Goodbye Jesus

Who knows God

Guest acorn

Who are you man, do i know you, people comment and i reply after bruces comment so back off buddy, unless you want to reply to the topic!this isnt a personal reply center for your insecurities, so comment or stay out!

ps read my beliefs-----god bless

Such nice christian behavior.....typical....*sigh*

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vixentrox

• quicksand

• Japedo

• chefranden

Goofball's post reminds me of a trailer for a piss poor zombie flick...

sheeze...

"Loads more hi-cap mags"

n

Acorn,

Mathew just offered some points of real substance for you to try to answer. You are capable of your own thoughts, aren't you? BTW, don't delude yourself into thinking that by quoting bible versus, it somehow releases the power of God to convince our spirits - that we're not arguing with you, but it's with the word of God!!! (I've known plenty of other religious "acorns" like you in my past life)

Just for your reference, the early Christian church fathers didn't answer people by blindly quoting scripture. They actually tried to engage in debate, answering specific charges with their own thoughts. It's not a sin to have reason of your own, unless you want it to be so you can sneak out under some sort of excuse for not having much to offer in that way.

Enthrall us with your own acumen.

:Hmm:

Thats the whole point of everything in the Bible, Khan. Have you read it ?

Rev 15:4

4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

(KJV)

You must be smoking pot to think that the Bible is a valid proof of anything. In case if you haven't noticed, many people here read the entire bible and concluded it couldn't be true.

You must be smoking pot to think that the Bible is a valid proof of anything. In case if you haven't noticed, many people here read the entire bible and concluded it couldn't be true.

I've always found more convincing evidence for the life and times of the God-Emperor of Dune more true then Jesus.

But hey, that's just me.

The anti-christ is coming, the tribulation is upon us.  The earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamies, sickness and pestulance are going to wipe us out. The dead are going to rise  from the grave. We're all going to hell because we have forsaken almighty God and we're going to take the Beast's mark.  But there is one good thing.......

I just saved alot of money on my car insurance  by switching to Geico!

:funny:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Merlin

Acorn, can you tell me what makes your God worth knowing more then any other God or Goddess I might wish to exchange personal pleasantries with? I mean, I heard that Vishnu is a pretty cool dude. And Eostre makes a killing lapin stew. Why shouldn't I know them more than I know boring old Jehovah?

Who are you talking to? What exactly are you saying?

:twitch:

It was talking to me. Note I said it. And all I did was repeat what others have said, albeit a little more concisely. And it has the nerve to tell me to 'back off', when I did the same as everyone else!

And by the way, acorn, I used to be a Christian. I know all about your misguided beliefs. I should be the one telling you to back off.

:loser:

OK. a simple name included somewhere within the post would have solved that problem.

The other thing is trying to make sense of what acorn is trying to say...

Your witless attempts to terrify people into adopting your faith might work on lesser intellects Acorn; to me and most other members of this forum they simply function as evidence of the psychological perversity at the heart of your wretched excuse for a religion. You and those like you feel so threatened by any ideology that presents an alternate perspective on reality than the one by which you define yourself, the lengths you are willing to go to in order to reinforce the delusions by which you have come to define yourselves never ceases to amaze and repulse me. Thanks for reinforcing my atheism, BTW.

Guest acorn
You and those like you feel so threatened by any ideology that presents an alternate perspective on reality than the one by which you define yourself, the lengths you are willing to go to in order to reinforce the delusions by which you have come to define yourselves never ceases to amaze and repulse me.

A healthy fear of God is the only "treat" that I have have. Im not any type theologist or anything like that just a simple guy that has learned the bible in about 5 mths. Before that I knew that genesis was the first book and thats about it. No, not threatened by anything of this world. Yes, I have a healthy fear of God, as every true Christian should, if not then we would all be unbelievers and do what ever we wanted

Guest acorn
Again with the bible verses. Can you at least respond to what others are saying to you? Can you reply to specific question?

This is what I asked you.

Firstly, do you know that it has been the Last Days for 2000 years now. How much longer do you, as a Christian, believe it will be the last days?

Secondly, are you implying that God's power is limited? He cannot show himself if he does not know someone? Doesn't he know everyone?

You like quoting the bible. What do you have to say about Luke 21:32 ?

I have read the bible, all the way through. I know what it says. So does everyone else here. This is EXChristian.net. It is not NEVERWASChristian.net. Get it?

Yes, I know why you think this, but I also know why this idea is invalid.

No, Gods hand is not short of anything, but people is what I was referring to that shut off any kind of door that is open.

Yes, have you ever heard of the 10.40 window?

