Goodbye Jesus

Were You Ever A Christian?

prove_17

"unlearned" means that I haven't been taught on the subject so I am to avoid it.

Oh.

Doesn't the Bible answer all questions?

If even if it doesn't, can't you ask the Holy Spirit for the information?

Note: All Regularly Contributing Patrons enjoy Ex-Christian.net advertisement free.
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prove_17

• Ancey

• Shyone

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

prove_17 said:

"unlearned" means that I haven't been taught on the subject so I am to avoid it.

... you have constantly proved yourself to be ignorant on here, so you are not telling us anything we had not already worked out!

2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

No.

14 Put these things before them, giving them orders in the name of the Lord to keep themselves from fighting about words, which is of no profit, only causing error in their hearers. 15 Let it be your care to get the approval of God, as a workman who has no cause for shame, giving the true word in the right way. 16 But take no part in wrong and foolish talk, for those who do so will go farther into evil, 17 And their words will be like poisoned wounds in the flesh: such are Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Men whose ideas are all false, who say that the coming back from the dead has even now taken place, overturning the faith of some.

23 And put away foolish and uncontrolled questionings, seeing that they are a cause of trouble. 24 For it is not right for the Lord's servant to make trouble, but he is to be gentle to all, ready in teaching, putting up with wrong, 25 Gently guiding those who go against the teaching; if by chance God may give them a change of heart and true knowledge, 26 And so they may get themselves free from the net of the Evil One, being made the prisoners of the Lord's servant, for the purpose of God.

Don't question the party line it leads to heresies and we can't have that.

You also need to be a teacher like described in case those who have it wrong are willing to turn back to the orthodoxy. So far I would say you have failed in this department since you have no sense of what it takes to be a teacher, as per this example, nor do you understand your own texts.

mwc

I'm kinda changing my mind on the 'ban' issue - I'm enjoying 'prove' getting his ass so completely handed to him.

I'm kinda changing my mind on the 'ban' issue - I'm enjoying 'prove' getting his ass so completely handed to him.

And the irony is that he thinks he's handing ours to us.

:lmao:

And he really avoids the tough questions COMPLETELY, it's sooo funny!

He still hasn't answered if they sacrifice the proper animals after having a baby and that he doesn't touch his unclean wife for two months in accordance with scripture.

If nothing else, Prove's flailing and stonewalling and excuse-making is pretty good evidence that there's no Holy Spook helping him talk to us. All I'm seeing is an individual who is desperate to believe and desperate to convince... And who is way over his head here.

He still hasn't answered if they sacrifice the proper animals after having a baby and that he doesn't touch his unclean wife for two months in accordance with scripture.

#584375 user_off.png Those laws don't apply to us today. When Jesus died on the cross He completed (fulfilled) that Law bringing in the New Testament which is why I gave you that passage:

Mat 5:17 ¶Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Oh.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Deu 29:29 The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.

Guest Valk0010

Is it just me or does poof here like to just take bunched of verses and find words in them and use them just for the sake of forming a sentence and not much else.

You can make the bible say whatever you want depending on how you look at it.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God...

Logical fallacy: Petitio principii. A Bible quote about the Bible being divinely inspired is circular reasoning, and completely inadmissible as evidence for divine inspiration.

From a logic point-of-view, your quotation from 2 Timothy is identical to Me posting the statement "Astreja is the Springy Goddess; therefore everything She writes is divinely inspired."

LOL. Yeah, he seriously believes that he's slaying us with the sword of God. Well it might kill us from dying of laughter.

LOL. Yeah, he seriously believes that he's slaying us with the sword of God. Well it might kill us from dying of laughter.

Or boredom.

I had a look at the link provided by Godlessgirl for the Koine Greek of that exact verse. You know, the original text? In Koine Greek? Because the shitty book you worship wasn't actually written in English, did you know that? Now, I can read a bit of Greek, so I know about how that language works, and I can EMPHATICALLY SAY that in that verse, the word translated as 'unlearned' is referring to THE PERSON ASKING THE QUESTION. Not you.

Of course, this should have been blatantly obvious in just about any translation of that hateful book you worship that you have lying around. But you're just grasping for straws so you were hoping you could deflect the flack you are getting from your profound rudeness and arrogance by pretending (yes PRETENDING, you LIAR) that your interpretation of that verse was the right one.

Blind, illiterate fucking Freddie could tell you that that verse means "Don't answer any questions you think are stupid or ignorant, because this leads to fights". You used it to insinuate that the asker of those questions was stupid or ignorant, thus insulting them, because you couldn't answer the question.

