Goodbye Jesus

death challenge for ex-christians

pug

Nicole - in your upcoming reading list, might I suggest "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie? 

Just a suggestion.

I think the only book that Nicole has read it "How to Win Enemies and Inspire disgust in people"

It's one thing to be sassy & sharp, it's entirely another to just be out & out cold. And unfortunately Nicole you lean more towards the latter in most cases.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Nicole Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the only book that Nicole has read it "How to Win Enemies and Inspire disgust in people"

It's one thing to be sassy & sharp, it's entirely another to just be out & out cold. And unfortunately Nicole you lean more towards the latter in most cases.

Yeah. I think I wrote that right after she slammed Tap. I mean, anyone who takes offense to TAP needs a checkup from the neckup.

Where do you think you will go after you die?

No, no...purely non threatening, just curious. IF you are a Buddhist, it's a long answer. No, i'm not a Buddhist ~ was. So... where will you end up? Or don't give a Foook?

Care to share?

Having had enough experiential evidence to overcome my considerable skepticism, I believe in reincarnation. Which is saddening, because I don't actually like this world very much.

Yeah.  I think I wrote that right after she slammed Tap.  I mean, anyone who takes offense to TAP needs a checkup from the neckup.

My opinions of Nicole are not particularly positive thus far. She still owes me a straight answer on my "where was God" question, and her tapdancing around the issue pissed me off royally yesterday.

Yeah.  I think I wrote that right after she slammed Tap.  I mean, anyone who takes offense to TAP needs a checkup from the neckup.

It's this that shouts hypocrite to me.

Nicole, How can you expect us to give you leniency or accept you if you can't even show compassion to someone who's faith is similar to yours? Or is that your whole purpose here? To mess with people? I should hope not.

Having had enough experiential evidence to overcome my considerable skepticism, I believe in reincarnation. Which is saddening, because I don't actually like this world very much.

Becca, I can easily see how one can lean towards reincarnation, IMHO. Yet, it seems to me the nature of it is to work out lessons here, so that we don't have to do it again. The ultimate end is peace and joy for all, as I see it. Is that how you understand it to be? Just curious...

Amanda one time you mentioned in one of your posts there are Biblical hints suggestive of reincarnation.

Would be delighted if you further elborate on this.

Thank you.

Right... This is just like saying, I'd rather support the man committing genocide than not support him and suffer the consequences. It's inherently the same.

No, it's worse! It's like saying I'd rather support the extremely hypothetical man committing genocide than not support him and maybe suffer the extremely hypothetical consequences.

Pascal's Wager assumes a false dichotomy, anyway.

That's not 'just' a suggestion -- it's an 'unsolicited' suggestion. There's a monumentally huge difference, but apparently not huge enough for you to grasp.

I have another "unsolicited suggestion", Nicole.

Here's $20. Go find yourself a nice john.

In other words: Get fucked.

Jesus fucking Christ, I don't even have to read all of your posts to know that you're a little bitch. Tell me, dear, when do you plan on moving out of mommy's basement?

Amanda one time you mentioned in one of your posts there are Biblical hints suggestive of reincarnation.

Would be delighted if you further elborate on this.

Thank you.

:grin: Scotter, I'll PM you. I would like to give a little commentary to these verses. I don't mind debating with a few interested folks on this... I don't feel like being under seige by multitudes on all sides :eek: , as I KNOW this is very controversial. Anyone interested, PM me. Thanks.

:grin: Scotter, I'll PM you. I would like to give a little commentary to these verses. I don't mind debating with a few interested folks on this... I don't feel like being under seige by multitudes on all sides  :eek: , as I KNOW this is very controversial. Anyone interested, PM me. Thanks.

Oh c'mon, Amanda.

Just start your own thread about it.

If you start getting blasted, just remember,

those threads usually only last a day or two.

Or three.

Maybe four. :HaHa:

IMPORTANT NOTE

The difference between "loose" and "lose"

Verb

(v) free, liberate, release, unloose, unloosen, loose (grant freedom to; free from confinement)

(v) unleash, let loose, loose (turn loose or free from restraint) "let loose mines"; "Loose terrible plagues upon humanity"

(v) loosen, loose (make loose or looser) "loosen the tension on a rope"

(v) loosen, relax, loose (become loose or looser or less tight) "The noose loosened"; "the rope relaxed"

Adjective

(adj) loose (not restrained or confined or attached) "a pocket full of loose bills"

Verb

(v) lose (fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense) "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"

(v) lose (fail to win) "We lost the battle but we won the war"

(v) lose (suffer the loss of a person through death or removal) "She lost her husband in the war"; "The couple that wanted to adopt the child lost her when the biological parents claimed her"

(v) misplace, mislay, lose (place (something) where one cannot find it again) "I misplaced my eyeglasses"

(v) lose (miss from one's possessions; lose sight of) "I've lost my glasses again!"

