Goodbye Jesus

Were You Ever A Christian?

prove_17

Everything I said about love, etc, hit ears of stone. No penetration at all. No discussion. No comprehension. Not exposing himself to any other thoughts but his own within his religious peers, is a way to ensure no challenges are presented that may upset that self-created, legalistic edifice that guarantees his righteousness to save him from the ever-watchful Punisher judging him from the sky.

Very insightful post, this part resonates with me, I feel it is spot on. Prove is a one way street.

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I don't believe Jesus was extolling the virtues of a closed mind, let alone having a closed heart.

Don't delude yourself into thinking blocking yourself from all other thoughts and ideas or hearts is any road to salvation. It isn't. It is the ultimate act of selfishness, and you are on that road. And that road has many paths that lead anywhere but towards a soul's enlightenment. That's one of the many paths of that broad road in the metaphor you quoted that leads to destruction. At the end of the day, you have nothing. You are removed from others, yourself, and as such... from God.

Legalism is a Selfish Salvation, which is no salvation at all. Gleaming white-washed tombs full of rotting bones. The Pharisees loved to quote scripture in their defense, for probably the same reasons as you. Quote away, what I hear is emptiness.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• prove_17

• Ancey

• Shyone

• Antlerman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have studied the bible as much as you say, then why haven't you joined the rest of us atheists?

Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

Luk 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luk 16:24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Emotional blackmail. Tool of the weak and wounded who need the feeling of power when they are struggling to feel like they have a handle on their own lives. Very much in line with someone who suppresses women speaking as equals. This is not real strength, it is a sign of deep fear and insecurity. I can only imagine what you struggle with, and have compassion.

Heed my words, the longer you refuse to face your problems, the longer they will fester, alienating you further from your species and causing harm against others.

Phanta

Guest Valk0010

can you response with more then the bible biblebot.

How about you prove the veracity of the bible, first, then, start being a biblebot.

Also he has been a troll on christian forums as well, at least at one time. What is funny is that he had the exact same format, verses with underlined portions. lol No evolution here! : http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:0M5Kg4h7630J:www.churchusatoday.com/ChurchUSAForums/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D40%26t%3D380%26start%3D45+prove_17&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

C'mon, he doesn't believe in evolution, it's not in the babble! It would make Baby Jeebus cry if he evolved, like those smelly atheists. :lmao:

Mat 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Too bad you haven't found it either, ...

... troll.

Too bad you haven't found it either, ...

... troll.

... without doubt a troll and a poor one at that!

He must have such a horrible existence having a heathen family and being the "only true christian" he knows! Perish the thought he might be "un-equally yoked"... but then again, what woman would ever want such a self assured jerk?!

Anti-Human!

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

The definition of masochism. Masochism gives to those who are hateful. Love can only be given to someone we value in and of him/herself. Treating others with kindness even though they are hateful or undeserving would be benevolent at best, but not love.

Surely you are wise enough to read the magical words of the Koran and Know they are the Truth! Christianity is folly, and you are hell bound for your unbelief.

Rom 10:4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

• Super Moderator

Surely you are wise enough to read the magical words of the Koran and Know they are the Truth! Christianity is folly, and you are hell bound for your unbelief.

Rom 10:4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

So your question is, why is the Bible correct and not the Koran? Because you happened to be born in a predominantly Christian society?

[2.63] And when We took a promise from you and lifted the mountain over you: Take hold of the law (Tavrat) We have given you with firmness and bear in mind what is in it, so that you may guard (against evil).

[5.88] And eat of the lawful and good (things) that Allah has given you, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, in Whom you believe.

Silly people, y'all are all wrong, it's the holy words come through the Master Therion that you you should attend to, and complete the Great Work!

So says the magnificent Liber AL vel Legis

1.57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.

-

1.61. But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather goods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in spendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!

1.62. At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say -- and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple -- To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant.