You can't be any older than fifteen, and a dumb fifteen at that. Answer the questions or piss off. No more pathetic bible verses. Actually answer the questions in your own words without ramming disjointed bible verses down our throats and expecting us to play "Guess What Question He's Pretending to Answer Now!?" It is insulting. Actually answer them in your own words without fucking us about.

Oh.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Deu 29:29 The secret [things belong] unto the LORD our God: but those [things which are] revealed [belong] unto us and to our children for ever, that [we] may do all the words of this law.

A simple "No" would have suffice.

I had a look at the link provided by Godlessgirl for the Koine Greek of that exact verse. You know, the original text? In Koine Greek? Because the shitty book you worship wasn't actually written in English, did you know that? Now, I can read a bit of Greek, so I know about how that language works, and I can EMPHATICALLY SAY that in that verse, the word translated as 'unlearned' is referring to THE PERSON ASKING THE QUESTION. Not you.

Of course, this should have been blatantly obvious in just about any translation of that hateful book you worship that you have lying around. But you're just grasping for straws so you were hoping you could deflect the flack you are getting from your profound rudeness and arrogance by pretending (yes PRETENDING, you LIAR) that your interpretation of that verse was the right one.

Blind, illiterate fucking Freddie could tell you that that verse means "Don't answer any questions you think are stupid or ignorant, because this leads to fights". You used it to insinuate that the asker of those questions was stupid or ignorant, thus insulting them, because you couldn't answer the question.

You can't be any older than fifteen, and a dumb fifteen at that. Answer the questions or piss off. No more pathetic bible verses. Actually answer the questions in your own words without ramming disjointed bible verses down our throats and expecting us to play "Guess What Question He's Pretending to Answer Now!?" It is insulting. Actually answer them in your own words without fucking us about.

+500!

I'm surprised anyone answered Prove's questions, let alone let it go on 11 pages, esp when he makes no sense. How does anyone know what s/he is talking about when all s/he does is post mostly Bile verses?

I'm surprised anyone answered Prove's questions, let alone let it go on 11 pages, esp when he makes no sense. How does anyone know what s/he is talking about when all s/he does is post mostly Bile verses?

It's a penetrating discourse, isn't it?

I'm always amused when someone quotes the Bible like this instead of having a discussion, believing that they are like special words, which if spoken perform magic behind the scene. All they need to is just speak them and they rest just happens magically. I've known many Christians that believe this. It completely allows the sorcerer, Prove_17 in this case, to think he is doing good without having to actually rise to the challenge himself. It's honestly Magic using the Bible as an incantation.

What it really is is like a child walking onto center stage in his underwear, standing there doing nothing, then walking off stage believing he did good and it meant something to the audience. Quite embarrassing actually.

I'm always amused when someone quotes the Bible like this instead of having a discussion, believing that they are like special words, which if spoken perform magic behind the scene. All they need to is just speak them and they rest just happens magically. I've known many Christians that believe this. It completely allows the sorcerer, Prove_17 in this case, to think he is doing good without having to actually rise to the challenge himself. It's honestly Magic using the Bible as an incantation.

What it really is is like a child walking onto center stage in his underwear, standing there doing nothing, then walking off stage believing he did good and it meant something to the audience. Quite embarrassing actually.

So, obviously Prove puts no thought into what s/he is doing. Well little good that does when one isn't communicating and no has a clue as to what they want to talk about. There is no magic in quoting anything. I could do that with any text and it would be meaningless. Prove has no idea how meaningless his/her posts are and then Xians wonder why others get so pissed off with them. Well these people don't think and they don't say anything meaningful.

According to the bible...

And why does that make a fat-finger-fuck bit of difference?

It only matters to idiots who like to play make-believe for grown-ups.

So, obviously Prove puts no thought into what s/he is doing. Well little good that does when one isn't communicating and no has a clue as to what they want to talk about. There is no magic in quoting anything. I could do that with any text and it would be meaningless. Prove has no idea how meaningless his/her posts are and then Xians wonder why others get so pissed off with them. Well these people don't think and they don't say anything meaningful.

I shouldn't be so cruel. I think that he thinks those are answers, enough that he thinks they speak his thoughts. But the problem is they really don't. What I say is still true that it is just stating them without really putting any effort into putting his mind into them. It isn't taking responsibility. I'll say that again, it's not taking responsibility, but hiding behind just putting the Bible verse out there and thinking that it will magically communicate.

The problem with that is, is that when I hear those verses I hear something entirely beyond what is going on in his mind when he quotes them instead of his own voice. They actually work against him in quoting them in most cases. Plus he quotes them with no depth. I understand the context of them and applied meaning will be much, much different in most cases than what he imagines having limited to no exposure to any contexts outside a purely, self-taught superficial reading. The only context there is a context of ignorance. And that shows. That and trying to do magic with them. It's a sad display.

