Goodbye Jesus

death challenge for ex-christians

pug

That's 'cause you're not speaking anything. You're babbling as aimlessly as a newborn baby and THINKING that you're saying something "important". :loser:

I see. Thank you, I didn't know that. Is that what they told you when you were a Christian? Interesting.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pug

• Fweethawt

• Ouroboros

• Nicole Simon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

English is not my mother tongue either Han. But I try not to use it as an excuse.

Okay. Did I ever criticize you for your language? I know I have a problem to properly use use "lose" or "loose". And I'm so sorry that it upset you. I'm going to try my best to conform to you, and to avoid any kind of grammatical or spelling errors in the future. I wouldn't want to upset you, would I?

My native tongue is Hokkien.

My country's official language is Malay.

But when I speak in tongues I don't understand a word!!!

Good for you. The only language you haven't mastered yet is the polite and respectful language. But you have mastered sarcasm and caustic remarks completely.

I'm a loose loser, trying tobe a winner in a tight place. Do you know where that tight place is?

Tobe? Who's that? What's that? Shouldn't it be a space between TO and BE???

It's so annoying to get corrected by someone that can't use their Space Key!

*edit*

Maybe your space key is too "loose", or the computer keeps on "losing" the space character.

Do you know where that tight place is?

Yeah. I know what a tight place is. And you aren't there.

A tight place is when you are the praise and worship leader in a church, and have been almost solely responsible for initiating and developing a music program there. When the entire congregation is so grateful to have you there week after week. Dependable as clockwork.

A tight place is when you start to get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach each and every Sunday as the pastor threatens the congregation with "not having a true relationship" with Jesus. Being religious instead of obedient. When you see the high school kids there trying to make sense of it all, and always feeling like they fall short of what God wants. When you see your "brothers and sisters in the Lord" try and try and try, and it's never good enough.

A tight place is making a decision that you can't be a major player and contribute to it anymore. A tight place is rolling up guitar cords and packing up musical equipment, and trying not to cry as you do it. A tight place is finding the exit door, and abandoning people that you cared about and depended on you.

Yeah, I've been in a tight place.

Tobe? Who's that? What's that? Shouldn't it be a space between TO and BE???

It's so annoying to get corrected by someone that can't use their Space Key!

*edit*

Maybe your space key is too "loose", or the computer keeps on "losing" the space character.

You see? Isn't that a miracle? By chance I stuck to and be and it has given you an unforgettable lesson... for life.

Oooops too arrogant.

I made a huge mistake. I provided you a chance to practise your lose and loose.

Uh oh. Too troll-like.

I

'm sorry I made a mistake.

Yikes, too sarcastic.

Mistake. I made a mistake and not the first one, mind you. I humbly offer my heartfelt apologies Han.

Eeek, too Christian-like.

Arrf. Woof woof. Bow wow.

Errr... too pug like?

Could you possibly make an effort at a reply that is both sincere and honest, pug?

Or is that really too difficult for you?

Yeah.  I know what a tight place is.  And you aren't there.

A tight place is when you are the praise and worship leader in a church, and have been almost solely responsible for initiating and developing a music program there.  When the entire congregation is so grateful to have you there week after week.  Dependable as clockwork.

A tight place is when you start to get a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach each and every Sunday as the pastor threatens the congregation with "not having a true relationship" with Jesus.  Being religious instead of obedient.  When you see the high school kids there trying to make sense of it all, and always feeling like they fall short of what God wants.  When you see your "brothers and sisters in the Lord" try and try and try, and it's never good enough. 

A tight place is making a decision that you can't be a major player and contribute to it anymore.  A tight place is rolling up guitar cords and packing up musical equipment, and trying not to cry as you do it.  A tight place is finding the exit door, and abandoning people that you cared about and depended on you. 

Yeah, I've been in a tight place.

Yes. It's hard to walk the walk. So un-reasonable. So much suffering. Why has He forsaken me? Yes, much, much easier to walk away.

A tight place is when you beg and pray to god not to let you lose your faith...and then you do.

Only two conclusions can be drawn from such an answer:

1) God does not care whether or not some people believe in him.

2) There is no god.

Guess which one I picked.

Could you possibly make an effort at a reply that is both sincere and honest, pug?

Cerise,

No matter what I say, there will be 3 or more requests to say I'm too this or that. So I thought I'll try to please all in one mighty post.

I think if I just type one word: " " I'll be criticised.

I'm afraid Mr. webmaster will be knocking me off any time now.

Let me just repeat myself: I am NOT here to mock or prove any thing or any body. And I'm trying my best to behave. But apparently it's not good enough.

I'm in a tight place.

Cerise,

No matter what I say, there will be 3 or more requests to say I'm too this or that. So I thought I'll try to please all in one mighty post.

I think if I just type one word: "    " I'll be criticised.

I'm afraid Mr. webmaster will be knocking me off any time now.

Let me just repeat myself: I am NOT here to mock or prove any thing or any body. And I'm trying my best to behave. But apparently it's not good enough.