(v) lose (allow to go out of sight) "The detective lost the man he was shadowing after he had to stop at a red light"

(v) lose, turn a loss (fail to make money in a business; make a loss or fail to profit) "I lost thousands of dollars on that bad investment!"; "The company turned a loss after the first year"

(v) lose (fail to get or obtain) "I lost the opportunity to spend a year abroad"

(v) fall back, lose, drop off, fall behind, recede (retreat)

(v) miss, lose (fail to perceive or to catch with the senses or the mind) "I missed that remark"; "She missed his point"; "We lost part of what he said"

(v) suffer, lose (be set at a disadvantage) "This author really suffers in translation"

I know you all now believe in the non existence of God but I'm sure you do believe the existence of the word "lose"? A lot of you use "loose" to mean "lose" Like "loose faith", when it should be "lose faith".

Just thought you all would like to know. Stay loose. Nothing to lose.

I know you all now believe in the non existence of God but I'm sure you do believe the existence of the word "lose"? A lot of you use "loose" to mean "lose" Like "loose faith", when it should be "lose faith".

Just thought you all would like to know. Stay loose. Nothing to lose.

:lmao:

This is good.

This is really good.

This has to be the first time I've seen a

Christian come in here and give us such

a lengthy spelling lesson.

:HaHa:

:lmao:

This is good.

This is really good.

This has to be the first time I've seen a

Christian come in here and give us such

a lengthy spelling lesson.

:HaHa:

Well, Fwee, I'm too selfish, the "loose" used so liberally (and wrongly) always make me :grin: especially when used in serious debate. Enough enjoyment! It's not the spelling error! It's used wrongly.

In the post I above, I had to edit it cos it was even used wrongly ~ yep from the dictionary! :ugh:

Another one is "its" and "it's".

Well, Fwee, I'm too selfish, the "loose" used so liberally (and wrongly) always make me :grin: especially when used in serious debate. Enough enjoyment! It's not the spelling error! It's used wrongly.

In the post I above, I had to edit it cos it was even used wrongly ~ yep from the dictionary!  :ugh:

Another one is "its" and "it's".

Well, I'll be god damned! :eek:

You're right! :twitch:

I just reread a post of mine over in another part of the forum and noticed that I used the word 'loosing' instead of 'losing'.

Ain't that just such a bad shame? :HaHa:

:scratch:

Well, I'll be god damned!  :eek:

You're right! :twitch:

I just reread a post of mine over in another part of the forum and noticed that I used the word 'loosing' instead of 'losing'.

Ain't that just such a bad shame?  :HaHa:

:scratch:

If I say "no problem" what happens?

If I say "we all make mistakes" what happens?

If I say "it's nothing to be ashamed of" what happens?

If I say "it's ok" what happens?

If I say "chill man" what happens?

If I say "hey, I do it too, WTF" what happens?

IMPORTANT NOTE

The difference between "loose" and "lose"

Yeah. I always have a problem with these two. But I have an excuse, since English is not my native tongue.

Pug - at this point, we are just trying to determine if you are a looser or a loser.

:loser:

No, no...purely non threatening, just curious. IF you are a Buddhist, it's a long answer. No, i'm not a Buddhist ~ was. So... where will you end up? Or don't give a Foook?

Care to share?

Where will "I" go. Same place as you bro...exactly the same place. I will cease to exist in the normal sense of consciousness - and there is no reason to believe that consciousness is resurrected after normal death.

As for the body...same as everyone else's. That part at least is observable.

Where will "I" go. Same place as you bro...exactly the same place. I will cease to exist in the normal sense of consciousness - and there is no reason to believe that consciousness is resurrected after normal death.

As for the body...same as everyone else's. That part at least is observable.

Hooray! Another rational primate that knows the proper answer to the question!

Welcome, bee eh. Happy to have ya aboard..

Care to share?

After death there is nothing. similar to what it was like before birth. Non-existence.

Living after death is nothing more than wishful thinking. I don't see how it is scientifically possible for the brain to survive after death unless you have proof.

Pug - at this point, we are just trying to determine if you are a looser or a loser.

:loser:

I'm a loose loser, trying tobe a winner in a tight place. Do you know where that tight place is?

Yeah. I always have a problem with these two. But I have an excuse, since English is not my native tongue.

English is not my mother tongue either Han. But I try not to use it as an excuse.

My native tongue is Hokkien.

My country's official language is Malay.

But when I speak in tongues I don't understand a word!!!

But when I speak in tongues I don't understand a word!!!

That's 'cause you're not speaking anything. You're babbling as aimlessly as a newborn baby and THINKING that you're saying something "important". :loser: