Goodbye Jesus

Why Are You Christians So Insincere With Your Hell Beliefs?

Not_Scarevangelist

I argue against atheistic propaganda and deliberate (in some cases) misunderstanding of the bible with the intent of demonizing the Christian God. If someone does not believe it and does not WANT to believe it then they should not misinterpret it and pretend that that is the right interpretation; or if they pretend it is the right interpretation in order to brainwash themselves out of accepting Christianity, they should not write it down and spread it around as fact.

Great. You tell me thumbelina how to misinterpret ALL of the following Bible verses. I'm not allowed to quote text from another website, so please do me the favor to just click the link yourself:

http://www.evilbible...dering_Children

Nobody needs to demonize the "Christian God". The bible does a good job at that.

That website is one of the atheist propagandists anti bible websites. I have learned not to take that ws and the others seriously. They have sight but NO insight. I'd better not be too harsh here, they tend to just debunk and not listen, that's what I mean.

I argue against atheistic propaganda and deliberate (in some cases) misunderstanding of the bible with the intent of demonizing the Christian God. If someone does not believe it and does not WANT to believe it then they should not misinterpret it and pretend that that is the right interpretation; or if they pretend it is the right interpretation in order to brainwash themselves out of accepting Christianity, they should not write it down and spread it around as fact.

Great. You tell me thumbelina how to misinterpret ALL of the following Bible verses. I'm not allowed to quote text from another website, so please do me the favor to just click the link yourself:

Nobody needs to demonize the "Christian God". The bible does a good job at that.

That website is one of the atheist propagandists anti bible websites. I have learned not to take that ws and the others seriously. They have sight but NO insight. I'd better not be too harsh here, they tend to just debunk and not listen, that's what I mean.

Well pick a few and tell me your interpretation.

The website I gave you is just literally quoting the bible, I don't see how that is an atheistic interpretation on the text?

For example:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"Must be put to death" and "must be purged from Isreal". can that be interpreted differently?

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Could someone go wrong here?

You tell me how that is a wrong interpretation on the text.

I'm also curious why God wants gays to die, and doesn't give his opinion on lesbians. It tells me it was written in a time that women were not considered important.. but that's just my 'atheistic interpretation'.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

Well pick a few and tell me your interpretation.

The website I gave you is just literally quoting the bible, I don't see how that is an atheistic interpretation on the text?

For example:

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

"Must be put to death" and "must be purged from Isreal". can that be interpreted differently?

Kill Homosexuals

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Could someone go wrong here?

You tell me how that is a wrong interpretation on the text.

I'm also curious why God wants gays to die, and doesn't give his opinion on lesbians. It tells me it was written in a time that women were not considered important.. but that's just my 'atheistic interpretation'.

Curious to hear your thoughts.

I know that some atheists debunk without listening from experience. Atheists are NOT spiritual so no matter what explanations they get, they will never be good enough for some of them because it does not agree with their pov.

I am not going into one of those circular discussions again but briefly, those commands were when Israel were under a Theocracy. God wanted to preseve the holy line so Jesus can be born and provide a way to save the world.

I am sure apologists gave such explanations already.

I know that some atheists debunk without listening from experience. Atheists are NOT spiritual so no matter what explanations they get, they will never be good enough for some of them because it does not agree with their pov.

I am not going into one of those circular discussions again but briefly, those commands were when Israel were under a Theocracy. God wanted to preseve the holy line so Jesus can be born and provide a way to save the world.

And you feel that is a satisfying answer?

You say the goal justify the means? So God was killing children, gays etc. to make room for Jesus to be born?

I don't understand what you're aiming at. I literally have trouble with these kind of texts. And I'm dead serious I don't understand how you match that with a loving God. To me this sounds like a cruel entity.

Why would I trust him at all? Even if he appears nicer in the New Testament, he's a hideous create according to the OT.. he could just change again.

And you feel that is a satisfying answer?

You say the goal justify the means? So God was killing children, gays etc. to make room for Jesus to be born?

I don't understand what you're aiming at. I literally have trouble with these kind of texts. And I'm dead serious I don't understand how you match that with a loving God. To me this sounds like a cruel entity.

Why would I trust him at all? Even if he appears nicer in the New Testament, he's a hideous create according to the OT.. he could just change again.

Plz answer this:

Why do soldiers who go AWOL get court marshalled?

I suppose because it's considered betrayal. For leaving you bring your fellow comrades into danger for you all have your own task.

So you can somehow compare this to why God killed children and homo's and doesn't judge lesbians?

Jesus has no paternal blood connection to the line of David.

Salvation was already provided for the world in Isa 56:1-8 and it has nothing to do with Jesus.

Salvation was already provided for the world in Isa 56:1-8 and it has nothing to do with Jesus.

You can't give your atheist view on it Centauri, that doesn't count :HappyCry:

I suppose because it's considered betrayal. For leaving you bring your fellow comrades into danger for you all have your own task.

So you can somehow compare this to why God killed children and homo's and doesn't judge lesbians?

It puts other soldiers in danger and can cause a war to be lost, right? The soldiers NEED to know that that is not acceptable.

It was the same with God, the people went AWOL on Him.

Some cases of AWOL can lead to the soldier being executed. How much worse was it for Israel to go AWOL after they made a covenant with a God whom they actually witnessed?

Some advice, quit reading those annoying websites and humble yourself and talk to God and He will lead you in the right direction.

There are apologist sites on the net that refutes those skeptics websites you know.

You can't give your atheist view on it Centauri, that doesn't count LeslieHappyCry.gif

Actually, Centauri is pretty good, he just needs Jesus to put some spittle and clay in his eyes that's all. :)

It puts other soldiers in danger and can cause a war to be lost, right? The soldiers NEED to know that that is not acceptable.

Some cases of AWOL can lead to the soldier being executed. How much worse was it for Israel to go AWOL after they made a covenant with a God whom they actually witnessed?

Some advice, quit reading those annoying websites and humble yourself and talk to God and He will lead you in the right direction.

There are apologist sites on the net that refutes those skeptics websites you know.

But that can't ever be a reason to murder children or gay people, right?

You can't give your atheist view on it Centauri, that doesn't count LeslieHappyCry.gif

Actually, Centauri is pretty good, he just needs Jesus to put some spittle and clay in his eyes that's all. smile.png

I was being sarcastic. Of course I support Centauri, he's great.

There were no paternity tests back then. A person may not know who their father is but they sure will know who the mother is. Mary was in David's lineage.

Actually, Centauri is pretty good, he just needs Jesus to put some spittle and clay in his eyes that's all. smile.png

I was being sarcastic. Of course I support Centauri, he's great.

I know, I was being sarcastic too but also serious, he needs some spittle and quick!

But that can't ever be a reason to murder children or gay people, right?

God had to judge the people back then and when you look at it you will see that those people were VERY rebellious and they would have influenced others if God was too lenient with them during that time in history. Would the gay people have died if they did not have sex? Also, they went with the pagans and indulged in orgies when they already made a covenant with God and promised they would not do those things.

Well.. God could have warned people.. I mean come on.. children.. at least let them grow up and allow them a chance to change.. murdering them sounds like a cruel way to do it. God is omnipotent right? I could have just make them drop dead; rather than all the pain and fear you have for being murdered

Well.. God could have warned people.. I mean come on.. children.. at least let them grow up and allow them a chance to change.. murdering them sounds like a cruel way to do it. God is omnipotent right? I could have just make them drop dead; rather than all the pain and fear you have for being murdered

They did get warning, they made the covenant by saying " All the Lord has said, we will do" and they were sprinkled with blood to seal the deal. It was uber rebellious children who actually had accountability, that were stoned but somehow, imo, I think that may have been rare. If they had pain and fear I doubt they would have rebelled. They were irrational.

I used to say the same thing, "God, why did you just not take back your breath of life from the people and let them die?"

Based on what I've ben learning, God allowed humans to kill each other in order to identify with Him. For Him, killing is a strange act. The redeemed would not want to see sin and killing again.

Ok, fair enough, why would God change his mind later?

Ok, fair enough, why would God change his mind later?

He did not change His mind, probation is extended because the holy line was established. Jesus came and because of Him there was a way for man to be saved. Also, the Jews were good at preserving the law but they went too far and forgot about good relationships.

derailing from main "discussion" to address a view specific points @thumbelina

I don't know who or what BAA is

Your alter ego?

Oh, was that supposed to hurt my feelings? You are calling me BAA?..Born Again Atheist...I am not BAA and that is NOT my alter ego...

I am very much a SEPARATE and very much NOT another person or entity but myself... but I suppose that it is MY REALITY that I HAVE BEEN BORN AGAIN in ways though I still do not "embrace" A THEISM...I probably am more of a BORN AGAIN PANTHEIST or AGNOSTIC.

Do YOU have an "alter ego""...YOU sound just like my EXabuser "christian" husband, who has used the "bible logic" to disrespect and attempt to control another person...and as I think about him, I don't care what you think either. Your "ways" are neither charming or provoking but PROOF OF YOUR IGNORANCE AND DENIAL.

I am sorry for your hurts. sad.png

Sorry, that fake sincerity doesn't move me...I clearly see the discrepancies between YOUR CLAIM AND FAITH and your behavior.

I am SORRY FOR YOU Thumbelina. IF you ever have the COURAGE to TRY to see yourself as you truly are, then you will have endured the hardest test that all "EX-chrisitians" have already faced...you haven't gotten to where WE are. We HAVE BEEN to where you are and we faced our true selves and ADMITTED that the RELIGION was really a MASK OF YOUR INSECURE and deeply DAMAGED CORE SELF. I feel pity on you.

• Like 1

Yes he did, he sent Jesus "at some point in time", right? He could have send Jesus to Paradise the moment they ate the forbidden fruit.

Yes he did, he sent Jesus "at some point in time", right? He could have send Jesus to Paradise the moment they ate the forbidden fruit.

God had to let sin ripen and let it become exceedingly sinful, for some reason just telling humans something does not work, they/we had to learn the hard way. God wants to create an aversion to sin in His children.

P.S. What do you mean sent Jesus to paradise?

I believe you are precious.

We have different beliefs and I do not want to quarrel. I really do wish you get emotional healing.

You did remind me of BAA, I actually do like him you know.

God had to let sin ripen and let it become exceedingly sinful, for some reason just telling humans something does not work, they/we had to learn the hard way. God wants to create an aversion to sin in His children.

Sounds like God could use some pedagogic training. I guess we humans are way superior to him. We are not so cruel in learning our children the message of love.

Sounds like God could use some pedagogic training. I guess we humans are way superior to him. We are not so cruel in learning our children the message of love.

Sin was a strange phenomenon. If it can be explained, it can be excused, there was no reason for the mystery of iniquity.

This is a poor analogy but ...

It's like a parent telling their 5 year old to not go outside without you or another trusted adult because there's a pedophile that's been hurting children in the area.

The child is somewhat precocious but still innocent so she decides that she wants to be independent and makes up lies and ends up outside and eventually in the hands of the pedophile. The child now has knowledge of something they should not have had knowledge of.

I say again, Eve wasn't a child.