundies can't come up with any new arguments?

Yet another Pug copy is out. Pug clone: Davej77nc.

Same attitude, same arguments.

He's iggyed <click>