Goodbye Jesus

Challenge for atheists - preach the word!

daniel_1012

Third time, dude

Hey Daniel,

Here are Jesus' own words:

Mark 16:17-18

17And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

So until you chug a bottle of Drano and live, don't expect me to listen to anything you say.

Dan

101598[/snapback]

102248[/snapback]

Shit - he hasn't been here for about 24 hours. Maybe he already tried it.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• daniel_1012

• Mr. Neil

• crazy-tiger

• Asuryan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit - he hasn't been here for about 24 hours. Maybe he already tried it.

I hope not, that would be the epitome of stupidity. As a Christian, I would have been too afraid of hell to try something like that. As a rational person, I realize the stupidity of throwing your life away when you only have one to live (as far as we know).

Christians only want to heal with prayer, Athiests have invented medicens.

One point to make: The first polio vaccine was made by a Jew. So I'm sure other medicines have been made by religious people, simply by the sheer fact that they outnumber us. But otherwise, good rant.

perhaps he had a little too much chemical modification to his brain when he was younger.  He relates a few unique experiences to us.

Whatever you do, don't ask him if he's ever seen anyone walk on water.

102136[/snapback]

Ok, now you have to explain to me *how* do I keep myself from asking him if he's ever seen anyone walk on water, now that you've told me that I shouldn't. :HaHa:

Or maybe I could just do a Search for "walk on water"? :grin:

One point to make:  The first polio vaccine was made by a Jew.  So I'm sure other medicines have been made by religious people, simply by the sheer fact that they outnumber us.  But otherwise, good rant.

102338[/snapback]

Plus, in the middle ages, when the christian doctors went around and pretended to cure everything with a cut on the arm to draw blood and let demons out of the body, the only ones knowing a thing about the ancient herbal remedies and the healing properties of flowers, herbs, shrubs and tree bark, were the pagan herbalists and medicine women - the ones that everyone else kept calling witches because they were able to cure people with their ancient knowledge and helped other women during childbirth.

:(

Jesus death cultists... haven't changed in the 2,000 years.

They endlessly babble nonsense and run away whenever faced with logical thinking, but don't you let yourselves be deceived by them - they just wait for your turning around and walking away, to stab you from behind.

Let's see... the seeress told about a hall of horror that Hel reserved on dark disgusting Nastrond for the liar, murderers and those who mess around with other people's spouses. Dannyboy already has shown himself to be a pathological liar. If he subscribes to the death cult then he will someday be ready to cowardly kill others (because he won't be able to stand the fact that his lies don't make an impression on those who still think), in good christian tradition.

And considering that the wholly babble tells the believers to treat their women like cattle, how likely is it that he'll eventually mess with another one's lady? :scratch:

I guess I'll soon see Dannyboy down there, whimpering and whining, begging Hel on his knees to please let him go...

"What did I do to deserve this?!"

"Well, coward, you lied, behaved like a stinking bastard... and considering that you don't understand what's wrong with that, you are also guilty of idiocy"

And the Einherjers will laugh... :fdevil:

You say a Christian wastes their time here, but even if there were 991 gods to choose from, choosing only 1 still makes a person infinitely better off than someone who chooses none.

We have reason. We have no evidence for gods. We know that faith does not serve us in ordinary life.

Reason tells us that if there were a god, he either doesn't care whether we believe in him, or he actually wants us to be atheists/agnostics.

Choosing god thus violates the nature of god that we can ascertain through the tools we have.

If there is an afterlife, it will be filled only with interesting freethinkers, not mindless religious drones who god clearly has no interest in.

The path is narrow Daniel, choose wisely.

Daniel, my dear friend...

Respectfully, do you think you know the ultimate Spiritual Truth? I am presenting this in a sincerely caring way. I, as many wonderfully genuine people here, are really making an effort to help each and every one of us see a different perspective or blind spot in our own life. You may think we all have blind spots, but don't you think you may have one too?