Those laws don't apply to us today. When Jesus died on the cross He completed (fulfilled) that Law bringing in the New Testament which is why I gave you that passage:

Mat 5:17 ¶Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, [even] the law of commandments [contained] in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, [so] making peace;

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The problem with this common Christian rationalization is that it blatantly contradicts the "Old Testament" word of God.

You, like the Jewish apostate Paul, are contradicting the God of the Hebrew scriptures.

God declared that the laws were not to be tampered with by adding or subtracting from them. (Deut 4:2)

God stated that in the messianic era, a king would lead the people into great compliance with the law, not abolish it. (Ezek 37:24)

God stated that the new covenant would bring a reaffirmation of his laws, infusing them into the hearts of his people so that they would obey them. (Jer 31:31-34)

God declared the law eternal and perfect in Psa 119 and Psa 19.

Christianity, particularly the "no more law" doctrine of Paul, is heresy if the Hebrew scriptures are to be taken seriously.

Christianity laughs in the face of the "God" it attempts to validate itself with.

Cite one verse from the Hebrew scriptures that says the law would no longer apply when a king messiah arrived.

You're also taking Jesus out of context in Matthew 5.

You didn't bother to quote the part where Jesus says that the law would stand and should be obeyed until heaven and earth passed away.(Matt 5:18-20)

Can't you just feel the words of the babble, penetrating your spirit and ministering to you?

Or is that just indigestion?

:lmao: What Prove doesn't seem to realise is that if the bible really did have that power we wouldn't be ex-Christians today. In fact I'd be in church right now!

I shouldn't be so cruel. I think that he thinks those are answers, enough that he thinks they speak his thoughts. But the problem is they really don't. What I say is still true that it is just stating them without really putting any effort into putting his mind into them. It isn't taking responsibility. I'll say that again, it's not taking responsibility, but hiding behind just putting the Bible verse out there and thinking that it will magically communicate.

The problem with that is, is that when I hear those verses I hear something entirely beyond what is going on in his mind when he quotes them instead of his own voice. They actually work against him in quoting them in most cases. Plus he quotes them with no depth. I understand the context of them and applied meaning will be much, much different in most cases than what he imagines having limited to no exposure to any contexts outside a purely, self-taught superficial reading. The only context there is a context of ignorance. And that shows. That and trying to do magic with them. It's a sad display.

I agree with you completely and I don't think you are being cruel if it gets him to actually say something that actually communicates with people.

Can't you just feel the words of the babble, penetrating your spirit and ministering to you?

No. :( I get nothing.

Or is that just indigestion?

You some Tums?

:lmao: What Prove doesn't seem to realise is that if the bible really did have that power we wouldn't be ex-Christians today. In fact I'd be in church right now!

It's got nothing. Nothing more than the Wizard of Oz book does.

Oh I have an idea! 3.gif

Hey Prove! Try this on for size! For kicks, read the first two aloud. :lol:

2007a. To say: Thy water belongs to thee, thine abundance belongs to thee, thine efflux belongs to thee, 2007b. which issues from Osiris.

2008a. Collect thy bones; arrange thy limbs;

2008b. shake off thy dust; untie thy bandages.

2009a. The tomb is open for thee; the double doors of the coffin are undone for thee;

2009b. the double doors of heaven are open for thee.

Plate one Illistration 2 verse 4: You are the lord of heaven and earth, maker of the heavenly beings above and below, on principle, who came into being maker of the world, creator of mankind, maker of the water of Nu, creator of the Nile, maker of the water which gives life therein, binding the mountains, causing the existence of humanity and cattle. Maker of heaven and earth, adoration to you!

Oh this is good too!

Teaching 10 verse 32: I AM the beginning, the middle, and the end of creations, Arjuna; of sciences, I AM the science of the self; I AM the dispute of orators.

How about this one:

3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is

in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they

say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and

you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living

Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty

and it is you who are that poverty."

77) Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them

all. It is I who am the All. From Me did the All come forth, and

unto Me did the All extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am

there. Lift up the stone, and you will find Me there."

49 (5) Heaven and earth are inhumane;

they view the myriad creatures as straw dogs.

The sage is inhumane;

he views the common people as straw dogs

56 One who knows does not speak;

and one who speaks doesn't know.

I have a plenty more quotes and can keep going as long as you do, Prove. Once you figure out it means nothing, maybe you'll say something constructive.

What do you think guys? You think this could be fun or an excessive use of the forum? :lol: