Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for atheists - preach the word!

daniel_1012

You'll have to find some weaklings or confused befuddlers to listen to what you have to say.  Most of us have found a strength within ourselves that your fear and stupidity cannot penetrate.

Enjoy your silly little high.

I won't be joining you.

Damn! :ugh:

I don't know if it was Emeril, or if I really did hear a :vent:'BAM!' :vent: after I read your post, Mythra. :twitch:

I feel sorry for the guy in the pic. (the one before you changed it to a cartoon)

But the connection you made was

(as Neil likes to say :HaHa: )

AWESOME!!

:woohoo:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Mr. Neil

• crazy-tiger

• Asuryan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a little secret, Dan... It's impossible to obey.
LOL! You are correct according to scriptures fwee.

Romans 3:23

If that were the only verse in that book that proves my point, then Danny might have some wiggling room. However, that isn't the case. There are enough verses in there to prove my point so as to make ANYONE a liar when they state that they know God and that God talks to them. Anyone! (yeah, Danny, this includes you too)

I changed the pic on ya. The first one was a bmp? file. It didn't come out right.

I am proud, and I am arrogant with pride in my God, that is certain.  Arrogance in self is the crime, and this is where we are rebuked.  Confidence in the legitimacy of His faithfulness is not wrong, and don't confuse my zeal for that with zeal for my own.  Arrogance (overly confident) in God is no crime at all.  I'm 100% possitive that His word is true when He says He is coming in flaming fire to judge them that know not God and obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ -- you make me evil for telling you this... and you have not known the mind of Christ.  You can, but you have not because you openly deny Him.  So, I openly profess him.  Being gentle, I tell you that I will not move, but I will not harm you.  I simply stand firm for God.  I give it to you, and I need not worry that what I say is for my own benefit... God knows.  I am full of pride in my God.

104479[/snapback]

Daniel (and I am being serious here..)

WHY should we believe you? WHY? Give us one real reason why we should believe a word that you have to say.

And, if you decide to actually answer this, keep in mind that some of us were christians longer than you have been alive.

...are you saying I can call whoever I want "fool" as long as they aren't Christian?

(digs through scripture to see if nonChristians can call Christians fool... nope, not there)

It isn't clear that "brother" refers only to fellow Christians, you fool.

104496[/snapback]

Why are you calling SerenityNow a fool? Are you guys fighting?

Jesus said

"Brother" refers to fellow Christians...not unbelievers.  You'll do the scripture twist in order to keep on justifying your insults, how pathetic.

104388[/snapback]

You certainly aren't calling me a fool for what you feel is an error in scripture, since I'm not the one claming that is clearly so. Why are you telling me I can't believe something I have not said I believe?

Daniel, I hope one day you deconvert just so you realize how much of a raving dick you are.

104497[/snapback]

Ditto.

I hope you will see the error of your ways.

Satin will save you and I'm none the wiser if he is real.

I surely forgive you for your heartlessness and I wil pretend to worship your God and I will really blaspheme your God as well as Satin.

Both of them is not real.

Thank and Glory be to Unreal Satin!

Daniel, I hope one day you deconvert just so you realize how much of a raving dick you are.
Ditto.
Well I'll be God damned! (cuz, after all, I am, right?) What is this, the second time now that we've come to an agreement on something? :HaHa:

I hope you will see the error of your ways.

Satin will save you and I'm none the wiser if he is real.

I surely forgive you for your heartlessness and I wil pretend to worship your God and I will really blaspheme your God as well as Satin.

Both of them is not real.

Thank and Glory be to Unreal Satin!

104683[/snapback]

Hey... why do you blaspheme satin? I know satin is real, and I've seen satin with my own eyes. I know satin is real, and you can buy satin at Wal-mart.

BTW, Daniel, Satin is my nick name for Satan. That's right, I'm friends with the Old Nick.

:HaHa:

I know satin is real, and I've seen satin with my own eyes.  I know satin is real, and you can buy satin at Wal-mart.
Why oh why then, do you not use this same standard when determining the reality of everything else? :shrug:

:ugh:

The existence of satin is something that everybody can agree on! :woohoo:

Actually, in fact, satin is my one of my favourite fabrics. It feel sooooo goood. Which your God doesn't have.

