Goodbye Jesus

Former Christian Friend Became An Atheist/satanist

Guest Justyna

Guest Justyna

RecoveringFromChristianity.....any everyone else,

What would be the point if we knew EVERYTHING there is to know about God? Wouldnt that be boring? Wouldnt we get tired of Him? Wouldnt we walk away because there was no mystery left about Him? We humans are a weird bunch. We want to know what God was thinking when He created us and what His ways are and what Hes like, but as soon as we do, we are displeased with the fact that we know and we quickly want to search for something else. God gave us His Word and it reveals a great deal about Him. There is soooo much to God, and He is big and magnificent. I like the fact that I dont know everything. I know you guys say I think I know everything, but I will be the first one to admit that I dont know everything. I dont. The Bible even says that some things we will never know. I like going to God and learning new things about Him whether its through the cosmos, or nature or a small baby. If God said, "okay listen children, here are the 25 things you need to know about Me and thats all there is to know about Me." Can you imagine how bored we would be with God? I would be. I would not be impressed with Him and I would not call Him a majestic God by any means. I would call Him lame and predictable. So the fact that He has not revealed everything about Himself to me and to the world, makes me want to search for Him and find out what Hes really like, what He thinks about, where His heart is. He has revealed to us what we need to know in His Word, but the Word is very complex and there is so much in there and there is much more to God than just the Bible..that is why it says we will forever worship Him for all eternity..thats how vast and amazing He is..wow!

I guess I will share this..why not. Onetime I was in Gods pressence and I was talking to Him. He got really close and His pressence increased and He told me that He felt "lonely." I was like..what? How can this be Lord? He said that a lot of His children did not spend time with Him the way He wanted them too..that He was lonely for intimacy with them, but they were too busy doing "church stuff" to bother with Him. This made me sad. Now I dont think this is all the time, it was just that moment in time where He told me that. I know He has the Father and the angles and of course all the believers, but I could tell He wanted His Church to be closer to Him. This was suprising to me, and I was glad He told me. It was like discovering someting new about Him. I like that. If I knew everything about Him..seriously I would be sooooo bored out of my mind. Thank God He will never get boring and never seize to amaze us.

If God said, "okay listen children, here are the 25 things you need to know about Me and thats all there is to know about Me." Can you imagine how bored we would be with God? I would be.

Well, there's your problem right there, Justyna. You think that knowing details about a friend makes them boring. That's not what relationships are about.

Guest Justyna
If God said, "okay listen children, here are the 25 things you need to know about Me and thats all there is to know about Me." Can you imagine how bored we would be with God? I would be.

Well, there's your problem right there, Justyna. You think that knowing details about a friend makes them boring. That's not what relationships are about.

We are all like this, not just me. How many marriages fall apart because the "mystery" is gone and the "spark" is missing and there is nothing left to figure out. Humans get boring really fast...but God is not human...His personality goes on forever and His love goes on forever and His mercy is forever. We humans have a max limit we reach with everything..but God has no limit to anything. I love that about Him. He always suprises me in some way.

Also if there were only 25 things to know about God, that would mean He has limits and He was finite and would NOT make Him God. The fact that He is endless and we will never fully know Him, does in fact make Him God. If there were only 25 things to God to understand, then we would all be on our knees begging God to reveal something new to us about Himself and His ways so that we wouldnt die of boredom. Think about it. So dont complain that you dont understand everything about Him. We never will. We are making Him like a human, and He is not. He is above us. Humans can be figured out, God cannot be figured out completely. Hes too vast for us to know Him fully. It says we will spend all eternity praising Him for His wonders and His greatness..wow, I am blown away by this!

I said I wouldn't say anything, but you're making it hard not to debate what you say, Justyna. In so, I'm waiting until tomorrow to say why your argument has holes in it. Maybe I'll change my mind by then and not bother, because you're completely deaf to what we say, and still continue to avoid the tough questions. Well, anyways, I gotta get to sleep, and I've been watching Hellboy II before I go to bed, which is fun, so... 'night.

god is so NOT in control justyna. that is the mantra of christianity, but the evidence to the contrary is OVERWHELMING. if you dont think so then you are simply not paying attention. Or maybe god was having a coffee when those women and BABY BOYS were raped in the congo this week.

Guest Justyna

Ooooh another thing...

Dont you think that our human brains can never completely understand God fully? I think this is true. No matter how hard we try, we can never fully understand God because our brains are too finite and ultimately just too freaking small to comprehend His vastness. Thats why it says that in heaven we will have "new bodies," and we will be able to be in His pressence all the time. Those mysteries will be revealed to us and we will understand the things we cant comprehend now. There are too many demensions to God and we cannot understand now. Our brains are not wired like that. But He has given us enough to understand who He is and what we need to do to be saved. The fact that we dont know everything, should not be an excuse for not accepting Him. We know enough, we just choose to not accept it.

