Goodbye Jesus

Why Are You Christians So Insincere With Your Hell Beliefs?

Not_Scarevangelist

Where does God's law ban polygamy?

Did He make Adam and Eve, Jane, Mary, Rita ...?

In other words, you couldn't find any ban on polygamy in the law.

Deut 21:15 recognizes multiple wives but does not condemn or ban it.

It was practiced by Abraham, Moses, Gideon, David, and others.

God gave David multiple wives.

2 Sam 12:7-8

And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;

And I gave thee thy master's house, and thy master's wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.

Polygamy was also predicted as something that would occur in the future.

Isa 4:1

And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

This is from a Christian web site:

http://www.biblepolygamy.com/

"God does not condemn polygamy, never calls polygamy adultery, wickedness or a fleshly perversion. Polygamy was not abolished in the New Testament as is commonly assumed. Christians practiced polygamy for 300 years after the NT. As God's children we need to accept God's Word on this subject. Our Heavenly Father did not ask us to like His Word He expects us to believe it and He did not create the dislike for polygamy since He is a friend of, and loves polygamists.

Are all Christians against polygamy? No, man made religions teach monogamy only. Are there Bible verses, any Scriptures against polygamy? No, not one verse can be found which plainly condemns polygyny;"

I posted this to demonstrate how subjective Christian theology is.

Jesus said from the beginning God made male and female NOT male and females.

That doesn't make polygamy illegal or immoral.

Specifically, which set of believers follow the one true God?

Thumbelina-

Many people follow the one true God but many don't understand the specifics.

That's not surprising because the specifics are so inconsistent and contradictory.

Not even the Holy Spirit can lead them to all truth.

So God practices moral relativism.

Thumbelina-

No, we all deserve death but He leans on His compassionate and merciful nature to pardon us because Jesus paid the penalty that we deserve.

God's morals are subject to changes in the times.

Offenses to his law that once resulted in death are now declared perfectly acceptable.

That's a form of ethics based on situation, which is a relativist position.

In fact, the whole Christian scenario of Jesus (the human sacrifice for sin) atoning for sin is not validated by God's law.

After declaring how offensive human sacrifice is, God does a 180 degree turn and employs it.

That's another form of relativism.

• Like 1

That's not what the text says.

Haven't you learned yet? What the text says only matters when it says what she wants it to say. When it opposes her preconceived views, what it says no longer matters and it can be twisted and manipulated into something different. That's standard apologetics, my friend. wink.png

[Of course, I know you know that; I was just having a little fun with it....]

Yes, it's amazing to watch believers create a god according to their personal specifications and then they spend the rest of their lives admiring the handiwork.

They want all others to admire it as well.

And there are pink unicorns that crap pretty colored candies.

You just have to believe.

I believe, I believe.....I BELIEVE! Damn! Now there's a mess on my front lawn....but it's pretty!

2012 is coming and people make New Year's resolutions, so how 'bout you, Centauri et al put away all superfluity of naughtiness, huh? ;)

What is superfluity of naughtiness? Does that mean we have to use your world view? Does it mean we have to accept your world view as legitimate? Does it mean we cannot offer up examples that demonstrate that your world view is wrong?

• Like 1

I believe, I believe.....I BELIEVE! Damn! Now there's a mess on my front lawn....but it's pretty!

2012 is coming and people make New Year's resolutions, so how 'bout you, Centauri et al put away all superfluity of naughtiness, huh? wink.png

I don't have an abundance of wickedness. I do have an abundance of skepticism and baloney detection, and they are telling me you have a superfluity of B.S.wink.png

• Like 1

What about those of us who refer to ourselves as "nonbelievers"?

Ha ha, yeah I did think about that term. I figure it's probably similar to my definition of disbeliever.

2012 is coming and people make New Year's resolutions, so how 'bout you, Centauri et al put away all superfluity of naughtiness, huh? wink.png

... maybe you could make a resolution about being a bit more accepting of other peoples points of view?? Or maybe even expanding your knowledge out of its tiny nutshell?