Why oh why then, do you not use this same standard when determining the reality of everything else?  :shrug:
Because physical verification doesn't work for non-physical beings. Since God and Christ are "real", though, that means that they require a different sort of standard for verification.

I mean... uh... oops! :Doh: That's circular, isn't it?

The existence of satin is something that everybody can agree on!  :woohoo:
You know, if we really wanted to be a bunch of assholes, we could ask him how he knows that satin exists. The five senses can be fooled, afterall.

Why oh why then, do you not use this same standard when determining the reality of everything else?  :shrug:
Because physical verification doesn't work for non-physical beings. Since God and Christ are "real", though, that means that they require a different sort of standard for verification.

I mean... uh... oops! :Doh: That's circular, isn't it?

Man! You're just a regular Mr. Pointy Pointerson tonight aren't you? :HaHa:

The existence of satin is something that everybody can agree on!  :woohoo:
You know, if we really wanted to be a bunch of assholes, we could ask him how he knows that satin exists. The five senses can be fooled, afterall.
Yeah, then, once we've established that the fabric does indeed exist, we'd end up getting into the whole "How do you know it is satin?" and "We can not truly know that it is satin because the bible doesn't tell us so!"

We'd have a complete mess, Neil.

Perhaps we should just leave this one alone for now, huh? :shrug:

Man! You're just a regular Mr. Pointy Pointerson tonight aren't you?  :HaHa:
Just as long as the Pointer Sisters don't show up.

Debating over my friend, aren't you?

I'm worshipping a imaginarily smooth fabric and I refuse to see the Superior Smoothness of Klazon.

Of course, I'm a atheist.

Man! You're just a regular Mr. Pointy Pointerson tonight aren't you?  :HaHa:
Just as long as the Pointer Sisters don't show up.
Well, if it's any consolation, sometimes I'm so excited, that I just can't hide it. I even get to the point where I'm about to lose control, and you know what?

I think I like it. :wicked:

:HaHa:

What is love?  What is peace?  What is goodness, faithfulness, gentleness... self-control...?  It is easy to list these things and tell a person they are not (according to your Christ rejecting mindset)... but what are you compairing that too?  Are you going to instruct me in love, and in faithfulness?  But you do not have the mind of Christ.  How will you instruct me?  For who has known the mind of God, that I would go to someone who hates God, for spiritual advice?

So enlighten me in what all these things are? Reflecting back on myself as a xian I was, in many ways, an arrogant jerk-off...like you. I had *truth* on my side and anyone who couldn't see it was willfully ignorant. They knew the Truth and rejected it so they could continue their degenerate god-less life. Little did I know that these god-less people were actually *exactly* the same as xians with a little less baggage to drag around. Compare bumper stickers: "Shit happens" to "God makes shit happen" or maybe "God allows shit to happen." Which makes more sense? If you answered the first one you get a brownie point.

So look around and open your eyes. Discover the *real* world where human emotions and traits come from...are you ready? Humans! To wait for "god" to "give" you these things is to live without them. I used to think holding onto a belief (any belief) made me a better person. I thought that finding "truth" and hanging onto it made me consistant and reliable. Others, who changed their minds about things, were just "wishy-washy" and if they could just realize the "truth" then they'd be better off (like me). Little did I realize that modifying your position, when faced with information that challenges your previous position, is a much better way to live. It allows you to integrate the newest information into your world view as well as hanging on to the tried and true. I'm sure you do this in other aspects of your life...just not religion which is a pity.

Oh, and it's impossible to "know the mind of god" so knock that shit off. :nono:

I am proud, and I am arrogant with pride in my God, that is certain.  Arrogance in self is the crime, and this is where we are rebuked.  Confidence in the legitimacy of His faithfulness is not wrong, and don't confuse my zeal for that with zeal for my own.  Arrogance (overly confident) in God is no crime at all.  I'm 100% possitive that His word is true when He says He is coming in flaming fire to judge them that know not God and obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ -- you make me evil for telling you this... and you have not known the mind of Christ.  You can, but you have not because you openly deny Him.  So, I openly profess him.  Being gentle, I tell you that I will not move, but I will not harm you.  I simply stand firm for God.  I give it to you, and I need not worry that what I say is for my own benefit... God knows.  I am full of pride in my God.