Further, I thought the basic tennants of Christ's teachings were to be

1) humble- no one is better or less than any other

2) meek- have strength under a gentle nature

3) servant's disposition- lead by being a servant to others

I have simply made a post revealing the foolery of atheism... surely that will upset the atheistic mind, but Christ did no less.

101841[/snapback]

I thought the Bible says to never call anyone a fool. Mt 5:22 and 1Co 3:18

Please show me where Christ did this to an Atheist. The only time Christ got upset with anyone is to those of the religous right. It was because of their condescending manner and constant condemnation. He said they were like a bowl that was only clean on the outside. He called them vipers, meaning venom came out of their mouths instead of love. Show me where I'm wrong, and show me where the religous right is different today than the religous right of those times... please.

I am not Pug, and I am certainly not Amanda.

101841[/snapback]

I know you're certainly not like me. That's great. I like people who think differently. It makes life more interesting. I think the only aspects offensive to any group is intolerance and elitist positions, which are against these tennants of Christ's teachings. My only other suggestion to you is that if you'd interact instead of react, you may surprisingly come out wiser and closer to the real Christ, IMHO, FWIW.

I say this should be stickied, if only to be a sarcastic little bitch.

Respectfully, do you think you know the ultimate Spiritual Truth? [major snip]

104190[/snapback]

Amanda dear, we've been trying to point this out to Danny for weeks, but to no avail. He's that particular type of fundy that doesn't seem able (or willing) to acknowledge that their behavior is the opposite of the savior the profess. 'Judge not', 'turn the other cheek', etc. just goes in one ear and out the other.

The problem is, I think, it's so very easy to twist the scriptures around to suit your desires. For every point you made, I'm sure Danny will find a loophole (or as we xers call them, 'contradictions') to justify everything he wants to say or do.

Great try, tho - you nailed it right on the head! :Medal:

.......snipped..........

My only other suggestion to you is that if you'd interact instead of react, you may surprisingly come out wiser and closer to the real Christ, IMHO, FWIW.

104190[/snapback]

Amanda, will you PLEASE stop saying things that I'm forced to agree with? I'm getting confused.

:vent:

:wicked:

:woohoo:

:thanks:

Amanda,

Jesus said

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Raka, from the Greek, rhaka, rhak-ah' -- meaning, O empty one, i.e. thou worthless (as a term of utter vilification):--Raca.

First off... I have cause. The Bible says God is angry with the wicked everyday. Furthermore, I have never, on my entire time on this board, told anyone they were utterly worthless. In fact, the only reason I am here is because I know 'ex-Christians' and all people have potential value to God, if they would become His children. God so loved the world that...

Yes, I have slanderized world views, such that are atheistic. The atheistic world view is worthless, indeed. Hate the sin... not the sinner right? If I say that atheism is foolish, that's true. Just the same... if I said fornication, and lying are utterly foolish. Am I condemning someone without hope of recourse? A worldview such as atheism is foolish, just like I said. I'm quite sure Christ would agree, seeing as He is God and requires that we believe unto salvation the things He has done, by faith. Are you trying to say, that we are not to point out things that are foolish? Perhaps I will use another word, so that people don't misuse scripture they don't understand.

If, instead of saying atheism was "foolery," since people mistake that for calling someone fool, Raka... worthless -- I said instead it (atheism) was silly... without reason... wrong... would that be better? We have so many words in the english language, and when going back and forth between Bible, NT which was Greek, and our English... please don't accuse me of doing something I have not. The Pslamest wrote that the fool has said in his heart their is no God, and that is in the Bible we read. If I say that atheism is foolish, I mean it.

Jesus said

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

104385[/snapback]

"Brother" refers to fellow Christians...not unbelievers. You'll do the scripture twist in order to keep on justifying your insults, how pathetic.

104388[/snapback]

Actually, I almost pointed that out actually... one of the reason I underlined it. However, I chose not to bring that up... that being so, if that is your understanding, are you saying I can call whoever I want "fool" as long as they aren't Christian?