We dont even understand the cosmos and have only been able to see a very very small percent of the Universe and galaxies. We are so small compared to the Universe..yet God created the Universe.....and God knows all the stars and their names. And yet He is soooo very very interested in us and interested in having a personal relationship with little tiny us! Wow...just wow! I am blown away tonight.

Guest Valk0010

Ooooh another thing...

I would say religion is a explanation of the unexplainable in a culturally relative way. God being "mysterious" is by design.

Does anyone gain anything by arguing with Justyna? I think she really just likes the attention. She's obviously not in a mental state where she is willing to rationally consider any arguments contrary to her world view. I think trying to convince her of anything is a waste of time. I guess maybe there is something to learn from dealing with people like her. I've just seen this thread get longer and longer, and I wonder if her atheist friend even exists, or if she just posted a link to some random atheist band on facebook as an excuse to start another endless conversation.

I know I'm free to ignore her, just like you all are free to continue to waste your time with her. It just seems like such a waste. I think we are just enabling her behavior.

Guest Justyna

I cant believe how bitter, angry and hostile SOME people are here toward God. Notice I didnt say EVERYONE, just some, so dont jump down my back. I just got done explaining that we as humans can never fully understand Gods way..yet someone just posted that "God must have been having His coffee when those boys were going through their ordeal." How do you know what God was thinking during this time?

Why be so bitter and hostile just because you dont understand a situation? I know it is frustrating, but have a little faith in God. Why be angry with Him just because you dont understand something? Anger is not going to solve anything.

Humans get boring really fast...

It is *not* the job of other human beings -- Or indeed the job of any other sentient being -- to keep you from getting bored.

I tend towards long-term relationships in My personal life, work life and hobbies. I've had exactly two serious romantic relationships so far, one for 26 years and one at 11½ years and counting. I tend to stay at any given job for at least three years unless there's something seriously wrong with it. (I'm into My fifth year of a job that involves sitting at a computer and typing letter after letter from dictation, 7½ hours a day, 5 days a week, and I continue to enjoy it very much.)

If you're bored, it could be that your mind is wandering off into the past or future. Stay in the present moment with your thoughts, and everything is fascinating all on its own. Seriously. I speak from many years of experience here.

Guest Justyna

The only thing that seriously interests me is God...I can talk about Him for hours and hours at a time. Everything else becomes boring to me real fast.. Notice I dont talk about business or psych or medicine or law or politics (yuck politics)...seriously those things are boooooooooooooooooooooooooring to me. *yawn* I could fall asleep, cause they do nothing for me in the end.

I like the attention in this thread in the sense that I love to talk about God! I love to talk about how good He is and how amazing He is. I can go on for hours (and I have).

I get that it can annoy people though.

so, if god is in control, how is he good if he allows babies to be raped?

Guest Perfect Insanity

Here's the thing... not everybody believes in Jesus/Yaweh. Some believe in other gods, some don't believe in any gods. People are all over the place in their beliefs. Everyone attempts to fill in the unknowable gaps and everyone comes out of it with different conclusions. I don't think anyone in this discussion is being hostile towards God, they're being hostile towards the recurring attitude that assumes everyone deep down believes the same as you do. I'm just guessing at that, but that's what I get when I see this thread.

Guest Valk0010

The only thing that seriously interests me is God...I can talk about Him for hours and hours at a time. Everything else becomes boring to me real fast.. Notice I dont talk about business or psych or medicine or law or politics (yuck politics)...seriously those things are boooooooooooooooooooooooooring to me. *yawn* I could fall asleep, cause they do nothing for me in the end.

I like the attention in this thread in the sense that I love to talk about God! I love to talk about how good He is and how amazing He is. I can go on for hours (and I have).

Did you ever get back to us, about the comments and critcisms we made about the babylonian talmud? If your interested in talking about god, then how about we talk about evidence, not appeals to its own authority. God is god, and so all your comments and are meaningless is fallacious. Don't appeal to what your trying to prove. Prove something exists then we can talk about adjectives.

Girlie, just face it, no one is in control, the universe just runs amok, the way it always has, the way it always will. all things DO NOT work together for good for them that love god. when i was your age, no one could have convinced me there was notgod. but sometimes too much happens and you just cannot believe any more.

I cant believe how bitter, angry and hostile SOME people are here toward God. Notice I didnt say EVERYONE, just some, so dont jump down my back. I just got done explaining that we as humans can never fully understand Gods way..yet someone just posted that "God must have been having His coffee when those boys were going through their ordeal." How do you know what God was thinking during this time?

Why be so bitter and hostile just because you dont understand a situation? I know it is frustrating, but have a little faith in God. Why be angry with Him just because you dont understand something? Anger is not going to solve anything.