I have an equal amount of "confidence" that your "god" is a load of crap. Does that "bring balance back to the Force" and eliminate him? Now I have more confidence that you so I can simple declare your "god" to be imaginary. This is fun. Now I have infinity plus one more confidence than you so anything I say goes. Nyah, nyah.

Oh shit, I forgot, I'm an athiest in your book. I never "knew" bible god at all. I wish I would have realized this all those years that I wasted thinking that I was a xian. I guess the spirit didn't want me to be aware that it didn't really exist and so sent me a deception so that I believed the myth hook, line and sinker.

Since you also brought up hell fire (okay...judgement but we all know where that leads) you sound pretty cocky that you're not getting a taste. To say "God knows" is a huge assumption on your part that *you* know what "god" thinks. "God" might be thinking old Daniel's gonna burn. "God" might be thinking that he's simply going to let us all off the hook. "God" might be thinking "Who the hell's this bible-god and why do people keep comparing me to that ass-hat?" Don't speak for "god" unless you mean the bible (the unverified "word of god"). As the song says "Jesus loves me this I know for the bible tells me so." Too bad old jesus never takes the time to tell anyone himself.

mwc

What is love?  What is peace?  What is goodness, faithfulness, gentleness... self-control...?  It is easy to list these things and tell a person they are not (according to your Christ rejecting mindset)... but what are you compairing that too?  Are you going to instruct me in love, and in faithfulness?

104479[/snapback]

Well, hmmm Daniel, I've known my grandparents for almost 36 years now. They are Baptist and the epitomy of love, patience and kindness, etc.. They have been in constant pain for over 30 years; rheumatiod arthrititus, blackouts, etc. plague my grandmother and a slip disc has put my grandfather in excruciating pain for those 30 years. Everyday, they wake up and thank the Lord and say how good god is and how he has a reason for not healing them. Each day, they have a smile on their faces and they don't complain. And though they can't make it to church they send, out of their low SSI income, tithe 10%. They also don't treat people who are not of the faith like shit and say bad things. Their motto is "If you have nothing nice to say about someone then you shouldn't say it at all." But you know what Daniel? I know people just like them who aren't believers. There are good, loving, kind, unselfish people in all walks of life. ONLY hardcore Christians are deluded into the FALSEHOOD that it is impossible, outside of their little world, to be good, kind, patient and loving.

I'd say, I know what all of those things are despite disbelief and that there are numerous people outside of the faith that do so many wonderful things, should give you clue to something.

104732[/snapback]

It should give me a clue to something... and that is that none of it has benefited you any, because here you are, rejecting Christ.

We are all part of the body, and I'm sure your grandparents are wonderful people who love the Lord, from what you described thus far.

You can't save those that don't want to be saved, no matter what your method.

Oddly, I was always under the impression the saving was done by Christ, not by those who sow or reap.

You think you believe that God is not real, but you come here because you know He is real, and you furiously heap up proof, which should be meaningless, that in this spec of life you would be proved right for no reason and without any reward--but you continue on, saying that nothing awaits you,

Hmm

God = Confusing

Nothingness = Straight foward

rather believe in nothing then believe in a god who cant make up his own frigging mind... :/ O.o

Are you implying that God can't do something? God can't save those who don't want to be saved? Wouldn't that negate the whole point of a sacrifice in the first place?

Are you implying that God can't do something? God can't save those who don't want to be saved? Wouldn't that negate the whole point of a sacrifice in the first place?

106338[/snapback]

So much for an all-powerful God...

Oddly, I was always under the impression the saving was done by Christ, not by those who sow or reap.

106317[/snapback]

Correct... and like I said... *you can't save those who don't want to be saved, no matter what your method.*

Hense, it isn't the method that saves a man.

106317[/snapback]

Correct... and like I said... *you can't save those who don't want to be saved, no matter what your method.*

Hense, it isn't the method that saves a man.

106416[/snapback]

As I said, so much for an All-Powerful God...