The Pslamest wrote that the fool has said in his heart their is no God, and that is in the Bible we read.  If I say that atheism is foolish, I mean it.

104385[/snapback]

Atheism isn't the belief that there is no god/s... just the lack of belief in the claims of the existence of god/s.

If that lack of belief is foolish, then YOU are foolish for not believing in Allah...

Yes, I have slanderized world views, such that are atheistic.  The atheistic world view is worthless, indeed.

Hmm... are you saying here that you have been saying things about Atheism that are false? Are you saying that you've been coming out with these false statements KNOWING that they were false?

Why, yes you are... (deliberate lies... what does your God say about that?)

Are you also CONTINUING to say these false statements knowing that they are false? Yes you are...

What kind of stupidity is it that you suffer from that results in you not only telling us that you've been lying in your posts, but also results in you repeating the EXACT SAME LIES in the very next sentance? :twitch:

Here is one thing I'd like to preach:

How would our world be different if there was no god?

Bad things happen to good people, good things happen to bad people, disasters kill the innocent, what exactly is god doing?

Thousands of devout believers pray for someone with, say, cancer, and they die anyway.

Someone losing their faith desperately prays for god to help them, but they end up an unbeliever anyway.

Again, what exactly is god doing? Does it(he?) have any power? Does it(he?) even exist?

Either there is no god, or it(he?) is totally uninvolved.

Dan

:grin: Hello Daniel!

Jesus said

Raka, from the Greek, rhaka, rhak-ah' -- meaning, O empty one, i.e. thou worthless (as a term of utter vilification):--Raca.

First off... I have cause.  The Bible says God is angry with the wicked everyday. 

104385[/snapback]

Daniel, I see a wonderful caring aspect about you, yet please consider that just because someone thinks differently than you... that is not just cause. And Daniel, I like you very much... yet the term "wicked" could be quite a controversial word. Surely you are not referring to anyone here being wicked?

Furthermore, I have never, on my entire time on this board, told anyone they were utterly worthless.  In fact, the only reason I am here is because I know 'ex-Christians' and all people have potential value to God, if they would become His children.  God so loved the world that...

104385[/snapback]

Daniel, my friend, this is a wonderful caring aspect I see in you! Yet, have you ever considered that the reason we are still allowed here, is because they care about us too?

Have you considered the implications when you call Atheism foolish when so many here base their foundations accordingly. Are they then utterly worthless? Atheist actually contribute a lot! Daniel, you are a great guy, yet sometimes we must give to receive. We often have to give respect to get respect.... isn't that fair?

Yes, I have slanderized world views, such that are atheistic.  The atheistic world view is worthless, indeed.  Hate the sin... not the sinner right? 

104385[/snapback]

I'm sure you're familiar with James 3. Please read it again. Remember, the most important aspects of Jesus's teachings are faith, hope, and love... the greatest being love.

Daniel, what is so ironic is that I see you want to reach out to people here because you care about them. Well, I suspect you don't really see this... but I do... that the people here are trying to reach out to you because they truly care about you!

This is a debating forum. I think many here get upset with you because you use scripture for your response, and they want you to just say it in your own words to see that/how you understand it. We just want to see the genuine you, thinking for yourself... that's all.

Anyway... I think you're a wonderful person Daniel. I hope we can all interact, grow, and become better people because of it. I feel there are things I can learn from you.

However, I chose not to bring that up... that being so, if that is your understanding, are you saying I can call whoever I want "fool" as long as they aren't Christian?

104393[/snapback]

No, I really don't care what you say or call me. However, no, I don't think that would be appropriate for you to call a person a fool, as a Christian because that is not loving, especially not the way you're doing it. You as a Christian are commanded to love....