I don't have an abundance of wickedness. I do have an abundance of skepticism and baloney detection, and they are telling me you have a superfluity of B.S.wink.png

Agi, I did not mean wickedness, I literally meant naughtiness when referring to you, Centauri et al. After I wrote that I realized that was a high insult in the biblical text; I translated it like a 21st century person. Good thing you have a good temperament. smile.png

... maybe you could make a resolution about being a bit more accepting of other peoples points of view?? Or maybe even expanding your knowledge out of its tiny nutshell?

The way you act one would think I want to legislate Christianity. I assure you I do NOT, I believe in freedom of choice.

The way you act one would think I want to legislate Christianity. I assure you I do NOT, I believe in freedom of choice.

Thumb, You believe in freedom of choice ?... but you also believe that those other 'choices' are totally wrong............... you granting 'freedom of choice' is like god's .......there really is no choice............firedevil.gif

• Like 1

Centauri, learn how to put line upon line, line upon line and you will see that God is wonderful and just.

Careful now, Idolatrix!

By asking Centauri to learn you're getting dangerously close to the forbidden act of teaching in this forum.

Don't go there! PageofCupsNono.gif

BAA.

• Like 1

Unless I hear a still small voice saying a person is hopeless, I will continue to pray for unbelievers and talk to those who are WILLING to talk to me.

YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO TALK TO ME NOW??!! AND TO BAA??!! OMG!!!! BECAUSE I SURE AM WILLING TO TALK TO YOU! AND I KNOW BAA HAS BEEN TRYING TO! AND I'M SURE OTHERS THAT YOU NO LONGER TALK TO WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO TALK TO ALL OF US WHO ARE WILLING! PRAISE THE LARD!!!! jesus.gif

Thumb pretty much ignores me...and I'm feeling hurt...lol...ok not really.

• Like 1

No, we all deserve death but He leans on His compassionate and merciful nature to pardon us because Jesus paid the penalty that we deserve.

I was created in God's image and likeness therefore I do not deserve death. I look like and am like God. It says so in da bible. :-)

• Like 1

If you believe in freedom of choice then why are you posting Christian biased posts in an Ex-Christian forum? You believe in letting people believe what they want....but you'll pray for those people, right? :-)

If you believe in freedom of choice why not encourage the people here to find their own path, whether it be atheism, paganism, buddhism... or whatever?

Agi, I did not mean wickedness, I literally meant naughtiness when referring to you, Centauri et al. After I wrote that I realized that was a high insult in the biblical text; I translated it like a 21st century person. Good thing you have a good temperament. smile.png

Oh, OK. I admit I'm naughty. But putting it away is too much to ask! zDuivel7.gif

Unless I hear a still small voice saying a person is hopeless, I will continue to pray for unbelievers and talk to those who are WILLING to talk to me.

YOU MEAN YOU'RE GOING TO TALK TO ME NOW??!! AND TO BAA??!! OMG!!!! BECAUSE I SURE AM WILLING TO TALK TO YOU! AND I KNOW BAA HAS BEEN TRYING TO! AND I'M SURE OTHERS THAT YOU NO LONGER TALK TO WOULD BE VERY HAPPY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO TALK TO ALL OF US WHO ARE WILLING! PRAISE THE LARD!!!! jesus.gif

Maybe we should start a thread: All The People Thumb Ignores.

I don't know what would be the point. Okay so Thumb doesn't dodge my questions or make snide comments about my personality. It's not like I am missing anything.

I don't know what would be the point. Okay so Thumb doesn't dodge my questions or make snide comments about my personality. It's not like I am missing anything.

She probably hasn't given up hope on you yet, MM! Your soul is still up for grabs!!

Oh, OK. I admit I'm naughty. But putting it away is too much to ask! zDuivel7.gif

I dunno, admittance is the first step to recovery wink.pngI shall ask and asking gets results. I need to ask a being higher than you; He can make the naughty nice, turn the wayward back to sons, make the fearful brave (ahem, Centauri), you get the picture.

P.S. I'm not ignoring people ( I do care about their souls), I have to pray earnestly for oddbird's orbs (two sets, spiritual and physical), Centauri's orbs, FG's orbs, EVERYBODY"S orbs.

