Goodbye Jesus

Were You Ever A Christian?

prove_17

I shouldn't be so cruel. I think that he thinks those are answers, enough that he thinks they speak his thoughts. But the problem is they really don't. What I say is still true that it is just stating them without really putting any effort into putting his mind into them. It isn't taking responsibility. I'll say that again, it's not taking responsibility, but hiding behind just putting the Bible verse out there and thinking that it will magically communicate.

The problem with that is, is that when I hear those verses I hear something entirely beyond what is going on in his mind when he quotes them instead of his own voice. They actually work against him in quoting them in most cases. Plus he quotes them with no depth. I understand the context of them and applied meaning will be much, much different in most cases than what he imagines having limited to no exposure to any contexts outside a purely, self-taught superficial reading. The only context there is a context of ignorance. And that shows. That and trying to do magic with them. It's a sad display.

Isa 55:6 ¶Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Isa 55:8 ¶For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prove_17

• Ancey

• Shyone

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I shouldn't be so cruel. I think that he thinks those are answers, enough that he thinks they speak his thoughts. But the problem is they really don't. What I say is still true that it is just stating them without really putting any effort into putting his mind into them. It isn't taking responsibility. I'll say that again, it's not taking responsibility, but hiding behind just putting the Bible verse out there and thinking that it will magically communicate.

The problem with that is, is that when I hear those verses I hear something entirely beyond what is going on in his mind when he quotes them instead of his own voice. They actually work against him in quoting them in most cases. Plus he quotes them with no depth. I understand the context of them and applied meaning will be much, much different in most cases than what he imagines having limited to no exposure to any contexts outside a purely, self-taught superficial reading. The only context there is a context of ignorance. And that shows. That and trying to do magic with them. It's a sad display.

Isa 55:6 ¶Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Isa 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

And this is what you get without education.

So... you're saying that all humans everywhere, being unrighteous should abandon thought? Or is this saying something contextually different and doesn't apply one iota to our discussion? (The answer is the latter).

Isa 55:8 ¶For my thoughts [are] not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

In regards to what? Biblical hermeneutics? Does this validate your refusal to engage in thoughts of your own?

No, if I were the anthropomorphic deity of your beliefs, I'd be disappointed with you. "Having ears to hear, but does not hear."

Isa 55:9 For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So... you're saying that anything that we do here on earth, using our brains and minds for instance, is invalid and we should stop it right now! Stop thinking and just read the Bible without using reason, as you demonstrate?

You know, if I'm not mistaken you used thought to choose these verses (which you misapply by the way). That was an act of sin! You should have said nothing. That would be not using your own thoughts and pleasing the deity of your beliefs.

1Pe 4:11 If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

An orcale of God wouldn't need to quote from the Bible! They would be speaking directly from God! You're no oracle!

How do you know I'm not speaking from God, and you are not listening because.....

because.......

because.......

facehugger.jpg

It's been awhile pulling that one out. But if the harness fits.....

:)

This is nothing to be proud of. You make God sad this way.

And this is what you get without education.

So... you're saying that all humans everywhere, being unrighteous should abandon thought? Or is this saying something contextually different and doesn't apply one iota to our discussion? (The answer is the latter).

In regards to what? Biblical hermeneutics? Does this validate your refusal to engage in thoughts of your own?

No, if I were the anthropomorphic deity of your beliefs, I'd be disappointed with you. "Having ears to hear, but does not hear."

So... you're saying that anything that we do here on earth, using our brains and minds for instance, is invalid and we should stop it right now! Stop thinking and just read the Bible without using reason, as you demonstrate?

You know, if I'm not mistaken you used thought to choose these verses (which you misapply by the way). That was an act of sin! You should have said nothing. That would be not using your own thoughts and pleasing the deity of your beliefs.

An orcale of God wouldn't need to quote from the Bible! They would be speaking directly from God! You're no oracle!

How do you know I'm not speaking from God, and you are not listening because.....

because.......

because.......

post-246-060463400 1280064688_thumb.jpg

It's been awhile pulling that one out. But if the harness fits.....

:)

Pro 16:9 A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

Say that as you step behind the cockpit of an airplane, having never flown nor having any understanding of the controls.

Ignorance is a sin, you know. And so is using God's name in vein, which you are doing.

Say that as you step behind the cockpit of an airplane, having never flown nor having any understanding of the controls.

Ignorance is a sin, you know. And so is using God's name in vein, which you are doing.

Rom 2:1 ¶Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

Good one, Antlerman! :)

Rom 2:1 ¶Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

That's right. Do you understand this? Apparently not, considering every single post you make is viewing others under your lens of judgment.

You condemn yourself.

Bible quiz. What does the word Hypocrite mean?

Oh yes, I forgot 'hypocrite' with my list of words for Prove after he became a sexist pig. We'll add that to the list too. Seems you and I aren't finish dragging him through the mud. :lol:

That's right. Do you understand this? Apparently not, considering every single post you make is viewing others under your lens of judgment.

You condemn yourself.

Bible quiz. What does the word Hypocrite mean?

prove has one of the biggest beams I've ever seen in any christian's eye! :twitch:

Your gawd doesn't exist, but if he did, he's an asshole unfit to live let alone be worshiped.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "The fool hath said in his heart yadda, yadda, yadda." Just more meaningless bullshit like the ones about "mockery" and "scorn" and "vengance" you'll likely trot out.

Oh, and you are an idiot. Thanks for playing.

ETA: Here's a quote for you that actually means something: "Stupid is as stupid does." Bet you don't even know who said it. Ha!