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Also, being rude is not one of the fruits of the spirit that a True Christian is supposed to have present ...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control

Of course no one is perfect but your rudeness isn't just occassionally, it is several times a day. This site is causing you to stay hard-hearted and stubborn and full of pride....you should leave

However, I chose not to bring that up... that being so, if that is your understanding, are you saying I can call whoever I want "fool" as long as they aren't Christian?

104393[/snapback]

No, I really don't care what you say or call me. However, no, I don't think that would be appropriate for you to call a person a fool, as a Christian because that is not loving, especially not the way you're doing it. You as a Christian are commanded to love....

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Also, being rude is not one of the fruits of the spirit that a True Christian is supposed to have present ...

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control

Of course no one is perfect but your rudeness isn't just occassionally, it is several times a day. This site is causing you to stay hard-hearted and stubborn and full of pride....you should leave

104428[/snapback]

What is love? What is peace? What is goodness, faithfulness, gentleness... self-control...? It is easy to list these things and tell a person they are not (according to your Christ rejecting mindset)... but what are you compairing that too? Are you going to instruct me in love, and in faithfulness? But you do not have the mind of Christ. How will you instruct me? For who has known the mind of God, that I would go to someone who hates God, for spiritual advice?

I am proud, and I am arrogant with pride in my God, that is certain. Arrogance in self is the crime, and this is where we are rebuked. Confidence in the legitimacy of His faithfulness is not wrong, and don't confuse my zeal for that with zeal for my own. Arrogance (overly confident) in God is no crime at all. I'm 100% possitive that His word is true when He says He is coming in flaming fire to judge them that know not God and obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ -- you make me evil for telling you this... and you have not known the mind of Christ. You can, but you have not because you openly deny Him. So, I openly profess him. Being gentle, I tell you that I will not move, but I will not harm you. I simply stand firm for God. I give it to you, and I need not worry that what I say is for my own benefit... God knows. I am full of pride in my God.

...are you saying I can call whoever I want "fool" as long as they aren't Christian?

(digs through scripture to see if nonChristians can call Christians fool... nope, not there)

It isn't clear that "brother" refers only to fellow Christians, you fool.

Daniel, I hope one day you deconvert just so you realize how much of a raving dick you are.

I'm 100% possitive that His word is true when He says He is coming in flaming fire to judge them that know not God and obey not the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ
There you go again, Danny. How many times have I been on the verge of showing you that according to the bible, you do not obey the gospel. I think this is the third, maybe the fourth time. :Hmm:

You say that he speaks to you because you obey. You say that he only speaks to those who obey and that you are "100% possitive that His word is true" when, according to his word, you do not obey.

Here's a little secret, Dan... It's impossible to obey.

Since it's impossible to obey, then it isn't Him who is speaking to you.

I am proud, and I am arrogant with pride in my God, that is certain.  Arrogance in self is the crime, and this is where we are rebuked.

104479[/snapback]

Buddy, you're full of pride and arrogance for your BELIEF in your God, not in the pride of your God...

You are proud of your belief, arrogant in your belief... you're certainly not being humble and meek in your dealings with us, WHICH IS WHAT JESUS COMMANDED YOU TO BE! (assuming that Jesus existed)

You presume to judge us as not knowing Christ while your own words show that you do not know him yourself... Pharisee.

I am proud, and I am arrogant with pride in my God, that is certain.  Arrogance in self is the crime, and this is where we are rebuked. 

104479[/snapback]

No, you're just an idiot. A silly little Jesus Junkie. Trying to convince everyone else that they need to shoot up to share in your high.

Sorry, man. I've been clean and sober and God-free for over six months. I've never been so peaceful. So centered.

You'll have to find some weaklings or confused befuddlers to listen to what you have to say. Most of us have found a strength within ourselves that your fear and stupidity cannot penetrate.

Enjoy your silly little high.

post-389-1131598330_thumb.jpg

I won't be joining you.

Here's a little secret, Dan... It's impossible to obey.

LOL! You are correct according to scriptures fwee.

Romans 3:23