I was created in God's image and likeness therefore I do not deserve death. I look like and am like God. It says so in da bible. :-)

Please reread your response and tell me why it really makes no sense, I'll highlight a hint. While you're at it please answer the questions in this post: To All Of God's Critics.

If you believe in freedom of choice then why are you posting Christian biased posts in an Ex-Christian forum? You believe in letting people believe what they want....but you'll pray for those people, right? :-)

If you believe in freedom of choice why not encourage the people here to find their own path, whether it be atheism, paganism, buddhism... or whatever?

Please reread your response and tell me why it really makes no sense tongue.png Try putting on your Christian googles for a sec.

I'm not ignoring people ( I do care about their souls)

It doesn't matter if you ignore people or not. You don't have any real answers. Pretending you have the answer is an irrelevant charade.

• Like 2

While you're at it please answer the questions in this post: To All Of God's Critics.

The problem with All Of God's Critics is that you make a number of assumptions that are not known to be fact. However I will play along. I already have created entities called Miis for my kid's video game system. For the Miis the answers are 1 less 2 none 3 not possible due to external limitations 4 not possible see 2

But you want to know what would I do if I was an all powerful God:

1 is less. I can't have them running around creating universes and people.

2 total. I don't need puppets.

3 I would built in a system limit so they could not hurt me. See 1

4 not possible. See 3.

Please reread your response and tell me why it really makes no sense, I'll highlight a hint. While you're at it please answer the questions in this post: To All Of God's Critics.

Ok Thumbelina, I'll play. I've taken a look at the four questions you've asked at the start of that topic. I have not read any of the subsequent responses, so my own response might duplicate something already said there. But here goes. Here are your questions:

1.Will the beings you create be equal to you or less powerful?

2.What degree of free will will you allow to those beings?

3.How will you prevent those beings from hurting you, each other and their creation?

4.What will you do with those beings who break your rules?

These questions are actually quite easy to answer because I hope to be in a very similar situation later on in my life, in that I hope to have children. And the way in which I would treat my children will strongly inform the answers to 2 - 4. Now:

1. If I had a choice in the matter, my creations would be less powerful than me, for obvious reasons.

2. The amount of free will I would give them would be proportional to their ability to use that free will responsibly. For example, I wouldn't allow my seven year old daughter to be left completely alone with an intelligent adult man who I know will do everything he can to mislead and turn her against me - in much the same way that God left Eve, a young woman with (according to the Bible) no understanding of the difference between right and wrong, completely alone at the mercy of the snake/devil.

So I would give my creations the maximum possible amount of free will that I know that they can reasonably handle. And hopefully as my creations grow in knowledge and intelligence and awareness of the world around them, the amount of free will that I can give them will increase.

3. Simple. I would impose rules upon my creation. These rules would be clear, firm and fair. My creations would know exactly where they stand - what the rules are, and what the consequences for breaking them will be. Again, to use the children example, the one thing I would not do is abandon them with a nanny when young and write them a confused, contradictory and incoherent book about how I expect them to behave.

I would also emphasise that my rules would be fair. For example, I would not make one of my creations homosexual and then punish him for being homosexual.

4. All rule breaking will be punished firmly but fairly, in a manner that is proportional to the deed committed. To use the child example one final time, if say my eight year old son punched his younger sister, I would make it quite clear to him that such behaviour is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. I might do this first by displaying controlled anger - telling him to go to his room and stay there - and then by talking to him and making understand what he's done wrong. I might also impose a punishment, such as not allowing him to watch TV for a given length of time for example. Finally, I would also require that he apologise to his sister. I would treat him with love at all stages of this process, and once the apology is given and the punishment served, I would make it clear that all is forgiven and that the matter will be forgotten from now on.

Needless to say, the fact that my punishments will be proportional is very important. I would not for instance put any of my creations to death for, well, any infraction, let alone a trivial one such as being rude to people (Leviticus 20:9, Kings 2:23-24). Nor would I ever consider imposing a punishment of infinite duration for a finite crime.

I'm not ignoring people ( I do care about their souls)

It doesn't matter if you ignore people or not. You don't have any real answers. Pretending you have the answer is an irrelevant charade.

God has the answers so stop resisting Him with snarkiness ad nauseum.