Hey Prove, here is a favourite of mine from The Book of Chuang Tzu:

The Emperor of the South Sea is known as Change. The Emperor of the North Sea is called Dramatic. The Emperor of the Centre is called Chaos. Change and Dramatic met every so often in the region of Chaos. Chaos always treated them kindly and virtuously. Change and Dramatic said, 'Everyone has seven orifices so they can see, hear, eat, and breathe. Chaos does not have these. Let us bore some holes into him.' Each day they bored a hole into Chaos... but on the seventh day Chaos died.

Has more meaning than what you spew.

Here's a good one for you, Prove_17.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

-Buddha

Here's a good one for you, Prove_17.

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

-Buddha

Bet I know his answer to this one: "The teachings of the cross are foolishness to them that perish."

Here you go Prove, done in your own fashion.

Why will you not have discussion instead of just posting bible verses?

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

1 Peter 3:15 ESV

You have shown us no respect and have not done what we have asked.

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.

He is in danger of hell for disobeying God's word... on three counts:

1. Not prepared to make a defense

2. No gentleness

3. No respect

That sounds like a slam dunk failure to obey if I ever saw one.

2. No gentleness

3. No respect

I've done all you've asked me to do.

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

False.

People have asked repeatedly for this christbot to answer them in his own words. He has refused to do so, instead opting to regurgitate endless Babble verses - many of which he clearly doesn't understand.

Others have asked him to leave. He has not done so.

He is not bright enough to realize that the Wholly Babble carries no weight or authority whatsoever with any of us. We unbelievers have had to school him in clearer understanding of his own holy scripture. He does not have enough respect for any of us to treat us as human beings worthy of genuine discussion or dialogue - and in another thread, he just demonstrated that he has even less respect than that for women.

Mods, when can this space-wasting, bandwidth-hogging, condescending, misogynist clanging cymbal receive the Holy Banhammer of Doom™?

False.

People have asked repeatedly for this christbot to answer them in his own words. He has refused to do so, instead opting to regurgitate endless Babble verses - many of which he clearly doesn't understand.

Others have asked him to leave. He has not done so.

He is not bright enough to realize that the Wholly Babble carries no weight or authority whatsoever with any of us. We unbelievers have had to school him in clearer understanding of his own holy scripture. He does not have enough respect for any of us to treat us as human beings worthy of genuine discussion or dialogue - and in another thread, he just demonstrated that he has even less respect than that for women.

Mods, when can this space-wasting, bandwidth-hogging, condescending, misogynist clanging cymbal receive the Holy Banhammer of Doom?

From the beginning, I instantly asked him to open up and not just spout bible verses- and has completely failed to do so and act like a human being and instead persists in acting like a machine, only able to regurgitate words put in his head by another source. I doubt there is a single post he has made that does not include a bible verse. If it doesn't, it is likely short, impersonal, and just as condescending.

He can't see the forest from the trees, eh?

2. No gentleness

3. No respect

#583793 user_off.png

BTW, Prove, there are versus that state that the laws in the Old Testament should be followed FOREVER. Which means you haven't been sacrificing your baby goats as needed. As a rebuttal to your last post regarding your following of proper pregnancy procedures.

1 Chronicles 16:15

Be ye mindful always of his covenant; the word which he commanded to a thousand generations ... an everlasting covenant.

Psalm 119:151-2

Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth. Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever.

Matthew 5:18-19

Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or tittle shall nowise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 16:17

It is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Then there are also versus that say "No! You don't have to follow OT Law!

Galatians 3:13

Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law.

Ephesians 2:15

Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances.

OH NO BIBLE CONTRADICTIONS!!!!!!

Really?

The Dhammapada

Chapter V verse 63

A childish one who knows his childishness

is, for that reason, even like a wise person.

But a childish one who thinks himself wise

Is truly called a childish one.

2. No gentleness

3. No respect

Mat 11:16 But whereunto shall I liken this generation? It is like unto children sitting in the markets, and calling unto their fellows,

Mat 11:17 And saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned unto you, and ye have not lamented.

Mat 11:18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.

Mat 11:19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

Holy shit, prove_17, get it through your dense skull and stunted shit-for-brains mind, you’re nothing but a deluded christbot who worships an illusionary and unsubstantiated dead god on a stick.

Your annoying habit of vomiting up bible-bile is absolutely meaningless to us.

Consider a devout muslim copying & pasting a multitude of quaranic verses at one of the christian sites you frequent – If you are the self-identified true christian you claim to be, you will undoubtedly find NO significance in their attempt to sway you by upchucking quaranic scripture. This is exactly how we feel by the scripture-puke you spew here.

You have nothing to offer but regurgitated tripe written by superstitious goat-herders of the Middle East.

Hit the bricks you inane troll.

--S.

2. No gentleness

3. No respect

Holy shit, prove_17, gets it through your dense skull and stunted shit-for-brains mind, you’re nothing but a deluded christbot who worships an illusionary and unsubstantiated dead god on a stick.

Your annoying habit of vomiting up bible-bile is absolutely meaningless to us.

Consider a devout muslim copying & pasting a multitude of quaranic verses at one of the christian sites you frequent – If you are the self-identified true christian you claim to be, you will undoubtedly find NO significance in their attempt to sway you by upchucking quaranic scripture. This is exactly how we feel by the scripture-puke you spew here.

You have nothing to offer but regurgitated tripe written by superstitious goat-herders of the Middle East.

Hit the bricks you inane troll.

--S.

Scott, good to see you compadre.

It's a penetrating discourse, isn't it?

I'm thinking masturbation.

Phanta

It's a penetrating discourse, isn't it?

I'm thinking masturbation.

Phanta

lol....the only one satisfied is Prove....lol.