Luke 21:32

32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be

(KJV)

A healthy fear of God is the only "treat" that I have have. Im not any type theologist or anything like that just a simple guy that has learned the bible in about 5 mths. Before that I knew that genesis was the first book and thats about it. No, not threatened by anything of this world. Yes, I have a healthy fear of God, as every true Christian should, if not then we would all be unbelievers and do what ever we wanted

Why fear? Why is fear necessary? I love my folks and my brother, but I don't fear them. They are not lions and tigers and bears oh my, similar neither is your God in the skies.

So, again why do we need to fear? Or is fear a way of saying respect to you?

Its been pointed out many times, countless times on this board, that Saddam Hussein and Stalin were feared, do you respect them as well?

Or is it just "god?' b/c some book (a collection of books that i) attests to the awesome power of this god, this sky demon of yours and now your obligated too.

Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Guest acorn
No, of course it doesn't mean it's correct, but I have no reason to think otherwise, considering anyone who's presented biblical or theological arguments have failed.

Your question is a false dichotomy:

I have always been an atheist.

Simple answer for you on this one. If we dont believe in something or just mock it then we as humans dont accept it. So, in your mind, none of this even matters. So, my question is why comment, or for that matter why even read my foolishness, if you have no gods or doctrine. Well, i can tell you why, because your negative feedback is your fuel that you need in an empty soul to keep goin on. maybe thatsa why people think badly about these things, because God gives me strength to talk with you, then 5 min later talk with Christian chatters, or whatever. I dont need any fuel, my fuel is filled every day without mocking, or trying to have a bigger intellect than every one else. Heres what i say, go ahead and be smart, and Ill be faithful to God. Knowledge is what we know , but wisdom is how we apply that knowledge.

Guest acorn
Uh, you do realize that in the Greek the phrase "this generation" referred to those living contemporaneously with Jesus, right? It cannot apply to our generation or any generation preceding ours that is later than the 1st century. Just to make sure that we're on the same page here. Can I get you to explain why Jesus seems to do a 180 on the question of signs? Why does he say that no sign will be given in Mark and then makes an exception in Matthew as far as the Sign of Jonah goes? And to complicate matters, Jesus says that in the Olivet Discourse that the whole world will see the sign of the Son of Man and that all the signs will be given to his generation. The same Greek phrase is used in the Olivet Discourse. To make matters worse, when on trial, Jesus says that the High Priest and everyone present will see the Son of Man sitting on his throne.

So let me ask you something- does Jesus say that no sign will be given? Or just the sign of Jonah? Or the sign of the Son of Man?

Matthew

You seem to have good knowledge of the bible and its sayings, concerning Jesus. So, yes Jesus said alot, but He said alot to the people of that generation and to the people of this generation. Jesus was the Son of God, so he knew your name already and He was sent here for all mankind, even us today. Knowing the word so well, you should know when some of the disciples questoned Him and even fled from Him. He spoke more unclear to them really than to us, but He spoke for every person that will ever live . He also gave different sign statements at different types of questions, the answer regarding jonah was to the pharisees at that time the remarks of the signs later were to the disciples when they questioned "what will it be like" what will we see" etc.. He said those things in accordance to revelations. My question to you is , knowing all you know about the bible, do you believe Jesus was just being a biggamist when he said I AM or was He really the Son of God?

Flip flop little flounder, all the way into the frying pan....

Guest acorn
Why fear? Why is fear necessary? I love my folks and my brother, but I don't fear them. They are not lions and tigers and bears oh my, similar neither is your God in the skies.

So, again why do we need to fear? Or is fear a way of saying respect to you?

Its been pointed out many times, countless times on this board, that Saddam Hussein and Stalin were feared, do you respect them as well?

Or is it just "god?' b/c some book (a collection of books that i) attests to the awesome power of this god, this sky demon of yours and now your obligated too.

Ridiculous. Ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Do you fear being homeless, not paying the bills, losing your family. If you say no then really your not being truthful, we dont work just to be happy and pay the bills, we work because we fear we might not have the things we want, pay the bills . ..Fear is everywhere its what keeps us in tune. Why dont you go out and do whatever you want, rob a store, murder, beat people up in the street whatever, because you fear to go to jail. fear is a esential to being in tune to God, I would say that to a believer that is happy go lucky too. It drives discpline and isnt that the whole point of the children of israel?

Guest acorn
Acorn, can you tell me what makes your God worth knowing more then any other God or Goddess I might wish to exchange personal pleasantries with?  I mean, I heard that Vishnu is a pretty cool dude.  And Eostre makes a killing lapin stew.  Why shouldn't I know them more than I know boring old Jehovah?