Silly people, y'all are all wrong, it's the holy words come through the Master Therion that you you should attend to, and complete the Great Work!

So says the magnificent Liber AL vel Legis

1.57. Invoke me under my stars! Love is the law, love under will. Nor let the fools mistake love; for there are love and love. There is the dove, and there is the serpent. Choose ye well! He, my prophet, hath chosen, knowing the law of the fortress, and the great mystery of the House of God.

-

1.61. But to love me is better than all things: if under the night stars in the desert thou presently burnest mine incense before me, invoking me with a pure heart, and the Serpent flame therein, thou shalt come a little to lie in my bosom. For one kiss wilt thou then be willing to give all; but whoso gives one particle of dust shall lose all in that hour. Ye shall gather goods and store of women and spices; ye shall wear rich jewels; ye shall exceed the nations of the earth in spendour & pride; but always in the love of me, and so shall ye come to my joy. I charge you earnestly to come before me in a single robe, and covered with a rich headdress. I love you! I yearn to you! Pale or purple, veiled or voluptuous, I who am all pleasure and purple, and drunkenness of the innermost sense, desire you. Put on the wings, and arouse the coiled splendour within you: come unto me!

1.62. At all my meetings with you shall the priestess say -- and her eyes shall burn with desire as she stands bare and rejoicing in my secret temple -- To me! To me! calling forth the flame of the hearts of all in her love-chant.

That sounds like fun.

[2.63] And when We took a promise from you and lifted the mountain over you: Take hold of the law (Tavrat) We have given you with firmness and bear in mind what is in it, so that you may guard (against evil).

[5.88] And eat of the lawful and good (things) that Allah has given you, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah, in Whom you believe.

:lmao:

Thank you! I needed the laugh tonight! Very good.

:woohoo: Aleister C. FTW!

LH, in My younger years I possessed a rather hefty hardbound volume called Gems from the Equinox. One of the best parts was the section of book reviews from Crowley's magazine The Equinox -- Wit so dry you could use it as sandpaper. Those were the days.

@prove

So you are just here to throw around your magical phrases? Have you ever thought about the idea, that a forum could be designed to talk to REAL people and share ideas and worldviews? Are you talking the same way to your neigbours? We are REAL people like your neighbours. Human beings.

And do you really believe, that your book can explain itself?

I hope that you will find a real life. At least you are one of those who try to take the bible serious. But due to the fact that you are not able to speak or answer I wish you all the best. I hope that your kids will get through your education without big scars.

@prove

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

• Super Moderator

By the time this asshole is done, he will have posted the entire Bible. There might not even be a human behind the seemingly automatic verse generation.

This is more of a waste of time than usual.

See ya, Bible Boy.

The thing that christians try to use to prove their points is the one thing we as ex-christians find the most ridiculous - the babble and those who think it speaks.

Problem is most of us at one time believed it to be the word of gawd, then we realized just how silly that was, which makes anyone throwing verses around even more silly...anyone who thinks that verse tossing will change any educated person's mind has to be a bit of an idiot. My fundamentalist mother even knows that tossing verses out to someone who has learned the true historical context of the bible and has determined it to be nothing more than another book written by random guys centuries ago is a waste of time. She can at least put together that a) I already know what it says b ) I do not find it pertinent c) therefore, using the bible is just stupid unless someone accepts it as truth - and since this is an ex christian forum, the bible pretty much becomes a moot point.

Oh, and yes, I was a True Christian according to the babble...a couple times over in fact. Once in my fundy baptist like church I grew up in, and once again as an adult in the Church of Christ. Then I grew a pair (figuratively speaking) and opened my eyes to reality.

Guest Valk0010

@prove

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

circular reasoning maybe

Anti-Human!

Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

You should not let a sorceress live. Exodus 22:17

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. Exodus 21:15

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up baldhead," they shouted, "go up baldhead!" The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. 2 Kings 2:23-24

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God - Deuteronomy 13:13-19

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night - Deuteronomy 22:20-21

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. Isaiah 14:21

Kill Men, Women, and Children Ezekiel 9:5-7

More Rape and Baby Killing Isaiah 13:15-18

God orders a man to be stoned to death for picking up sticks Numbers 15:33-36

Here is lots of new blue goo now. New goo. Blue goo. Gooey. Goeey. Blue goo, New goo. Gluey. Gluey.

Gooey goo for chewy chewing! That's what that Goo-Goose is doing.

Do you choose to chew goo, too, sir? If, sir, you, sir, choose to chew, sir, with the Goo-Goose, chew, sir. Do, sir.

I'll do whatever it takes to keep from being tormented the rest of eternity.

This was the major problem I had with my faith. One of the big turning points was when a suite-mate from college was grieving for her father asked me "My father believed in God, but not Jesus, do you believe he went to Hell?" and I said "Yes" and she called me a monster. I asked a person in my Christian group in college about this and their response was "That girl will now think and obey so she won't end up in the same place like her Dad!"

Also, my christian group believed babies would go to Heaven because they did not hear the word of God yet. But... that is true of adults that never heard also according to them. So in their minds, evangelizing could send someone to Hell if they do not accept the message...... but the Bible says so so they obey.

Seriously dude, THINK!

I often need reminders to do things like cleaning... one of my relatives is extremely harsh to make me do things and even threatens to take away my computer if I don't do them (I'm 27 and I'm really getting tired of this relative, but that's another story). If I do something correctly, she says nothing, if I do something wrong, I get yelled and cussed at.

Another relative gives me gentle reminders to do things and praises me when I do something correctly. If I do something wrong, she just points it out and gives me a chance to correct it. She never threatens to punish me.

Also these relatives will give different types of instructions. The first relative will not be clear on what she wants, and sometimes will out and out say that she meant something else than what she said and because I didn't read between the lines correctly I get yelled at.

The second relative always clearly spells out what is to be expected of me.

I would say the overwhelming evidence shows that your God is like relative #1. I'm not saying that a very naughty kid should not be punished, but to threaten to punish even before that person does something wrong like my aunt does? Gives unclear instructions and even gives contradictory instructions like the Bible? Sorry, I don't want that God as my parent anymore.

I'll do whatever it takes to keep from being tormented the rest of eternity.

Once you start thinking about this, and ask the question, why is it necessary for ANYONE (not just no 1 - poor little old me) to be tormented for eternity for something which isn't even your fault, and which you had no control over in the first place, for example your own birth - which immediately puts one at peril, and no excuse given by christians can justify or warrant such a ghastly concept in your own mind under any circumstances, and every fiber of your being revolts and rails against this concept, as it goes against your own concept of justice and fairness, flawed as it may be

You may well find yourself in the same predicament as the most of the rest of us on here, an apostate and deconvert, the truth of the matter is, many of us didn't even see it coming, but trust me, landing up on here is where the logical conclusion takes you once you start asking questions, like the ones many of us asked and which we were given no satisfactory answers to

Once you start thinking about this, and ask the question, why is it necessary for ANYONE (not just no 1 - poor little old me) to be tormented for eternity for something which isn't even your fault, and which you had no control over in the first place, for example your own birth

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

Once you start thinking about this, and ask the question, why is it necessary for ANYONE (not just no 1 - poor little old me) to be tormented for eternity for something which isn't even your fault, and which you had no control over in the first place, for example your own birth

Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

That didn't answer the question, I don't think. If I'm reading correctly, those who do wrong have wrongs made against them, yes? That is what the verse seems to say. (basically karma: good leads to good, bad leads to bad)

So, what does that do for situations outside of your control? That quote is on the repercussions of your actions (deeds). Seems like alisonminnie was asking about damnation for something that is not in your control. Like the fate of unbaptized babies or children who are even too young to understand Christianity dying?

You seriously don't answer questions very well. If the answer is there in what you posted, it isn't CLEAR AT ALL.