We're not angry with him, its impossible to be angry at nothing. I presume you don't get angry at Gandalf for abandoning bilbo in his time of need. We're angry with you, you love the attention, and by your standards, your always winning. About the god thinking about events, if he is all knowing and all powerful, he would know when, and before it would happen. So why would he "think" about it when its happening, Are we just his toys he plays with? Does rape, murder, etc. interest your god? Does he get his jollies off by clubbing baby seals? How do you know what he is thinking? SO much of what you argue is pure assumption, you assume this because of the things you read in the bible. What if he is not what you think? You hear this voice of God, but how do you know its his voice? For all you know, its Satan talking to you and not God. Remember, in the bible it says that he can appear as an angel of light.

Orgasms are great to. You should try it sometime.

So you love talking about god, but your relationship is flawed. From what I've seen, your "knowledge of God" is 30% Bible and 70% assumption. You assume he loves you, but in the bible god has the capacity to hate, how do you know he doesn't hate you? Because "the voice" says so? How do you know its not just some demon? Think, when did this voice start? What did it start out saying? Did it progress to what you think "god" is like the more you learned about him?

I like swiss cheese, but even your argument is to Holy (see what I did thar) for me.

Girlie, just face it, no one is in control, the universe just runs amok, the way it always has, the way it always will. all things DO NOT work together for good for them that love god. when i was your age, no one could have convinced me there was notgod. but sometimes too much happens and you just cannot believe any more.

Just roll with it, sometimes this is the most action this forum gets.

If I wanted to be in a relationship TRUST me I would have no problem finding someone

.... you certainly rather have a problem with your own vanity too! (Let alone all the "Mes" and "I's" that have resounded throughout all your threads - which others have already pointed out!

...so have you asked god for help with your vanity issue, or do you not need his advice on this?

.... STILL waiting on a reply on this!

Bye Realist, bye RecoveringFromChristianity, bye Ancey....Im sure you will be back eventually and if I am not banned, I will probably still be here :)

... Oh for sure .... I am sure you will be long banned before I am out of here!

Hmmm....I dont really know WHY HE would bless me and not someone else..or bless ALL the children of the world. I really dont have an answer for that.

ETA: If you really want to know the answer....I suggest asking God yourself..He might tell you :)

So does this mean that you haven't asked God, or does it mean that you have asked but never got an answer?

ReconveringFromChristianity,

I was born in a country where Christianity was not the norm. I was not born in the USA. I was not even raised a Christian..so the fact that I am is a miracle in and of itself and from God of course. I heard His voice when people around me did not know Him. No one told me about Him. If I was born in a Muslim country I might still become a Christian. You never know. God can do anything. Some do swtich from Islam to Christianity. It happens. Just like it happened to me (in a slightly different way of course).

... so one CAN assume from this wishy answer you WERE born into a Western or Christian country of some degree!

Probably Europe- or Australia, that is still rife with religion, even if in just architecture or some television program, even if her family personally wasn't. How hard would it have been for a teacher or nanny to tell her about God, and that a God talks in her head and such? When I found out I could have imaginary friends, suddenly I had a dozen imaginary friends (and they were all Tenchi Muyo characters or my cousins...)

... yes, there is a dishonesty about this person that has come through right from their first post!!! It is still showing!!

... it sits there logged in "anonymously" all the time ready to pounce and answer any easy question!

As soon as it gets a toughie it lies low! I am getting rather tired of this "cat and mouse" crap! I am out of here for a while!

.... amazing how quickly she signed out for 30 minutes when this was pointed out! Like a started rabbit in car headlights when someone pointed out she was "hiding" on this site ... only waiting to answer questions she either felt like or was capable of answering! (and ignoring the rest!) typical fundie .... pick and choose!

Justyna, and anyone else, I started a thread in the Lions Den to try and refocus discussion. I like to start with how certainty in the Christian God (or any God) is achieved. If people prefer to stay here thats cool too :).

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/40761-determining-the-one-true-god/page__pid__597490#entry597490

Humans get boring really fast... We humans have a max limit we reach with everything..

... I sure think you need some counselling! What a horrible thing to say! I HOPE you never end up in a relationship with feelings like that!

Why it is so hard to accept that I believe in God? I remember hearing Gods voice at 3 and 4 years old. I remember seeing His figure in my room one night. Now I know you guys will say that I was just a child and I had an "imginary" friend, but I assure you this was not the case. It was God. I dont really remember what my parents voice sounded like when I was 3 and 4, but I sure remember Gods voice very well.

Don't you know, seeing God means death?

Justyna, and anyone else, I started a thread in the Lions Den to try and refocus discussion. I like to start with how certainty in the Christian God (or any God) is achieved. If people prefer to stay here thats cool too :).

http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/topic/40761-determining-the-one-true-god/page__pid__597490#entry597490

... that's where I wish this would go! Then we could REALLY get nasty!! I like seeing shredded fundies!