To answer this question I must tell you that I dont even know who these poeple are but I do have an answer, Have any of the other Gods in any religion, Rose from the dead, or claimed to have rose from the dead

Do you fear being homeless, not paying the bills, losing your family. If you say no then really your not being truthful, we dont work just to be happy and pay the bills, we work because we fear we might not have the things we want, pay the bills . ..Fear is everywhere its what keeps us in tune. Why dont you go out and do whatever you want, rob a store, murder, beat people up in the street whatever, because you fear to go to jail. fear is a esential to being in tune to God, I would say that to a believer that is happy go lucky too. It drives discpline and isnt that the whole point of the children of israel?

Fear of the known is one thing, fear of something that can not be known is another.

You set a False Dilemma in other words. The things you list are things that must be dealt with in order to survive in a natural world and in a complex society in an industrialized world that you and I share, Acorn.

Fear is everywhere its what keeps us in tune. Why dont you go out and do whatever you want, rob a store, murder, beat people up in the street whatever, because you fear to go to jail.

I don't do things because I can look to myself as evident enough that I do not want those things done to me pal. But since your fear rests upon the authority of something else, you must obey that authority at all times.

You said it yourself "fear is a essential to being in tune to God." and then you state that "It drives discpline and isnt that the whole point of the children of israel? "

Here's a nice little list of atrocities that were committed by the Israelites because of this authority you so respect.

<snip>

LE 27:29 Human sacrifice is condoned. (Note: An example is given in JG 11:30-39)

NU 11:33 The Lord smites the people with a great plague.

NU 12:1-10 God makes Miriam a leper for seven days because she and Aaron had spoken against Moses.

NU 15:32-36 A Sabbath breaker (who had gathered sticks for a fire) is stoned to death at the Lord's command.

NU 16:27-33 The Lord causes the earth to open and swallow up the men and their households (including wives and children) because the men had been rebellious.

NU 16:35 A fire from the Lord consumes 250 men.

NU 16:49 A plague from the Lord kills 14,700 people.

NU 21:6 Fiery serpents, sent by the Lord, kill many Israelites.

NU 21:35 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay Og "... and his sons and all his people, until there was not one survivor left ...."

NU 25:4 (KJV) "And the Lord said unto Moses, take all the heads of the people, and hang them up before the Lord against the sun ...."

NU 25:9 24,000 people die in a plague from the Lord.

NU 31:17-18 Moses, following the Lord's command, orders the Israelites to kill all the Midianite male children and "... every woman who has known man ...." (Note: How would it be determined which women had known men? One can only speculate.)

NU 31:31-40 32,000 virgins are taken by the Israelites as booty. Thirty-two are set aside (to be sacrificed?) as a tribute for the Lord.

DT 2:33-34 The Israelites utterly destroy the men, women, and children of Sihon.

DT 7:2 The Lord commands the Israelites to "utterly destroy" and shown "no mercy" to those whom he gives them for defeat.

I reject this type of authority you so admittely approve of.

To answer this question I must tell you that I dont even know who these poeple are but I do have an answer, Have any of the other Gods in any religion, Rose from the dead, or claimed to have rose from the dead

*snerk*''

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao::lmao:

someone please get the pagan christs in here before I die laughing.

OSIRIS for one.

Yes, I have a healthy fear of God, as every true Christian should, if not then we would all be unbelievers and do what ever we wanted

This has got to be on of the most ridiculous statements that xtians make. I've read the entire bible and found it disgusting as to "morals". Biblegod has got to be the most immoral being I have ever read about. My standards of "morals" are much higher than those in the bible. I may detest the bible, but I am a loving conscious being who experiences love every day of my life. I am gainfully employed by the U.S. Government. I have never comitted a crime. I have never "cheated on my lover". I am a good coworker, friend, family member. I love my friends and family. Sure, I can do anything I want. And I do. But I do act "civilized". I don't steal, lie, cheat, kill, litter, hurt, decieve, oppress. I'm not greedy. Another thing I don't do is worship a god who asks their folowers to kill their children, or make their followers suffer to appease "Satan". I don't worship a god who condones slavery(one of the EVIL institutions ever created by man), or a god who orders the killing of women and children. I could go on and on here but I'll leave it at that. And have you noticed that most of the people in the world are not xtian but they all seem to have the same basic morals. I am sick and tired of xtians claiming to have the corner on "morals" and thinking that without xtianity society would cease to function. Common human morals along with reason, knowlege and intellect are necesary for the survival of the human race and have been here as long as we humans have. The bible on the other hand requires all of this to be thrown out in order to worship biblegod. So, if you think you xtians have the corner on "morals", you can go f%ck yourself. :nono:

Uh...yeah...many of them that pre-date Christianity. Not too knowledgeable on religous histories are you?