I'm in a tight place.

Do you really think replies such as

Yes. It's hard to walk the walk. So un-reasonable. So much suffering. Why has He forsaken me? Yes, much, much easier to walk away.

and

Arrf. Woof woof. Bow wow.

are instilling us with a sense of genuine attempt at discussion from you?

If that is your best, than no. It isn't good enough.

A tight place is when you beg and pray to god not to let you lose your faith...and then you do.

Some conclusions from such an answer:

1) God does not care whether or not some people believe in Him.

2) There is no god.

3) God lets you make your own choice (but will welcome your return anyway).

4) God lets you lose faith but will welcome your return anyway.

5) God lets you think that you've lost faith and plans for your return.

6) God lets you lose faith but shows you in one shining moment* why you should believe and have faith in Him.

*shining moment = miracle

2) There is no god.

6) God lets you lose faith but shows you in one shining moment* why you should believe and have faith in Him.

Faith is not a choice. You either believe or you do not. No amount of "choosing" can make you believe something you don't.

Why turn someone away and cause great suffering just so you can "welcome their return" as if it is some kind of favour? That's not welcome, that's cruelty.

A shining moment would have been for god to keep the slimy hands of his "children" off me, especially when I begged him to. Didn't happen.

But hey, I heard god has done a bunch of shit for you. Must be nice to be the favourite, hm?

You know, Pug, I got really pissed off when I read this.

And, then I just felt sorry for you. I felt sorry for the fact that you live in such a shallow, superficial, world, where all the answers to life are found in a few memorized bible verses.

It's a shame when religion turns a person into what you are. You can't see it, I know. But many of us see it. I'm so thankful that I have escaped becoming more like you.

It just makes me feel so bad for you and others like you who are truly awful people, and are convinced that god is on your side..

A shining moment would have been for god to keep the slimy hands of his "children" off me, especially when I begged him to.  Didn't happen.

Cerise, don't say any more.

He doesn't give a shit.

You know, Pug, I got really pissed off when I read this.

And how/what, pray, do you wish me to say in order not to piss you off?

And, then I just felt sorry for you.  I felt sorry for the fact that you live in such a shallow, superficial, world, where all the answers to life are found in a few memorized bible verses. 

How I wish! I only know one or two memorised bible verse (Our God who art in Heaven...). IF all the answers to life can be found in a few verses, wouldn't that be a deceitful religion? Do not feel sorry for me. If I do get out of this sorry mess, I'll just see you in that other place. No prob.

It's a shame when religion turns a person into what you are.  You can't see it, I know.  But many of us see it.  I'm so thankful that I have escaped becoming more like you.

I'm ashamed ~ such a poor specimen of Christian too. I'm glad you have escaped.

It just makes me feel so bad for you and others like you who are truly awful people, and are convinced that god is on your side..

Yes, we've established that I'm an awful person. Please do not lump me with the other better Christians.

God is NOT on my side. He does what He likes with me. His grace is good enough for me. Sometimes the yoke is light, most times it's not.

You are the lucky one.

Faith is not a choice.  You either believe or you do not.  No amount of "choosing" can make you believe something you don't. 

You are absolutely right.

Why turn someone away and cause great suffering just so you can "welcome their return" as if it is some kind of favour?  That's not welcome, that's cruelty.

I'm guessing it's a test of your faith. Believe in some Being who you can't see nor "answer" you. That's faith, IMHO. But I'm speculating...

A shining moment would have been for god to keep the slimy hands of his "children" off me, especially when I begged him to.  Didn't happen.

I trust, that has happened by now?

But hey, I heard god has done a bunch of shit for you.  Must be nice to be the favourite, hm?

Nope. I'm not His favourite.

I trust, that has happened by now?

Cerise,

Walk away from the bait.

You don't need it, and you

know where this is going.

:wub:

You could edit out the first of these duplicated posts as well - and cry some real tears for your insensitivity. It was worth deleting first time around.

If Pug was like that when he was a Buddhist, conversion from Buddhism to Christianity didn't do much;

if Pug wasn't like that when he was a Buddhist, then.....

2) There is no god.

There's only one thing that can accurately convey my feelings with this moron.

Cerise,

There was one post where you mentioned: "slimy children" are not keeping their hands off you. (Can't find that post now.)

But I misunderstood your "hidden" message. I thought you were just talking about the usual mob of over zealous evengelizing christians harrasing you (as in not keeping their hands off you).

Some kind soul has told me otherwise.

I regret whatever I have replied.

And I thought the grandma emoticon is sobbing, symphasizing. Hoo boy, it's a happy cry!

:twitch:

I am so, so sorry Cerise.

(Co-incidentally I had just read your camp cake story and in there was another "hidden" message, so it sort of clicked.)

Hooooo boy. Bummer. *sob* I'm sorry, so sorry Cerise.

Cerise,

Walk away from the bait.

You don't need it, and you

know where this is going.

:wub:

Fishing was never my sport in any case, Fwee. :thanks:

But you are right. I know too well. Must have been those damn apples...